Favorite cruise souvenir always..?

Davechipp74

15 hours ago, DAVECHIPP1974 said:

My favorite cruise souvenir that I always get is Mal de Debarquement, it comes free with cruise fare. 

Cute.  I occasionally get minor cases when I disembark. 

It's hard for me to choose my favorite souvenir.  The prizes for winning trivia are always nice, when I can get them.  My refrigerator is nearly covered in magnets from the places I've been.  Lately I've been taking more and more photographs, and those are valuable to me.  And sometimes I book future cruises onboard - the future anticipation is nice, the future bills... not so much.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Pictures, and a magnet if it’s a new port.  EM

That's me. Some little something. I have this faux leopard look (rayon) scarf I bought on a cruise 5 years ago and I still love that. I have a fridge magnet we got at Blarney Castle many years ago. Still have that. I have a brooch made form sea glass I bought from a vendor in Syndey Nova Scotia.  I have a necklace of beads I bought in Cozumel 7 or 8 years ago that the vendor swore was Opal, lol, though I am pretty sure it is plastic/resin, but I still love it. I think my fav though is our cruise cards. I always keep mine and I have quite a stack now.

1 hour ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Cute.  I occasionally get minor cases when I disembark. 

It's hard for me to choose my favorite souvenir.  The prizes for winning trivia are always nice, when I can get them.  My refrigerator is nearly covered in magnets from the places I've been.  Lately I've been taking more and more photographs, and those are valuable to me.  And sometimes I book future cruises onboard - the future anticipation is nice, the future bills... not so much.

Sunrises or sunsets on a cruise are always the best!

• Like 1

Mrs Ldubs used to get a Swarovski figurine every trip we took (land or sea).  We have since stopped that because we ran out of room in the curio.  Now days we don't really collect any souvenirs.  Just pics.  Occasionally I'll buy something to wear.  Last item from a cruise was a light jacket that has a Halifax Nova Scotia  patch on it.  

• Like 1

Menus and the daily activity sheets have long been favorite souvenirs from my cruises.  Photos and my journal also are enjoyable keepsakes.  

7 hours ago, momofmeg said:

I still have a Canadian Mountie moose doll

I have a mama Kangaroo with her baby in its pouch from my first trip to Australia and a nice sized Penguin from when I visited Antarctica.  They are favorites and I have them placed so I see them every day.  

My most priced souvenir, though, are all of the people whom I have met during my cruises and still maintain contact with them.  

• Like 1

Christmas bauble, souvenir spoon , decorative plate from any new ports. Shame we are running out of space on the Welsh Dresser and 100 spoon spoon rack.  Keep the tree and its’ baubles up all year as it’s made from drift wood.

Friendships-

I still keep in touch with someone I met as a teenager in1970 on Union Castle’s TSS Reina del Mar.

• Like 1

When we first took my father in law on a cruise he was having trouble figuring out what to do.  I took him by the Norwegian display case of prizes you could win on the cruise - a collection of magnets, coffee mugs, champagne and more.  I showed him the daily planner with games and tournaments and told him to get one of each.  He did!  He played all of the games and sports and met a whole bunch of new people and had a great time  and I got all of the loot.  I still have many of those prizes but I think my favorite are the dice keychain.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Aquahound said:

I'm not much of a souvenir person anymore so my favorite running souvenir is my keycard.  I've saved every one of them.

I have a pretty good collection of key cards , when I started sailing they didn’t exist , paid cash for everything.

3 hours ago, LoungingMcCoy said:

Trophies and trinkets that I won from games and trivia and I try to find a national team soccer jersey for each new country I visit.

Soccer jerseys, well in my case T-shirts with national teams.  They had them on sale on a past RCI cruise.   Both France and England wore out and went to the rag bin.  Mexico is still going strong after all these years.   

• Like 1

Onboard purchases - rarely do.  But, I bought a pair of silver hoop earrings in the ship store.  I was drawn to them because they were just within the size limit for what I could wear at work at the hotel.  Over the years that I've had them - when I'm abused by guests or treated with disrespect by management or made to feel like a commodity ("we can always find another one"), if I have those earrings on, I can eek out a little smile and remember a calm cruise. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, George C said:

I have a pretty good collection of key cards , when I started sailing they didn’t exist , paid cash for everything.

My dad has one of the heavy brass room keys from one of our Sitmar cruises in the 1970s or early 1980s. It was just when they changed over to the key cards. We were joking with the room steward about no longer having to keep track of the heavy brass keys. He brought my dad one of the old ones and told him that he could keep it. 

My mom also used to collect menus from the MDR on the Sitmar ships. They had beautiful hand-painted watercolors (reproduced of course) on each cover, each one different and reflecting either the port or theme of the day in the MDR. It's like a walk back in time to read through those menus now.

And one final Sitmar story, my parents were on board when it was announced that, beginning immediately, the Sitmar ships were sold to Princess and Sitmar as a brand ceased to exist. For the rest of that cruise it was a sort of crazy free-for-all. Bartenders were giving passengers all of the coasters and swizzle sticks, ash-trays, and whatever else was branded with the Sitmar crest. To this day my parents still use the swizzle sticks!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

My dad has one of the heavy brass room keys from one of our Sitmar cruises in the 1970s or early 1980s. It was just when they changed over to the key cards. We were joking with the room steward about no longer having to keep track of the heavy brass keys. He brought my dad one of the old ones and told him that he could keep it. 

My mom also used to collect menus from the MDR on the Sitmar ships. They had beautiful hand-painted watercolors (reproduced of course) on each cover, each one different and reflecting either the port or theme of the day in the MDR. It's like a walk back in time to read through those menus now.

And one final Sitmar story, my parents were on board when it was announced that, beginning immediately, the Sitmar ships were sold to Princess and Sitmar as a brand ceased to exist. For the rest of that cruise it was a sort of crazy free-for-all. Bartenders were giving passengers all of the coasters and swizzle sticks, ash-trays, and whatever else was branded with the Sitmar crest. To this day my parents still use the swizzle sticks!

I miss the old swizzle sticks from cruises and bars have a small collection we found in my mother-in-law house. My oldest thing is a bottle opener from either 1977 or 1978 it has the SS Rotterdam on it , that was a great old ship.

• Like 3