On Harmony and it is getting weird!

orville99

One thing not too good, and actually pretty bad.   Sitting here on a quiet day, the smoke stacks are billowing out some pretty heavy fumes, which are not being carried away or going up bound.  Nasty toxic stuff is settling right back downwards.  

Central park had a thick smoke haze in it this afternoon, as it was trapped in that "canyon", and smelled like someone was burning tires.  

Was close to the same thing on most of the open decks as well.  

This is where masks are good idea...but just not enough!  😮 🤢

4 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

It's a great feeling, OB!  We are headed out now for our Covid test and then be on our way down to L.A. from there for our Navigator sailing Monday.  Yipeee!

Hope you have a fantastic cruise!

Very jealous of you!!  We still have 28 days to go until we get on Odyssey. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bucfan2 said:

Our neighbors would wonder what that is.  This is more our neighborhood speed -

sell ski2.jpg

I think that might work well on the down hills, but don't think it would be much good on the up hills.

Good Luck to the Buc's tomorrow, Go Eagles !!

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I'd like to try Andrew's rig.

Snowblower😉

Little bit of an over kill for my driveway. I'll stick with what I have. 🙂

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

One thing not too good, and actually pretty bad.   Sitting here on a quiet day, the smoke stacks are billowing out some pretty heavy fumes, which are not being carried away or going up bound.  Nasty toxic stuff is settling right back downwards.  

Central park had a thick smoke haze in it this afternoon, as it was trapped in that "canyon", and smelled like someone was burning tires.  

Was close to the same thing on most of the open decks as well.  

Now that stinks. Sorry, I couldn't resist. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  Yes, did notice the weather turning bad by tomorrow there.  We have rain jackets, but probably won't use them.  We are parked in the garage, with cover all the way up there.  Luckily not stuck out in the open overflow lot this time.  😮 

We did our usual, walk the perimeter of the pax allowed area on the island, pick up a couple of "Coco Locos" at South Beach, continuing down the beach to Chill Island for "You want flies with that" picnic lunch.  Back on the ship now, nice conversation with John in the SL while we enjoyed a wine/beer..and now back to cabin.  

Drats...we have to pack tonight.  😞 

Luckily, apparently  all the flies had  been eaten by the time we went to lunch at about 1:15!   I haven’t seen flies in a while. My timing must be right. Actually, pre Coco Cay renovation, there were lots of flies at the buffet. . I haven’t seen any since the renovations, years ago. 

Your  experiences these past 2 weeks seem to be so different from mine, I often wondered  if were are on the same cruises. 

I hope you enjoyed yourself, and have safe travels home and best wishes for future cruises

m

43 minutes ago, island lady said:

From here I noticed the smoke on both ships.  With Freedom lower I wonder if some of that smoke you are experiencing is from Freedom. 

The idea of having to wear mask in the restrooms have been good to me!

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Luckily, apparently  all the flies had  been eaten by the time we went to lunch at about 1:15!   I haven’t seen flies in a while. My timing must be right. Actually, pre Coco Cay renovation, there were lots of flies at the buffet. . I haven’t seen any since the renovations, years ago. 

Your  experiences these past 2 weeks seem to be so different from mine, I often wondered  if were are on the same cruises. 

I hope you enjoyed yourself, and have safe travels home and best wishes for future cruises

m

It was a joke.  Something we have been using since RCI first started coming in with tenders in use.  You know...McDonald's drive up...they ask "You want fries with that".  And at that time...indeed there were a lots of flies.  

No, we are the same ship...just live in different worlds.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Anyone on this thread that have any info how the kids clubs have been running on Harmony this week?  Limitations, booking availability?  Mukber of hours allowed.  Distancing requirements and activities they have been allowed to do?

Does anyone know the approximate kids numbers on board right now?  Any info AT ALL woukd be super helpful as there just isnt much right now about how the kids clubs have been operating.