Rotterdam Christmas, Dec 22, 2021 - Jan 2, 2022

richwmn

For the past few days I have been trying to decide if I should start a Rotterdam Christmas thread, or just post comments in the Daily. Well, I think it is better to have a separate thread, so here it is.

I arrived in Fort Lauderdale 12/20 after an interesting day. I had purchased the monitored version of the Binax Covid test and planned to use it before leaving for the airport. I started the process by downloading the app, then started the process on my phone. I got thru the first phase only to find that my phone failed the test for some reason. Luckily I have a tablet that passed and I was able to use it. A short time later I had my negative test so I was good to go.

After a short ride (relatively) to the airport I had a long wait for the flight. A nice lunch at an airport restaurant helped and the games on my tablet also helped. The flight to Fort Lauderdale was uneventful and I got to the hotel without a problem.

Today has been very relaxing and I have made arrangements to check out at noon. My check-in time is 12:40 so that works out about right.

When I board Rotterdam tomorrow it will be 1 day short of 25 months since I departed Noordam in Auckland NZ after a great cruise that departed Vancouver 40 days prior. Like many others, I have had quite a few cruises canceled over the past 2 years.

Although I am starting this thread, I welcome anyone on the cruise to add their comments and pictures.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, richwmn said:

For the past few days I have been trying to decide if I should start a Rotterdam Christmas thread, or just post comments in the Daily. Well, I think it is better to have a separate thread, so here it is.

I arrived in Fort Lauderdale 12/20 after an interesting day. I had purchased the monitored version of the Binax Covid test and planned to use it before leaving for the airport. I started the process by downloading the app, then started the process on my phone. I got thru the first phase only to find that my phone failed the test for some reason. Luckily I have a tablet that passed and I was able to use it. A short time later I had my negative test so I was good to go.

After a short ride (relatively) to the airport I had a long wait for the flight. A nice lunch at an airport restaurant helped and the games on my tablet also helped. The flight to Fort Lauderdale was uneventful and I got to the hotel without a problem.

Today has been very relaxing and I have made arrangements to check out at noon. My check-in time is 12:40 so that works out about right.

When I board Rotterdam tomorrow it will be 1 day short of 25 months since I departed Noordam in Auckland NZ after a great cruise that departed Vancouver 40 days prior. Like many others, I have had quite a few cruises canceled over the past 2 years.

Although I am starting this thread, I welcome anyone on the cruise to add their comments and pictures.

Following along Rich.

Wishing you a wonderful cruise and a Happy Christmas on board.

Graham.

• Like 5

Hello Ruch,

Will be on the same cruise and can’t wait and did the home test yesterday before our flight to FLL and will be able to use those results for tomorrows ship boarding. Today was a little relax and shopping day here and we’ve got the 1:00PM checkin time.

Thanks
Sea Ya

Eric 

• Like 7

Hi Rich,

Have been here on Rotterdam since Dec 12th. Will be here til Jan 16th.

Had dinner in MDR tonight. Returned the lobster. Chef came out and agreed the lobster was too far cooked and will take it down to 2nd level kitchen personally.

We are having a whopper of a storm right now, sitting in Crow's Nest after dinner. The lightning and thunder are actually quite beautiful up here. The rain sounds like a warm blanket wrapped around the ship.

Christmas music has started playing in between other music venues. The gingerbread village and train are up and running. Walls of fresh orchids decorate Tamarind, Dutch Cafe, Front Desk.. Beautiful! 

Looking forward to seeing you and fellow Daily-ites tomorrow in Ocean Bar.

PS.. You do know all our Daily-ites will be visiting both posts, right? It will be like the "Daily-ites at Sea on Rotterdam Inaugural Voyage"

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Rich and all, I'm really looking forward to hearing your stories from the Rotterdam.  I had decided that I didn't want to ever cruise on the Pinnacle class ships....too dam big I thought.....BUT, I just booked a veranda cabin on the Rotterdam for next November because of the unique Caribbean itinerary.  Now I'm excited to hear all things Rotterdam!  Thank you for sharing with us and Merry Christmas everyone!

~Nancy

• Like 6