On Harmony and it is getting weird!

orville99

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Tomorrow morning here in Virginia, going to be 24 degrees and the snow will start at 7am and continue for the next 18 hours straight. Calling for 10 to 15 inches of light powdery snow.

Can't wait, love the snow so pretty on the mountains around us.

Lived in Shenandoah County  VA between 2 mountain ranges. Beautiful area. Lived right off I-81. Problem was I had to commute 75 miles each way to Fairfax. Wish I was retired and did not need to commute back then. Spent many hours going to work in the snow and trying to get back home. Many nights I got a hotel as going back to home was not possible.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Apparently, it is now a count down to next cruise.

Lol. It's a Jack-of-all-trade thread.  All we need now is a list of cruise directors & which ship they are on.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

It was a joke.  Something we have been using since RCI first started coming in with tenders in use.  You know...McDonald's drive up...they ask "You want fries with that".  And at that time...indeed there were a lots of flies.  

No, we are the same ship...just live in different worlds.  😉 

Sorry, I didn’t realize it was a joke. Quite frankly, we think the food  on Coco Cay  is greatly improved since the old days.

We’ve  had an incredible two weeks on the cruise and hope you have as well.  

The entertainment we went to (of course, there wasn’t much of it), was enjoyable. We also found the food to be delicious regardless of where we dined.   Staff went over and above to make the cruise pleasurable.  

Every cruise is different, but to us, every cruise has been fantastic.   Counting down for the next back to back in February. 

Best Wishes

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

If you like roller  coasters, check out Cedar Point near Sandusky Ohio.

When my son finally reached 54”, we took a coaster tour.  Great Adventure New Jersey, Dollywood in Pittsburgh, Cedar Point & Hershey.  25+ roller coasters in 6 days.  Could NEVER do that now.🤢

Edited by poocher
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

If you like roller  coasters, check out Cedar Point near Sandusky Ohio.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Love them.

8 minutes ago, poocher said:

When my son finally reached 54”, we took a coaster tour.  Great Adventure New Jersey, Dollywood in Pittsburgh, Cedar Point & Hershey.  25+ roller coasters in 6 days.  Could NEVER do that now.🤢

I have been a roller coaster fanatic for years.  Only recently, as I'm aging, have I started to have some trouble with them.  I have been on coasters from one end of the country to the other.  From Dollywood in TN and Silverdollar  city in MO to Silverwood ID there is no comparison to Magic Mountain in SoCal...  They have the best and most coasters of any park that I have been too.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I have been a roller coaster fanatic for years.  Only recently, as I'm aging, have I started to have some trouble with them.  I have been on coasters from one end of the country to the other.  From Dollywood in TN and Silverdollar  city in MO to Silverwood ID there is no comparison to Magic Mountain in SoCal...  They have the best and most coasters of any park that I have been too.

Coaster is the screename I chose here over 20 years ago.  Love them.. but parks here in FL are overpriced. Cedar Point in OH has great prices and the coasters cant be beat!

• Like 2

Ive had a season pass for Six Flags parks since we have lived in CA.  If I only go twice a year it still pays for itself.  I'm driving distance to two different parks.  Discovery Kingdom in the Bay Area is about 2 1/2 hours away and Magic Mountain is about 3 1/2 hours away.  If I want a change of pace I can hit up Knotts  Berry Farm in 4 hours.  They will often have off season midweek prices that  make it really affordable.  I'm just finding I'm starting slow down some and coasters are =having a bigger effect on me than they used to.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, coaster said:

Coaster is the screename I chose here over 20 years ago.  Love them.. but parks here in FL are overpriced. Cedar Point in OH has great prices and the coasters cant be beat!

And King's Island is also great.  I live 30 minutes away and have season passes - $110 and that also includes the water park and free parking.  Why would I ever go to Orlando just for those types of amusement parks?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

Sitting in Hampton Inn just waiting for you guys to get back so I can get on🤪

Fingers crossed ( behind back) for St Thomas and no short stop at CC before.

Safe journeys home and no quarantine to all 

Here is your entertainment 

20220115_172020.thumb.jpg.60767cc33b007e36674043f58e34f202.jpg

Still no Grease, and Aqua Show Light

20220115_172037.thumb.jpg.d1c574515281575f396c0bd82a15cb83.jpg

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

Ive had a season pass for Six Flags parks since we have lived in CA.  If I only go twice a year it still pays for itself.  I'm driving distance to two different parks.  Discovery Kingdom in the Bay Area is about 2 1/2 hours away and Magic Mountain is about 3 1/2 hours away.  If I want a change of pace I can hit up Knotts  Berry Farm in 4 hours.  They will often have off season midweek prices that  make it really affordable.  I'm just finding I'm starting slow down some and coasters are =having a bigger effect on me than they used to.

I know what you mean - I love all rides, but some of them are starting to bother me also.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

I have had an annual pass to all nine of the Busch Gardens parks since 2004.  It is the pass that allows me to stay on roller coasters for a second ride without getting back in line.  But as I am aging, that twice in a row has gotten to be too much.  The price is grandfathered, so at $12.68 a month for admission, parking, 20% off food, and six free guest tickets a year, there is no way I will ever give it up, roller coasters or not.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mek said:

And King's Island is also great.  I live 30 minutes away and have season passes - $110 and that also includes the water park and free parking.  Why would I ever go to Orlando just for those types of amusement parks?

IMHO you can’t compare any of the parks you, me and others have mentioned to the Orlando theme parks.  I am a self professed Disney AND Universal nut and they are a totally different experience.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, mek said:

King's Island also. The Beast can't be beat. Worked at King's Dominion as a teenager, so I get it. FL parks are way overpriced. Busch Gardens Williamsburg will always be my favorite park over all the others though. Europe theme and coasters built into hilly areas. Not like coasters here in FL on flat surfaces.

Parks here in FL are way overpriced. Rather drive many hours to other parks outside of Orlando.  Dollywood  park also. Great food and rides at reasonable prices.

Edited by coaster
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rimmit said:

Anyone on this thread that have any info how the kids clubs have been running on Harmony this week?  Limitations, booking availability?  Mukber of hours allowed.  Distancing requirements and activities they have been allowed to do?

Does anyone know the approximate kids numbers on board right now?  Any info AT ALL woukd be super helpful as there just isnt much right now about how the kids clubs have been operating.

320 or so this week. About the same next week

• Like 1

Finally took my bag out and began packing for the journey next Saturday to Fort Lauderdale and sail Allure.  Looking forward to wonderful 8 nights of warmth and sun, as it's a balmy 19 degrees here.

With all of the gloom and doom on some threads, I never thought that it was going to happen.  

Still have my fingers and legs crossed.🤞

• Like 4