On Harmony and it is getting weird!

orville99

12 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Much as I crave 

As much as I crave Park Cafe’s Beef on Weck, it is farther down on my list than a 2 to 4 pound shedder from Casco Bay. 

Would you take egg salad over the delicious roast beef sandwich.😊

By the way, is it true that the larger the lobster the tougher the meat.

Some years ago, we had the opportunity to have whole lobsters on the MDR menu after we left Bar Harbor.  This was in addition to lobster night.

One early morning, on our initial NE/Canada itinerary, as we are sailing into Portland Maine, from my BC I saw things bobbing up and down on the water.  As we got near the port they increased in volume.  Initially, I thought they were scientific in nature.  Later realized they were (scientific) lobster traps. 😁 😁

Edited by nelblu

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Anyone staying up tonight to see how many transfers? I hope you folks have a better export/inport ratio than Allure had this morning. If Allure keeps that up soon a lot more than the Windjammer will be self serve.

The weather has really calmed down now.  We were docked up last night around 10 pm until just before 5 am, with Vision being the go to quarantine ship.   Pulled out to let Freedom come in just before sunrise. 

Rhapsody has changed from hanging out around St. Maarten, to anchored off outside of Coco Cay here.  Vision is now trucking out and away on the horizon.  

We will be in port with Freedom for the day.  

Interesting to see a large NCL ship making a port of call next door.   Have not seen them for awhile.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, torpeedo said:

LOVE the NE Canada Cruises and call those cruises the search for the best lobster cruises!!!   We go every year// of course we've missed the Covid years, but we think those cruises are the very best  and can't wait for the 2023 cruises to open!!  

And is the reason we do "land trips" to Maine in the summer.  Tired of having our cruises cancelled.  😉 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

The weather has really calmed down now.  We were docked up last night around 10 pm until just before 5 am, with Vision being the go to quarantine ship.   Pulled out to let Freedom come in just before sunrise. 

Rhapsody has changed from hanging out around St. Maarten, to anchored off outside of Coco Cay here.  Vision is now trucking out and away on the horizon.  

Interesting to see a large NCL ship making a port of call next door.   Have not seen them for awhile.  

On Allure now and we did a crew swap early yesterday morning in Coco cay and we did another one last night night. I don't know how many we gained or lost on the one last night though as I was asleep. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

I thought it was strange to see at least 4 ncl tenders before sunrise. 

722409206_Nor20220115_064712.thumb.jpg.e4ba3fa3719229e9e8d3766346c9774b.jpg

Rhapsody 

Rap20220115_065619.thumb.jpg.b89c0e195282852f39aaa3ab943b6580.jpg

Sunrise

SR20220115_065915.thumb.jpg.1c68e17cc2a0cf6e0d78e5242ba47c6a.jpg

Dsr20220115_071230.thumb.jpg.357dbba9764e2d34e7f919aeda6d0c7c.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I kept hearing about the stir fry in the WJ so I looked for it on my cruise. I thought it was something they cooked individually for you, but all we had was a daily stir fry in the WJ. It varied by day. It was ok but nothing special. They had eggs Benedict and salmon and stuff over in a separate section for breakfast. Looked good but I dont think I want salmon for breakfast but they had it in the WJ for us. Never tried anything from that section. 

The good stir fry is  individually cooked right in front of you while you wait. You pick out the veggies and meats you want in it. Probably don't do it because it draws quite a line and is probably hard to form a social distance line.

Some the the ships it's located at the back of the Windjammer, so some people don't even know it is there, because they always just pick up food on the sides and then try to find a table as quick as possible.

• Like 2

Brief report from LOTS Jan 9 departure. Approximately 1100 on board. Food and service has been spotty. Crew offloaded onto Brilliance at two of three ports. A lot of shows canceled. Not a 'normal' cruise by any means. We're still having a good time. A more detailed report to follow when we're home.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

They going to let you off to enjoy  CC?

We're packing and getting ready to head down to PC.  Hoping all enjoy the rest of the cruise.  But do save a lobster or 2 for me.

We will be getting off shortly

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Same here. Maybe they will pick up some others by Sunday. 

I know services will be cut but I draw the line at cooking and cleaning. I can clean our cabin, but I’ll rebel if I have to do anymore than that. 😁  Mike and I will be holding the fort down for when you get on. Good news is we passed our covid tests today. 🍹 💃🏼 We just need to avoid getting it this coming week (and any other time if it’s possible).

Now that I have finally made up my mind to go, I'm actually starting to feel excited.🙂

• Like 11

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Found all the loungers20220115_063309.thumb.jpg.ee0d5b094c44cfb7043d8bdf5b185c64.jpg

I'm glad there are a couple of cameras there to watch the space.  An over zealous chair hog may take one early in the morning to put by the pool.... and then put his belongings on it to mark his space for when he shows up at 4pm.

• Haha 5