Live from the Majestic Princess at last! August 1 2021 to Alaska

pkt1976

26 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I can't find where this was asked:

Is there an ice bucket in the room? I want to buy / bring flowers on

There is, but I don't think flowers are allowed to be brought on board due to agricultural laws. You may want to call Princess before you buy them.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Tonight's dinner is the chef's favorites

I notice one of the Curtis Stone special mains made it on this menu - plus a dessert.  Has anyone noticed if the Sea Bass & Mussels dish or the Chicken Pot Pie dish also made an appearance?  Perhaps they are slowly building repertoire.

Amazing to the the CT and WMD back in action and everyone enjoying the special occasions.

2 hours ago, muffin said:

Question to mocktail people. I drink little alcohol…maybe wine at dinner, but I have the plus package for lots of great coffees and mocktail s. However, I find the drinks VERY sweet, and would rather eat my calories!  Do they h@ve any skinny syrups available for , say, diabetic cruisers,  or have you a asked 

I’m very sorry muffin but didn’t anyone ever tell you that calories do not count when you’re on a cruise?  😊😊😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Ohhhh they finally have the menus posted on the app!  Very nice!

This is actually not the app I do it the old school way so you're going to want to type in the following and then I make a shortcut to my phone's home screen just makes life easier.

majestic.princess.com

Just make sure you're hooked up to the ship's Wi-Fi technically you do not need an internet package to get this website to go as it's all through the intranet.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

My understanding is they are automatic deliveries.  No choices.  If this is the norm, I will call and decline with thanks.  We don't need the canapes before dinner.  Maybe if could choose...  I am with you on the strawberries - they would be a nice treat one evening.

You are correct they are automatic deliveries. But they're only delivered on the two formal nights that's it. The strawberries were delicious!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I notice one of the Curtis Stone special mains made it on this menu - plus a dessert.  Has anyone noticed if the Sea Bass & Mussels dish or the Chicken Pot Pie dish also made an appearance?  Perhaps they are slowly building repertoire.

Amazing to the the CT and WMD back in action and everyone enjoying the special occasions.

Only they have not. Good eye about Curtis Stone this is the only menu that seems to have any of his dishes available. And if you notice they have the delicious sea salt caramel custard dessert which is one of my favorites by Curtis Stone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

This is actually not the app I do it the old school way so you're going to want to type in the following and then I make a shortcut to my phone's home screen just makes life easier.

majestic.princess.com

Just make sure you're hooked up to the ship's Wi-Fi technically you do not need an internet package to get this website to go as it's all through the intranet.

That works and would get me to the logical display of events rather than the painful Journey View 🙂 .  But that way never brought up menus in the past.  I'm very happy to see them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

Thanks for sharing your favourite places in Ketchikan. You found one of my haunts. Tongass Trading 2nd floor - with everything one could imagine for outdoor living. Can't wait to get back to Alaska. Looking forward to hearing /seeing your WM pics later. ENjoy every moment, every mouthful.

I agree about Tongass Trading 2nd floor!  Our first cruise port in 2019 was Ketchikan.  We anticipated rain before we left—and I had packed one of my best rain jackets.  But that jacket just couldn’t keep up with the steady rain we had in Ketchikan.  A quick trip to Tongass, and I scored an Outdoor Research water proof rain jacket (NOT just water resistant) for a really decent price.  I stayed dry the rest of the cruise, despite having rain on many of our sea and land days.  It became my best Alaska “souvenir” ever!! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Did anyone notice how the salmon are running in Creek Street or the small river in Skagway? I usually sail early season mid May / early June too early to see salmon. I'm also a big fan of Tongass Trading upstairs, the small Hardware/general store in Skagway is also fun to explore

• Like 1

No!   I knew the calories fell out if cookies if you dunked them in milk, and that birthday cake never had calories  no matter what, but all my long life, and over many many cruises, I missed that amazing fact!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!  I will still try to get less syrup in my mocktail,  but be assured, I will not turn down a delicious dainty! Bring it on. 

I thought I put your quote in….see #605 above!  

Edited by muffin
Screwed up
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

Having read so many stories where folks no longer ask for the canapes due to getting stuff they described as "nasty" I'm surprised to be reading that folks here have requested the canapes. Now if one had a choice and could get the strawberries every time I would definitely be interested.

Posts have indicated that elites no longer have a request card to make a selection and what time delivery is preferred.

Instead Princess picks what everyone will have and delivers that option at a time Princess chooses.

Obviously less labor intensive for Princess this way, but a dilution of the benefit.

4 hours ago, trbarton said:

How soon prior to your cruise were you able on the app able to select your boarding time?

Thanks!

Tom😀

I'm going in two weeks. The people on my roll call started being able to select their boarding group 60 days before our cruise. I did not book the cruise until later than then. I had problems with the app. A phone rep helped me set up my boarding group. Initially she told me that nothing was available before 1:00. Then she got me into Group B, which starts at noon. That will work OK with my flight.

On 7/31/2021 at 10:17 AM, pkt1976 said:

Yay, thanks for posting your experiences too! Alaska is amazing, I really could go over and over I love it so much. Safe travels! I fly out this afternoon but just a nice short 2 hour flight. 

Hoping to hear from OP. How was your cruise?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, caribill said:

Posts have indicated that elites no longer have a request card to make a selection and what time delivery is preferred.

Instead Princess picks what everyone will have and delivers that option at a time Princess chooses.

Obviously less labor intensive for Princess this way, but a dilution of the benefit.

How can I opt out? (Vegetarian and don't want it in my room)

@AF-1chef Fabrizio takes great pride in the fact that everything on the plate is edible. So yes the shoes are are edible. That said they are made out of the same stuff the swans were for our CT last week. I ate some of it and not so tasty. 
@Thrakwhile I’m getting too old to eat like I used to at chef table the gentlemen on either side of me both licked (figuratively) their plates clean. My DH can eat his meal and the rest of mine so I’ll probably wait to do another CT with him. There isn’t as much waste as you might think. I used to be able to eat most if not all. I was caught by surprise by how much my eating ability changed these past 2 years. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 2