Dine My Way - new MedallionClass enhancement

dides

I just had another thought. 

Has anyone who selected ANYTIME in the Personalizer when booking their cruise, and who has access to DMW in the MC app, do you have any default dinner reservations if you look at Review Dining?

I was wondering if the project team assigned everyone a res and not just those who selected TD early/late preference.  If they assigned default dining to the AT group, well that would make a mess of things, wouldn't it?

23 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Has anyone who selected ANYTIME in the Personalizer when booking their cruise, and who has access to DMW in the MC app, do you have any default dinner reservations if you look at Review Dining?

I was wondering if the project team assigned everyone a res and not just those who selected TD early/late preference.  If they assigned default dining to the AT group, well that would make a mess of things, wouldn't it?

My 2nd cruise is August 2022. That one was requested as Anytime dining booked prior to DMW. There were NO dining reservations automatically assigned. I am Platinum, so just to see if I could... 😃

I set up a dining reservation for the first night of the cruise. I was able to do that.

Also, there are 2 ways to access DMW. When I tried the little picture at the top, it told me "Dining My Way Not Available--Try Later" or something like that. Then I scrolled down to access it by clicking 'the words' and it allowed me access.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

My 2nd cruise is August 2022. That one was requested as Anytime dining booked prior to DMW. There were NO dining reservations automatically assigned. I am Platinum, so just to see if I could... 😃

I set up a dining reservation for the first night of the cruise. I was able to do that.

Also, there are 2 ways to access DMW. When I tried the little picture at the top, it told me "Dining My Way Not Available--Try Later" or something like that. Then I scrolled down to access it by clicking 'the words' and it allowed me access.

Thanks for the first part and I have also done the trick in the second part - sometimes works and sometimes not.  Then I just wait a bit and try again.

56 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

We had selected Anytime dining for all of our upcoming cruises. I clicked on the DMW link and (after a long session of "loading") got several choices.

• Reserve for the same time each day
  • View or book individual daily reservations
  • Order for delivery with OceanNow

I selected Viewor book individual daily reservations. It offered me Pacific Moon Dining Room. Table for 2. 7:00 PM  It also had "Cancel Reservation" as an option. Not sure if this means a reservation was automagically set up for us or not but it's definitely not what I would consider Anytime. Also, I'm pretty sure I had selected a Table for 6 (or 8 - can't remember which) in the Personalizer.

• Thanks 1

As I think I'd read in another post, there doesn't seem to be any defined "anytime" or even "traditional" dining times now that DMW is reality.  If you chose early or late traditional dining, curious how this is going to play out without a specific designated time?  And as far as anytime dining goes, if you  just show up during the dining hours without a reservation, is the wait going to be even longer?

Looks like the upcoming summer cruises will be the real test.

29 minutes ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

Hopefully by the time I board Majestic in late October after 3 months of cruising many of the kinks in the system will be gone. 🤞☺️

Until then I can only try to make plans & to stay updated about app changes…something more than just watching Love Boat reruns on PlutoTV & dreaming about a return to sea. 😊🛳

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

If you want to know more about experiences with DMW, see the master thread for this topic at or near the top of the Princess Cruises board here on Cruise Critic.

I wish I could tell you to avoid the DMW option for now, but it looks like we are stuck with it!!!

3 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Wozz you seem to be obsessed with others obsessing about Dinner Reservations months ahead. The old system had one and a half dining rooms dedicated to Traditional. Late Traditional was under utilized, so Princess moved Traditional times earlier. Many people complained that new times were too early. Anytime diners wanted Reservations at peak times, not allowed. Any timers complained about long lines to get a buzzer and then a wait for a table. Any timers also complained about Traditional turning up at Anytime unannounced. DMW alleviates all these problems, on paper, 

But you know all this, right?

Yes, of course.

We just go with the flow. When we are ready to eat, probably around 20:00, we stroll to the MDR and see what is available. We don't care what table size we have, and if we have to wait for 20 minutes or so, no matter.

The problem is that people are just too darn picky - they want to eat at a specific time at a specific table,  or they aren't prepared to wait a few minutes for a table. 

You are on holiday - relax. After all, it's not the end of the world if you eat dinner 15 minutes late, although some posters on here seem to think it is.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

We had selected Anytime dining for all of our upcoming cruises. I clicked on the DMW link and (after a long session of "loading") got several choices.

• Reserve for the same time each day
  • View or book individual daily reservations
  • Order for delivery with OceanNow

I selected Viewor book individual daily reservations. It offered me Pacific Moon Dining Room. Table for 2. 7:00 PM  It also had "Cancel Reservation" as an option. Not sure if this means a reservation was automagically set up for us or not but it's definitely not what I would consider Anytime. Also, I'm pretty sure I had selected a Table for 6 (or 8 - can't remember which) in the Personalizer.

Thanks for the note.  (We have been on Majestic, BTW, and I don't recall that name for one of the DR's.  I guess I just go by Deck 6 mid-ship, Deck 6 aft, or Deck 5 mid-ship most of the time.  LOL).   DOH!!  Sapphire - never been on her.

When you selected View or Book, IF you had something already setup, it would have displayed there are you scrolled through each date of the cruise. 

Based on the previous post and yours, it appears as though they set nothing up for AT selections.

As for the table size, well I have ranted about that already.  They do need to add that choice back.  Right now, they are defaulting you to a table that is the size of your dining party. 

If this keeps up, the poor MD is going to be VERY busy on Embarkation afternoon.

Edited by Steelers36

2 hours ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

As I think I'd read in another post, there doesn't seem to be any defined "anytime" or even "traditional" dining times now that DMW is reality.  If you chose early or late traditional dining, curious how this is going to play out without a specific designated time?  And as far as anytime dining goes, if you  just show up during the dining hours without a reservation, is the wait going to be even longer?

Our booking was for Early TD.  We were default assigned 5pm at a 2-top.  But not Allegro as one might expect.  It was Concerto I believe (which I would prefer actually).  I had to delete all those and setup new "TD style", including our travel companions and using 6pm was assigned Symphony, but even using 5pm, it did not offer Concerto regularly and I never did see Allegro (which is one of the clues I am guessing that not all tables are loaded into inventory).

FINALLY, after checking and rebooking several times, I have a table for 2 for all seven nights... oh and for the night we are at the hotel.  Yes, it let me book dinner on the cruise for the pre-cruise hotel night.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dave_k58 said:

I had booked anytime dining on a TA on the SKY and today I looked at the summary and under dining options it said - DO NOT SHow -  We are in a CLub Class Mini-Suite . 

You do not need reservations.  You are AT dining by default and have a special section of tables.  You will have a minimal or no wait by all past reports.  I am thinking if you have a set time in mind for most nights, a word to the team there will likely have your table ready from then on.

12 hours ago, dave_k58 said:

I had booked anytime dining on a TA on the SKY and today I looked at the summary and under dining options it said - DO NOT SHow -  We are in a CLub Class Mini-Suite . 

Club class is a separate part of the dining room. Just show up when you want and you will be seated. I have never waited more than a few minutes

• Like 1

19 hours ago, wowzz said:

Yes, of course.

We just go with the flow. When we are ready to eat, probably around 20:00, we stroll to the MDR and see what is available. We don't care what table size we have, and if we have to wait for 20 minutes or so, no matter.

The problem is that people are just too darn picky - they want to eat at a specific time at a specific table,  or they aren't prepared to wait a few minutes for a table. 

You are on holiday - relax. After all, it's not the end of the world if you eat dinner 15 minutes late, although some posters on here seem to think it is.

At risk of repeating myself, 20:00 is just too late for us especially if we want to see the Show. 19:00 19:30 is fine but it does mean one of us has to leave the bar to line up and get u buzzer. Or Queue Up as you would say😀

At 8:00 there is usually no line at all. 

8 hours ago, chicgotgame said:

I’m only able to book dining times for the first of several cruise bookings. Anyone else have this issue? 

Was able to reserve time for Feb/March 2022. Can not for 2023 bookings. Not available window pops up.

2 hours ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

We booked a few dinners on the Enchanted and the dining room we are in I cannot even find on that ship. Has anyone else had this problem?

On Discovery two of the DMW dining room names are new ones: Skagway & Juneau. Their website shows Discovery’s deck plans but not their names; the MC app doesn’t show the deck plans.

I made nightly reservations but currently there’s no ship assignment shown in the MC app for our Spring ‘22 cruise from LA. Discovery is shown in the Cruise Personalizer & confirmation…has anyone else booked on Discovery experienced this glitch in the MC app?

We were able to enter a Dine My Way fixed reservation for our 2022 cruise. Is there a way to just view, not change, what has been reserved? When I went into Dine My Way and tried to view the reservation a message came up that it was a duplicate reservation, I did not continue. Now I don't know what's going on.

1 hour ago, skynight said:

We were able to enter a Dine My Way fixed reservation for our 2022 cruise. Is there a way to just view, not change, what has been reserved? When I went into Dine My Way and tried to view the reservation a message came up that it was a duplicate reservation, I did not continue. Now I don't know what's going on.

I can view my daily reservations using the 2nd DMW option:

2A11A08B-C52B-420A-AD63-79BB50E0D32D.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

Frankly I've gotten too used to "freestyle cruising" (thank you NCL) to want to go back to having to dine at a certain time. I like deciding rather spontaneously on when I want to dine, especially on port days. The notion that I should be worrying about dining on my Feb 2022 cruise is worrisome.

• Like 1