LIVE..........Allure of the Seas...........May 14-----May 22, 2022................ "Just state the Facts Ma'am"

GOOD MORNING

I wanted to wait to start this thread till I knew for sure we have both tested negative for COVID.  We are Rick and Sue, and this will be our 7th sailing on the Allure.

I know…………………YAWN, yet another live thread on the Allure.  Yup it is, but this is the first time we are doing the Southern Caribbean. This is only my second attempt at a live thread. I did one last year on the Symphony, and 3 years ago a “post-cruise” summary of Allure.

I plan to include our travel experiences from start to finish.  There are so many recent threads from cruisers on the Allure posting the compass as well as entertainment, so you will not find that here.  I will include new changes, if any.   Maybe throw a few zingers in on this thread.

So before we begin:  A blast from the past

“. . . . . I’m sailing away

Set an open course for the virgin sea

‘cause I got to be free

Free to fact the life that’s ahead of me

I look to the sea

Reflections in the waves spark my memory

Some happy, some sad

I think of childhood friends and the dreams we had…………”  (Styx)

So sit right back and you’ll hear a tale……………………….Ok enough of music trivia………………………………………….

So stay tuned.

I have some preliminary postings to share.

Be safe Sue

Just state the facts mam-------------  (oldie but goodie Black and white TV show).

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Our travels will sail to 2 ports of call we have never been to. Very excited. 
We decided to be casual and relaxed. No formal wear on this sailing. Only casual in case we consume mass quantities of beverages and spill them making a mess. 

FD12D2E7-F165-4632-B384-AE371CE1941F.jpeg

• Like 2

So far this morning has been quite hectic. First of all just in case people post that the Bianax test is idiot proof. Their lying. Or we must be idiots. (Be nice). 
Do not set up an account early and then plan on going back to do at a later date.  
They rejected our early registration and took a few swear words and time to get an account re established. 
Once we were negative and printed copies of results. 5 copies to be exact. Gotta be prepared.  Canceled our Walgreens appointment. 

Finally excited to pack. 
It is truly amazing what you can accomplish when you put your mind to it.  
Land speed record. 
Before and after pictures. B562DE18-5DA2-4728-9549-362E27B3921A.thumb.jpeg.c61de8bebbe6a7215a03a6e712b443af.jpegE1583F30-8C01-4CCF-A96E-93EFCD093C76.thumb.jpeg.6d5b9e97a2eee9f7b12e5f557c2fdea5.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

Glad to hear you got the negative tests.  We did ours at 6:30 this morning.  No problems with ours, although we did have to set up an eMed account, which was new.  They have changed how you do it, every time we have done them. 

We are sitting at the airport, eating and drinking at Starbucks, while we wait for our delayed flight.  Delays about 20 minutes now.  

Safe travels, and see you onboard.  You should have the ship on your avitar soon. 

• Like 4

Over the years we have collected classic Royal Caribbean priceless relics. When the plaque dented our travels, I would just bring them

out from the vault and reminisce.

Today, for the very first time, I am sharing my valuable collection.  

I really do not want to brag. Or better yet show off.  But after years of sailing exclusively with RCI, you too can have such valuable tokens to refresh your memory. 

09973EF8-C166-4B1E-A746-229D34A3F93D.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Over the years we have collected classic Royal Caribbean priceless relics. When the plaque dented our travels, I would just bring them

out from the vault and reminisce.

Today, for the very first time, I am sharing my valuable collection.  

I really do not want to brag. Or better yet show off.  But after years of sailing exclusively with RCI, you too can have such valuable tokens to refresh your memory. 

09973EF8-C166-4B1E-A746-229D34A3F93D.jpeg

You are hilarious ! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

GOOD MORNING

I wanted to wait to start this thread till I knew for sure we have both tested negative for COVID.  We are Rick and Sue, and this will be our 7th sailing on the Allure.

I know…………………YAWN, yet another live thread on the Allure.  Yup it is, but this is the first time we are doing the Southern Caribbean. This is only my second attempt at a live thread. I did one last year on the Symphony, and 3 years ago a “post-cruise” summary of Allure.

I plan to include our travel experiences from start to finish.  There are so many recent threads from cruisers on the Allure posting the compass as well as entertainment, so you will not find that here.  I will include new changes, if any.   Maybe throw a few zingers in on this thread.

So before we begin:  A blast from the past

“. . . . . I’m sailing away

Set an open course for the virgin sea

‘cause I got to be free

Free to fact the life that’s ahead of me

I look to the sea

Reflections in the waves spark my memory

Some happy, some sad

I think of childhood friends and the dreams we had…………”  (Styx)

So sit right back and you’ll hear a tale……………………….Ok enough of music trivia………………………………………….

So stay tuned.

I have some preliminary postings to share.

Be safe Sue

Just state the facts mam-------------  (oldie but goodie Black and white TV show).

Sue,

Hope you have  a great time and healthy cruise. Enjoy your time on the seas. 🙂

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

I am sure many cruisers are like us.  You think you plan ahead enough to budget your time. But inevitably there is a lot of last minute things to get done.  Well I am great full because my DH eagerly helps. So after we tested negative. We divided our tasks to be done. 

Rick

put clean sheets on bed

print negative COVID test results 

confirm room in Fll

print boarding passes

take car to get washed

stop to get couple things CVS

get feeder fish for turtles 

bring lunch home 

check car tires

check oil and fluid levels 

shut off outside water

turn off toilets

pay online bills

stop mail and newspaper 

let neighbors know we will be away

make notes for house sitter. 

load suitcases in car.( When time)

get money and divide

get travel documents 

take trash to curb. 

Sue

Wash and style hair

do make up

select clothes to wear to Cleveland. 

But most importantly nag DH when it is taking him way to much time to get ready. 

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 22

Well, we safely arrived in Ft. Lauderdale, and we await our hotel shuttle.  

It was a strange flight path.  We were supposed to go straight down over the Atlantic, but we changed course and flew over Tampa and Ft. Myers. 

Testing was different today.  We had always just gone thru the NAVICA app, but this time it had us create an account at eMed, then linked to NAVICA.  

oh well, we weren’t idiots today.  

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

It was a strange flight path.  We were supposed to go straight down over the Atlantic, but we changed course and flew over Tampa and Ft. Myers. 

Testing was different today.  We had always just gone thru the NAVICA app, but this time it had us create an account at eMed, then linked to NAVICA.  

Glad to hear you had a safe flight ✈️

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Glad you made it safely. 

Rest up.  (Lol).  Have fun getting your steps in. 

take care. 

• Like 1

I see you are more like Susan (must be the name) and I am more like Rick with those to do lists.  

No rest for the wicked. 😀. Looking forward to lunch tomorrow at the Rustic Crab House.  And looking at some pool time. 

• Like 2