Cruise Plans Crushed for January

imola

3 hours ago, imola said:

So what was so hard to understand about that the Jr Suite issue and a rep that did not know squat ?  Sorry you feel the need to criticize rather than be helpful  

I explained I understood the jr suite issue which you obviously missed. Re-read your original post (and your reply to me).  It proves my point. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, imola said:

Lots of plans  that were in fact about getting points on this cruise and also  being told we were losing points on one we already had booked.   Very frustrating to have to deal with a RC rep who clearly doesn't know his product or job.  

Appears you’re just looking for a hug in all the wrong places….this is cc. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Well, since the advent of the new C&A drink vouchers my loyalty points are worth a little more than $1000 per week in drinks alone; not exactly worthless.

If using 15.00/drink for a D+ couple, that's probably true 🙂

48 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Well, since the advent of the new C&A drink vouchers my loyalty points are worth a little more than $1000 per week in drinks alone; not exactly worthless.

For a few, it was worth more than that pre pandemic.

1 hour ago, little britain said:

The 340 solo discount is their best benefit imho! 

I agree!!  I think it's around $200+ discount every cruise.

I've always thought the C&A program perks are a significant cost savings:  free laundry, drinks, internet, and the solo discount.

I have cruises booked next year that will bring me to 701 points, so I'd be pretty upset if they took the extra points away, too, for the JS cabins I have booked on several of the cruises.

13 hours ago, imola said:

He informed that since it was not a Grand Suite that we would no longer be getting the standard double points.  After I questioned that he "checked again" and found that he was wrong but no apology.

I'm still trying to understand how your "plans are crushed." He was wrong. He told you he was wrong. So the JS does get the extra point. So why are you not booking?

All I'm taking from this post is you got a new CS rep...they didn't have the right information...found out they were wrong...and you're mad that you didn't get an apology.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, imola said:

We were going to book the Navigator of Seas for January but not now.   Just called the C & A Desk.  They said that even as a Diamond member we would have to book a Grand Suite to get double points.  It has always been a Jr Suite in the past. He said this is the new rule for Royal Caribbean.  Anyone else heard this? 

Also passed the eligible  time for the extra double points that would make us D+.  We would have already been D+ if RC had not already canceled three cruises this year.   

Also told me IF we cancel the cruise we have booked for April 2022 we would get a "cruise certificate" that would have to be rescheduled for a new cruise by April 20, 2022.  Is that the same as a FCC? 

He was very snippy and arrogant with me.  I was trying to make sure I understood what he was telling me and he kept saying, "as I have already told you".  When he told me that our cruise  in April was no longer getting double points because we are not in a Grand Suite but we would get the promo of double points I questioned him.  Good thing as once he actually checked he was wrong and we are getting both.  He never even apologized for getting it wrong.  

Very frustrating for me.  Bummed with RC changes that add up to  no cruise in January. 

Thank you everyone for listening.  

Not sure what was crushed. I've read this three times so far and all I get out of it is that you wanted to book a JS on Navigator for January; you confirmed that you would in fact receive the standard extra point per night that all JS get; that you pulled the trigger to book after the 9/30 deadline for the "Double Points" promotion; that if you decided to cancel your April cruise (which I presume is still before the final payment date), you would only get a FCC for whatever you have paid so far (in other words the standard terms that have been in existence since RCL went to a NRD policy years ago); that if you kept your April cruise (which appears as though you booked it prior to the 9/30 deadline) would give you the double points promotion, and that the rep you talked with appeared clueless.

What in all of this was crushing?

• Like 2

Just a general comment: CSR’s are people. Sometimes they are having a bad day no matter how well trained they are. And sometimes they are just bad at their job. When you realize things aren’t going well, politely end the call as quick as possible, then call back and (hopefully) get somebody better. 

ok, let me get this straight. you canceled a cruise because it wouldnt give you double points?

Can someone explain double points to me? What is the benefit? I have only sailed in inside and oceanview rooms. Mostly handicapped for mom so the thought of suites is beyond me. I would rather cruise more than cruise big. the room is for sleeping and changing. Oh, and naps😁