The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday August 1st, 2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

It wasn't a troll who took Father David off, but a new monitor.  Our complaining had them rethink, so all is well in the world.   (got an email from the powers greater than ours)

Is it the same host who posted on the thread?  If so, she isn't new but new to the HAL forum.  She's been working at least the Cunard forum for a few years now and has been a very positive influence over there.  There might be a bit of a learning curve but I think it is a very positive development for the HAL forum.

Roy

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Thanks Sharon, I have a rescheduled Alaska cruise tour, that I am reluctant to mention. I do not want to jinx myself. There have been so many changes it is exhausting going through the website bookmarks and archived emails to see which ones are still relevant & delete the rest. 

But we are just under four weeks away, and I am starting to believe this will really happen.  I haven’t been to Alaska since 1995, so I might not recognize many places. 

Ann, I figured as much.  I know how going on the first cruise after shutdown feels like so totally understand. You are going to have such a great time!!  I hope in time that you feel comfortable telling us all about your cruise because you are a wonderful trip reporter (remembering your travels from last year, plus the oops and ouch from the break). 

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I'm delighted to say Father Davids sermon 1st post after Rich's daily introduction from Sunday is back on the Sunday's daily.

Graham.

Yay!

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

It wasn't a troll who took Father David off, but a new monitor.  Our complaining had them rethink, so all is well in the world.   (got an email from the powers greater than ours)

Yes, I also received a reply about 3 hours ago from my email last night saying the same thing. I was once a moderator (ages ago on a different forum but it was HAL and travel related) so totally understand how difficult it is to decide on the fly what is appropriate and what isn’t. The new moderator just doesn’t know us yet. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Is it the same host who posted on the thread?  If so, she isn't new but new to the HAL forum.  She's been working at least the Cunard forum for a few years now and has been a very positive influence over there.  There might be a bit of a learning curve but I think it is a very positive development for the HAL forum.

Roy

Yes 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, dfish said:

Home again, home again!   As much as I enjoyed the two weeks on the ms. Rotterdam in Norway, home feels really good right now.   Yesterday's travels were really tiring.  By the time we hit the airport hotel last night, we had been up for 24 hours.  

@Paw13Welcome, Pauline, to the Daily.   It is so nice to hear from you in person.   Graham has sung your praises for quite some time, so we do feel we know you.

@kazuShadow is coming along all due to your gentle persistence.   

That is my favorite as well.   I love the sentiment.

This looks like it could be in a magazine.  Beautiful photo!

Terry, I sure hope someone is delivering meals and helping you.  After all the caregiving you've done, you deserve some yourself.  

@JazzyV The effectiveness of the steroid shots does wear off after time.  I went from the steroids to the hyaluronic acid to knee replacement.  

@ottahand7I really enjoy your photos.  You make the UP look so good!  Of course, it is a beautiful place.

@0106 Tina, the meal looks wonderful!   I'm not sure what is for dinner.  Probably whatever I can get delivered, but those recipes are a keeper.   I love, love, love eggplant parmesan.   My grandmother made the best and I could have eaten it all.  

Debbie, we have received soup and several covered dishes from 3 different  neighbors. They call to say they are leaving food for both houses and it lands on our doorstep. We are very fortunate. My DSIL is doing  the dog walking in a limited way.DD,Tana and I appear to be having a competition  for who can sleep the most.

16 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Hello, Dailyites, I had no idea what was going on over Father David’s little sermons!  Happy to hear it has been settled.  On the ship I can’t always see what has been posted(mainly photos, videos, etc., ) but I blame the ship’s internet.  Welcome, Pauline, @Paw13 , we do all feel we know you, as our fashion guru!  

Happy Birthday to Shadow, @kazu, the first of many healthy and happy ones with you, I hope.  And @smitty34877, I’m so sorry you are all feeling so ill.  Hope you get over it quickly.

our last port today has been Halifax, the warmest we have been so far on this cruise.  Tomorrow is a sea day, and the the end comes in Boston.  Did a lot

of walking today, I’ll be sore tom

45 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

@marshhawkThank you for posting the song make me a channel of your peace. It is beautiful and I can't belive that I had not heard it before. Thank you also for complaining about the deletion of Father David, for letting us know why Father David was deleted and for being instrumental in his being backi on board.

@smitty34877Your family has been through so much and now this. I am sorry that all I can do to help is assure you that both of your houses are in my prayers.

@Paw13Welcome to the daily. I have admired your elegance in the photos that Grahm has posted.

Jane

orrow…

Thank you so much.Enjoy  the last sea day and Boston. And thank you  @lazey1. Tried to multiiquote but apparently  it is way beyond me today.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, dfish said:

Home again, home again!   As much as I enjoyed the two weeks on the ms. Rotterdam in Norway, home feels really good right now.   Yesterday's travels were really tiring.  By the time we hit the airport hotel last night, we had been up for 24 hours.  

@Paw13Welcome, Pauline, to the Daily.   It is so nice to hear from you in person.   Graham has sung your praises for quite some time, so we do feel we know you.

Terry, I sure hope someone is delivering meals and helping you.  After all the caregiving you've done, you deserve some yourself.  

@JazzyV The effectiveness of the steroid shots does wear off after time.  I went from the steroids to the hyaluronic acid to knee replacement.  

@ottahand7I really enjoy your photos.  You make the UP look so good!  Of course, it is a beautiful place.

@0106 Tina, the meal looks wonderful!   I'm not sure what is for dinner.  Probably whatever I can get delivered, but those recipes are a keeper.   I love, love, love eggplant parmesan.   My grandmother made the best and I could have eaten it all.  

Welcome home.  Hope the missing suitcase turns up soon.

23 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Hello, Dailyites, I had no idea what was going on over Father David’s little sermons!  Happy to hear it has been settled.  On the ship I can’t always see what has been posted(mainly photos, videos, etc., ) but I blame the ship’s internet.  Welcome, Pauline, @Paw13 , we do all feel we know you, as our fashion guru!  

Happy Birthday to Shadow, @kazu, the first of many healthy and happy ones with you, I hope.  And @smitty34877, I’m so sorry you are all feeling so ill.  Hope you get over it quickly.

our last port today has been Halifax, the warmest we have been so far on this cruise.  Tomorrow is a sea day, and the the end comes in Boston.  Did a lot of walking today, I’ll be sore tomorrow…

Enjoy your last sea day.  Safe travels home.  Hope the flights and luggage are all in sync and there are no delays.

Lenda

• Like 17

3 hours ago, kazu said:

Great multi quote 👍 thank you 🙂 

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Trying a copy and paste, since my original post is still hidden.

Good morning. Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit. 

Girlfriends are important for support and socializing. I haven't played Mahjong in ages. No mountain climbing for me. Excellent quote.

I like the meal. Pass on the drink and yes to the wine.

I haven't been to Gaspe. Thanks for any forthcoming pictures.

It's cloudy and not too hot so far today. Storms around evening rush hour. I'm glad the roof is patched. Well, I don't think the steroid shot is as effective this time; not bad, but I still have some pain. I'll wait a while and see how it goes. I may have to try the gel soon.

@grapau27 Nice picture. 

@Paw13 Welcome to the Daily!

@marshhawk It sounds like giving up the dog walking is a good idea. 

@HAL4NOW Great pictures.

@kazu Great that Liz was able to help with Shadow. Pretty flowers.

@ottahand7 Congrats on the fishing and seeing the loons.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for the update on Ren; I was going to ask about him today. I'm sorry you both are still having leg issues. 

@smitty34877 Continued prayers for your family.

@Overhead Fred Love the picture!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon from central Texas -- where at 1:15pm it is a cool 94F, with a slight breeze.  This morning, I was in a hurry to get the first load of laundry in the washer and get to the store, that I forgot to say Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit before I said good morning to DH.  Finger's crossed 🤞 that I didn't jinx August.  

So far, it doesn't look like I jinxed anything since DH receiver a call from the Dallas hospital and now has an appointment with the Physician's Assistant for an evaluation at 11 am Friday.  It's a good thing DH gave them my cell phone number because they still could not reach him on his phone.  When we did the online check-in, which took an hour it was that complete, I discovered they had the wrong number for DH.  @rafinmd  Roy, I think you can take DH off the care list since we're now definitely in their system.  Friday's appointment will begin the process to take care of the NPH.

It looks like it's been a busy morning on the Fleet/Daily with a lot of posts taken down.  I'll try to be careful what I say.  For the record, I had no problem with Father David's sermons and know many enjoyed them and found comfort.  If you didn't want to watch, you could just scroll by.  I also agree with others that if it was a Dailyite, which I very seriously doubt,  who complained, I wish he or she had "talked" to us first.  The most likely scenario, as others have mentioned, is that a lurker either took offense or wanted to be mean.

Now, back to our regular Daily programming.  I have two girlfriends that I've know most of my life, one since we were 18 months old.  While we don't talk or see each other often, we always pick up where we left off.  The other I've known since at least the first grade, if not before, and she's my nextdoor neighbor.  We don't always agree, but we're there for each other.  I've never learned to play Mahjong, but @Seasick Sailor  Joy, will be celebrating today.  I've climbed a few small mountains, most really tall hills, but found that is not really my thing.  I prefer walks and hikes on level or almost level ground.

Like all Mahatma Gandhi's quotes, this quote is very true. 

We'll take the meal and the wine, but pass on the drink.  I have been making chicken parmigiana in the air fryer for a couple of years now.  My recipe, which I'll share in a minute, is similar to the one @0106 Tina found.  Mine combines two of the steps, which lessens the cooking time.  

We have not been to Gaspe, so thank you @Cruising-along for your pictures.  It's been on the bucket list for quite a while.

@marshhawk  Ann, I'm glad you finally decided to quit the dog walking job.  A month is a generous time for giving notice, and most people give two weeks.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm glad Liz came by and worked with Shadow, plus giving you some good tips.  After what you gave as the reasons they are trying to rescue the dogs, I can definitely understand Shadow's trust issues.  Hopefully they will lessen with time and patience.  If anyone can help her, you with Liz's help can do it.  Loved the flower pictures.  BTW,  🎈  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHADOW! 🍖

@Paw13  Pauline, we can finally officially welcome you to the Daily.  Through, @grapau27 Graham, you have been a part of this group for a while.

@grapau27  Graham, I like the new avatar.  It's hard to tell, but ours was taken on the Great Wall 20 years ago on a stop on Volendam's 60 day APEC cruise.

@HAL4NOW  Thank you for the pictures of Mt. Beckler.

@ottahand7  I liked the pictures of the loons.  Thank you.

@aliaschief  Bruce, again, thank you for more pictures of Scotland.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I'm glad Ren is doing better and never tested negative.  It's good he could to to the soccer camp, but I hope he doesn't have trouble with his leg.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I'm sorry the steroid shot is not working as well this time.  DH found the shots effect lessened over several years.

The dryer just dinged, bot I better go fold clothes.

Lenda

1 hour ago, ktbraun said:

It's always fun to see the loons.  They remind me of our childhood camping trips to Up-North Wisconsin!  Their calls are so fun to hear!  We travel to central Wisconsin, and occasionally see a loon there...during their migration time.  

We had a fun time at our German Fest on Friday.  Milwaukee has a huge park, and the 1st celebration of the year is Summerfest, it's a huge music celebration.  Then, throughout the summer there are several ethnic celebrations.  

Still saying Yay to those celebrating and prayers for those who need them.   And welcome to @Paw13Pauline! 

Karen

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

Good afternoon. Sorry to be so late.The general feeling in our two houses here is that we feel as if we were hit by a truck.I am not capable of much activity  and neither is anyone else. Hopefully things will improve  soon.We appreciate  all the good wishes,thank  you to all.

@Paw13, Pauline,welcome to the lovely group.

@JazzyV,  Vanessa, hopefully you will feel more relief with your knee in a few days.Sometimes I would feel changes for about a week  after injection. 

I love the recipes today but I think I will have cereal later.

Terry

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Good afternoon, time for a quick check-in.  

@Paw13welcome to the Fleet Report and Daily; I'm sure your husband has told you all about us!

@kazua begonia, see, what do I know about flowers?  LOL

@Quartzsite Cruiserso glad to see DH has an appointment this week - at least it's the start of the process he needs to recover.

@smitty34877 happy to hear from you; please take the time you need to recover, even if it means calling on others outside the house for assistance with meals, etc.

Stay safe everyone!

59 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

@Paw13 Welcome to the Daily Pauline.  

@smitty34877 Hope you all feel better soon.

54 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

@marshhawkThank you for posting the song make me a channel of your peace. It is beautiful and I can't belive that I had not heard it before. Thank you also for complaining about the deletion of Father David, for letting us know why Father David was deleted and for being instrumental in his being backi on board.

@smitty34877Your family has been through so much and now this. I am sorry that all I can do to help is assure you that both of your houses are in my prayers.

@Paw13Welcome to the daily. I have admired your elegance in the photos that Grahm has posted.

Jane

47 minutes ago, dfish said:

27 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

our last port today has been Halifax, the warmest we have been so far on this cruise.  Tomorrow is a sea day, and the the end comes in Boston.  Did a lot of walking today, I’ll be sore tomorrow…

I am overwhelmed by everyone's welcoming messages.

Graham is on here all the time and I understand why now.

Graham is usually quiet but chats a lot on here.

I'm happy for Graham and everyone else that our vicar David's sermon has been reinstated.

Thank you everyone for your kindness and I will check back in on Sunday with David's sermon.

Love and hugs

Pauline 💕🤗

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Thanks to so many are in order  and I did not  mean to leave anyone out.  @puppycanducruise, @ger_77, @Quartzsite Cruiser,. @marshhawk and @srdancer to name a few.We just got another soup delivery as well as a beautiful  fruit platter from our next door neighbor. People are so kind and you are all appreciated. 

• Like 26

19 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Thanks to so many are in order  and I did not  mean to leave anyone out.  @puppycanducruise, @ger_77, @Quartzsite Cruiser,. @marshhawk and @srdancer to name a few.We just got another soup delivery as well as a beautiful  fruit platter from our next door neighbor. People are so kind and you are all appreciated. 

You are deservedly blessed with wonderful neighbors.  Now wishing you a quick recovery, especially for Tana.

Roy

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Trying a copy and paste, since my original post is still hidden.

Good morning. Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit. 

Girlfriends are important for support and socializing. I haven't played Mahjong in ages. No mountain climbing for me. Excellent quote.

I like the meal. Pass on the drink and yes to the wine.

I haven't been to Gaspe. Thanks for any forthcoming pictures.

It's cloudy and not too hot so far today. Storms around evening rush hour. I'm glad the roof is patched. Well, I don't think the steroid shot is as effective this time; not bad, but I still have some pain. I'll wait a while and see how it goes. I may have to try the gel soon.

@grapau27 Nice picture. 

@Paw13 Welcome to the Daily!

@marshhawk It sounds like giving up the dog walking is a good idea. 

@HAL4NOW Great pictures.

@kazu Great that Liz was able to help with Shadow. Pretty flowers.

@ottahand7 Congrats on the fishing and seeing the loons.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for the update on Ren; I was going to ask about him today. I'm sorry you both are still having leg issues. 

@smitty34877 Continued prayers for your family.

@Overhead Fred Love the picture!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

Vanessa I see nothing there that was so terrible.  Not a single thing!  🤷‍♀️

Ren's leg hurts because someone stomped on him while down.  It may take a while for a deep bruise to heal but he's young so will be fine.  Thanks for your concern!  I'm excited I get to visit the family soon.  Next Monday we will be at DS's house so can check on him then.  Also get to visit DD and family.  She has a weight loss to show off and I can't wait to cheer her on personally.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I'm delighted to say Father Davids sermon 1st post after Rich's daily introduction from Sunday is back on the Sunday's daily.

Graham.

Wonderful news about Father David's sermon!  Our emails helped spur them on to taking a second look.  So far I haven't received an answer to my email, but that's fine.  It worked!

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Thanks for letting us know Ann!  Great work emailing them.🙏

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good afternoon. Sorry to be so late.The general feeling in our two houses here is that we feel as if we were hit by a truck.I am not capable of much activity  and neither is anyone else. Hopefully things will improve  soon.We appreciate  all the good wishes,thank  you to all.

@Paw13, Pauline,welcome to the lovely group.

@JazzyV,  Vanessa, hopefully you will feel more relief with your knee in a few days.Sometimes I would feel changes for about a week  after injection. 

I love the recipes today but I think I will have cereal later.

Terry

33 minutes ago, Paw13 said:

I'm happy for Graham and everyone else that our vicar David's sermon has been reinstated.

Thank you everyone for your kindness and I will check back in on Sunday with David's sermon.

Love and hugs

Pauline 💕🤗

Excuse my lack of spacing between Terry's and Pauline's posts.  That's what happens when I try to do too many things at the same time!   Terry, it's great your neighbors are showing up with food for your family in your time of need.  I understand what you mean about sleeping so much - for days while in quarantine we slept 10 hours at night, then took a morning AND an afternoon nap!  Your body needs all that sleep to recover so don't worry about overdoing all those zzzz's!😴

Pauline we are thrilled to have you join us.  You're a great fit for the Daily.  I'm so happy to hear the sermons are back!🥂

Now I have big news.  At lunchtime we were interrupted with a phone call from my doctor's office.  It was the nurse of the PA whom I had been trying to see last week.  She said she herself, and the PA were both on vacation last week, so were sorry I couldn't get in.  But she said I could come in after lunch at 1:30 if that was okay with me.  Sure it was!  I was there with 5 minutes to spare!  This PA is very thorough and very knowledgeable on anatomy.  She asked a lot of questions, and spent a lot of time working on figuring out what hurt me where.   It's definitely not a Baker's cyst, or a knee joint problem.  She thinks it's a ligament/muscle inflammation and it just won't heal.  So she is sending me to a rehab/physical therapist for certain exercises and something called Tens therapy which is an electrical stimulation to help heal me.  Also I should wear a knee brace instead of my compression socks.  I can still wear compression socks in the car for our long trip Friday, but the knee brace will help the knee more, and the compression socks are good for sitting for long periods.  The PA said I'm already on an anti-inflammatory medication for hip pain so she doesn't need to prescribe one.  (works like a charm on the hip pain).  If this helps me we won't have to go further and order expensive tests like MRI's.  So I guess I'll be going to the therapist after our trip to see the kids  Fingers crossed his helps me!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Paw13 said:

Love and hugs

Pauline 💕🤗

Pauline, how wonderful to “see” you! It is lovely to have you officially join the group!

But Graham has allowed us all to get to know you!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone!

What a kerfuffle yesterday - so glad Father David's sermons are back. They are a bright spot on my Sunday mornings...thanks @grapau27Graham and @Paw13Pauline for posting them faithfully!

Good news here....DH and I just passed our Covid tests, so we're ready to cruise on Wednesday!!

I'll definitely miss you all - I try to disconnect as much as possible on the cruise.  I'll try to catch up once we're home, but 24 days is a LOT to read quickly!!

@kazuShadow is a beauty, and I know she'll thrive under your care

@smitty34877so sorry you're all suffering with Covid.  You're all in my prayers for a speedy recovery

@marshhawkglad you're giving up the dog walking, sounds too tough and will give you more time...and thanks for sharing your story the other day, it was very moving

I'd quote more, but it's dinner time....blessings to everyone...

Laura

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, kplady said:

Hello everyone!

What a kerfuffle yesterday - so glad Father David's sermons are back. They are a bright spot on my Sunday mornings...thanks @grapau27Graham and @Paw13Pauline for posting them faithfully!

Good news here....DH and I just passed our Covid tests, so we're ready to cruise on Wednesday!!

I'll definitely miss you all - I try to disconnect as much as possible on the cruise.  I'll try to catch up once we're home, but 24 days is a LOT to read quickly!!

@smitty34877so sorry you're all suffering with Covid.  You're all in my prayers for a speedy recovery

@marshhawkglad you're giving up the dog walking, sounds too tough and will give you more time...and thanks for sharing your story the other day, it was very moving

Laura

Have a great trip!  I, too, unplug when traveling -- gradually get back in the swing of things when I get home.  It'll be good to hear about your trip later on. Bon voyage! 😊

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Some tornado warnings around, but thankfully to the south of me. The local weather stays on during these, so no Jeopardy (I'm just grateful I'm not under the warning).

@Cruising-along Thanks for the Gaspe photos.

@aliaschief Thanks for sharing Scotland with us.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I'm glad to hear that DH will be getting seen on Friday, to get the ball rolling. And thanks for the Chicken Parm air-fryer recipe you use.

@smitty34877 So sorry to hear how some of you are laid low. So wonderful to have neighbors to help you guys out. Just rest and recover.

@dfish Welcome home! I hope Sue gets her bag back soon.

@Vict0riann Enjoy the remainder of your cruise.

@StLouisCruisers I'm glad you're getting some answers about your leg. And enjoy that upcoming family visit!

@kplady Congrats on passing your tests! Bon Voyage on Wednesday. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

@dfish any word on Sue's bag?

Roy

Not yet.  Hopefully, we will hear something tomorrow.  If not, I'll get a number from Lost and Found and call them at least to make sure they are looking for a navy blue suitcase and not red glasses.

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

@dfish Debbie, welcome home.  Any update on the missing luggage.  I am praying as hard as I can. St. Anthony is working overtime.

Terri

Thank you for the prayers, Terri.  They worked when I asked St. Anthony to help me find my passport.  It wasn't where I usually kept it.  He found it for me in the cupboard in a casserole dish.

3 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Debbie, we have received soup and several covered dishes from 3 different  neighbors. They call to say they are leaving food for both houses and it lands on our doorstep. We are very fortunate. My DSIL is doing  the dog walking in a limited way.DD,Tana and I appear to be having a competition  for who can sleep the most.

So glad to hear you are being cared for.  Sleep as much as you can.  Sleep is healing.

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Now I have big news.  At lunchtime we were interrupted with a phone call from my doctor's office.  It was the nurse of the PA whom I had been trying to see last week.  She said she herself, and the PA were both on vacation last week, so were sorry I couldn't get in.  But she said I could come in after lunch at 1:30 if that was okay with me.  Sure it was!  I was there with 5 minutes to spare!  This PA is very thorough and very knowledgeable on anatomy.  She asked a lot of questions, and spent a lot of time working on figuring out what hurt me where.   It's definitely not a Baker's cyst, or a knee joint problem.  She thinks it's a ligament/muscle inflammation and it just won't heal.  So she is sending me to a rehab/physical therapist for certain exercises and something called Tens therapy which is an electrical stimulation to help heal me.  Also I should wear a knee brace instead of my compression socks.  I can still wear compression socks in the car for our long trip Friday, but the knee brace will help the knee more, and the compression socks are good for sitting for long periods.  The PA said I'm already on an anti-inflammatory medication for hip pain so she doesn't need to prescribe one.  (works like a charm on the hip pain).  If this helps me we won't have to go further and order expensive tests like MRI's.  So I guess I'll be going to the therapist after our trip to see the kids  Fingers crossed his helps me!

That is good news!   I sure hope the physical therapy works.  It is amazing how much physical therapy can accomplish.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, dfish said:

Thank you for the prayers, Terri.  They worked when I asked St. Anthony to help me find my passport.  It wasn't where I usually kept it.  He found it for me in the cupboard in a casserole dish.

I would never think of putting my passport there.  LOL.  Somebody could steal my passport easily, but I know exactly where it is.,  That is the most important thing. 

I will tell you a story.  I used to work in the Federal Building in downtown Manhattan.  It was a very cold day and I was wearing earmuffs and pearl earrings.  When I got up to my office on the 33rd floor I only had one earring.  i rode the elevator up and down looking for it.  No luck.  I prayed to St. Antony.  I went to the lobby. No luck.  

At lunchtime i met my husband, who worked two blocks away.  He met me in front of Federal Plaza on Broadway between Worth and Duane Streets ( a very busy place)  I told him about the earring.  I looked down at the sidewalk and there in the groove between the pavement was the earring I had lost four hours earlier.  

i have a lot of faith of St. Anthony. Just don’t know why he made me wait four hours to find it.

Debbie,  I will keep praying.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 26

What a joyous day today was!  Pauline joined the "family"  I guess she was an "in law" until today.  Father David was reinstated as our spiritual advisor, and I handed in my notice on the dog walking.

The note went something like this...I know you have a lot on your mind but you forgot to pay me this past week.

I am retiring from dog walking beginning in September.  It has become a burden due to dr's appts and scheduling with my real job.  Also after that fall this week, I realize I am too old to be doing this.  I am giving you notice in advance as you will need to find someone else to walk her, or put her in puppy camp.

She got home.  She may have read the note, she was outside on the phone having a smoke, and stayed outside for an hour.  I was on a zoom meeting and could see her outside. She doesn't smoke in her house, even though she is the only one there.  She did not call me, she did not come over to pay me or talk to me.  If the locks were changed tonight I would be over joyed.  I have been doing this every day for a year, except for our weeks (2) in Florida, and two days when I knew my surgery would be longer into the afternoon.  2 days, in a whole year, that she had to work from home.

@dfishGreat to have you home!  Glad you had a good time, and I am sorry about Sue's luggage. I hope they find it, and when they do those new sweaters are still in it! I had to laugh about the passport location.

@StLouisCruisersI am glad that they think they have solved the problem with your leg.  I am very glad it's not a blood clot from flying, or Covid.  Physical therapy is fun, you get to make new friends who torture you.

And this is what the email said.

A moderator pitching in on the HAL forum removed the post and asked for a management review.  We have reinstated the post to the topic.

As you can see it was copied and pasted.

ce746f967bd9b5db6831cf9ed49fcb88.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

@marshhawk I am fascinated by your September cruise.  I don't think the Fantasy class has ever done many long cruises and it's especially strange for a ship about to leave the fleet.  Do enjoy it, it possibly happened as a sign from Heaven that it was time for your dog walk retirement celebration cruise.

Roy

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Terry, you have some very wonderful and caring neighbors. I'm very glad they are looking out for all of you.  Rest and get well soon.

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Vanessa I see nothing there that was so terrible.  Not a single thing!  

Ren's leg hurts because someone stomped on him while down.  It may take a while for a deep bruise to heal but he's young so will be fine.  Thanks for your concern!  I'm excited I get to visit the family soon.  Next Monday we will be at DS's house so can check on him then.  Also get to visit DD and family.  She has a weight loss to show off and I can't wait to cheer her on personally.

Wonderful news about Father David's sermon!  Our emails helped spur them on to taking a second look.  So far I haven't received an answer to my email, but that's fine.  It worked!

Thanks for letting us know Ann!  Great work emailing them.🙏

Excuse my lack of spacing between Terry's and Pauline's posts.  That's what happens when I try to do too many things at the same time!   Terry, it's great your neighbors are showing up with food for your family in your time of need.  I understand what you mean about sleeping so much - for days while in quarantine we slept 10 hours at night, then took a morning AND an afternoon nap!  Your body needs all that sleep to recover so don't worry about overdoing all those zzzz's!😴

Pauline we are thrilled to have you join us.  You're a great fit for the Daily.  I'm so happy to hear the sermons are back!🥂

Sandi, that is really good news that your PA did a thorough exam and has a plan to help heal your leg.  Enjoy your visit with your family and safe travels.

2 hours ago, kplady said:

Hello everyone!

Laura

Gald you both tested negative.  Enjoy your cruise.

15 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

What a joyous day today was!  Pauline joined the "family"  I guess she was an "in law" until today.  Father David was reinstated as our spiritual advisor, and I handed in my notice on the dog walking.

The note went something like this...I know you have a lot on your mind but you forgot to pay me this past week.

I am retiring from dog walking beginning in September.  It has become a burden due to dr's appts and scheduling with my real job.  Also after that fall this week, I realize I am too old to be doing this.  I am giving you notice in advance as you will need to find someone else to walk her, or put her in puppy camp.

She got home.  She may have read the note, she was outside on the phone having a smoke, and stayed outside for an hour.  I was on a zoom meeting and could see her outside. She doesn't smoke in her house, even though she is the only one there.  She did not call me, she did not come over to pay me or talk to me.  If the locks were changed tonight I would be over joyed.  I have been doing this every day for a year, except for our weeks (2) in Florida, and two days when I knew my surgery would be longer into the afternoon.  2 days, in a whole year, that she had to work from home.

@dfishGreat to have you home!  Glad you had a good time, and I am sorry about Sue's luggage. I hope they find it, and when they do those new sweaters are still in it! I had to laugh about the passport location.

@StLouisCruisersI am glad that they think they have solved the problem with your leg.  I am very glad it's not a blood clot from flying, or Covid.  Physical therapy is fun, you get to make new friends who torture you.

And this is what the email said.

A moderator pitching in on the HAL forum removed the post and asked for a management review.  We have reinstated the post to the topic.

As you can see it was copied and pasted.

ce746f967bd9b5db6831cf9ed49fcb88.jpg

Ann, good for you gerring part of your life back.  Thanks for sharing the email with us.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4

It is so late for me to post, but that seems to be my "MO" for the current times.  I just can't imagine the day without the "Fleet/Daily" for the day.  There is so much friendship and camaraderie shared here.  What a great group!

@marshhawkthanks for your persistence as well as others in getting Father David restored.  Being here we all understand and look forward to his inspiration each week.

@Paw13, welcome!  You and your DH are so inspiring to all of us.  How can you both eat the wonderful meals and stay so stylish?

@smitty34877, my prayers for all of your family.  I am so happy that you have such good neighbors to help you this difficult time.  Sleep is the word of the day when it comes to Covid. I know I still have some days of extreme fatigue after my virus encounter in February!

@kazuyour patience with Shadow will result in a lovely dog when she gets over her fear.  You were put into her life for a loving reason..

To all others that have issues, please know that all are in my prayers.  This is such a caring, loving community and we all look to each other for support.  Thanks!

Just an update on my Dsis after her fall.  She has seen her local doc and he has given her the protocol that he wants her to follow.  Guess we did everything right for the first week, but now things will change for the next period of her healing of such horrible abrasions.  She is managing quite well by herself.

Today was a sad day for me, but I finally had to realize that I can't handle the AMS airport alone, and I cancelled my October TA on the Rotterdam.  Didn't take too long on the HAL call, except for the question about the charge for the air!  When I quoted from my documents, suddenly there was no charge.  DUH!

Thanks to all who make this such a wonderful and safe place to be!  My prayers for all on the Cares list!  Have a great evening, everyone!

Mary Kay

• Like 14
  • Thanks 7

4 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

It is so late for me to post, but that seems to be my "MO" for the current times.  I just can't imagine the day without the "Fleet/Daily" for the day.  There is so much friendship and camaraderie shared here.  What a great group!

@marshhawkthanks for your persistence as well as others in getting Father David restored.  Being here we all understand and look forward to his inspiration each week.

@Paw13, welcome!  You and your DH are so inspiring to all of us.  How can you both eat the wonderful meals and stay so stylish?

@smitty34877, my prayers for all of your family.  I am so happy that you have such good neighbors to help you this difficult time.  Sleep is the word of the day when it comes to Covid. I know I still have some days of extreme fatigue after my virus encounter in February!

@kazuyour patience with Shadow will result in a lovely dog when she gets over her fear.  You were put into her life for a loving reason..

To all others that have issues, please know that all are in my prayers.  This is such a caring, loving community and we all look to each other for support.  Thanks!

Just an update on my Dsis after her fall.  She has seen her local doc and he has given her the protocol that he wants her to follow.  Guess we did everything right for the first week, but now things will change for the next period of her healing of such horrible abrasions.  She is managing quite well by herself.

Today was a sad day for me, but I finally had to realize that I can't handle the AMS airport alone, and I cancelled my October TA on the Rotterdam.  Didn't take too long on the HAL call, except for the question about the charge for the air!  When I quoted from my documents, suddenly there was no charge.  DUH!

Thanks to all who make this such a wonderful and safe place to be!  My prayers for all on the Cares list!  Have a great evening, everyone!

Mary Kay

Mary Kay, I'm glad your sister is doing well and that her doctor thought you both did everything right the first week.  It's good she is managing by herself.

I'm sorry you had to cancel your TA on the Rotterdam.  We all have to make the hard decisions about what is best for us.

Lenda

• Like 8

I fear I will be missing someone = sorry but ‘tired’ with working with Little (her training name as she responds to it better than Shadow - LIz called her the same ironically

And I am up way too late - but for Terry @smitty34877 I am so very sorry to hear your news 😔. I pray you and all your household are feeling better soon.

6 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

So happy to hear you have support that you need.  Praying for a quick recovery 🙏 

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

@marshhawk I am fascinated by your September cruise.  I don't think the Fantasy class has ever done many long cruises and it's especially strange for a ship about to leave the fleet.  Do enjoy it, it possibly happened as a sign from Heaven that it was time for your dog walk retirement celebration cruise.

I think @marshhawkhas a wonderful time in store for her.  Definitely time to stop dog walking 👍 

I will in fairness say I had one once a week when I was doing SPCA work, etc and feared I would be too long.  Her vacations never bothered me - I just shuffled my schedule.  Dogs rule 😉 

7 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

It is so late for me to post, but that seems to be my "MO" for the current times.

It’s never too late to post here 😉 

Glad to hear she is recovering - it will take time.  Encouraging that the first week was the right thing.  I’m sure the 2nd week will be too 🤞 🙏 

Today was a sad day for me, but I finally had to realize that I can't handle the AMS airport alone, and I cancelled my October TA on the Rotterdam.

Oh no!  I know how depressing that is.  So sorry 😢 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

@cruzn singleI am sorry to read that you had to cancel your cruise.  We just need to find you a cruise where the getting there isn't as hard on you.  

Also glad that your sister is doing better, but what are they doing about those abrasions.  DH slipped while holding on to a bucket (dont ask, it was the cat litter bucket) tonight and sliced the skin right off his arm.  He washed it and put on a BIG bandage, but since he is on blood thinners I do worry.

@smitty34877It's late, but my prayers are with you before I go to sleep.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

This is really late.  I was going to post this but got distracted and then went to bed.

I am glad the whole business with Father David is settled and Pauline is now part of our family.

And with that I wish everyone Sweet Dreams.

Terri

B8EC106B-C212-442F-B74C-E6FD0375DBC7.jpeg

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1