Test Facilities in Fort Lauderdale

lifeisrealygood

My wife and I are cruising on the Equinox, but not until early November.  When we cruise, we normally arrive in the embarkation city three or four days before cruising.  That puts us outside the 72 hour time frame to get the pre-cruise Covid test done in our city of residence.  We arrive in  Fort Lauderdale on Thursday for a cruise leaving on Sunday.  We are staying at the Embassy Suites (I know, old and run down) on 17th Street, which is close to the CVS three blocks away.  Can anyone shed some light on where we can go to get our pre-cruise Covid test done in Fort Lauderdale when we arrive on Thursday.  Are appointments necessary?  Thanks.  

3 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

Are you vaccinated? If so, why would you be tested?  On Equinox 7/25, we did not have to be tested as we were vaccinated.

New Rules.  Must arrive with test results done within 72 hrs of arrival at port embarkation

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Also you can be tested at FLL Airport  https://testing.nomihealth.com/easy_registration/34/onsite

image.png.66107b9279b5bf1ebaf7927183ca1852.png

Testing at the FLL airport is only for those flying in or out.  I don’t know the OP’s situation, but I just wanted to flag that for anyone reading this thread. 

From their website: “The testing service is open to consumers that can provide proof of travel plans to/from FLL on any airline.”

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Testing at the FLL airport is only for those flying in or out.  I don’t know the OP’s situation, but I just wanted to flag that for anyone reading this thread. 

From their website: “The testing service is open to consumers that can provide proof of travel plans to/from FLL on any airline.”

If you read the OP message they will arrive to "FLL airport" on Thursday and the cruise sails on Sunday. They are inside the 72 hrs required 

Edited by gerelmx

5 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

If you read the OP message they will arrive to "FLL airport" on Thursday and the cruise sails on Sunday. They are inside the 72 hrs required 

Apologies, but I see no mention of the airport in their post. 

In any event, as I said, since this thread may likely become a resource for others, it’s helpful to point out that the testing facility at the airport is limited to air travelers. 

• Like 1

The Fort Lauderdale tourism website has an entire section on Covid-19 updates including testing:

https://www.sunny.org/healthadvisory/

TESTING & VACCINATION

COVID-19 testing is available by appointment for travelers with scheduled flights at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. Tests at the airport require a fee. Find details here. Find information on other testing sites throughout Greater Fort Lauderdale here. 

In response to the latest rise in COVID-19 cases including the Delta Variant, tests are available at a variety of drive-through and walk-up testing sites for anyone of any age, including non-residents

40 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Do you know if these tests are covered by insurance?

7 hours ago, Threedrones said:

Do you know if these tests are covered by insurance?

As vacation travel is non-essential, and you are not showing symptoms, I wouldn't be expecting insurance coverage. But they will always be people who claim a cough...to get insurance coverage of their test.

It depends on your insurance. We currently are covered for testing because of concern after traveling although no symptoms and no known contact with infected folk.

Thanks to the link to FLL for passengers flying in or out!

Edited by twins_to_alaska

• 2 weeks later...

Use Lab Masters.  It's run by a concierge doctor, with the equipment on site so no waiting to send it to an outside lab.  You won't find better or faster.  It's not cheap but you will 100% get your results in time and be treated with dignity.  You show up at their office or they'll even come to your hotel.  Highly recommend.

https://www.labmastersmd.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1