Grand Northern Europe Voyage - Lisbon to Stockholm - May 6, 2022 to June 28, 2022

mysty

Thanks kind folks!   Step 1 has been successfully completed.  Myster and I both tested negative on the Rapid Antigen test this morning preparatory to entering Portugal.  One of the macramé knots has been untied.  😁

• Like 11

Thanks JP!  Things have been frantic!  We are exhausted!  Cab arrived on time.   Pleasant drive.   Check in took about 35 minutes from cab drop to Maple Leaf Lounge.   Flight from YOW to YYZ  went beautifully .  AC810 was scheduled to leave on time.   It departed 45 minutes late.   Masks were required constantly except for eating and drinking.  Lie flat beds were good.  Sleeping wearing a mask is NOT!  Flight finally got a gangway attached at noon local time in Lisbon.  Passport Control was a zoo!  2.5 hours walking the maze with millions of folks (not all wearing masks).  The Silversea car picked us up at the airport at 3:00 pm.  When we arrived at the hotel I handled the luggage and Bill went to find the Concierge because it was already 3:30 pm our COVID test appointment.   We got tested before we even checked in.  Both negative!  We're going to sleep like the dead tonight.   That's all for now.  

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

OMG!  2-1/2 hours in a line.  I’m definitely not ready for that yet.

I would have said, "Do you know who I am?" So it would have taken  me 5 hours!

Get a good night's sleep mysty and myster and enjoy all the excitement of boarding and your first day tomorrow.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mysty said:

Things have been frantic! 

It's okay you can use my name in vain 😅.

I'm glad your tests came back negative and you can now relax before your cruise. I'm sorry about your flight issues and immigration issues, though it does bring back some memories of travel pre-Covid.

One time in LHR we were in a lane for business class immigration, two people checking whereas the economy class had about 6 people to check them and went at least three times at fast. Friends waiting to pick us up were very kind and waited the 3 hours it took to pick us up. To be honest one immigration officer  in our check in took forever and grilled every passenger, very pedantic.

Thankfully that was rare.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

OMG!  2-1/2 hours in a line.  I’m definitely not ready for that yet.

Evidently you didn’t read what I said about going through Lisbon pp control.

Get a wheel chair!

• Like 1

Did a TA on the Spirit from Lisbon this past November and wouldn't want to repeat the experience of flying into the airport again!  Would definitely look into flying in elsewhere a few days early.

Anyone have any experience with other airports in the area?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zqtchas said:

Evidently you didn’t read what I said about going through Lisbon pp control.

Get a wheel chair!

Don’t know why you say that. I read and responded to you.  

I just made a simple comment that I wouldn’t want to deal with a cue like that.  Not worth it to me. And, as such, I don’t.  Simple as that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

Don’t know why you say that. I read and responded to you.  

I just made a simple comment that I wouldn’t want to deal with a cue like that.  Not worth it to me. And, as such, I don’t.  Simple as that.

Forgot to put the 😊there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are now safely aboard.   Dinner pre-cruise at the Four Seasons Hotel Ritz was lovely.  I think there are about 60 of us doing the whole Northern Europe Voyage.  Pictures to follow.  Group transport to the ship left the hotel around 3:00 pm.  Check-in went smoothly for us.  We had the papers certifying our negative COVID tests from the day before.   Apparently there was some confusion about the requirement for the test 24 hours prior to embarkation.   Many passengers attempting to board without it were sent for testing.  We were comfortably ensconced in our suite by 4:45 pm.  Dinner at the Grill was excellent!  It was a glorious homecoming!

• Like 13

43 minutes ago, mysty said:

We are now safely aboard.   Dinner pre-cruise at the Four Seasons Hotel Ritz was lovely.  I think there are about 60 of us doing the whole Northern Europe Voyage.  Pictures to follow.  Group transport to the ship left the hotel around 3:00 pm.  Check-in went smoothly for us.  We had the papers certifying our negative COVID tests from the day before.   Apparently there was some confusion about the requirement for the test 24 hours prior to embarkation.   Many passengers attempting to board without it were sent for testing.  We were comfortably ensconced in our suite by 4:45 pm.  Dinner at the Grill was excellent!  It was a glorious homecoming!

Glad to hear you are safely onboard. Enjoy it all.

• Like 1

menu.thumb.jpeg.7599c14241c43573e6d87ef9e08ce7bf.jpeg

Menu from the pre-cruise dinner at the Four Seasons Hotel Ritz.  And posting pictures from my Samsung tablet is a chore.  Windows doesn't work very well either.

Edited by mysty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We made a contribution to the Crew Welfare Fund this morning.  Within an hour we received a letter from Captain Zanello and Human Resource Manager Christiane Foldenyi expressing appreciation on behalf of Officers, Staff and Crew for our donation.   We have made contributions on previous cruises with Silversea and this is the first time there has been written acknowledgement.  It was a very nice touch!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

When you have time could you let us know who the HD, CD and assistant CD are please.

I'll see what I can do!  🙂

2 hours ago, scseas said:

Enjoy the trip. Would be very grateful to have menus for SALT bar and restaurant. 

No promises on this one.   We don't take devices to dinner with us.  Old school that way.  Maybe someone else can help. 

Edited by mysty
  • Like 1

For those interested there are 2 cases of COVID on the ship currently...one passenger and one crew.  So far Myster and I are passing the morning temperature test. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1