Prayers Requested for Kakalena

lazey1

Although it has been awhile since my good friend Kakalena posted reqularly here on Cruise Critic. I am sure that she still has many friends here who enjoyed her posts, the excursions she oversaw and the multitude of meet and greets that she set up. Kakalena has shared on facebook and given me permission to share here that she has been diagnosed with lung cancer. It is a subtype adenosquamos type 1A which is quite aggressive.

It looks like she will be having a lobectomy to remove the bottom lobe of her right lung, the date for surgery ihas not been set. 

she said " This is the moment where I need the support and prayers of all my friends...you were there for me before and I have no doubt you will be here for me now. I thank you all for your support and love you very much."

Jane

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this, Jane 😢 

Thank you so much for sharing this with us and our best wishes and prayers are winging their way to Kakalena 🙏🏻 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sending prayers for a successful surgery!   A very good friend of mine went through this back in 2019 due to an inoperable Tumor in lower Lung and it was a tough journey for her with Chemo, Radiation and Immunotherapy.  She is now Cancer Free.  My prayers that your Friend will also have a full recovery!  🙏

• Like 2

What a difficult post this must have been for you to make. Thank you for letting us know, Lazey1. 
My prayers and all my hopes for Kakalina throughout this difficult time. My she have the best of outcomes. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

I remember so vividly Kakalena's posts about the cruising of her and her husband. Good thoughts and prayers are being sent her way.

Same here, on all counts. She was very active on this board when I first joined.

• Like 1

Thank you all so much for the kind thoughts and thanks to Lazey1 for sharing. It's true I haven't had much heart for posting here since I lost Virgil. I do follow the threads from time to time. 

Lazey1 and I have a Hawaii cruise set for November so I have to get through this and heal as quickly as possible. With the help and support of my friends I've got this!

• Like 14

54 minutes ago, kakalina said:

With the help and support of my friends I've got this!

kakalina, I will add you to my prayer list.  Put yourself in the hands of our Heavenly Father.  Trust in his goodness and plan for you.  And, be comforted in knowing that "you are not alone" in whatever you--or any one of us--confront.  

• Like 1