ARRIVCAN Question

loving goldens

12 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

Thank you. I’m so nervous about all this, I’ll probably look like I’m guilty of something.  But I have to get used to it if I ever want to leave Canada and get back in again! 😊

If you haven't already done so, try doing a dummy entry. Input actual data such as your passport and vaccination information, as the app will retain it for any future submissions. For the trip information, input the details for your shopping trip, but enter a date just a couple of days from when you try this trial run. Once you have input all the information, you needn't take the last step of actually submitting it. I think you'll find it quite easy, but if you do run into problems, you can come back here for help. Much better to try it now, knowing that you have lots of time before your trip to resolve any issues.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fouremco said:

If you haven't already done so, try doing a dummy entry. Input actual data such as your passport and vaccination information, as the app will retain it for any future submissions. For the trip information, input the details for your shopping trip, but enter a date just a couple of days from when you try this trial run. Once you have input all the information, you needn't take the last step of actually submitting it. I think you'll find it quite easy, but if you do run into problems, you can come back here for help. Much better to try it now, knowing that you have lots of time before your trip to resolve any issues.

I’ll have to try that..and now that I’m vaxxed to the maxxed , that new information will have to be entered too.  I’ll let you know how it goes, especially if it doesn’t go well..🤣

Just now, ladysail2 said:

I’ll have to try that..and now that I’m vaxxed to the maxxed , that new information will have to be entered too.  I’ll let you know how it goes, especially if it doesn’t go well..🤣

👍

Just a FYI. We showed our QR code at Seattle before our plane boarded as they would not allow anyone to board without showing it. Never showed it at the Vancouver airport but there was a VERY LONG line to pass by the selection point for pulling people out for random testing. Stay right as that is the pass by lane. The only folks getting pulled on our day seemed to be younger gen folks. 🤔

1 hour ago, ladysail2 said:

Actually, I thought that too, but since you only need 2 doses, there is no need to update. 

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

👍

1 hour ago, gnome12 said:

Actually, I thought that too, but since you only need 2 doses, there is no need to update. 

Okay, I took the brave step and went back into ArriveCan…..it wasn’t difficult at all…just like you said!!  But, I saw the it said that my passport was registered…true….and that my vaccinations are registered….but they’re not completely registered, only the first 3 shots.  So, for entry into Canada, only two shots are required as Gnome12 says?  If so, then all I have to do is correct the entry date and place of entry (I don’t know where we’ll re-enter Canada) and review the last few questions on the day we come back?  
Do I submit the information from the US? If so, I will have to ask what bridge of entry the driver is using.  How many hours are we given for submitting before getting to the border?  What happens if the driver changes his mind and uses a different entry point..after I’ve submitted the information?  Or is that not an important aspect of this?

I don’t go until August..I should have this down pat by then …hopefully 🤞

11 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

Okay, I took the brave step and went back into ArriveCan…..it wasn’t difficult at all…just like you said!!  But, I saw the it said that my passport was registered…true….and that my vaccinations are registered….but they’re not completely registered, only the first 3 shots.  So, for entry into Canada, only two shots are required as Gnome12 says?  If so, then all I have to do is correct the entry date and place of entry (I don’t know where we’ll re-enter Canada) and review the last few questions on the day we come back?  
Do I submit the information from the US? If so, I will have to ask what bridge of entry the driver is using.  How many hours are we given for submitting before getting to the border?  What happens if the driver changes his mind and uses a different entry point..after I’ve submitted the information?  Or is that not an important aspect of this?

I don’t go until August..I should have this down pat by then …hopefully 🤞

If this is a regular shopping run, the company should be able to tell you what bridge the driver will take. In this case, you could finalize your information and make your submission from home within 72 hours or your scheduled entry. On the other hand, if it's a decision left to the driver when shopping is finished and you start back towards Ottawa, ask the driver and then finalize your information before submitting. You'll get your receipt in plenty of time.

If the driver makes a change in port of entry after you have already made your submission, just enter the revised information and resubmit:

If you need to edit your information and have an ArriveCAN receipt, you need to start over and create a new submission. ArriveCAN will clear your previous information.

https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/services/arrivecan.html#change 

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

If this is a regular shopping run, the company should be able to tell you what bridge the driver will take. In this case, you could finalize your information and make your submission from home within 72 hours or your scheduled entry. On the other hand, if it's a decision left to the driver when shopping is finished and you start back towards Ottawa, ask the driver and then finalize your information before submitting. You'll get your receipt in plenty of time.

If the driver makes a change in port of entry after you have already made your submission, just enter the revised information and resubmit:

If you need to edit your information and have an ArriveCAN receipt, you need to start over and create a new submission. ArriveCAN will clear your previous information.

https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/services/arrivecan.html#change 

Okay, thank you!  We’re going to Watertown, so the driver could come up near Kingston or go to Ogdensburg…more than likely he’ll go through near Kingston, but in case of an accident or other hold-up, he could continue further East.  It doesn’t seem difficult to make the revision.  I think I can do this!

Good news this morning about testing going into the US…..👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

Good news this morning about testing going into the US…..👍

Note that it wouldn't have affected you; you are crossing by land. It was only inforce for people flying into the US.

1 hour ago, gnome12 said:

Note that it wouldn't have affected you; you are crossing by land. It was only inforce for people flying into the US.

For sure. Most of my cruises require flying into the US and this new policy will be welcomed.

Well, after all my planning and interfacing with many wonderful people on this board, my Vancouver plans have changed.  Originally, I was entering Canada by land border crossing and then embarking on a loop Alaska cruise (Vancouver to Vancouver, 14-days).  NOW, we have an opportunity to travel into Vancouver via plane, overnight at a hotel and then embark on the ship for our 14-day loop cruise.

I know I need to fill out an ArriveCAN for my flight into Vancouver. And, I also know that I need to fill out an additional ArriveCAN (probably from my hotel) for my embarkation onto the ship.  What I am not sure of is am I putting the embarkation date on the form or the date I return back to Vancouver.  I know that I have tried the patience of some of you good people --- I promise that come tomorrow, it will all be over and I will be on my merry way.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

17 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Well, after all my planning and interfacing with many wonderful people on this board, my Vancouver plans have changed.  Originally, I was entering Canada by land border crossing and then embarking on a loop Alaska cruise (Vancouver to Vancouver, 14-days).  NOW, we have an opportunity to travel into Vancouver via plane, overnight at a hotel and then embark on the ship for our 14-day loop cruise.

I know I need to fill out an ArriveCAN for my flight into Vancouver. And, I also know that I need to fill out an additional ArriveCAN (probably from my hotel) for my embarkation onto the ship.  What I am not sure of is am I putting the embarkation date on the form or the date I return back to Vancouver.  I know that I have tried the patience of some of you good people --- I promise that come tomorrow, it will all be over and I will be on my merry way.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

LOL. Nothing like a change in plans, eh?

For the second submission, you will use Vancouver as your Port of Entry and your disembarkation date as your date of arrival. Although your entry will be a couple of weeks away, that is the date you will be entering that they are looking for, not the day that you start your cruise.

I'll be back tomorrow if you have any follow up questions! 😇

5 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

LOL. Nothing like a change in plans, eh?

For the second submission, you will use Vancouver as your Port of Entry and your disembarkation date as your date of arrival. Although your entry will be a couple of weeks away, that is the date you will be entering that they are looking for, not the day that you start your cruise.

I'll be back tomorrow if you have any follow up questions! 😇

Today's plans sent my head spinning -- at least I was able to rearrange everything without too much of a hassle.  Sooooooooooo looking forward to this cruise so my husband and I can finally just sit back, relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery.  Many thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

FYI: over the past 2 months we have "entered" Canada on cruises in Vancouver (lots of back-to-backs).  On the last cruise, embarking June 8,  HAL asked to see that we had done ArriveCan (a HAL officer checked the date on our receipt before we boarded).

On arrival back to Vancouver from Alaska each cruise, we had to go through USA Customs (In Transit).  No Canadian authority wanted to see the ArriveCan receipt.  On disembarking from the ship  in Vancouver, we handed in our Canadian Custom form and that was it, no interest at all in the ArriveCan receipt

Edited by SilvertoGold

10 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

FYI: over the past 2 months we have "entered" Canada on cruises in Vancouver (lots of back-to-backs).  On the last cruise, embarking June 8,  HAL asked to see that we had done ArriveCan (a HAL officer checked the date on our receipt before we boarded).

On arrival back to Vancouver from Alaska each cruise, we had to go through USA Customs (In Transit).  No Canadian authority wanted to see the ArriveCan receipt.  On disembarking from the ship  in Vancouver, we handed in our Canadian Custom form and that was it, no interest at all in the ArriveCan receipt

CBSA is provided a passenger manifest by the cruiseline, that lists the passport details for each passenger. As your ArriveCAN app and any receipts issued to you are linked to your passports, they don't need to ask to see your receipt. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

CBSA is provided a passenger manifest by the cruiseline, that lists the passport details for each passenger. As your ArriveCAN app and any receipts issued to you are linked to your passports, they don't need to ask to see your receipt. 

This makes sense.  I wonder if some slip through the cracks?  We talked to two couples on one back-to-back: they didn't do ArriveCan until disembarking after the second cruise.  So, for their first arrival in Vancouver they didn't have any ArriveCan info to link to their passports.

1 hour ago, SilvertoGold said:

This makes sense.  I wonder if some slip through the cracks?  We talked to two couples on one back-to-back: they didn't do ArriveCan until disembarking after the second cruise.  So, for their first arrival in Vancouver they didn't have any ArriveCan info to link to their passports.

I'm not sure how they got away with that, but you're probably right to wonder if some slip through the cracks. Were the couples in question Canadian or American? If the latter, then there would have been an ArriveCAN record from when they entered Canada prior to the cruise. If they were Canadian, then I guess that they slipped through the cracks.

43 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I'm not sure how they got away with that, but you're probably right to wonder if some slip through the cracks. Were the couples in question Canadian or American? If the latter, then there would have been an ArriveCAN record from when they entered Canada prior to the cruise. If they were Canadian, then I guess that they slipped through the cracks.

Canadians

2 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

Canadians

Shhhhhh. Don't say it out loud. Otherwise the rest of the world will find out we aren't as nice as we fooled them into believing. 😁🤣 😁🤣  😁🤣 

Help!  Currently ending the land portion of our cruise tour, we board the ship this afternoon and end next Sunday in Vancouver. We are not staying in Vancouver, just transiting from the ship to the airport to fly home to Ohio.  I cannot figure out how to get past the question about the address where you will be staying for 14 days after arrival. It won’t let me add an aAmerican address, it won’t let me add the airport address and it won’t let me proceed any further. What am I missing?  This is driving me crazy and I’m running out of time!  TIA for any assistance you can provide. 

1 hour ago, GrandmaOhio said:

Help!  Currently ending the land portion of our cruise tour, we board the ship this afternoon and end next Sunday in Vancouver. We are not staying in Vancouver, just transiting from the ship to the airport to fly home to Ohio.  I cannot figure out how to get past the question about the address where you will be staying for 14 days after arrival. It won’t let me add an aAmerican address, it won’t let me add the airport address and it won’t let me proceed any further. What am I missing?  This is driving me crazy and I’m running out of time!  TIA for any assistance you can provide. 

Same reply as on HAL thread:

Use the cruise port address. Choose "Other" as your Destination Type, then "Vancouver Cruise Port" as Destination Description. Then for the address: 999 Canada Pl, Vancouver, BC V6C 3E1

• Like 1

On a round trip cruise out of Vancouver to Alaska:  after the Alaska ports the ship has a day long port call in Prince Rupert (BC) and then disembarks in Vancouver two days later. For Arrivecan which port would you put in for entry into Canada/arrival?

Thanks!

33 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

On a round trip cruise out of Vancouver to Alaska:  after the Alaska ports the ship has a day long port call in Prince Rupert (BC) and then disembarks in Vancouver two days later. For Arrivecan which port would you put in for entry into Canada/arrival?

Thanks!

Oh wow.  Prince Rupert!  Nice itinerary.  Prince Rupert is your first port of entry into Canada so that’s the port you enter into ArriveCAN.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Same reply as on HAL thread:

Use the cruise port address. Choose "Other" as your Destination Type, then "Vancouver Cruise Port" as Destination Description. Then for the address: 999 Canada Pl, Vancouver, BC V6C 3E1

What about if we have Victoria before Vancouver? 

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, hellopuppies said:

What about if we have Victoria before Vancouver? 

Thanks.

Doesn't change the quarantine location. The cruise line is responsible for making the arrangements, so that is where authorities can find you.