Will he board with us?

mcatmcat

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

Just ask as you get to the suite line. 99% sure the answer will be ... sure no problem... Happy cruising

That hasn’t been my experience. I have been in a suite on half of the 12 RCI cruises I have been on  this year and they have strictly enforced checking boarding passes in the suite line at Port Miami and Port Canaveral, even when they weren’t checking boarding passes in the general line. I don’t see an issue boarding the ships at different times, but if the OP really wants to board with friends, they should all use the general check-in line at the terminal. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

Hi!!!

Im sailing from Miami old terminal. I’m on a suite but 2 of my friend are only gold. Do you think that they will be able to board with us?  

Thanks  everyone. 

Why don’t you board with them instead of putting the workers in an awkward position? You paid for that suite privilege, but they didn’t. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

That hasn’t been my experience. I have been in a suite on half of the 12 RCI cruises I have been on  this year and they have strictly enforced checking boarding passes in the suite line at Port Miami and Port Canaveral, even when they weren’t checking boarding passes in the general line. I don’t see an issue boarding the ships at different times, but if the OP really wants to board with friends, they should all use the general check-in line at the terminal. 

This

I disagree.  Boarding in San Pedro in May, I accompanied my suite friends to their line, and my D+ friends accompanied me in the Pinnacle line in Baltimore last week.  

Both times we told the staff member that we were traveling as a group and wanted to board together.  The highest level person asked.  I was told if it's no more than 3 extra people it's not a problem.  Also, if they are family members there should be no problem.

I was specific that we were traveling together, but in different cabins.

There was no awkwardness with the staff:  ask a question, get an answer.  Go into the line.

We all went at the time the highest level person was assigned.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, pcur said:

…There was no awkwardness with the staff:  ask a question, get an answer.  Go into the line.…

You don’t know that unless they said so. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, pcur said:

I disagree.  Boarding in San Pedro in May, I accompanied my suite friends to their line, and my D+ friends accompanied me in the Pinnacle line in Baltimore last week.  

Both times we told the staff member that we were traveling as a group and wanted to board together.  The highest level person asked.  I was told if it's no more than 3 extra people it's not a problem.  Also, if they are family members there should be no problem.

There was no awkwardness with the staff:  ask a question, get an answer.  Go into the line.

Of course you disagree. Almost every Pinnacle I have met thinks they can do whatever they want to do and don’t need to follow the rules that the lower non-Pinnacles have to follow. 

• Like 14

5 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Of course you disagree. Almost every Pinnacle I have met thinks they can do whatever they want to do and don’t need to follow the rules that the lower non-Pinnacles have to follow. 

That's for sure!  and you can include line cutting.

Totally simple.   When my sister used to cruise with us...we just stayed with her in the lower tier group.  No big deal.  We all get on board at some point, ship won't leave without you.  Then those same pax want to be the first to get OFF the ship...go figure.  😉 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

Hi!!!

Im sailing from Miami old terminal. I’m on a suite but 2 of my friend are only gold. Do you think that they will be able to board with us?  

Thanks  everyone. 

Good morning! Just a couple of comments about your post.

First, you might not want to say "Thanks everyone" when you are asking a question here on CC. Why? Because by the end of this thread I'm 99.999% sure there will be some posters here you definitely won't want to "Thank". 

Second, however you end up boarding with your friends, in their line, in your line, or some other way, have a nice, relaxing, stress free  cruise. By the end of this thread, you'll need it! 

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, DirtyDawg said:

Good morning! Just a couple of comments about your post.

First, you might not want to say "Thanks everyone" when you are asking a question here on CC. Why? Because by the end of this thread I'm 99.999% sure there will be some posters here you definitely won't want to "Thank". 

Second, however you end up boarding with your friends, in their line, in your line, or some other way, have a nice, relaxing, stress free  cruise. By the end of this thread, you'll need it! 

Amazing perception 🤣

Think of it this way - if you had paid for certain privileges or earned them via loyalty status and half the others in line brought along travel companions who had not, thereby infringing upon and delaying your boarding experience how would you feel. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, gerif said:

Think of it this way - if you had paid for certain privileges or earned them via loyalty status and half the others in line brought along travel companions who had not, thereby infringing upon and delaying your boarding experience how would you feel. 

Another comparison is bringing non-D members to the D lounge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Another comparison is bringing non-D members to the D lounge.

The same poster that brought their D+ friends in the pinnacle line has also posted for years about bringing a friend into the lounge that doesn't have access.  Rules are only for some, not all. 🙄  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, pcur said:

"Pinnacle Power" strikes yet again.  😞 

• Like 1