Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

3 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I agree. Princess should send out emails when the various sections open up. People on the July 25 Majestic Princess cruise are making reservations for shows and activities; you know the people on the August 1 cruise are checking the app a few times a day. We’re on the August 8 cruise and I’m watching the August 1 roll call to see when they mention being able to see the schedule, and then I’ll be checking hourly. 

It’s soooooooo relaxing. 😆

I did not know reservations are needed for the shows. I guess I haven't been paying attention. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1965 said:

I did not know reservations are needed for the shows. I guess I haven't been paying attention. 

I'm not sure they are. Some reports say it's just scheduling what you want to do in the MC app but it's not a reservation.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Health Status section, added today, states that masks must be worn when moving around the ship (Alaska cruise on August 8). I think this might be the first time we’ve seen this, isn’t it?

6C6D398F-EB43-4E5C-A1E1-982C26D6B3B7.png

Quite a change from what Princess said on June 30.

28 Slide 004.jpg

6 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

People on the July 25 Majestic Princess cruise are making reservations for shows and activities;

First I have seen mention that this can be done.

What type activities now require a reservation?

Having to plan every minute of every day on a cruise months in advance of sailing in order to participate is not my cup of tea.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I actually like the idea of reservations for the theater.  Do I get to pick my seat too?  Or just to enter?  How hard would it be to "reserve" my favorite section? 

If it is done the same way as on RCI, it is just a reservation to be able to enter the theater when it opens.

In practice the line forms very early and people wait in that line a long time because they want to get their choice of seat once the doors are opened.

Then there is another line of people without reservations who line up just as early, but must wait on line until about 10 minutes before showtime in the hope seats will be available then because some with reservations did not show up.

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Shows are timed to suit the Traditional Early and Late dining windows and those are:

5:00pm, 5:20pm, & 5:40pm

7:00pm, 7:20pm & 7:40pm

This is quite different than in the past.

With three dining rooms, the early Traditional seating was only in two dining rooms with the third dining room being for Anytime.

And the late Traditional seating had only one dining room with the other two being for Anytime,

But now it appears there will be traditional dining in (parts of?) all three dining rooms for both seatings.

5 hours ago, caribill said:

With three dining rooms, the early Traditional seating was only in two dining rooms with the third dining room being for Anytime.

And the late Traditional seating had only one dining room with the other two being for Anytime,

But now it appears there will be traditional dining in (parts of?) all three dining rooms for both seatings.

Yes, but we don't know if they are going to mix up the dining styles across all three DR's on the ships that have two @ mid-ship and one aft (counting splits on Sapphire I think it is as one).  On an ISLAND voyage, we are in Provence DR which was used for TD.  Island and Coral have only two DR's - both mid-ship.

I also know that all DR's were not offering space in DMW when it was working.  At least some voyages with at least some ships never had space in one of the DR's.  It's hard to know exactly what they did with initial roll-out of DMW.  If they don't set aside DR space as before, IDK how they can reliably offer same wait-staff.  I imagine the MD's will still look to organize their DR"s similar to before.  But I really think we don't know until more clarity on DMW and on what happens on board when ships start traveling again with passengers.

The times fall within the range of what they were doing before DMW. 

7 hours ago, caribill said:

Pre Medallion Class vs. Post Medallion Class. It's a new world. Enjoy!

8 hours ago, caribill said:

Having to plan every minute of every day on a cruise months in advance of sailing in order to participate is not my cup of tea.

That's the beauty of Medallion Class. As John Padgett says over and over on Medallion Monday there are two types of cruisers - planners and non planners. Sounds like reservations for activities aren't allowed until 2 weeks before the cruise. Once onboard, one can make reservations through the App. Should reduce having to stand in line waiting for doors to open.

8 minutes ago, billco said:

That's the beauty of Medallion Class. As John Padgett says over and over on Medallion Monday there are two types of cruisers - planners and non planners. Sounds like reservations for activities aren't allowed until 2 weeks before the cruise Once onboard, one can make reservations through the App. Should reduce having to stand in line waiting for doors to open.

a) Having to reserve doing an activity makes it sound as if there will be new capacity limits to activities.

b) It will likely not reduce standing in line waiting for doors to open as people will stand in line to get the place they want to sit at the activity or show.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, billco said:

Sounds like reservations for activities aren't allowed until 2 weeks before the cruise. Once onboard, one can make reservations through the App.

I wonder how many staff members must now be at all entrances to every such activity to make sure only those who made advance reservations can enter the venue until it is time to start.

what is the difference in 50 people making reservations, then standing in a line to get the best seats, and just the first 50 people who get to the venue standing in line

both situations have lines so don't use that as the reason for making a reservation and not

guess we will be in another line at the venue to be admitted to the nose-bleed seats in the event of the inevitable no-show placeholders who made the 'reservations' in advance "just to, in case we want to" go

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, voljeep said:

what is the difference in 50 people making reservations, then standing in a line to get the best seats, and just the first 50 people who get to the venue standing in line

both situations have lines so don't use that as the reason for making a reservation and not

guess we will be in another line at the venue to be admitted to the nose-bleed seats in the event of the inevitable no-show placeholders who made the 'reservations' in advance "just to, in case we want to" go

Whatever. Medallion Class is the way it's going to be. 

10 hours ago, caribill said:

This Medallion Class Monday about JourneyView addresses the reservations for activities. 

• Thanks 2

Yesterday, I reinstalled MC and was able to do DMW booking and show more under Personal information including transportation, home airport.

Today, my DMW booking still shows BUT now MC is back to only show security photo, profile photo, pin code.

Each day, MC shows something different. 

Edited by phabric
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, caribill said:

Quite a change from what Princess said on June 30.

28 Slide 004.jpg

Maybe the change (if it is a change) is in response to the Delta variant? My guess is that they're hedging their bets and will post something more definitive before departure that will be dependent on a bunch of variables. 

23 minutes ago, Chai8 said:

Maybe the change (if it is a change) is in response to the Delta variant? My guess is that they're hedging their bets and will post something more definitive before departure that will be dependent on a bunch of variables. 

When Princess makes changes such as this, they should announce it in an E-mail to affected passengers or with a press release or a notice on the web site or a combination of these ways..

Hiding it in a paragraph within an app feature is not the way to do it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

This Medallion Class Monday about JourneyView addresses the reservations for activities. 

Thanks…can make event reservations at home beginning 60 days in advance or onboard and when onboard can make a gangway departure time reservation 24 hours in advance.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, caribill said:

When Princess makes changes such as this, they should announce it in an E-mail to affected passengers or with a press release or a notice on the web site or a combination of these ways..

Hiding it in a paragraph within an app feature is not the way to do it.

I agree. I was just told by someone in sales at Princess that masks will not be required onboard for the Alaska sailings. This may, in fact, be just another Medallion app debacle. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Thanks. I had not seen this.

Interesting what the Medallion can do now. Previously it could unlock your door as you approached the cabin. Now with it you "can get in and out of your room without touching a thing."  No more having to touch and turn a handle and push the door open to get into your cabin or pull the door open to leave it. Just like on Star Trek. Touch free.

And I see that you can now make a reservation up to 60 days in advance to attend the on deck sailaway celebration. Before, there was no need to make a reservation to attend this. I assume staff will make sure anyone making their way to this event will have made a reservation.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, caribill said:

I assume staff will make sure anyone making their way to this event will have made a reservation.

Of course.  It will be completely fair and orderly with 100% enforcement.  Space lasers will zap any guests trying to jump the ropes and security will drag them away.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Of course.  It will be completely fair and orderly with 100% enforcement.  Space lasers will zap any guests trying to jump the ropes and security will drag them away.  

I would expect nothing less from Princess.

• Haha 1