Blogging from the Ruby Princess

PescadoAmarillo

I’ve just published blog posts from the Ruby Princess’s February 10 cruise from San Francisco to Hawaii. I wasn’t on the ship, but my DH was, and he kept me well supplied me with pics. I may eventually extend this to include the two Panama Canal cruises he subsequently took, though, since I wasn’t doing a Live From for those cruises, his pics to me slowed considerably. 

However, I will begin blogging tomorrow about my March 27 cruise on the Ruby Princess to Hawaii.  Yes, after 6 1/2 weeks, I’ll finally be catching up to him. I’ve got my negative PCR test in hand and am ready to go. Hope you’ll follow along!

https://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/2022/02/the-cruise-i-didnt-take-15-nights-to.html

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 2

I enjoy reading your blog so thanks for taking us along. Happy to see you will be joining your DH and getting back on a cruise ship. Wishing you a fun-filled sailing to Hawaii!! 🚢🏖🌴🍹

• Like 1

I just read a post concerning a Covid outbreak on the Ruby Princess.

It was reported that the Captain made an announcement that all passengers are required to wear N95 masks inside the ship.

The poster feels that it is in their best interest to remain in the cabin, away from fellow passengers, until arrival in San Francisco.

Hoping that all who will be sailing on the Ruby Princess remain healthy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I’ve just published blog posts from the Ruby Princess’s February 10 cruise from San Francisco to Hawaii. I wasn’t on the ship, but my DH was, and he kept me well supplied me with pics. I may eventually extend this to include the two Panama Canal cruises he subsequently took, though, since I wasn’t doing a Live From for those cruises, his pics to me slowed considerably. 

However, I will begin blogging tomorrow about my March 27 cruise on the Ruby Princess to Hawaii.  Yes, after 6 1/2 weeks, I’ll finally be catching up to him. I’ve got my negative PCR test in hand and am ready to go. Hope you’ll follow along!

https://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/2022/02/the-cruise-i-didnt-take-15-nights-to.html

Since I live in San Francisco I enjoy your photos. 

Thanks for sharing. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ronnieslady said:

Bring some cute N95 masks. You might need them.  Have a wonderful cruise.   
Stay Safe & Healthy 

Thank you @MJSailorsfor the heads up. Your post sent me to the other thread, and I can’t say I’m surprised. I will talk with my husband today, but don’t believe we’ll be changing our plans. He never stopped wearing a mask, even after the rules changed. 

@RonniesladyI had already packed 20, a mix of N95 and colorful KN95 (very pleased with myself that I found those before our Panama Cana .cruise last year) and will supplement with some from the ship as required. After 6 weeks, my husband even requested I order some straps that keep the mask off the ears that many of the crew are wearing (apparently the masks the ship provides run small), so I’m bringing those too. Thank you for the good wishes!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

(apparently the masks the ship provides run small),

They do run small.  My husband could not use them at all.  But, I could and he used the N95 that we had brought with us.  Even wearing the masks the entire time on the Majestic we ended up sick after 14 days onboard right when we got home.  But, we tested 4 times for covid with home tests once home and they were negative.  But, it is still shocking that we could get sick at all since we used masks the entire time but literally no one else was wearing them, so it must mean that others wearing masks does help.   Near the end of our cruise when almost everyone was coughing, we just stayed in our mini suite,(thanks for the upgrade Princess) ordered room service and hung out on the balcony.  I guess we just had a head cold or our tests were flawed????

Anyway, have fun, stay safe. We almost were going to join you on this cruise, but decided not to book, it would have been fun to catch up. 

Edited by Level six
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

@MJSailors

@Ronnieslady  ...my husband even requested I order some straps that keep the mask off the ears that many of the crew are wearing (apparently the masks the ship provides run small), so I’m bringing those too. Thank you for the good wishes!

Would you mind posting where you get the straps?

I hope you both stay healthy and enjoy your cruising.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, montgomeryfamily said:

Would you mind posting where you get the straps?

I hope you both stay healthy and enjoy your cruising.

Thank you very much. I ordered these and have been using them at home. They work great, and provide a means of keeping the mask around my neck when I take it off (such as to eat or drink). After two years of masks making my ears stick out (I have very short hair), it’s a nice change. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095HBXY9F/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_WZ0PK6Q01VS0SSMM0B8Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Level six said:

They do run small.  My husband could not use them at all.  But, I could and he used the N95 that we had brought with us.  Even wearing the masks the entire time on the Majestic we ended up sick after 14 days onboard right when we got home.  But, we tested 4 times for covid with home tests once home and they were negative.  But, it is still shocking that we could get sick at all since we used masks the entire time but literally no one else was wearing them, so it must mean that others wearing masks does help.   Near the end of our cruise when almost everyone was coughing, we just stayed in our mini suite,(thanks for the upgrade Princess) ordered room service and hung out on the balcony.  I guess we just had a head cold or our tests were flawed????

Anyway, have fun, stay safe. We almost were going to join you on this cruise, but decided not to book, it would have been fun to catch up. 

My DW and I survived 2 weeks on Maui and 1 week on the Majestic plus all the air travel from Upstate NY to Hawaii to LAX and back home with no Cold/Flu/COVID/etc. but we were very careful with our mask wearing all the time.  I do agree that towards the end of the CA Coastal people were getting very careless with masking which just made us more cautious.  This is the first time in a very long while that one or both of us didn't get a least some type of URI after travelling so we felt very lucky and very happy that we used the masks so much.

One thing on the Majestic at least that made us uncomfortable was a lack of hand washing/sanitizing in the Buffet area so I was almost suprised that COVID or NORO (remember that still exists) didn't break out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2022 at 3:50 PM, PescadoAmarillo said:

Just read your blog while my husband was watching the qualifying for the Saudia Arabia grand prix on TV in England. You have such a way with writing and I loved hearing about your husband's exploits. Looking forward to you joining him and continuing reading. About to join Sky Princess in a few weeks and can't wait. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, milogurd said:

@PescadoAmarillo Just saw this on FB about the Sky Princess. Looks like they copied the Ruby letter, and replaced Ship's name and cruise info:

277440246_10220959217026024_7244981033235666295_n.jpg

I think that it is a safe bet that corporate lawyers produced this letter and someone at corporate  passed it on to the Captains to distribute.  And I'll bet that the Captains were more than happy to have corporate backing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To anyone that follows the exploits and escapades of @PescadoAmarillo and her hubby, "G", do not miss her first blog post as she prepared to travel to San Fran and join him on the Ruby.  The episode concerning the front door lock is classic, not to mention "harious" (to use one of "J's" special blog words).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2