Big Announcement IS a World Cruise departing from Miami

molly361

What I don't understand is how this is big news? This appeals to a tiny percentage of the typical cruisers. Less that 2500 people for a nine month cruise. Interesting and maybe a dream for some but hardly big news. 

Can you imagine how sick you would be of the seven day rotating menu you would be. LOL

Edited by Robo1098
Added comment
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

The included deluxe beverage package for 274 days would probably be the end of me 🤣

They have AA on stand by for disembarkation!!  😄 😄  

Hey...are you trying for 2023 cruise from your beautiful country?  If so...I hope to see you there.  🙂 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Robo1098 said:

What I don't understand is how this is big news? This appeals to a tiny percentage of the typical cruisers. Less that 2500 people for a nine month cruise. Interesting and maybe a dream for some but hardly big news. 

Can you imagine how sick you would be of the seven day rotating menu you would be. LOL

You don't have to do the entire cruise, it's broken up you can do 1 of the 4 legs they have.

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

They have AA on stand by for disembarkation!!  😄 😄  

Hey...are you trying for 2023 cruise from your beautiful country?  If so...I hope to see you there.  🙂 

we are booked on Ovation 5th (NZ) and 15th April (TP) - fingers crossed! 

• Like 2

How come when I play bingo onboard they never give away a free cruise like this to the winner. Probably the only way we would ever go on a cruise like that.

Wonder between now and then how many port stops will be changed or canceled. Amazing, they have locked up all these ports 2 years out.

When they aren't even sure what ports you are for sure going to on cruises in the next 3 months.

I hear people bitching and complaining all ready.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Only Wash N Fold Laundry.....which is something I'd only use for a few things. Regular laundry as an amenity would be a big plus. 

It would eat all of the elastic in my shorts. I just finished having much of the elastic in waistbands replaced from the "Wash N Fold" on previous cruises. :classic_biggrin: I still think they are doing a hot press on it. It lost all of the stretch. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Robo1098 said:

I have to agree with you. This is something that most people would not even bother dreaming about because it's so far removed from reality for them. 

Now, if Royal were to offer the option to book some much smaller segments, say 2, 3 or 4 weeks long, that would be far more innovative and open it up to a lot more people. 

• Like 4

My retirement is way down the line… but if it were closer, I’d jump on this. It sounds spectacular.

I’m so glad to see this cruise line getting into the World Cruise sector, and with the perfect class of ship.

Saving my pennies  and dreaming of a world cruise as a retirement gift. 😀

Edited by QueensChick
  • Like 4

Though the theory sounds great, in practice I couldn't be away from our grandchild, adult children and dog for that long. 

And what about the practicalities of medical and dental concerns on such a long voyage.

I think four weeks away would be about our limit.

• Like 3

Most of you all are missing the entire picture about this cruise.  The majority of those do not go the entire timeframe, but take a portion or two of the tour, but what's new these days with misinformation.  

Also on Twitter last night,  the person running Royal's Twitter account stated that the price for each leg of this World Tours would be released in December.

Edited by Plum Happy

12 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

we are booked on Ovation 5th (NZ) and 15th April (TP) - fingers crossed! 

Still hurting from the cancellation of early this year for both of us...but better safe than sick.  🙂  

Enjoy your cruise on Ovation!!  

• Like 1