How can I contact Princess?

DevSpy

I'm having an impossible time reaching anyone at Princess and wondering if anyone has some ideas? I have called, waited on hold for hours on multiple occasions, reached someone once and put on hold so long the line disconnected, emailed with no response and it's been over a month, attempted a live chat that ended with the suggestion I contact customer service. Are there other options to contact customer service?

Thanks in advance 

It appears you've booked directly - in which case, you're in the hook for any time and effort to contact Princess.

And unfortunately, that's what you're left to work with. 

I'm guessing you also do not have a Princess Vacation Planner? 

If not - then yeah, you're left with the public contact options...there's no real secret insider line. 

Maybe through Captain's Circle contact, should you have that access. 

It's one main reason we've used a TA for recent sailings - so we are not the ones having to spend the time and effort doing the work, we leave it to the professional.. 

Good luck. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This is my first time going on a cruise and I had no idea there was any other way to book, until speaking with people after needing assistance with this current issue of course. After a month and a half and hours and hours and hours on hold, I am contemplating cancelling my cruise all together and forfeiting my deposit. 

I appreciate your insight, it appears I have made a mistake

How long ago did you book? If you are within the 60 day time frame allowed you can transfer the cruise to a TA and have them go to bat for you. Of course then you need to know where to get a good TA...

Edit: You don't mention what your issue is. If you are trying to get help with the Medallion App just give up. You aren't likely to get assistance from Princess as the people you get on the phone don't have a clue. If this is your issue then stop worrying. You do not need to use the stupid app. Just show up at the pier with your passport, vaccination proof, negative C19 test, and any other ID or paperwork you may need. (A copy of your Travel Summary and Booking would be good to have.) Princess will take care of all the stuff they said must be done in the app.

If you are calling about something other than the Medallion App you should be starting your calls around 7:30 AM Pacific Time. Call until they answer and you will be at the head of the queue.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I book direct with Princess,  I needed to contact Princess to change my cabin that had been reassigned on a change of ships by Princess.  Did this early in April.  I did so on a Tuesday, called at 7:00 am, Pacific Standard Time, was on hold only 10 minutes, got my needs met. 

Princess opens at 6:00 am, Pacific Standard Time, Monday thru Friday.    I called on a Tuesday, not a Monday, since they are closed on weekends.         

I have never used a Princess Vacation Planner, don't see the need.   I have 30 cruises with Princess. 

Hope this helps.                                                                                                                                                        

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

As Thrak asked, what are your questions? It is quite likely that the collective brain trust here on CC may be of assistance. There are even a few travel agents here who give good insight and advice.

Give it a try, what do you have to lose?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thrak an EDDY

I looked and I booked Jan 26th, bummer I didn't know sooner.  Thank you for the advice, I will try to call earlier earlier. 

You all understand this process so well, I am a little embarrassed now to admit what the issue is. But, maybe you can tell me it's not a big deal and I can just pout and move on. Like I mentioned, this will be my first cruise. I wanted a special trip for my 5 year wedding anniversary where we can relax. (His idea)  I paid the extra money for the cabin type, location, and level I wanted, however, a month later the cabin was changed to a higher floor, moved to mid aft and now a joining room. I went on and saw the new room was $500 cheeper. I was told I could give up one of the included promotions and it would reduce the price, but the price difference of the cabin  (again, I specifically paid a little extra for the cabin I wanted) would not be refunded/credited. 

This may not seem like a big deal to many, but I really didn't expect the response.  

I am a nursing student and also work in an emergency department. I am tired. I want a vacation. I want to look forward to something, but now I feel bummed. Feel free to judge me, but also include advice if you have any. 

Edited by DevSpy
  • Like 1

If they move you they are supposed to send an email to you notifying you of the fact and a phone number where you can state that you do not want to be moved.

I had a move happen to me. I found out the day it happened because I decided to look at the Cruise Personalizer. In my case the email did not show up until later. I actually used the Live Chat function to get the original room I booked back. If you keep trying you may get a different person that may help you with your particular case.

Edited by brisalta

Yes, I received an email, but was not given any additional contact information other than the standard phone number. I actually called and hopped on the chat the day I received it, and got absolutely no where. I made it clear I did not want to be moved and they suggested alternative rooms that were even worse. I have made attempts to contact them since end of February. It is standard to not credit the room difference? 

2 minutes ago, DevSpy said:

Yes, I received an email, but was not given any additional contact information other than the standard phone number. I actually called and hopped on the chat the day I received it, and got absolutely no where. I made it clear I did not want to be moved and they suggested alternative rooms that were even worse. I have made attempts to contact them since end of February. It is standard to not credit the room difference? 

I have no idea about crediting the difference in price as I turned down the move. I actually told them I was very upset that they considered it an upgrade. They moved me to a room with an adjoining door and told them that just was not suitable. That those rooms should be kept by them for families. I got them to move me back. They have a lot of new staff after the hiatus that do not know what they are doing. Who ever you speak to let them know you have been trying to rectify this situation for a while.  Let them know this is supposed to be your anniversary celebration. Be polite but assertive. You may get passed up the food chain.

1 minute ago, DevSpy said:

It is standard to not credit the room difference? 

Is the cabin they moved you to a higher class cabin (such as moving from a balcony BD to a Balcony BC or any higher type cabin)?

If so, it is considered an upgrade by Princess even if it is not considered one by you.

With such a change of cabin, current pricing does not matter even if the price of your original cabin has gone down and the price of the higher category cabin has gone down.

Sometimes they are willing to make a price adjustment if you request it. If they reprice your booking, it will be with the current promotions, not the ones that existed at the time of your original booking. So, for example, if some OBC and a free specialty dinner were part of the original booking but are not currently offered for new bookings, you would lose those perks on a refare.

• Thanks 1

One thing I learned from Cruise Critic is to tell Princess Cruise Line that if you want to avoid them moving your cabin have your booking marked no upgrade. Note that if you do not mind an upgrade  offer to a better type of cabin, for example an inside to a balcony or a balcony to mini-suite and so on have it marked as meta upgrade only.

Edited by brisalta
  • Thanks 1

I forgot to add their reasoning, maybe it makes a difference? It was because of a quarantine room or floor? Something along that line, but it was the reason I wasn't given a choice and "nothing could be done." Mind you, this cruise is not until September on the Discovery.

No, the original was a deluxe balcony mid-forward, but it was right next to midship, no a-joining room, deck 9

The new room is the same type, mid-aft, the potential for a slumber party with new friends, and on a higher deck

Now, if I am being ridiculous about this (remember, I am tired), just tell me. I am new to this and my feelings got hurt after I spent my study time reading endless opinions on the perfect room and convincing my husband we absolutely needed to plan our summer vacation in January, only to be swapped out for one that would have saved me $500 (mind you, nursing books don't buy themselves) had I not wanted to be as close to midship as possible. So, after I convinced my husband we had to spend "just a little bit more" to be "practically" midship, we got booted to the back, wasted our money, and I think I'm being ghosted. I"m sad and I haven't even gone on the cruise yet. 

15 minutes ago, DevSpy said:

I forgot to add their reasoning, maybe it makes a difference? It was because of a quarantine room or floor? Something along that line, but it was the reason I wasn't given a choice and "nothing could be done." Mind you, this cruise is not until September on the Discovery.

No, the original was a deluxe balcony mid-forward, but it was right next to midship, no a-joining room, deck 9

The new room is the same type, mid-aft, the potential for a slumber party with new friends, and on a higher deck

Now, if I am being ridiculous about this (remember, I am tired), just tell me. I am new to this and my feelings got hurt after I spent my study time reading endless opinions on the perfect room and convincing my husband we absolutely needed to plan our summer vacation in January, only to be swapped out for one that would have saved me $500 (mind you, nursing books don't buy themselves) had I not wanted to be as close to midship as possible. So, after I convinced my husband we had to spend "just a little bit more" to be "practically" midship, we got booted to the back, wasted our money, and I think I'm being ghosted. I"m sad and I haven't even gone on the cruise yet. 

Since your cruise is not until September you should be able to cancel the booking now at no penalty and then rebook at the current lower price (with any current perks offered).

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DevSpy said:

I always mark my reservation as "do not upgrade" as I always pick the cabin I want. What they consider an upgrade isn't always good. The deck I pick I don't think the would use as a quarantine deck. I always pick the Lido deck so when I get up at 4am I can get my first cup of coffee real fast 😆 We are on the Discovery the end of August first if September and can't wait.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brisalta said:

One thing I learned from Cruise Critic is to tell Princess Cruise Line that if you want to avoid them moving your cabin have your booking marked no upgrade. Note that if you do not mind an upgrade  offer to a better type of cabin, for example an inside to a balcony or a balcony to mini-suite and so on have it marked as meta upgrade only.

If you book with Princess on line, I have seen the "Upgrade" box there to mark but never anything that refers to a meta upgrade. i.e. you can't distinguish between an upgrade or meta upgrade. 

I've been meaning to ask my TA whether they have this option, as our upcoming UK cruise has heaps of mini suites still available. We have booked a balcony cabin.

2 hours ago, DevSpy said:

Firstly, thankyou for going in to nursing. Not an easy job, particularly in these times.

I appreciate you are tired and having your cabin changed isn't great....but in the whole scheme of things you will both have a great cruise. We actually prefer aft cabins to mid ship - the extra walk after a big meal and drinks is good for us! Sure, Princess have not handled this well but you'll still have a nice cabin and after a day on board your location will not worry you, I hope.

However, as others have said, just cancel and start again, preferably using a decent TA who can bat for you if you strike trouble.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the upgrade line 1-844-525-0942 is still operational? It was in December 2021. @DevSpy thats the office that moved you

You could also try the PVP line. That's 1-800-901-1172 and plead your case. They might assign you to someone who will 'refare' your cruise keeping your promo but lower your price (difference is refunded to payment method) and correct the room. Otherwise they will 'rebook' you (lose your promo) but still refund the difference and change your room. Whichever PVP / CVP handles this will become your PVP / CVP (Princess Vacation Planner / Cruise Vacation Planner) but you can decide later if you want to keep him / her. 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 3

Because you were moved off a quarantine floor you should have the option to pick a new location with in the category you paid for.

I would have a few new cabin numbers ready so when you call you can tell them where you want to move.

I was moved for the exact same reason and when I called (again you have to call as soon as the phone lines open)  I gave them the new cabin # that I wanted and all was settled.

Don’t cancel yet, try calling again.

• Like 4

Sorry this happened to you but it also has happened to a lot of others.  Because of Covid, Princess ships have a whole section of cabins blocked off for quarantine (new crew have to quarantine and also covid + people).  They are not stopping people from booking these cabins, especially far in advance.  Only thing you can do now is follow some of the above suggestions... especially calling as soon as they open, have other cabin # in mind that are in your same category.  

Tip - instead of clicking on each cabin # to see if it says anything about the cabin  I google Princess deck plans and go on a 3rd party site.  They usually have the full deck plan with some cabins having different symbols.  That way I figure out which cabins are adjoining or maybe have 3rd or 4th person bunks.

As for the difference in price, my guess is that you are comparing "todays" price with what you saw on the day you booked.  Looks like prices have come down since then.  Princess is good about refaring if prices go down(if you ask)  but you do have to remember that you lose the original perks (specialty dining, OBC, etc) and will instead get any current perks if any.  You always have to check out if it is better for you.  $500 sounds substantial so will probably be best to refare.  As for your deposit, is it really nonrefundable or are you just assuming it is?  Most times it is refundable.

Right now customer service is not the greatest but the people on the ship are wonderful (generally).  After all this is behind you I am sure you will have a wonderful cruise.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, reedprincess said:

I'm guessing you also do not have a Princess Vacation Planner? 

Hmmm. PVP (new name CVP?) could be an option, even if not currently using one. I had an issue & contacted a PVP & he fixed it for me. He was not assigned to me in any way.

3 hours ago, leck57 said:

If you book with Princess on line, I have seen the "Upgrade" box there to mark but never anything that refers to a meta upgrade.

There's no "upgrade" box to check online. You have to go through Princess or your TA.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

PVP (new name CVP?) 

Yes. Some are starting to call it that 

47 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

even if not currently using one. I had an issue & contacted a PVP & he fixed it for me. He was not assigned to me in any way.

That's a viable option because OP booked directly. That person can also make sure it's not an adjoining room and that it's the lowest price possible (refund balance)

Edited by Ombud

6 hours ago, caribill said:

Since your cruise is not until September you should be able to cancel the booking now at no penalty and then rebook at the current lower price (with any current perks offered).

Also, have you made final payment? Is your deposit refundable? Booked in January, cruise in September.

you can cancel before final payment without any penalty.

Princess offers Book with Confidence Policy- read about it on their website.

refund to credit card+FCC.

And I prefer the aft balcony cabins- less traffic in hallway, September kids are back in school, less people waiting for elevator then midship one. Adjoining cabin- not an issue.

marking booking “Do not upgrade”, has been ignored in my case for last 2 years. 

• Thanks 1

Contact Princess??  

Try

Twitter

Facebook**

**There are several FB accounts that reference Princess but are not the native Princess company.  Be sure you get the real thing.

Edited by thinfool