On Harmony and it is getting weird!

orville99

17 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

How does soy sauce kill one's thyroid? Are you thinking of iodine or uranium?

The isoflavones in soy have been shown to interfere with thyroid function and can cause goiter, hypothyroidism and hashimoto’s disease, which kills the thyroid. If you are on medication for any of these conditions, soy blocks the medication from working properly.

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I remember pics like this posted but don't remember why.  I would of tried to get a better pic but the lady kept blowing here whistle at me!

R20220115_104246.thumb.jpg.28787c77da31e4f90e15c1794e496d50.jpg

Greg,  thanks for the idea.

I like the sound of the whistle almost as much as the ship's horn.☺

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I remember pics like this posted but don't remember why.  I would of tried to get a better pic but the lady kept blowing here whistle at me!

@Sea Dog would like that picture. My wife quickly walks away and acts like she doesn't know me when I've got the so called friendly reminder to step back. 😇

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Laura turned machine on at around 7:20

Then Mario taught her how to use steamer a little later.

Our coffee guy was MIA. Hope he's not sick

Oh no...the coffee guy (the two times we have used him the past) in the DL was great.  Indeed hope he is OK as well.  😮 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TYinPalmSprings said:

Good News!!! If you choose to get off, enjoy your day on the island.

It will be a bit chilly here in Florida when you return tomorrow, as there is a cold front heading this way., so you may want to keep that in mind when you are setting out your clothes for disembarkation tomorrow. 

Thanks!  Yes, did notice the weather turning bad by tomorrow there.  We have rain jackets, but probably won't use them.  We are parked in the garage, with cover all the way up there.  Luckily not stuck out in the open overflow lot this time.  😮 

We did our usual, walk the perimeter of the pax allowed area on the island, pick up a couple of "Coco Locos" at South Beach, continuing down the beach to Chill Island for "You want flies with that" picnic lunch.  Back on the ship now, nice conversation with John in the SL while we enjoyed a wine/beer..and now back to cabin.  

Drats...we have to pack tonight.  😞 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Looks like we were getting more crew at 10 am.  Pic port side.20220115_103405.thumb.jpg.4682137d2e04691b0db3ef3d949986f0.jpg

Yeah, that has been going on all day.  Kind of a "behind the scenes" transfer, since it is life boat/tenders only, and direct from ship to ship on the port (kind of hidden) side.  

First couple of them were crew members packed in one life boat, and luggage packed to the ceiling in the other one.  

We are port side with a good view of it.  Just walked out there to look again, guess they finished up, no more in sight.  

Gosh it is nice out there...have shade on the balcony, nice breeze...cool and dry.    .I think it's time for another wine and put my feet up!  🙂  Bucky is up on Suite's deck in the sun to read (AKA sun lizard).  🦎

• Like 2

Just went down the tall slides.  Before the first time down the guy had me step on the scales then said I was good to go..... I asked, what does that mean.   He said, you are under 300 pounds!  OK, I met a few of you and understand that I have been eating even when I am not hungry but were any of you guessing 300+?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Just went down the tall slides.  Before the first time down the guy had me step on the scales then said I was good to go..... I asked, what does that mean.   He said, you are under 300 pounds!  OK, I met a few of you and understand that I have been eating even when I am not hungry but were any of you guessing 300+?  

It's like we senior citizens buying wine and being asked for our ID.  😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I wish the deck chairs would be spaced like that all the time, not just during covid.

And not one chair hog towel in sight! 😄 

Actually Solarium is like a ghost town as well, just walked through there.  Such a pretty place, but sad to see the cafe shut down all week.  😞