Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

On 7/8/2021 at 3:07 PM, azbirdmom said:

For those who were concerned about the disappearance of the luggage tags, they are back, at least for the Alaska cruises.  And they still show the old $15 corkage fee 🙂 

my August 15th Alaska cruise has updated the BYO clauseScreenshot_20210711-021823_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0b73eb2bd7ce25b5109d812633f4daec.jpg to:

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Ombud said:

No. Its in the passenger contract. I think I'll print out a luggage tag. 

I'm back @azbirdmom. My luggage tag also says $15!! Just a small discrepancy between tags & contract

And we all know the Contract is going to prevail.  But Princess is just setting themselves up for a complainer or two that will insist they were expecting $15 fee.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2021 at 5:08 PM, Roberto256 said:

I agree.  Based on posts here, the app fails for people on a wide variety of hardware.

I found out the hard way that it's not so much the hardware, but rather it the operating system.  My phone works, but my tablet doesn't.  The app requires Android 8 or better, my tablet is version 7.7.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ED49404 said:

I found out the hard way that it's not so much the hardware, but rather it the operating system.  My phone works, but my tablet doesn't.  The app requires Android 8 or better, my tablet is version 7.7.

I'm sure you are not happy about that. I know the feeling.

9 hours ago, Ombud said:

my August 15th Alaska cruise has updated the BYO clauseScreenshot_20210711-021823_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0b73eb2bd7ce25b5109d812633f4daec.jpg to:

Where in the travel summary do you find these statements.  Have looked all through mine and see nothing like this.  Maybe it's because we are not cruising until 28 Nov and this won't be shown until closer to cruise date.  At least for now Princess allows some coke and water to be brought on board.  

56 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Where in the travel summary do you find these statements.  Have looked all through mine and see nothing like this.  Maybe it's because we are not cruising until 28 Nov and this won't be shown until closer to cruise date.  At least for now Princess allows some coke and water to be brought on board.  

Its there. On a mobile site follow this ::

-> select Luggage Tag & Travel Summary 

-> from there select Additional Forms & Documents

-> near the bottom you'll see

• Like 1

On 7/11/2021 at 1:20 PM, ED49404 said:

I'm sure you are not happy about that. I know the feeling.

On 7/8/2021 at 8:07 PM, Dave from Ont said:

Update: The MedallionClass app is still crashing for us. We have deleted and downloaded it numerous times. We have spoke to Customer Service, Princess MedallionClass help, and written to Customer Service. We own ipad Mini 2, Model A1489. OS 12.5.4. We have not been able to get any help. Princess has told us it should be working. When I download the app it open and asks me to share photos, and I do and it asks about pushing messages and I agree. It allows me to swipe 4 pages of what the app can do. Then it crashes. When I open the app again the screen than says "Sounds Good To Me" and then crashes.

I know I have been on here several time expressing my frustration with this app I just can believe Princess doesn't have a work around for people with these problems. I've been told to have a family member etc., do it for us, however, I won't have anything in hand when I get to the port to show I have done all the steps and check-in. I don't want Murphy striking. I just want a stress free holiday and finally get to finish a cruise that has been cancelled 2 times in the past. Surely to god Princess can put a work around up on it's website until they get the kinks out of their app. We still have 234 days till the cruise, I know we have time, it's just so darn frustrating. If it's not sorted this will be our last Princess cruise.

I have the same problem on my Lenovo tablet using Android 8.1where it keeps on crashing at various parts of the App and cannot get any straight answer from Princess in the UK all they say is can you use a family or friends tablet or smartphone.

Hmmm. My iPhone shows it was updated and the first time I went into it, the additional stuff showed but almost everything showed incomplete including things that were previously complete. Then it went back to what it was showing before with no travel information and everything it was showing showing as complete. But now it says "Blue Lane" while before today it was "Green Lane".

• Like 1

Their Cruise Health webpage (updated 7/9/21) states masks aren’t required onboard for fully vaccinated passengers except in the terminal or if required by ports.

Which are we to believe…their health webpage or what you received on the app? With the app having so many problems think the webpage might be more reliable?

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

Logged me off.  Automatically logged me back in.  Must have updated overnight.  But my "Health Status" is still unavailable.  Says to check back closer to sailing.  Not able to pick an arrival time.  Anyone know how many days out you can request time?  I hate checking every day, twice a day, or more frequently.

46 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Logged me off.  Automatically logged me back in.  Must have updated overnight.  But my "Health Status" is still unavailable.  Says to check back closer to sailing.  Not able to pick an arrival time.  Anyone know how many days out you can request time?  I hate checking every day, twice a day, or more frequently.

I agree. Princess should send out emails when the various sections open up. People on the July 25 Majestic Princess cruise are making reservations for shows and activities; you know the people on the August 1 cruise are checking the app a few times a day. We’re on the August 8 cruise and I’m watching the August 1 roll call to see when they mention being able to see the schedule, and then I’ll be checking hourly. 

It’s soooooooo relaxing. 😆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I actually like the idea of reservations for the theater.  Do I get to pick my seat too?  Or just to enter?  How hard would it be to "reserve" my favorite section?  

Oh, I forgot, E-A-S-Y is not built in to this app.

7 hours ago, lstone19 said:

Hmmm. My iPhone shows it was updated and the first time I went into it, the additional stuff showed but almost everything showed incomplete including things that were previously complete. Then it went back to what it was showing before with no travel information and everything it was showing showing as complete. But now it says "Blue Lane" while before today it was "Green Lane".

Same here.  I am guessing they decided to BLUE Lane everyone until all five sections are GREEN, but that only happens a day or two before sailing due to timing of the health form submission.

6 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Health Status section, added today, states that masks must be worn when moving around the ship (Alaska cruise on August 8). I think this might be the first time we’ve seen this, isn’t it?

6C6D398F-EB43-4E5C-A1E1-982C26D6B3B7.png

5 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Their Cruise Health webpage (updated 7/9/21) states masks aren’t required onboard for fully vaccinated passengers except in the terminal or if required by ports.

Which are we to believe…their health webpage or what you received on the app? With the app having so many problems think the webpage might be more reliable?

I think the text that Pescado posted is out of date.  It rings to some time in the past.  I bet it was something IT had from way earlier in the project and have stuck it into the App without even thinking or knowing that things have changed somewhat.  I agree with Astro and would go with their updated Health notice from this month.  I will bet my cruise deposit that IT has screwed it up again with incorrect information. 

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Yes, it is ridiculous that no one knows this - or seems to.  And no standard published.  Should be very simple to do and should have been in the original business functional requirements/specs, so why isn't this common knowledge by now?  

8 hours ago, ScratchTheRat said:

The app is updated and I can book dinners now but cant see the event schedule so I cant really book dinners yet 😞

Event schedule is going to be quite late - close to sailing.

Shows are timed to suit the Traditional Early and Late dining windows and those are:

5:00pm, 5:20pm, & 5:40pm

7:00pm, 7:20pm & 7:40pm

If you dine in those windows, you should be fine.  (Wanted to say "will", but I trust nothing until verified by some early voyages.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Thanks 1