DRINKS IN THE DIAMOND LOUNGE DURING HAPPY HOUR

If you want to save your vouchers for adult beverages later, order a glass of water, not a bottle of water otherwise it will cost you one of your vouchers, bottle water no longer free.

43 minutes ago, JamesEM said:

If you want to save your vouchers for adult beverages later, order a glass of water, not a bottle of water otherwise it will cost you one of your vouchers, bottle water no longer free.

Just tell your server that you don't wish to use a voucher for a bottle of water, and you will be charged for it instead.  (of course, that is if you WANT a bottle of water)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Just tell your server that you don't wish to use a voucher for a bottle of water, and you will be charged for it instead.  (of course, that is if you WANT a bottle of water)

Did that quite often on our recent cruise if having a beer at lunchtime around the pool to save the vouchers for the more expensive cocktails in the evening. I got the impression that for whatever reason some bar staff were not too keen to do this.

Edited by Tin can

12 minutes ago, Tin can said:

Did that quite often on our recent cruise if having a beer at lunchtime around the pool to save the vouchers for the more expensive cocktails in the evening. I got the impression that for whatever reason some bar staff were not too keen to do this.

When I've requested it it wasn't that weren't keen to do it, I don't think they understood the point behind the request.  "It could no charge yet a guest is asking to pay for it".  

Also don't forget to use your 50% beer/wine vouchers from the CAS if using this strategy.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tin can said:

Thank you for this wonderful idea!  We will be cruising on the Enchantment end of September after a 10 year hiatus with RCI.  We are diamond and while 4 drinks each is enough on port days, on sea days, not quite.  Also, @twangster mentioned something about 50% wine from CAS coupon.  Will you please elaborate.  Is this a diamond or diamond plus benefit, and are you referring to a bottle?  We have scheduled lunch in Chops on embarkation afternoon so if it is 50% off bottles for Diamond member this would be a nice idea.  THANK YOU!

On 7/16/2022 at 6:34 AM, Tin can said:

It used to be great, buzzing and full and we also met and spoke with many people. I was genuinely shocked late May on Anthem how much it had changed. The C & A tier count on the cruise was 600 odd Diamonds and 240 D+ and no one was in there.

Royal will know everyone is using the vouchers round the ship and the lounges days are numbered I fear. Hope I am wrong.

The lounge gets plenty of use throughout the day in my observations. I don't think the lounge is going anywhere. Do you really think RCI created that space just for a 3 hr. happy hour?

On 7/16/2022 at 8:17 AM, saridien said:

Your mileage may vary, but we went on the Freedom in May and never got charged for our drinks in the diamond lounge. They would ask our room number and we would give it, but it never showed up on our folio. We went almost every night for snacks and a glass of wine. Once I even ordered a cocktail that they got from the Viking crown and still was not charged for it. It might not be every ship that operates this way, but the freedom diamond lounge is very relaxed. 

Did you go above your 4 or 5 drink limit those days? If not then of course you would not have been charged.

23 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We had 3 vouchers back then.🤔

Actually preferred Boleros. Schooner had a funny smell, and notbthe typical funny smell of Schooner

I don't know about Empress as I was never on the ship, but for some reason the atmosphere of Bolaros on the ships has never really appealed to me. I'm not quite sure why.

2 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Also, @twangster mentioned something about 50% wine from CAS coupon.  Will you please elaborate.  Is this a diamond or diamond plus benefit, and are you referring to a bottle? 

The 50% off coupon is for a glass of wine or beer not a bottle

Diamond get one coupon and D+ get 2 coupons

55 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't know about Empress as I was never on the ship, but for some reason the atmosphere of Bolaros on the ships has never really appealed to me. I'm not quite sure why.

Boleros on Empress was very different. Kind of like the Star Lounge. 

Schooner was very disjointed

• Like 1

Met the captain in the Indy DL last night… not sure there were more than 8-10 of us in there. I’m sure he was just making the rounds as the ship slowly drifted from Cococay to Nassau but we had a nice quick chat.

It’s been very empty in there during both breakfast & happy hour but I don’t see them getting rid of it… or at least I hope they don’t. Maybe it’s b/c we’re used to going there from the open bar days but we still stop by nightly, though we don’t stay long. And there’s still the coffee machine of course.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Thanks 1

On 7/16/2022 at 3:50 AM, SuitesRbest said:

Such a pitty they changed this in my opinion. The DL used to be full and it was good to talk and mingle with all.

Will not see that again unfortunately!!

That was the BEST diamond perk. I HATE that they took it away. What loyalty?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Merion_Mom said:

What do you "hate" about this?

That , now we only have 4 drinks through out the whole day, and nite. We used to have several drinks in the lounge before dinner, and then use the 3 on the seapass for the dining room.  It just seems like taking away the all you can, or wanted to drink in the lounge, is a downgrade, in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

What makes me laugh is that for years we've had so many people on these forums insist that they weren't going to the diamond/concierge/suite lounge for the unlimited drinks, it was all about the interaction with other people in the lounge, honest.

But when those unlimited drinks are removed and instead you can drink anywhere, suddenly they all evaporate. Not so bothered about that chat with other people now!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, hmorrow said:

That , now we only have 4 drinks through out the whole day, and nite. We used to have several drinks in the lounge before dinner, and then use the 3 on the seapass for the dining room.  It just seems like taking away the all you can, or wanted to drink in the lounge, is a downgrade, in my opinion.

Maybe buying the Deluxe Beverage Package would be a good fit for you. I don’t even go through the 5 vouchers I get (for alcoholic drinks). Most people like the new voucher system. Being able to select an upper shelf liquor for my martini’s works for me. Since we can share the vouchers, my daughter’s will be pleased on our New Years cruise.

6 minutes ago, beardedladies said:

What makes me laugh is that for years we've had so many people on these forums insist that they weren't going to the diamond/concierge/suite lounge for the unlimited drinks, it was all about the interaction with other people in the lounge, honest.

But when those unlimited drinks are removed and instead you can drink anywhere, suddenly they all evaporate. Not so bothered about that chat with other people now!

Off topic, but did you ever see this post from earlier in the year from someone trying to find you?

On topic, it was always about the booze. 😄