ANY cruiseline offering ON SITE RAPID TEST

topaz123

NCL offers a test at embarkation. That is the only test that is required. However, if you test on your own 72 hours before the cruise (negative) and then test positive at the pier, they will pay for your quarantine expenses. If you don't pre-test and test positive at the pier you are on your own.

• Like 2

Took a peek at the NCL website.....ALL must be vaccinated....NO MASKS, and anti gen test at the pier? Also noted that the ports visited  COZUMEL, ST. Thomas, etc. are ones our Nov Carnival Cruise changed to Bahamas?   Say Wha??? I'm going to re-read this again, and do some more searching.....We Love Carnival, but this looks to me what Carnival should be.

23 hours ago, njhorseman said:

In addition to NCL,  Regent Seven Seas, Oceania and Crystal all do mandatory antigen testing at the pier prior to embarkation.

Silversea also does testing at the pier.

On 9/13/2021 at 10:48 AM, njhorseman said:

In addition to NCL,  Regent Seven Seas, Oceania and Crystal all do mandatory antigen testing at the pier prior to embarkation.

Viking Ocean & River also require a PCR test prior to embarkation.

31 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Viking Ocean & River also require a PCR test prior to embarkation.

Yes, I know. I didn't mention Viking because you had already mentioned their daily test in a previous post so  I assumed that comment was meant to include the pre embarkation test and didn't think it necessary to repeat the information.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Platinum Cruisers2 said:

For.many in the U S is a hard ship.

there is no reason the cruise lines can't test at the piers.

For a less time consuming boarding process, I would prefer people test before arriving at the pier. But if it is offered, I would hope that those that test before arrival are offered a more expedited check in process.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 7:41 AM, c-boy said:

? you can test before you get to the pier or after you get the pier, either way,  ya  gotta test.  

True! But the cruise lines could & should test at the piers.

Try & find a.place at a reasonable price in Fort Lauderdale.

We've been quoted prices for the Antigen test from $79 - $300., If you can get an appointment.

Princess & all the others should step up to the plate.

This has put alot of unnecessary stress on many cruisers.

1 hour ago, Platinum Cruisers2 said:

We've been quoted prices for the Antigen test from $79 - $300., If you can get an appointment.

Our preferred cruise line has an onboard PCR Lab, so tests everyone with a non-invasive saliva test prior to boarding and daily throughout the cruise. On the last day they provide a COVID test certificate.

No reason all cruise lines can't provide this level of service, if they really considered crew and pax safety their #1 priority.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Platinum Cruisers2 said:

Exactly point on.....mad scramble to book Walgreens/CVS, ...finally found one 60 miles away but mobbed by bookings....Found local Lab that would do qualified, rapid test....$ 145 per person...whew...surely the Cruise lines can step up and give a hand by on pier testing.

Spoke to rep at Miami Airport about rapid testing. Confirmed  it is walk in/ no appointment testing. website   rapidcovidtestmiami.com.......trying to get an idea what the type of rapid test we need, but looks like a great idea....get off plane, head to testing, pickup results....done.   Headed over to the other option for Miami Airport Testing... NOMI HEALTH.....the link goes to a registration sheet....only shows DEPARTURE AIRPORT (MIAMI) on the registration/online form?

Edited by topaz123
grammar

2 hours ago, Sea42 said:

For a less time consuming boarding process, I would prefer people test before arriving at the pier. But if it is offered, I would hope that those that test before arrival are offered a more expedited check in process.

I would prefer to know my status prior to boarding a flight or being denied at the pier. 

• Like 1