Princess Login Issues

beg3yrs

I was able to access my booking through the manage booking link, and checked the flights for my SIL since I booked mine, and passed her the rate via email.  She couldn't log in all weekend, and now when I check the rate it is $400 more.  Her account shows no cruises and she is elite...ugh.  This has now cost her several hundred dollars and she still can't access her bookings.  😖 

I can't log in either, but at least I haven't lost anything (and it hasn't cost me any extra money either...yet).

• Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 8:42 AM, beg3yrs said:

Just tried to log in to my Princess account and got a notification congratulating me that I can now use the same login for the website as well as the Medallion App.

Problem is that now my login doesn't work. I haven't yet used the Medallion App. Tried a password reset and was told the reset was successful but I still can't log in!

Anybody else have this problem?

Yes for 6 days now!

keep track of any password changes.

it is still a mess,

• Like 1

I’ve encountered Log In issues the past 72 hours. I could not log in on Saturday.  Then Sunday I logged using my OLD password after they asked me to register for a NEW password.  Today, Monday I could not access my Princess account – old or new password.  Princess said I could “not register” for a new password because my account is “not available”.  What???  Houston we have a problem!  What a mess.  I’m keeping a track of all my passwords (plus the day and time) used to access my account.  Out of curiosity I signed up for Specials promos with no trouble.  They will send promos to the address on my account.  So, I do have an account.  Well, I think I have an account or maybe not?  Again what a mess!  Please check access to your Princess account.  You may not be able to get in.  John

Wow.. It's like a circa 1999 web site upgrade 

Princess seems to be creating this pattern of rolling out tech upgrades way before they're ready to be rolled out.. Remember the roll out of the Medallion class ship upgrades in 2017, turns out that was at least a year too soon, Princess had to scramble to pacify all the customers promised Medallion cruises that were not delivered.

There's no reason Princess had to roll out these soft upgrades before they were ready, but yet here we are AGAIN 

dismayed .......

• Like 2

I just got off of online chat with someone from Princess.com.  He said that the site would be down until Thursday.  Don't understand why some of my friends can get in, AND I can't.  So frustrating.  He wanted me to change my password.  Not going to do that.  

Also...was having issues with Cruise Critic using Safari.  No problems on Chrome.  What's with all of these technical glitches???

I just tried to sign in. Ended up calling Princess and she said that this has been an issue for several days. she said that some people can sign in once after resetting password, but one time is all. She said that if the Medallion app is on my phone, that may work. They hope to get it resolved soon.

My Conspiracy Thought?

Princess does not want us to freak out with any changes to our bookings, like the move overs, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I finally got thru to Princess and talked to a customer service representative.  This is after 4 attempts with very long waits on the phone. 

I agree with comments made by crbtv1 and nini – the CSR indicated they have had "thousands" of calls about this problem.  They hope to have the system up and running by Thursday.  This should be interesting to see what happens Thursday.  Princess does not have a very good track record when comes to updating their computer systems.  If they are using a third party IT Company for the upgrade they should be fired.  John

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John99 said:

I finally got thru to Princess and talked to a customer service representative.  This is after 4 attempts with very long waits on the phone. 

I agree with comments made by crbtv1 and nini – the CSR indicated they have had "thousands" of calls about this problem.  They hope to have the system up and running by Thursday.  This should be interesting to see what happens Thursday.  Princess does not have a very good track record when comes to updating their computer systems.  If they are using a third party IT Company for the upgrade they should be fired.  John

IT by tbird party, Capgemini, since 2016.  Big French company with some 270,000 employees worldwide ... contracted by Carnival Corp to replace inhouse IT workers.

• Like 1

pms4104 -- thanks for the info on a third party -- French Company Capgemini -- handling IT work for Carnival. 

I performed a search on Cruise Critic and found a thread dated Dec 2016 about Carnival Corp. telling all IT employees that the company was transferring their work to Capgemini, a large IT outsourcing firm.  Most of the work will be performed in India. 

1 hour ago, pms4104 said:

IT by tbird party, Capgemini, since 2016.  Big French company with some 270,000 employees worldwide ... contracted by Carnival Corp to replace inhouse IT workers.

Doesn't mean much, but I worked on an IT project once with a CapGemini team and was not very impressed.  Overseas outsourcing was not a going concern at the time.

From my experience, the big accounting and IT houses always had the worst projects and the best were the boutique firms because they had to be better and also attracted the best talents. 

Making progress?  Now I can sign in.  No technical glitch notice.  But I get rerouted in circles.  Says to sign in so I can connect via Medallion App.  Not all shows up on App.  Not asking for a new password.  

Is this progress?  sigh

a) When IT work is done inhouse, it is usually done by people who understand the business.

b) When IT work is done inhouse, the people doing it usually have great interest in having it done correctly.

c) When IT is outsourced, it is often billed by the hour, not by the delivery of a specified package of programs. The more problems the software has, the more money the contractor is paid to correct its own problems.

I once met a government contractor. He told me that when he gets a request for a quote, he looks at the specifications and then rewrites them as he understands them to be. He then submits that to the government along with his bid and asks the government to verify his interpretation of the specs.

He knows that was was specified has no chance of ever functioning, so along with his written interpretation of the specs he submits a very low bid.

Usually his low bid will win. He then programs exactly what the specs called for. Having delivered what he was contracted to do, he gets paid. Of course it does not function as the specs were not written correctly. He then makes a fortune making the software work as his company is the only one who can fix it.

Another story. We once had a contractor who put a very inept programmer on the job. We told the contractor that we pay for their supposed expertise and expect them to put qualified personnel on the job. The response--- how little would we be willing to pay to allow the inept person to stay on the project? Our response -- put qualified people on the project.

Finally got into Princess but not without some difficulty! 😄  Changed my password last night, got in, couldn't get in this a.m.!  Just now tried my original password, success!   Acknowledge message was different so maybe they're making progress! 🙂