Is Concierge Class worth it?

Stockjock

Just booked a short cruise for 2022.  Grabbed an interesting Concierge Class cabin, which is not only larger, but has a teak floored balcony with a table, 2 loungers and 2 chairs and is maybe 2.5 times the size of a normal balcony (if not larger).

Was wondering about Concierge Class, which I haven't tried.  Other than the cabin itself, which is obviously larger, is there any benefit that you've found useful and that would, in and of itself, justify the higher cost?

8 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Just booked a short cruise for 2022.  Grabbed an interesting Concierge Class cabin, which is not only larger, but has a teak floored balcony with a table, 2 loungers and 2 chairs and is maybe 2.5 times the size of a normal balcony (if not larger).

Was wondering about Concierge Class, which I haven't tried.  Other than the cabin itself, which is obviously larger, is there any benefit that you've found useful and that would, in and of itself, justify the higher cost?

I usually book concierge if the price difference is right. I won’t pay the usually high price difference but when they come up at around $200 or $300 I go for it. We love having breakfast on the balcony and there are a lot more choices on the room service menu. The afternoon snack is nice with a glass of wine, if you don’t like what is provided ask for something different. We have also received some nice gifts that were left for us in our cabin that we still use today.

• Like 3

We have booked C1 class for the cabin. The other perks as mentioned by Cg52 are a nice to have but on their own I wouldn't bother. I think there is also priority boarding (if that's still a thing).
On M class ships and S class pre-revolution you can get a C1 Aft.  Aft facing cabins are our preferred cabin locations.  I have looked but I don't think this holds true regarding C1 post-revolution or on E class ships.  (I may be wrong on this last point and if so will get corrected.)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, hasentreelake said:

We have booked C1 class for the cabin. The other perks as mentioned by Cg52 are a nice to have but on their own I wouldn't bother. I think there is also priority boarding (if that's still a thing).
On M class ships and S class pre-revolution you can get a C1 Aft.  Aft facing cabins are our preferred cabin locations.  I have looked but I don't think this holds true regarding C1 post-revolution or on E class ships.  (I may be wrong on this last point and if so will get corrected.)

I thought about getting an aft facing cabin, but then I saw this thing which is shown as 6135 and 6136 on the deck plan. As you can see, it’s got a really large interesting balcony, which I thought might be worth a little bit extra.

FC606F10-2391-43F6-8C2F-8683C98C8491.webp

B5C2FDD9-B930-4A51-B71F-3F4C334D7A0A.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 9:44 PM, Cg52 said:

1) I usually book concierge if the price difference is right. I won’t pay the usually high price difference but when they come up at around $200 or $300 I go for it.

2) We love having breakfast on the balcony and there are a lot more choices on the room service menu.

Same here 😎

On 10/6/2021 at 3:21 PM, Stockjock said:

I thought about getting an aft facing cabin, but then I saw this thing which is shown as 6135 and 6136 on the deck plan. As you can see, it’s got a really large interesting balcony, which I thought might be worth a little bit extra.

I've heard those 2 cabins are larger because they are in the land of the suites. Very nice.

• Like 1

The question “ Is concierge worth it”

I guess that depends on what ship. Most of the Concierge on the Edge are identical to the IV rooms. The biggest difference for me at least was the higher floor. The only reason I went Concierge again on my next cruise on the Edge was that it was cheaper at the time than an IV room. 
Other than that, I only used the Concierge once, the lunch that was not held on Embarkation day was non eventful, and the daily canapés were nothing to rave about.

So for me, at least on an E class ship it is only worth it if price is right. 

Also, what ship is the picture from…would love that type of balcony.

Edited by kelib
  • Like 1

Those balconies are nice but if you have a choice for a deck 7 or 8 aft facing C1 instead they are better.  6135 does have a crew door across the hallway which can be a source of some noise.

The 2 you identified are also connecting cabins with the RS next door so will have the interior connecting door.   The other 2 C1's on deck 6 are a bit more desirable as they are not connecting.  I believe all 4 of them on deck 6 are a touch wider so there is a bit more space at the end of the bed.

• Like 1

We did a concierge class stateroom a few years ago on our 10 day Adriatic cruise, the main reason being is that we needed the room for three, which included our then 12 year old son.  Besides the slightly larger room and embarkation lunch I did not notice any significant difference between a regular balcony room and our concierge room.  I seriously doubt that I would book a concierge room again unless it was just a few dollars more then a balcony.  

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the one and only time that we booked Concierge, our cruise was cancelled. I booked it to reach Elite+.

I have booked almost the same itinerary for 2022, but Concierge pricing was off the wall. However, the 2B cabin I have booked was under the ‘Double Points’ offer, so I am still hopeful I will reach Elite+, but the perks now seem to be under welming.😱

• Like 2

7 hours ago, woneill63 said:

We did a concierge class stateroom a few years ago on our 10 day Adriatic cruise, the main reason being is that we needed the room for three, which included our then 12 year old son.  Besides the slightly larger room and embarkation lunch I did not notice any significant difference between a regular balcony room and our concierge room.  I seriously doubt that I would book a concierge room again unless it was just a few dollars more then a balcony.  

Had a C2 cabin twice on my last 2 cruises. Both times was able to upgrade from a regular balcony at no additional charge, otherwise I wouldn't bother. Canapés are terrible so only advantage is sparkling wine. I'm already an Elite member.

• Like 1

I always sail Concierge.   Yes, the canape's are meh.  The perks I enjoy: 

• Embarkation Day lunch in the MDR.  I know they have moved this to the first Sea Day, which is a disappointment to me. 
  • Welcome bottle of bubbly or vino.   We like asking our Steward for this perk to enjoy Sail Away from our balcony. 
  • Cabin location mid-ship.
  • Occasional special "Concierge-only" sailaways on the helipad or other special event. 
  • The Concierge-only lounge on Disembarkation Day.  It's a quiet place away from the crowds, with coffee, tea and pastries to send us off.  
  • Having other passengers ask why our Sea Pass cards are gold, lol!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I would book Concierge on S class (only class I have sailed on) when price was right in order to get to next class sooner.   Now that we are at Elite + there are too many points needed to next level but still would book when price was right.  My cruise in February, 2022 was less than veranda rooms when I booked.  Happens at times.  Otherwise I would not consider.  

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 3:21 PM, Stockjock said:

What ship was this?

The only attraction for us is the extra real estate and the cabin location.

The other so called 'benefits' are meaningless to us... mostly ego boosters and aspirational oriented.  Really.... a lunch in the MDR or a different color key card. 

Seems to us we can have lunch anywhere on the ship.  As long as our key card opens our door or gets us on and off the ship we could care less what it's marking designation is. 

The plonk is fine...perhaps a $40. benny at most???

Edited by iancal

M-class 6135/6 are the usual width but with much deeper, teak balconies.  6143/4 are almost a foot wider, with the same deep, teak balcony.  The extra width means you can walk by the foot of the bed and roll your luggage.  Also the bathroom and closet doors can be opened simultaneously.  Extra square footage and larger balconies are really nice on a TA.  It's usually a toss-up between an aft C1 on Deck 7 or 8 with the huge balconies and wake views, or one of the 4 C1s on Deck 6.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, kelib said:

The question “ Is concierge worth it”

I guess that depends on what ship. Most of the Concierge on the Edge are identical to the IV rooms. The biggest difference for me at least was the higher floor. The only reason I went Concierge again on my next cruise on the Edge was that it was cheaper at the time than an IV room. 
Other than that, I only used the Concierge once, the lunch that was not held on Embarkation day was non eventful, and the daily canapés were nothing to rave about.

So for me, at least on an E class ship it is only worth it if price is right. 

Also, what ship is the picture from…would love that type of balcony.

I believe all of the millennium class ships have the same room and set up.

16 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

M-class 6135/6 are the usual width but with much deeper, teak balconies.  6143/4 are almost a foot wider, with the same deep, teak balcony.  The extra width means you can walk by the foot of the bed and roll your luggage.  Also the bathroom and closet doors can be opened simultaneously.  Extra square footage and larger balconies are really nice on a TA.  It's usually a toss-up between an aft C1 on Deck 7 or 8 with the huge balconies and wake views, or one of the 4 C1s on Deck 6.

Unfortunately the larger C1s on deck six are sold out and all the aft cabins are also sold out.

33 minutes ago, jono mono said:

SIMPLE ANSWER IS NO !!

For you perhaps, but not for all of us.   I enjoy the C2 locations on the S-class ships.  And on the M-class ships, the cabin interiors are larger than in regular balcony cabins.  Most of the other benefits are not worth a great deal, but the embarkation day lunch is nice (I realize that's been shelved during the pandemic), as is getting to wait in a separate lounge on the ship on disembarkation morning.  Less frenetic.

• Like 1