Aqua Class - what are we missing?

Ken the cruiser

We are in our late 60s and have booked Aqua class cabins before and just booked another one on the Constellation in late December. We will also be in an Aqua cabin for 30 days on a B3B from Sydney back to Vancouver in 2023. The only reason we book Aqua class cabins is because we can eat in Blu when it’s too expensive to book a SS to eat in Luminae. What other “spa” benefits are we missing remembering we are in our late 60s? 😎 I know it sounds corny, but we’ve never been to a spa our entire lives and really don’t know what we’re missing.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

You are missing the saunas, steam rooms, and heated loungers BTW which can be quite relaxing...  Give it a try.

We have not dined in Blu yet but have booked the Persian Gardens for the duration of cruises.

Edited by NMTraveller

6 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

You are missing the saunas, steam rooms, and heated loungers BTW which can be quite relaxing...  Give it a try.

We have not dined in Blu yet but have booked the Persian Gardens for the duration of cruises.

If my DW and I decide to reserve a sauna or steam room, will we have it to ourselves or are they open for others to join us? Now, if we can reserve one just for us, that sounds pretty good. However, if the room remains open for others to join while we’re trying to relax, I’m not sure we’d be good with that. But that’s just us.

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If my DW and I decide to reserve a sauna or steam room, will we have it to ourselves or are they open for others to join us? Now, if we can reserve one just for us, that sounds pretty good. However, if the room remains open for others to join while we’re trying to relax, I’m not sure we’d be good with that. But that’s just us.

I don't recall you being able to reserve them.  They are open for others to join.

My experience has been on S class they were not that busy.  You might have them to yourself or one or two others.

On E Class they were overly busy.

Later at night on E and S class there was hardly anyone in the spa.  In fact no one on the evening we went.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We are in our late 60s and have booked Aqua class cabins before and just booked another one on the Constellation in late December. We will also be in an Aqua cabin for 30 days on a B3B from Sydney back to Vancouver in 2023. The only reason we book Aqua class cabins is because we can eat in Blu when it’s too expensive to book a SS to eat in Luminae. What other “spa” benefits are we missing remembering we are in our late 60s? 😎 I know it sounds corny, but we’ve never been to a spa our entire lives and really don’t know what we’re missing.

You are not missing much in terms of spa benefits on the Constellation.  Book  for room location and  to dine in Blu.

• Thanks 1

Personally I use the Persian gardens every day esp on Caribbean cruises.  Great way to get all the lotion and sweat off you.  Blu is a good benefit overall also.  After a long day in sun outside etc I alway love to relax for around an hour in the various sauna, steam or herbal.  The reflection has the cold room which I loved 

• Thanks 1

The Persian gardens is one of the benefits of AQ.   For us the M class area is like a dungeon.     Constellation is a M class.    The S class has nice lounge chairs that are covered with mosaic tiles.   Doesn’t sound comfortable but there are 

On the M class the cabins in AQ and  CC are larger than a regular veranda

You also get extra points in the Captains Club for what it is worth if you are chasing after credits 

if you use a future cruise booking you also get more on board credit 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅 

• Thanks 1

The reason we book Aqua Class is for the experience of the Blu Dining Room.  The food selection is different from what is served in the main dining room; although if you request, they will try to bring you a selection from the main dining room if a selection catches your eye.

On Celebrity we always book Aqua Class.  On Princess with do Club Class.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, stevenr597 said:

The reason we book Aqua Class is for the experience of the Blu Dining Room.  The food selection is different from what is served in the main dining room; although if you request, they will try to bring you a selection from the main dining room if a selection catches your eye.

On Celebrity we always book Aqua Class.  On Princess with do Club Class.

We are with you!  On our January Apex cruise we are sailing in Aqua Class.  We are leaving the Apex to join the Enchantment in Club Class.  We really enjoy the additional benefits that both Aqua and Club Class offer.  

• Like 1

The other advantage to Aqua is that all the rooms are two occupants only; therefore no children in Blu. There might be children from guest in suites, but rarely!

Makes the conservations at a pleasant level, and on S class there is a wall dividing the two rooms. Next Aqua cruise is in December on the Silhouette, Apex is in November, but the multiple dining venues are a must.

Hal

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2021 at 8:21 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

Open access but not usually crowded.

Bathing suit and flip flops are usual attire.  They have a supply of towels. You will be given a locker with key

PG on M class is interior so not as nice as on S class or EDGE..but the steam, sauna and showers are nice and the  heated bench. I  would not pay extra but if its included give it a try.

S class better.  If folks were snoring I,d ask the  attendant to move them along..there is a posted time limited..if busy.  Also see alot of snoring daytime nappers in the Solarium....  

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

So if Blu is the main draw for Aqua Class.  Why not just save the money and book the specialty restaurants every night instead of Aqua?

We try to schedule the show with eating in Blu.  We find that the dining in the Speciality Restaurants are much more drawn out, and often one would  have to give up the show.  In addition, way too much food in the Speciality Restaurants.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HS2BS said:

The other advantage to Aqua is that all the rooms are two occupants only; therefore no children in Blu. There might be children from guest in suites, but rarely!

Makes the conservations at a pleasant level, and on S class there is a wall dividing the two rooms. Next Aqua cruise is in December on the Silhouette, Apex is in November, but the multiple dining venues are a must.

Hal

This is not always true about children.   Some people book two AQ cabins that have children but as you noted about suites in Blu it is rare.  We were on one cruise and the couple had a baby.  The baby actually behaved better and was more quite than some of the loud obnoxious adults that had to make sure everyone in the dining room knew they were there and heard them.

All the wait staff  gave a lot of attention to the baby as I am sure they missed being with their own. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

On 9/10/2021 at 2:48 AM, miched said:

This is not always true about children.   Some people book two AQ cabins that have children but as you noted about suites in Blu it is rare.  We were on one cruise and the couple had a baby.  The baby actually behaved better and was more quite than some of the loud obnoxious adults that had to make sure everyone in the dining room knew they were there and heard them.

All the wait staff  gave a lot of attention to the baby as I am sure they missed being with their own. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Wow, good job we don't all look for the same thing on a cruise. 

We would never choose Aqua.

Cabins too high and too far forward. Deck 7 is our upper limit and fairly central. We will do the first backward facing balcony on the hump as we love the square balcony. 

Dining - we love to share a table at dinner - any time/select dining, table of 6 prebooked for 6.30 is perfect. Relaxed 2 hour meal then the theatre at 9.0 pm. We have enjoyed so many dinners with people from around the world many of whom we have stayed in contact with years after the cruise.

Breakfast is always Elite in Tuscan - atmosphere is great especially on longer voyages with lots of sea days  - we regularly do the transatlantics

8 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Wow, good job we don't all look for the same thing on a cruise. 

We would never choose Aqua.

Cabins too high and too far forward. Deck 7 is our upper limit and fairly central. We will do the first backward facing balcony on the hump as we love the square balcony. 

Dining - we love to share a table at dinner - any time/select dining, table of 6 prebooked for 6.30 is perfect. Relaxed 2 hour meal then the theatre at 9.0 pm. We have enjoyed so many dinners with people from around the world many of whom we have stayed in contact with years after the cruise.

Breakfast is always Elite in Tuscan - atmosphere is great especially on longer voyages with lots of sea days  - we regularly do the transatlantics

We tried it once on Summit a few years ago and we hated Blu and begged to be seated in the MDR.  They obliged and gave us a lovely table for two by the window.  The tables in Blu are so close together and zero privacy if you want it.  The service was not better and the food was okay.  Huge disappointment and we never booked Aqua Class again.  We book  a nice balcony cabin, dine in the MDR in traditional seating and add a couple of the specialty restaurants.  Also enjoy the Elite breakfast in Tuscan.  I realize that most folks love Blu.  Thank goodness there is something for everyone.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2021 at 7:08 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

We did Aqua once on the M class and our cabin was on the deck just below (9) the pool deck (10).  We were sometimes awaked by people moving deck chairs around the pool deck at 5:30am.

Just don't pick a cabin like that.

5 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

We did Aqua once on the M class and our cabin was on the deck just below (9) the pool deck (10).  We were sometimes awaked by people moving deck chairs around the pool deck at 5:30am.

Just don't pick a cabin like that.

Our X PVP mentioned the same issue regarding the cabin we initially chose when we booked an AQ on the Constellation the other day. He subsequently moved us a few cabins more forward to hopefully avoid the noise. 

43 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Our X PVP mentioned the same issue regarding the cabin we initially chose when we booked an AQ on the Constellation the other day. He subsequently moved us a few cabins more forward to hopefully avoid the noise. 

The 5 aft cabins on deck 11 have very big balconies but they go fast.  We enjoy 1140, 1138 or 1130.  The other two are just above the smoking area of the bar below so we don't choose them.  We also love Blu.  Plus there's the extra 2 points/day that you get in AQ class vs a regular balcony.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

The 5 aft cabins on deck 11 have very big balconies but they go fast.  We enjoy 1140, 1138 or 1130.  The other two are just above the smoking area of the bar below so we don't choose them.  We also love Blu.  Plus there's the extra 2 points/day that you get in AQ class vs a regular balcony.

I only book Aqua if I can get one of those 5 cabins. Otherwise I book a regular balcony and check every day to see if one of those cabins have become available.

Laura

When I first saw Celebrity introduce Aqua and Concierge Classes, I thought it was the best marketing idea I had ever seen. Take cabins that were less popular due to location, add on a little extra (carve out a piece of the MDR and call it Blu with a slightly different menu or add in an additional embarkation day lunch and someone assigned to help you make reservations) and voila you can charge more for the balcony cabins that were hard to sell! I know some people love them, but I do think the marketing was amazing!

43 minutes ago, sherylc said:

When I first saw Celebrity introduce Aqua and Concierge Classes, I thought it was the best marketing idea I had ever seen. Take cabins that were less popular due to location, add on a little extra (carve out a piece of the MDR and call it Blu with a slightly different menu or add in an additional embarkation day lunch and someone assigned to help you make reservations) and voila you can charge more for the balcony cabins that were hard to sell! I know some people love them, but I do think the marketing was amazing!

I agree not so much for Concierge but the inventor of Aqua should have got a very large bonus - turning cabins that were at best guarantees into premium was inspired.