Is anyone still booking cruises from the US for this year??

I've been booked for two years on a Caribbean cruise that leaves out of Florida right after Thanksgiving. It's impossible to get 2BR Aquatheater suites too so if this gets cancelled I might not cruise again for many years.

Edited by spooky981

22 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I will be shifting my July Mariner cruise if/when it gets cancelled.  It was one of those great bargain ones that has already been shifted once.  The one I just booked for September is not really shift worthy😇

The one I have on Oasis for November is a L&S and definitely worth shifting again if necessary

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I had a Mariner in June of 2020 that was $701 (total for both) in a corner aft balcony because I booked it in March 2020 when they had giveaway prices.  Shifted first to June 2021, then again to the Independence in June 2022, next door to corner aft.  Another Mariner for 5 nights was $713, missed November 2020, hoping for 2021.  Also four nights on Celebrity in a balcony with a drink package for $728.   And a Harmony seven-night in April for $1,096.  We have enough at L&S prices combined with some excellent deals found by our new TA to get us through to January 2023 without paying the new, higher prices.  We will be in great shape once we restart.  But we are 68 and 72, so it is time to get cruising while we still can!

Nice!!!   Same kind of deal here.  Shifted from NV to MA for $690 total for 2 hump balcony.  I have another one shifted from NV in December also a hump balcony for $630 total for 2 also 4 nights.

Also have a 3 night MA solo balcony in November that is $400 total for one person.  I think that one was also a NV shift.

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

Just now, molly361 said:

Nice!!!   Same kind of deal here.  Shifted from NV to MA for $690 total for 2 hump balcony.  I have another one shifted from NV in December also a hump balcony for $630 total for 2 also 4 nights.

You must have the same sixth sense that I do for finding cruise deals!  It is like they find me somehow.  We have gradually shifted to 7-9 nights since I retired, but those short ones are too good to give up.  

3 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

I think anyone with a pulse understands there will be a vaccination requirement.

NJ out today is proposing a bill banning the vaccine passport. When asked specifically about cruises, if the guy being interviewed was ok with cruises requiring a vaccination he said no. NJ doesnt want 2 classes of people. 

Florida and texas both banned this passport. Idk how this will come out. I'm thinking no cruises from the usa for even longer than people here think. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

You must have the same sixth sense that I do for finding cruise deals!  It is like they find me somehow.  We have gradually shifted to 7-9 nights since I retired, but those short ones are too good to give up.  

I love finding cruise deals!!!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

That's still questionable. The CDC says no cruise over 7 nights. B2B's are separate cruises. Getting off the ship then getting back on again so it's not continuous. When they put that clause in RCG pulled all cruises over 7 nights but they still  allowed B2B's to be booked and continue to allow it. 

Celebrity cancelled our second half of a B2B - said it wasn't allowed - period - we are refunding your deposit - no L&S or 125% FCC.

50 minutes ago, island lady said:

Spending the summer in Maine, since we lost all of our summer cruises, then became too late to book normal site for the "land yacht" up there for the summer.  

Sooo... now it is five different rental homes in five different areas over the four months, flying up and renting an SUV for the whole time.     

Bar Harbor for just the one night.  

The lobsters are nervous!  😉 

Got space for 2 more folks - promise to be quiet!!!!

40 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

NJ out today is proposing a bill banning the vaccine passport. When asked specifically about cruises, if the guy being interviewed was ok with cruises requiring a vaccination he said no. NJ doesnt want 2 classes of people. 

Florida and texas both banned this passport. Idk how this will come out. I'm thinking no cruises from the usa for even longer than people here think. 

Yea, I couldn't believe NJ would ban the passport. So, I'm holding onto my money until more answers are given.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

BUT Abbott said that he would NOT forbid private business from asking for and making their own requirements.

1 hour ago, Retired LEO said:

That's still questionable. The CDC says no cruise over 7 nights. B2B's are separate cruises. Getting off the ship then getting back on again so it's not continuous. When they put that clause in RCG pulled all cruises over 7 nights but they still  allowed B2B's to be booked and continue to allow it. 

Neither the CDC nor CBP agree with your statement; bot entities view B2B (or B2B2B) cruises as one continuous itinerary, therefore forbidden under the current CSO.

2 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

BUT Abbott said that he would NOT forbid private business from asking for and making their own requirements.

Yeah, I fail to see why not allowing a vaccine passport requirement = no cruises from the USA. Those have nothing to do with each other. A cruise line could require proof of a vaccine or PCR test without there being a vaccine passport, per se.

Just now, not-enough-cruising said:

I know. Again ... I expect a lot of changes. Pretty much doing nothing unless rcl wants to drop prices for quick get aways. Nothing else to tempt me.

Got a sept carnival cruise I'll probably have to rebook. I booked over a year out and was overly optimistic.  We dont really know more about resuming than we did before. Please dont lecture me, yes of course I know about cso. My pt is cruiselines are doing nothing except yelling at cdc about it. No sign of resuming.

Lots of know it alls. No known facts. On another site someone wanted to book airfare from Galveston and I said with covid tests and all I'd give it more time. Someone removed my post saying day 6 covid tests will be administered. This is a known out of Galveston?  Really? 

I'm just sitting back waiting on facts. Unless prices drop count me out. I'm weary of speculation.

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

. A cruise line could require proof of a vaccine or PCR test without there being a vaccine passport, per se.

And I hope they do. Protect the passengers, ship crew and the cruise line.

23 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

This is pretty scary, thinking this Covid was almost over...........Not it this country, will other countries follow this trend?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/indias-covid-tsunami-is-the-worst-in-the-world-why-that-should-worry-americans-140203352.html

Lessons can be learned here:

In Israel, mass coronavirus vaccinations bring post-covid life roaring back - The Washington Post

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Got space for 2 more folks - promise to be quiet!!!!

Sure....come on up!   But we wouldn't mind if you made a lot of noise anyway.  Just remember you will have to put up with fresh steamed lobster dinners though.  😉 

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

Sure....come on up!   But we wouldn't mind if you made a lot of noise anyway.  Just remember you will have to put up with fresh steamed lobster dinners though.  😉 

That was what we feared most!!!!!! Maybe next time when peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are on the menu!!!!

• Like 1

We have been booking new cruises after each cruise is cancelled.  We have cruises booked in 2021 for July, August, September, October & 2 in November on Royal, and 1 in December on HAL.  We have 4 booked in 2022.  It seems that Club Royale wants us back on the ships to gamble (ie. donate).  They continue to offer us "free" cruises.  They want us back and we would love to be cruising again.  All 3 of us have been vaccinated.  

14 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Yeah, I fail to see why not allowing a vaccine passport requirement = no cruises from the USA. Those have nothing to do with each other. A cruise line could require proof of a vaccine or PCR test without there being a vaccine passport, per se.

A vaccine passport is a updated digital version of the WHO yellow card, which is proof of a vaccine. The current CDC cards are easily forageable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/04/18/scams-coronavirus-vaccination-cards/

12 minutes ago, ArthurUSCG said:

A vaccine passport is a updated digital version of the WHO yellow card, which is proof of a vaccine. The current CDC cards are easily forageable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/04/18/scams-coronavirus-vaccination-cards/

So true...and so sad that nefarious types will knowingly endanger themselves and everyone around them with their lies.  

Their house...their rules.  Don't like it...don't go there.  🤨