ARRIVCAN Question

loving goldens

2 hours ago, jhenry1 said:

If we just have a connecting flight in Toronto do we need to do the Arrive Canada forms? We will not leave the airport for our connecting flight.

Passengers in transit to a foreign destination who remain within the secure area of the terminal to make their connecting flight don't need to make an ArriveCAN submission. In your case, IIRC, you are flying Air Canada from Texas and connecting to an Air Canada flight to Greece.  

Yes we are flying from Texas to Toronto with Air Canada and changing planes in Toronto and flying from there to Athens on Air Canada. We will not be leaving the terminal. So we do not have to fill out info for Arrivecanada is that correct?

Just now, jhenry1 said:

Yes we are flying from Texas to Toronto with Air Canada and changing planes in Toronto and flying from there to Athens on Air Canada. We will not be leaving the terminal. So we do not have to fill out info for Arrivecanada is that correct?

Correct! 

I need help with this. John was seen by medical centre as we arrived in Whittier yesterday. We were taken to hospital in Anchorage where we will stay until at least Monday. When I filled our an submitted Arrivcan, we expected to disembark in Vancouver on May 25. Now we will arrive in Toronto from Anchorage on May 23 or 24. What do I do 

From the ArriveCAN website:

If your travel details change before you enter Canada

If you need to edit your information and have an ArriveCAN receipt, you need to start over and create a new submission. ArriveCAN will clear your previous information.

I'm sorry to hear that John has been hospitalized. I hope that it isn't serious and that he will recover quickly.

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 1

Thanks so much, Fouremco.Glad to hear it is so easy. I will set everything up again- passports and covid proof tomorrow and finish and submit when we get new flight details. John is receiving O2 because of congestive heart failure so lots of testing to determine if he is fit to fly. They have already told us not before Monday. So I have some time left to fill in and submit. John is doing really well and hospital and staff are incredible.

9 hours ago, gubby said:

Thanks so much, Fouremco.Glad to hear it is so easy. I will set everything up again- passports and covid proof tomorrow and finish and submit when we get new flight details. John is receiving O2 because of congestive heart failure so lots of testing to determine if he is fit to fly. They have already told us not before Monday. So I have some time left to fill in and submit. John is doing really well and hospital and staff are incredible.

I am so very sorry to hear of your husband’s illness.  That must have been very scary for you both.  Very relieved to hear he is improving and you are being well taken care of.  I wish you all the best.

11 hours ago, gubby said:

Sending healing thoughts to your gubby hubby. 🙂 It must have been worrisome for John to have to be hospitalized. I'm glad to hear that he is doing somewhat better and hope that you both can return home in a timely manner.

12 hours ago, gubby said:

At the end of our last cruise pre-pandemic, my DW was hospitalized in Amsterdam, so I can appreciate the difficult time you are experiencing. I think that I can speak for all of us here on the Canadian Cruisers board when I say that our thoughts and prayers are there for both you and John.

On a technical note, I think you'll find that you'll just need to start over with the trip information. ArriveCAN should retain your passport, vaccination and similar biodata.

• Like 3

I restarted Arrive Canada and my passport and vaccine info WAS retained. Now we need fit to fly note, which means John is much better, and flight info. Thanks for all the positive thoughts 

• Like 6

Heading to cruise on the Koningsdam on Saturday. I was on the ArriveCAN app which I had filled out a few weeks back. Today, I was able to click the embarkation date and time, fill out the health survey information, submit and received the QR code at 96 hours (not the 72 as stated on the government website). I’ll delete it and do it again tomorrow to make sure it is in the proper timeframe, but thought it strange that the app allowed me to submit it early. Unless I’m misunderstanding the government requirements. 

9 hours ago, latebuyer said:

Do you put nexus into arrive can if you have nexus or do you use your passport to set up?

As it allows you to enter either one, it probably makes no difference if you have both. DW and I entered our Nexus information.

19 hours ago, latebuyer said:

Do you put nexus into arrive can if you have nexus or do you use your passport to set up?

I actually have 2 profiles set up, one with my Nexus card and one with my passport. When I drive across, I use the Nexus. When I return from my trip to Africa, I will use the one with the passport.

13 hours ago, gnome12 said:

I actually have 2 profiles set up, one with my Nexus card and one with my passport. When I drive across, I use the Nexus. When I return from my trip to Africa, I will use the one with the passport.

As you can enter Canada using the NEXUS self-serve kiosks, regardless of where you are flying in from, I'm curious as to why you would switch to your passport for your return from Africa..

3 hours ago, Fouremco said:

As you can enter Canada using the NEXUS self-serve kiosks, regardless of where you are flying in from, I'm curious as to why you would switch to your passport for your return from Africa..

The last time I entered by plane was in November 2019 and I’m pretty sure I had to put the passport into the Nexus kiosk, so I assumed that was still true. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

The last time I entered by plane was in November 2019 and I’m pretty sure I had to put the passport into the Nexus kiosk, so I assumed that was still true. 

It doesn’t matter whether you use your passport or your NEXUS ID for the app as they’re linked.  (FWIW, I’ve only ever used NEXUS.)  Having said that, however, YYZ now has the eGates so you’ll scan your NEXUS card and then be prompted to scan your passport for facial recognition verification as it will be your first time using the gate.  Here is a pic of the new eGates:

6007D444-82A6-45B8-BE5A-8F6A0C6D3B4C.thumb.jpeg.c8b748ce4d36ea6080673920e895f877.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

It doesn’t matter whether you use your passport or your NEXUS ID for the app as they’re linked.  (FWIW, I’ve only ever used NEXUS.)  Having said that, however, YYZ now has the eGates so you’ll scan your NEXUS card and then be prompted to scan your passport for facial recognition verification as it will be your first time using the gate.  Here is a pic of the new eGates:

6007D444-82A6-45B8-BE5A-8F6A0C6D3B4C.thumb.jpeg.c8b748ce4d36ea6080673920e895f877.jpeg

I know that they are linked, but it just seemed to make sense to use the profile that went with what I was using on arrival. I had read about the eGates, but have not yet seen them. I'll have to do that when I return from my first out-of-Canada flight.

• Like 1

FYI I just arrived back from our cruise out of Cape Liberty, crossed back via land at the Peace Bridge.  Signage as you approach reminding you that you need to fill out the ArriveCAN.  Not one single question asked about it or anything Covid related. It took me about 3 minutes to fill out the info via the APP, mind you we've traveled many times since it became a necessity so all our info is stored in it.  On the crossing into the US (again at the Peace Bridge) not one single mention of anything Covid related either.  

4 hours ago, edrussell said:

FYI I just arrived back from our cruise out of Cape Liberty, crossed back via land at the Peace Bridge.  Signage as you approach reminding you that you need to fill out the ArriveCAN.  Not one single question asked about it or anything Covid related. It took me about 3 minutes to fill out the info via the APP, mind you we've traveled many times since it became a necessity so all our info is stored in it.

If you have filled out ArriveCAN, when you give the CBSA agent your passport (or flash your Nexus card) they have all the ArriveCAN information available to them, so they don't need to question you about it.

1 hour ago, gnome12 said:

If you have filled out ArriveCAN, when you give the CBSA agent your passport (or flash your Nexus card) they have all the ArriveCAN information available to them, so they don't need to question you about it.

I knew that, however on other trips they have still mentioned it or even asked about it.  

I'm flying early tomorrow to Seattle, taking HAL's shuttle on 6/1 to sail from Vancouver.  Trying to fill out my ArriveCan.

I think this was addressed earlier but I can't find it now and I need to finish packing and get all my documents sorted.  Just did my last eMed test (because I discovered I couldn't get a rapid test done anywhere today because it's a holiday here!).  I was going to take that with me to test the morning of disembarking because I'm flying home from Vancouver.  And I was exposed to Covid a week ago Thursday; used up all my non-proctored tests.  Thankfully, all are negative.

Anyway, what address do I put in the "Destination in Canada" section?  Do they want the pier address for HAL Zuiderdam?

Thanks!!