The ODYSSEY and the ECSTASY Live Oct 23-31

h20skibum

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Many thanks to @Sea Dogfor the inspiration to do this with Google Earth.  I don’t want to steal his idea, but it looks like I may have. 🤫

I don't remember an IT lesson on this.  Was I asleep? 

Actually, I do remember you (Greg) talking about it but not the specifics.  Mark is a quick learner, me, not so much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Cool you got a flyover by the Goodyear Blimp.

GOODYEAR BLIMP.png

I haven't seen that in a very long time. Seems like the Edge is at a standstill unless it's a faulty cam? Edge is on the move again,

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sheal said:

I don't remember an IT lesson on this.  Was I asleep? 

Actually, I do remember you (Greg) talking about it but not the specifics.  Mark is a quick learner, me, not so much.

The way to do it is to do it through Google Earth Pro. There are lots of tutorials on Youtube on how to make an animated tour. 

I have mine done and ready to go but probably will not start the semi-live review till November 2nd.

Have fun.

Greg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

She's moving!

I see I'm not the only one who gets excited when the ships begin their Sail Away, Bonnie!

38 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Arzeena's ship The Edge is moving out!

More exciting to watch when we know someone who is sailing!😉

• Like 5

The Odyssey is such a beautiful ship!  We will be sailing on her in February, originally scheduled for  February 2011, but you know how that went.  We look forward to traveling with you on your cruise.  Have fun!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, derorim said:

The Odyssey is such a beautiful ship!  We will be sailing on her in February, originally scheduled for  February 2011, but you know how that went.  We look forward to traveling with you on your cruise.  Have fun!

Hope you meant 2021!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

More exciting when the horn blows!

For sure, especially when Princess blows the theme from The Love Boat. I wonder if they still do that.

Does anyone know what that yellow/red ball is at the aft of Odyssey?

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Virtual Reality bouncy house for grownups. :classic_biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5auomsHP-s

Thanks for the link.  Wow! What will they think of next? When the ship is full capacity, I can't imagine the line to get in.  I was afraid they would hit their heads on the top of the "bounce house" they jumped so high!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Can you take a few pictures of the Library and Radio Room please? 

Go to posts 64 and 76. These are of the library. I didn’t take any of the radio room. The picture of the red chair isn’t in the library but it’s outside of the Music Hall near the Crown & Compass on deck 4.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2785689-odyssey-of-the-seas-formerly-indy-oct-17th-2021/page/3/

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

Dinner at the MDR 

I am a creature of habit, and my first night meal when cruising is always. 

Escargot 

47930057-FF3A-4958-AA00-6310EEF3E700.thumb.jpeg.09ca34d418a74a4652be24a99694645a.jpeg

Medium rare prime rib

DABADA43-FA8F-4FAC-B2B2-08D38604C35B.thumb.jpeg.aa525c17a9ce65ce736e684b62198818.jpeg

And usually creme brûlée, but I opted for the Royal chocolate cake (only because I knew someone would want a bite)

097EB9B8-5083-4219-A577-1A4DEC146F7D.thumb.jpeg.8ae87f35be62a79b8b3175b1cb7bc065.jpeg

My dear wife had the same, except for her apple pie desert from the kid’s menu.  Good to know they have this every night. 

A2588BE6-3365-4A17-9EFA-6553031EF1B0.thumb.jpeg.581e272de9ea300af322470648b8de48.jpeg

Others have noted that it is difficult to hear and understand waiters and others with their masks on. We also found this to be the case. 

• Like 9

We went to Two70 for the high tech, robotic show after dinner. It was very impressive.  

This was just the cruise director’s intro. 

735AAF74-628D-4DE4-9333-F818E678C00F.thumb.jpeg.55cdc7e23563bfa7165b04117ea4d876.jpeg

I understand there will be a TV crew onboard later this week to film the new show they are releasing. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, derorim said:

13 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Hope you meant 2021!

It sure seems like it was ten years ago!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3