Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

We didn’t receive a card but had a printout from the Travel Summary showing our included SD.

Inconsistent Princess.

We booked specialty dining on app which was charged to credit card,

Received specialty dining vouchers in stateroom,

At guest services requested refund and received onboard credit and printout of folio with credit.

All part of Medallion App Glitches😐

Edited by that

Trying to make reservation for first night in one of the MDR and keep getting an error.

Same thing happens when another member of the party attempts to make the reservation using their device and their account.😞

Has anyone else had this problem?

Edited by brisalta

3 hours ago, memoak said:

That has been my experience also but have read a few threads here where they say that CC was not open due to lack of staff

If we had Club Class and IF it was not offered for Embarkation Lunch period, I wouldn't sweat it as would not be expecting anything outside the menu and getting seated is not a big deal then.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

If we had Club Class and IF it was not offered for Embarkation Lunch period, I wouldn't sweat it as would not be expecting anything outside the menu and getting seated is not a big deal then.

Last cruise pre covid it was impossible to get into the one MDR that was open. Line forever

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

There is a MDR lunch on embarkation.  It is always been Deck 6 Mid-Ship in my experience and that is also where Club Class section is located.

Except on our Discovery cruise the boarding process was so long it was closed by the time we were on the ship.

39 minutes ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

Except on our Discovery cruise the boarding process was so long it was closed by the time we were on the ship.

Was that Los Angeles (San Pedro)?   What time did you arrive, and how long did it take to board Discovery?

Here’s a funny one just booked another cruise an earlier one than the one already booked. It let me book a table for 2 every day . Great or so I thought. Just looking through the individual days and the last two days aren’t booked at all , so for some reason the ‘ Reserve for same time each day’ has worked for 10 days but not the last 2. So I tried booking again and it let me book ‘ Reserve for same time every day’ for same time, same dining room as before, but when I look at the individual days it has again missed the last two days off. 

So Reserving for the same time every day hasn’t worked. It was only because I was looking at the port codes at the top of each day that I noticed.

Confused 

10 hours ago, mpk said:

Was that Los Angeles (San Pedro)?   What time did you arrive, and how long did it take to board Discovery?

It was the inaugural March 27th cruise from San Pedro.  We arrived about 10:30ish.  Check-in had lines, but not too bad and went smoothly, maybe 15 minutes.  Then we were directed to a waiting area to board shuttles to go to the actual dock, since check-in and boarding were at different piers.

This part was very chaotic with no one seeming to no where to go, or what to do.  We were finally directed to the area for platinum and elites and given numbers, but the wait was long and no numbers were called ever, over 4.

Finally things speeded up and the platinum/elite area (at least we had a place to sit; others didn't) were called.  ( The rep let anyone through, even if not in that area, which didn't bother me.) I think they called in more buses when they saw how slowly it was all going.  Once on the bus it was a quick ride to and on the ship.  We got there about 12:45, too late for dinner in the dining room.

BTW, we could see no way or attempt to board people by the groups they had signed up for, like group 1, 2 or 3.  My husband and I didn't have a group, because every time I tried to get one the app said they were all full.  While my sister, was able to get a group on the app, even though she tried later than we did.  Not that it mattered, once at port.

+

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, brisalta said:

Trying to make reservation for first night in one of the MDR and keep getting an error.

Same thing happens when another member of the party attempts to make the reservation using their device and their account.😞

Has anyone else had this problem?

We were able to use cabin TV most of the time but iPhone usually stuck on 'Loading'

5 hours ago, amajaa said:

Here’s a funny one just booked another cruise an earlier one than the one already booked. It let me book a table for 2 every day . Great or so I thought. Just looking through the individual days and the last two days aren’t booked at all , so for some reason the ‘ Reserve for same time each day’ has worked for 10 days but not the last 2. So I tried booking again and it let me book ‘ Reserve for same time every day’ for same time, same dining room as before, but when I look at the individual days it has again missed the last two days off. 

So Reserving for the same time every day hasn’t worked. It was only because I was looking at the port codes at the top of each day that I noticed.

Confused 

I am guessing you did some individual night bookings at some point.  Go through each night and delete all your bookings.  Once all nights are clear, do the full voyage booking again.

48 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I am guessing you did some individual night bookings at some point.  Go through each night and delete all your bookings.  Once all nights are clear, do the full voyage booking again.

No I didn’t I went straight in and did the whole cruise. It was a few days later I just happened to notice instead of the name of the ports there were codes like Airport codes for them so I was going through looking at the codes and noticed that the last 2 days were missing. I’ll give it a go though.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 9:45 AM, Tedferg said:

We were able to use cabin TV most of the time but iPhone usually stuck on 'Loading'

We also used the TV for DMW because the app didn’t work onboard but did pre-cruise. So something was wrong with the onboard system & a quick visit to the Ocean Navigators resulted in restoring DMW & JourneyView.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

We also used the TV for DMW because the app didn’t work onboard but did pre-cruise. So something was wrong with the onboard system & a quick visit to the Ocean Navigators resulted in restoring DMW & JourneyView.

Don't suppose you got any insight as to the problem and what the fix was?

13 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Don't suppose you got any insight as to the problem and what the fix was?

No…her stylus pen moved so fast on both of our iPhones & in about a minute for each phone both functions worked for the remainder of our cruises. 👍👍😊

• Haha 1

On 3/22/2022 at 12:49 PM, memoak said:

The amount of cabins that have club class dining is very small. We have had club class dining many times and have never waited more than a few minutes

So just to confirm as we will be in Club Class Dining in a little over a week, you do not have to make reservations as it is still Anytime Dining. Correct?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

No…her stylus pen moved so fast on both of our iPhones & in about a minute for each phone both functions worked for the remainder of our cruises. 👍👍😊

We had same problem and they fixed it. The problem is at top of page it showing “loading” which is the issue. To fix it you click on your picture at top left of screen and then scroll down to bottom and sign out.  Then click the box where your picture should be and resign in again.  Fixed the issue and we were able to use the DMW on the app with no issue 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

So just to confirm as we will be in Club Class Dining in a little over a week, you do not have to make reservations as it is still Anytime Dining. Correct?

No reservations needed for Club Class Dining. Just show up and ask to be seated. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Sorry if I missed this, but are any of the MDR open lately on embarkation day for lunch?

Yes.  Varies by sailing.  You can either check the paper patter on boarding or use the app to view menus.  The MDR open for luncheon will have a lunch menu listed.  It’s usually the MDR on 6 midships. 

• Thanks 1

Just noticed tonight that sometime earlier today, Princess opened up additional DR space on our October Regal bookings.  They have just had Concerto since DMW came live and just today added Allegro.  But the App is not cooperating with trying to book for full voyage.  Probably another bug when they have two DR's available.  What next?

ETA 1: Actually, I think it is the same-old-same-old buggy situation when having B2B bookings.

ETA 2:  Same for Island on October 31.  Bordeaux now added to Provence, so they opened up both/all DR's on this ship which only has two.  It is the most booked of our four voyages.  Never had a problem getting Private table for 4 on this voyage.  Keeping Provence.

Edited by Steelers36

15 hours ago, VibeGuy said:

Yes.  Varies by sailing.  You can either check the paper patter on boarding or use the app to view menus.  The MDR open for luncheon will have a lunch menu listed.  It’s usually the MDR on 6 midships. 

How soon before will that come up on the app, do you have to wait until you board? 

14 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Just noticed tonight that sometime earlier today, Princess opened up additional DR space on our October Regal bookings.  They have just had Concerto since DMW came live and just today added Allegro.  But the App is not cooperating with trying to book for full voyage.  Probably another bug when they have two DR's available.  What next?

ETA 1: Actually, I think it is the same-old-same-old buggy situation when having B2B bookings.

ETA 2:  Same for Island on October 31.  Bordeaux now added to Provence, so they opened up both/all DR's on this ship which only has two.  It is the most booked of our four voyages.  Never had a problem getting Private table for 4 on this voyage.  Keeping Provence.

My report on experiences and testing DMW after second DR added to DMW for Regal and Island in October.

ISLAND - single 14-night voyage booked

Both DR's show availability.  I tested re-booking for entire voyage and was offered Private table space for our party (2 + 2 travel companions).  I left things as they were. 

REGAL - three voyages B2B2B - 7+7+11 - booked

Existing reservation was full voyage but only had Private table (2+2) for first two legs and some of the nights on final leg.  The other nights on final leg were SPLIT table and I had tried numerous times to see if any Private space would be offered over past weeks.

DMW would not find any space for a Full Voyage booking.  This, despite added Allegro DR just yesterday which is wide open for all nights and times.

I next went through the 11 individual nights of the third leg and re-booked each night to same time in Allegro and got all Private tables (2+2 - a 4-top presumably).

After that, I again attempted MANY times to book for Full Voyage and DMW never found space.

I finally threw in the towel and went through the first 14 nights, individually, and re-booked from Concerto to Allegro at the same time (2+2 again) with no issues.  I might note that Concerto no longer showed Private space on first leg at our selected time, but did still offer Private on second leg.

So, at this point I have individual 25 night bookings for same time in Allegro - all for dining party of 4 at Private table.

With all that in alignment, I tried again to book for full voyage and ... nope.  DMW claims no space found.  Rinse & Repeat doesn't help either.

I do realize we have the best chance to get Same Table/Same Waiters in Allegro based on other live cruise reports, but it is our least favorite DR of the three.  I also realize that 25 individual night bookings most certainly do NOT mean Same Table.  So, if System is not fixed, I hope DR mgmt will fix us up as in the past.

My conclusion is there is a system bug - and it has been there for a while now.  It shouldn't have anything to do with multiple DR's since the ISLAND booking process works fine for Full Voyage.  I believe the bug is related to Multiple Linked Voyages.  They had a bug in this area before and it was addressed, but I think another change a while back, "re-opened" this bug.  It could also be a problem with Regal for all I know.  I know others have reported issues with attempting to make Full Voyage dining bookings recently, but IDK if they all have B2B's.  When I say recent, I mean in the past 6-8 weeks. 

I will be reaching out to the OCEAN team and see what response I get. 

ETA:  The only thing I did not try yet is to wipe the slate clean and delete all 25 nights and try to book Full Voyage with a clean slate.  Couldn't do that anymore when just had Concerto as all the Private space was gone and I had some of it.  With Allegro added, well, maybe there is a tiny chance it will work???

Edited by Steelers36

35 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

My report on experiences and testing DMW after second DR added to DMW for Regal and Island in October.

ISLAND - single 14-night voyage booked

Both DR's show availability.  I tested re-booking for entire voyage and was offered Private table space for our party (2 + 2 travel companions).  I left things as they were. 

REGAL - three voyages B2B2B - 7+7+11 - booked

Existing reservation was full voyage but only had Private table (2+2) for first two legs and some of the nights on final leg.  The other nights on final leg were SPLIT table and I had tried numerous times to see if any Private space would be offered over past weeks.

DMW would not find any space for a Full Voyage booking.  This, despite added Allegro DR just yesterday which is wide open for all nights and times.

I next went through the 11 individual nights of the third leg and re-booked each night to same time in Allegro and got all Private tables (2+2 - a 4-top presumably).

After that, I again attempted MANY times to book for Full Voyage and DMW never found space.

I finally threw in the towel and went through the first 14 nights, individually, and re-booked from Concerto to Allegro at the same time (2+2 again) with no issues.  I might note that Concerto no longer showed Private space on first leg at our selected time, but did still offer Private on second leg.

So, at this point I have individual 25 night bookings for same time in Allegro - all for dining party of 4 at Private table.

With all that in alignment, I tried again to book for full voyage and ... nope.  DMW claims no space found.  Rinse & Repeat doesn't help either.

I do realize we have the best chance to get Same Table/Same Waiters in Allegro based on other live cruise reports, but it is our least favorite DR of the three.  I also realize that 25 individual night bookings most certainly do NOT mean Same Table.  So, if System is not fixed, I hope DR mgmt will fix us up as in the past.

My conclusion is there is a system bug - and it has been there for a while now.  It shouldn't have anything to do with multiple DR's since the ISLAND booking process works fine for Full Voyage.  I believe the bug is related to Multiple Linked Voyages.  They had a bug in this area before and it was addressed, but I think another change a while back, "re-opened" this bug.  It could also be a problem with Regal for all I know.  I know others have reported issues with attempting to make Full Voyage dining bookings recently, but IDK if they all have B2B's.  When I say recent, I mean in the past 6-8 weeks. 

I will be reaching out to the OCEAN team and see what response I get. 

ETA:  The only thing I did not try yet is to wipe the slate clean and delete all 25 nights and try to book Full Voyage with a clean slate.  Couldn't do that anymore when just had Concerto as all the Private space was gone and I had some of it.  With Allegro added, well, maybe there is a tiny chance it will work???

I have the same issues for 3- B2B2B beginning in November.  Can't find anything in DMW.  Can someone tell me how to contact the OCEAN Team???

36 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

So, in the interest of full testing/debug analysis, I deleted all 25 nights out.  Again tried to re-book full voyage - both as me doing it and as my friend.  No-Go.

Sigh... now I have to setup each of the 25 nights individually again so I at least have something to wards the end goal.