Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I agree. I was just told by someone in sales at Princess that masks will not be required onboard for the Alaska sailings. This may, in fact, be just another Medallion app debacle. 

Nice to have that confirmed because my first thought at reading the app text was another IT screw-up using some old info.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Of course.  It will be completely fair and orderly with 100% enforcement.  Space lasers will zap any guests trying to jump the ropes and security will drag them away.  

Guess they’ll also need to use them at the gangway when passengers without a reservation go there or arrive too early. 

I wish they’d first make the primary MC app functions fully operational before attempting to add other cool enhancements.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, caribill said:

I wonder how many staff members must now be at all entrances to every such activity to make sure only those who made advance reservations can enter the venue until it is time to start.

Does princess still have a cadre of gurkhas on board for security?

56 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I wish they’d first make the primary MC app functions fully operational before attempting to add other cool enhancements.

My biggest fear about our upcoming Majestic cruise has nothing to do with COVID and everything to do with this darn app. I have had cruises in the past where I spent literally hours working with the ship’s Finance Manager mansplaining to me that it was impossible for over $1000 OBC to disappear from one cruise to the next. Except it wasn’t impossible, and he finally realized that it was a system error and the fix had to come from California. That is no way to spend a cruise, and working with the Ocean people on board to get the app to work so I can get off the ship isn’t either. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Cannot use Medallion App at all on my tablet it keeps crashing at varying stages before I have signed in and have no idea why it is doing it or what is causing it.

If your tablet runs Android what version of Android does it run?  What version of the app are you running?

I've got a new (to me anyway) gripe about the app. Added our flights in Personalizer while it was still taking them. Then changed the outbound flight to an earlier one and updated Personalizer. When the flights finally showed up in the app, it was the old outbound flight. Okay. No harm, no foul on that. Remove it and add in the right one, right? Ha! I've tried three times, fighting my way through the form, which is crap, and it alternately tells me that it's invalid info (it isn't) or that it can't save it. Please try later. Sigh.

2 hours ago, Ronnieslady said:

This App. Is crap!!!!!'  What were they thinking, rolling this App out before it was ready.  How dare they????

---

We think alike:

---

As well as @MX-Drew:

---

Edited by RSS from SF

2 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

My biggest fear about our upcoming Majestic cruise has nothing to do with COVID and everything to do with this darn app.

I feel the same way…what an awful experience you had previously with OBC.

It’s frustrating to have them promoting new cool functions…stop those & fix the basics on this nightmare app. The few minutes saved onboard is trivial in comparison to the hours we’re spending while attempting to get their unreliable MC app to work properly.

• Like 4

I'm not sure if it's in this thread or another, but there's a short video extolling the new features that are supposed to be available on the app. I went on the app while watching and not one of the features is there. 

I wholeheartedly agree with those who have said make the basic features work first, and then add the cool updates. 

• Like 4

My experience with Techies is that once they open the hood to fix a Bug, they cannot resist adding a neat new feature.

Separate thought what happens to the majority of cruisers that are unaware of Medallion App and just go about things the old way.

3 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

I've got a new (to me anyway) gripe about the app. Added our flights in Personalizer while it was still taking them. Then changed the outbound flight to an earlier one and updated Personalizer. When the flights finally showed up in the app, it was the old outbound flight. Okay. No harm, no foul on that. Remove it and add in the right one, right? Ha! I've tried three times, fighting my way through the form, which is crap, and it alternately tells me that it's invalid info (it isn't) or that it can't save it. Please try later. Sigh.

If you can handle the hold time, call Princess Reservations and try to get transferred to Booking Support. I had to do that for a different reason two days ago, and while I had someone on the phone, she asked why I kept inputting and removing our travel information. I told her that I hadn’t; I had not yet been able to save our travel information in the app despite trying over 20 times and was concerned because we had purchased a Princess transfer. She told me our flight info was, in fact, in the booking and even gave me our flight number. Despite the unable to save error message. Go figure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

If you can handle the hold time, call Princess Reservations and try to get transferred to Booking Support. I had to do that for a different reason two days ago, and while I had someone on the phone, she asked why I kept inputting and removing our travel information. I told her that I hadn’t; I had not yet been able to save our travel information in the app despite trying over 20 times and was concerned because we had purchased a Princess transfer. She told me our flight info was, in fact, in the booking and even gave me our flight number. Despite the unable to save error message. Go figure. 

Well, maybe mine is too. I'll see what shakes loose. Thanks for the info. 😀

4 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Now that is sad but humorous.  I am willing to try anything.  So someone suggested that a new update was available today.  So I (made the mistake) downloaded the update in hopes of being able to upload my vaccination card.

WRONG

Can't upload vaccination card in Health Status.  Screen goes dreaded white.

My standing went from Green Lane to Blue Lane.

Ocean Ready Profile lost #2.  I don't know how many times I have "ordered" a medallion.  Does that mean I will receive one for each time I ordered it because Princess dropped my information?  Another dreaded white window.

I called Princess.com a few minutes after 5 PM.  Yup....OCEAN department is now closed and not open on the weekends.  

Anyone have a crystal ball?  When will they fix this app???????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Made a booking Thursday via phone with Princess.

The agent told me I should use my cell phone to enter needed information "with the easy to use app."

How exciting to hear they’ve developed a new easy to use app!!! Can’t wait till it’s available 😜The current one is pretty miserable. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Cruising in January  and I'm getting  concerned that this MASSIVE FAILURE of a system will not be fixed by then. Thinking of cancelling  and booking w another cruise line. Good luck to all that are struggling . 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, caribill said:

Made a booking Thursday via phone with Princess.

The agent told me I should use my cell phone to enter needed information "with the easy to use app."

Looking forward to an update that will include the Medallion App on my Apple watch. I think it would be great to access features without having to pull out my iPhone.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, billco said:

I think it would be great to access features without having to pull out my iPhone.

I feel the same way - I don't want to have to get a particular phone to access features I had to pay for.

• Like 1

Just now, Daniel A said:

I feel the same way - I don't want to have to get a particular phone to access features I had to pay for.

Hmmm. Not sure we really feel the same way. I would like to use my Apple Watch to access Medallion App features that are on my iPhone. I am fine with the Medallion App and looking forward to my upcoming Medallion Class cruise.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, billco said:

Hmmm. Not sure we really feel the same way. I would like to use my Apple Watch to access Medallion App features that are on my iPhone. I am fine with the Medallion App and looking forward to my upcoming Medallion Class cruise.

I was fine with setting up my Medallion Class cruise for February 2020.  The app worked fine on my devices and it was kind of fun to use some of the features.  I'm not fine with the concept that now Princess is requiring me to purchase a newer expensive device and to use it to reserve seats at dinner, shows, etc.  I liked the medallion itself but they are 'upgrading' us to death.  I certainly appreciate that you like to use the current technology, but not all of us are as enamored with getting rid of devices that still do everything wanted.  To each their own.  I hope you get the app on your watch, I'm sure it will enhance your onboard experience.

(BTW, I was posting tongue in cheek earlier.  🙂)

Edited by Daniel A
  • Like 2