The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday December 13th, 2022

richwmn

It is still morning here so good morning dailites. It is sunny and coldfor Az. with the high supposed to reach 54F this afternoon. That is approximately 15 degrees below normal for this time of year.

I enjoy all of the days listed and would enjoy a fritatta, without the kale, if someone would fix one for me. So far I have not found even one Barefoot wine that I did not like and I feel they are such a bargain.

I have not been to the Phillipeans and am so enjoying all of your photos.

@kazugood on you for getting ready for your cruise from San Diego. Keeping my fingers that you will get to go and hjave a lovely time.

@rafinmdPlease take me off the care list. I am feeling good and I am out of Covid isolation. One day last week when I was bored I did some searching around the HAL website and found what I think will be a perfect Ca. coastal Thanksgiving  2023 cruise for me. Need to contact my T.A. to get it done.

• Like 25

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I'll finish our 2018 tour, and I did find a few of downtown Manila that aren't horrible.

From the Jeepney factory, we went to Taal Lake for a buffet lunch of Filipino food, and a view of the lake and Taal Volcano, which erupted in 2020.

A view of the lake, which is a caldera with a cone inside.  It was very humid so the distance pictures are a little hazy. 

DSC05782.thumb.JPG.1372e7293ddc42cb3669e95916a30631.JPG

DSC05775.thumb.JPG.a9901fd999c60b3d96c86a48fb9a997e.JPG

Next door to the hotel

DSC05777.thumb.JPG.2e0bcdcce1f60c3906c6c94ba85253d6.JPG

The hotel and the grounds.

DSC05773.thumb.JPG.af8d160a3fb4f5fa6a4d739b67b41166.JPG

DSC05789.thumb.JPG.604200ed96c1b873955e426ad2718892.JPG

DSC05779.thumb.JPG.ab4706f09855100a835c22d3847b7b12.JPG

DSC05780.thumb.JPG.9e92fbad68d884ea611050336b0e3a9d.JPG

DSC05772.thumb.JPG.596bf5723bff927f8c394e218a6cb869.JPG

On the way back to Manila, we stopped at a roadside market where they were selling fruit and flowers.DSC05791.thumb.JPG.b445aad90f77365ad9e6e9d1fe13d4b0.JPG

Manila traffic

DSC05795.thumb.JPG.3bcb436c5c2d21fc930b9162126b54cd.JPG

One of their malls

DSC05792.thumb.JPG.578eacefe32f9e371aab50453a3466ce.JPG

A quick view of some of downtown from the bus

DSC05796.thumb.JPG.9d19e4d317fbe5977f6b6b81df047ff5.JPG

DSC05797.thumb.JPG.079c970d58ca1dc9844bffe49f425685.JPG

DSC05801.thumb.JPG.d3ba8b125b1f6774616125f16ffde64d.JPG

We had another band for our sail away.

DSC05803.thumb.JPG.bf8fa00ca21d1810d44e0053fb66b515.JPG

One last view of Manila

DSC05810.thumb.JPG.61511fdba20d27291495f9c171af4707.JPG

The next morning, we saw a lot of these little boats near the ship.  We were told that the fishermen rowed our to the fishing grounds.  This was many miles off shore.

DSC05818.thumb.JPG.5a7d26fd9b9249f2d917f56087fb5298.JPG

Lenda

I love all your photos Lenda.

Graham.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cat in my lap said:

Good morning!  I have been busy getting my suitcases ready for pickup tomorrow.  

We got our cabin assignment so printed the baggage tags.  Yesterday we got our typhoid shots and picked up malaria pills, but I hate taking them.  

many, many years ago when I was working I had a short trip to Manila.  My favorite memory was eating at the Manila Hotel in the Champagne room. I just googled the hotel and it still has the same restaurant!

Best wishes to all!  

Sending you both my best wishes for a fabulous cruise.

Graham.

Screenshot_20221210_160136.jpg

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning!  It’s chilly and only going to be 49F for the high today. We had rain almost all day and night yesterday.  Seems like we are having a colder winter than usual.  I was busy over the weekend with DGD and then had a icky day after eating something that didn’t agree with me, so I’ve been away from the Daily for a few days. 

I will pass on the kale. I like baking with cocoa but not drinking it. I worked for a doctor/boss who played the violin beautifully and was in several orchestras, and traveled a lot with one. 

I like today’s quote. This day 48 years ago, December 13, 1974, was a Friday and the day before Craig and I married.  We are going to celebrate by making lamb chops.

I need to get the Christmas decorations that I’m not going to use put away. I have more ornaments than our tree will hold and they are all over the dining room table. 

I haven’t been to today’s port but have been to St Lucia last December on the Rotterdam. 

B62CA016-F755-4410-B126-9317FAAD9A1C.thumb.jpeg.63b03d7ad5755bca424a399dc937bd90.jpeg

Joy @Seasick Sailor, your cabin looks amazing and so accessible for Allen. Please tell him hi for us. And the picture of you two looks like it was taken at “our” trivia table. Have you seen many of the same crew from last year?

Jacqui @kazu, I’m happy to hear that you are going on your cruise. 

Have a great day everyone!

Happy 48th wedding anniversary Sharon and Craig.

16BAE748-7629-449F-AB37-968AF0377626.gif.473208a51bb791858c0f250666388322.gif

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

It took me a few days (still moving slowly) but here is our annual little Hershey’s Chocolate Tree that I put up each year. Do any of you remember back in the 80’s when Hershey offered 2 ornaments each year? Of course being the chocolate hound I am, I sent for them for as long as they offered them. Probably more than 10 years. Some are quite adorable and now the grandchildren love them too. 

Jacqui @kazuI’m so glad you’ve made the decision to go tomorrow. 

Sandi @StLouisCruisersprayers for your DD’s successful surgery. 

Sharon @Sharon in AZsorry you had an icky day and hope your tummy troubles are long gone. 

6F885C9D-CD1E-4CD7-B222-218E5C3D6151.thumb.jpeg.156ea72327e9530c14182e38b4a33c08.jpeg

A few close ups

4A4A3CDB-913C-43F6-8D22-187D3EDDB6CC.thumb.jpeg.b128c7427b3ceba2f89477ab105ff129.jpeg

C1EBF3A8-F50E-464F-92B2-33B6D933958F.thumb.jpeg.7c1af39e25f5edb0dfc7193b10252780.jpeg

055FCD7D-3184-4211-84E0-FEC97072C01A.thumb.jpeg.3bfbcaeae96dfdbb5ccbafbf9334160e.jpeg

2FF86BC0-4991-4222-91F6-894FECA43EE7.thumb.jpeg.f1942d7b00d603eb976aa4f4f9d300cc.jpeg

Looks lovely.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

While I was at the TCM office, the house across the street caught fire. It's the home of a retired Episcopal priest whom I know well and who is close to the Jewish community. He was unhurt and the fire seemed to be on the third floor, but the water damage will be enormous. At least six fire rigs, including a ladder truck from my town.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 10

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

I had a nice visit with DB.  He was working with OT in the shower but I had a nice visit with DSIL.    She said DB may get released to home around 12/21.   I hope he will be home by the time we start our trip south because I wouldn't be able to visit anymore.

The technician is here working on our furnace, a different one than yesterday.   He found that the blower was failing and it drew too much current and then burned out the part that was replaced yesterday.   Thankfully he had a new blower in the truck but I don't know about another one of the parts replaced yesterday.  I am glad that this happened while we are home instead of my DS coming to check on the house and find it ice cold or worse with broken pipes.  She got stuck dealing with AC problems last summer while we were at our cabin.   

Have a nice day!   Nancy 

Nancy, I hope your DB can be home around 12/21.  It is good he is working with the OT and a PT.  I hope today solves the furnace problems.

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

It took me a few days (still moving slowly) but here is our annual little Hershey’s Chocolate Tree that I put up each year. Do any of you remember back in the 80’s when Hershey offered 2 ornaments each year? Of course being the chocolate hound I am, I sent for them for as long as they offered them. Probably more than 10 years. Some are quite adorable and now the grandchildren love them too. 

Sandi @StLouisCruisersprayers for your DD’s successful surgery. 

Sharon @Sharon in AZsorry you had an icky day and hope your tummy troubles are long gone. 

6F885C9D-CD1E-4CD7-B222-218E5C3D6151.thumb.jpeg.156ea72327e9530c14182e38b4a33c08.jpeg

A few close ups

4A4A3CDB-913C-43F6-8D22-187D3EDDB6CC.thumb.jpeg.b128c7427b3ceba2f89477ab105ff129.jpeg

C1EBF3A8-F50E-464F-92B2-33B6D933958F.thumb.jpeg.7c1af39e25f5edb0dfc7193b10252780.jpeg

055FCD7D-3184-4211-84E0-FEC97072C01A.thumb.jpeg.3bfbcaeae96dfdbb5ccbafbf9334160e.jpeg

2FF86BC0-4991-4222-91F6-894FECA43EE7.thumb.jpeg.f1942d7b00d603eb976aa4f4f9d300cc.jpeg

Carolyn, that's a cute tree.

53 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I am currently procrastinating walking the neighbors dog....Our bug man is here (she hates uniforms) the feral and her buddy are freaking out on the porch,( it's hard to hide under wicker furniture) and the dude is parked right in front of our mail box, (hope the mail person does not come right now).  

Once he is gone, I can go.  However, he seems to be loitering far too long.

I had a lovely walk this morning in the cold, it was 51 earlier, the car said it was 49 when we got to the park, and now the computer says its 47.  For once the weatherperson was sort of correct, they said our temperatures would be dropping, but they said that for Wednesday.  Guess I should check NOAA.

I think any one who can get away before this winter happens is lucky.  I think,  to quote my years in MA and MN, that this winter will be "wicked" and not "wicked good".

I am still struggling with that 1000 ask, ,my boss knows, so my dial cards are pretty much people who have not been seen or heard from since 2018.  They dont answer the phone.  So each day I do about 70 calls every 3 hours, and talk to 1-3 people.  I laughed yesterday when @Quartzsite Cruiserasked if she could answer her phone because our computers were down yesterday...and we could not call, have no fear by the time i started calling TX last night the computers were up and running.  I got a 50 dollar donation, a 100 dollar pledge and one will consider.  No thousand in sight....

fundraiser-cat.jpg

Annie, the system being down yesterday did not protect us from a robo call.  At least, I can hang up without being rude to a person.

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I love all your photos Lenda.

Graham.

Thank you, Graham.

6 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

While I was at the TCM office, the house across the street caught fire. It's the home of a retired Episcopal priest whom I know well and who is close to the Jewish community. He was unhurt and the fire seemed to be on the third floor, but the water damage will be enormous. At least six fire rigs, including a ladder truck from my town.

I'm glad the priest was not injured, but feel sorry about what he has to go through to get his house repaired.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I like cocoa (think I'll make some now), a salute to St. Lucia the martyr, and violins add a lot to orchestras. Lovely quote. I like the meal, pass on the drink, the wine sounds good.

I haven't been to Manila.

It's sunny but cold here today. I spent the first part of the morning collecting some information, then 2 hours on a Zoom call with my financial planner. I have a lot of stuff to carry down to the basement from the dining room, so I can pull it together for the holidays, but my knee is not very good. I don't think the gel injections have done much, although they said allow 6 weeks for full results. I really need to make up a grocery shopping list for the German Christmas meal I make for BFF and myself.

@MISTER 67 Good luck getting your account straightened out with HAL.

@rafinmd Thank you for our lists.

@grapau27 The inserts (orthotics?) can take some getting used to; sometimes they suggest starting out with only wearing them a couple of hours at first, then build up the time. Nice to be snug inside, with the snow outside.

@kazu Fingers and toes crossed that you get to your destination tomorrow.

@Lady Hudson Good luck with shopping. I hope all goes well for DH at the dentist tomorrow.

@Seasick Sailor What a beautiful sunrise. And great pictures of you and DH yesterday, as well as the accessible cabin.

@mamaofami Good luck with the booster.

@kochleffel Interesting stories about St. Lucia Day. Sorry to hear about the fire at the priest's house.

@smitty34877 I hope the Ortho doc can offer some relief, if surgery can't be soon.

@Cruzin Terri I hope you two get lots of rest and rejuvenation while on your cruise.

@StLouisCruisers Prayers for DD's surgery and successful healing.

@ottahand7 Oh no on the furnace conking out again! I'm glad it's not too cold there, and hope they have all the parts. You're right to be glad you were home. Good news on DB's potential release. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the Manila photos.

@Sharon in AZ I hope the stomach troubles are over and done.

@Cruising-along Very cute Hershey's chocolate tree.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 8

We are having some cool, but fairly nice weather here.  No rain or snow forecasted for a week.  I have medical appointments for the next three days and will take Jacqui's @kazu advice and let Sara do the driving.

We lived in the Philippines from 1973 to 1976 at the Naval Air Station Cubi Point where I was the ground electronics officer.  This was when the Vietnam war wound down the Navy base there and at Subic Bay was receiving and processing refugees and sending them onward to Guam and the U.S.  Many of the first refugees were Chinese and Sara volunteered to help as an interpreter at the refugee center on Grande Island.  Saw some interesting things like a single seat fighter plane arrive from Vietnam with the pilot, his wife and three children aboard.  Prior to that time our ship stopped many times at Subic Bay.  Once we chartered a bus to visit the San Miguel Brewery in Manila.  We lined up to see if we could drink the beer as fast as they made it.  We could, for maybe 20 seconds.

We stopped in Manila in 2018 on the Coral Princess.  I will see if I can post a couple of pictures:P1010011.thumb.JPG.497d504d9b93a00515892847ec668e87.JPGP1010007.thumb.JPG.e8522dee6acd24b21490f64900fba330.JPG

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

Internet out most of the day.

Purple Haze Martini cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts DeKuyper® Pucker® Grape Schnapps
2 parts Pinnacle® Original Vodka
Splash Sour Mix
Splash Lemon-Lime Soda
Splash Grenadine

Instructions
Add ingredients to an ice-filled shaker. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass.

Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 2.53.26 PM.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 9

20 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I like cocoa (think I'll make some now), a salute to St. Lucia the martyr, and violins add a lot to orchestras. Lovely quote. I like the meal, pass on the drink, the wine sounds good.

I haven't been to Manila.

It's sunny but cold here today. I spent the first part of the morning collecting some information, then 2 hours on a Zoom call with my financial planner. I have a lot of stuff to carry down to the basement from the dining room, so I can pull it together for the holidays, but my knee is not very good. I don't think the gel injections have done much, although they said allow 6 weeks for full results. I really need to make up a grocery shopping list for the German Christmas meal I make for BFF and myself.

@MISTER 67 Good luck getting your account straightened out with HAL.

@rafinmd Thank you for our lists.

@grapau27 The inserts (orthotics?) can take some getting used to; sometimes they suggest starting out with only wearing them a couple of hours at first, then build up the time. Nice to be snug inside, with the snow outside.

@Lady Hudson Good luck with shopping. I hope all goes well for DH at the dentist tomorrow.

@Seasick Sailor What a beautiful sunrise. And great pictures of you and DH yesterday, as well as the accessible cabin.

@mamaofami Good luck with the booster.

@kochleffel Interesting stories about St. Lucia Day. Sorry to hear about the fire at the priest's house.

@smitty34877 I hope the Ortho doc can offer some relief, if surgery can't be soon.

@Cruzin Terri I hope you two get lots of rest and rejuvenation while on your cruise.

@StLouisCruisers Prayers for DD's surgery and successful healing.

@ottahand7 Oh no on the furnace conking out again! I'm glad it's not too cold there, and hope they have all the parts. You're right to be glad you were home. Good news on DB's potential release. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the Manila photos.

@Sharon in AZ I hope the stomach troubles are over and done.

@Cruising-along Very cute Hershey's chocolate tree.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

Thank you for your good advice Vanessa.

• Like 7

@Sharon in AZ

Hi my friend. The ship is pretty full. There seems to be a lot of crew members running around. 2 people we remember from last year is the tall blonde guy managing Canneletto and MDR, and Sao from Tamarind. 

I dont want to jinx us but internet is good. We will arrive in Bonaire tomorrow. Disappointed as the ship berth assignment can't accommodate our size so we have to tender until the ship can move to a new berth at 4. Wheelchair access is limited so we will miss our tour. That's ok, these things happen. We will just go to plan B after 4!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ger_77 said:

I looked up your town on the weather.gc.ca site; hopefully it applies and you don't get much snow until you're safely on your way.

Out of curiosity I went to look and their forecast is the same as the weather network’s which is not 2 cm’s.  Blizzard conditions later and we’ll just see what tomorrow brings.  It should calm down by the time I go and there should be time for the runway to clear things 🤞 I’ll be watching to see if the Toronto plane departs.  (If they think it’s too risky they don’t leave a plane stranded at our Mickey Mouse airport.)

I am checked in and mostly packed.  Santa deliveries are mostly done - no time for long visits which made me feel bad - but too many things and so little time - LOL.

6 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Prayers for my DD today as she is undergoing surgery on her foot. Hoping she heals quickly!🙏🏻

Winging prayers her way 🙏🏻 

5 hours ago, lindaler said:

Good morning all. Thanks Rich and all who contribute to make this such a great place. My count down continues. Today I finish the final touches to my suitcase and preparations outside to ready the house. Tomorrow my oldest comes to do laundry and get last minute instructions. Thursday I have cleaning help come in so I can come home to a clean house.

Glad you have some help and hope the weather doesn’t interfere with your travels 🤞 Wishing you very safe travels and a wonderful cruise!

4 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

This day 48 years ago, December 13, 1974, was a Friday and the day before Craig and I married.  We are going to celebrate by making lamb chops.

A very happy anniversary to you both 🙂.  

0E38ED8B-106F-49BA-9E1C-4EEF6AE2D1E8.gif.6dfa4d04732c30afaf7775554668d225.gif

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Thanks - whether it’s right or wrong - if I can get out - I’m going.

3 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

I had a nice visit with DB.  He was working with OT in the shower but I had a nice visit with DSIL.    She said DB may get released to home around 12/21.

Oh that would be wonderful.  I hope your DB will be released in time 🙏🏻 

2 hours ago, lazey1 said:

@kazugood on you for getting ready for your cruise from San Diego. Keeping my fingers that you will get to go and hjave a lovely time.

Me too.  Time will tell - I have a chance, I think.  Just checked in for the flight 🙂 

2 hours ago, lazey1 said:

@rafinmdPlease take me off the care list. I am feeling good and I am out of Covid isolation. One day last week when I was bored I did some searching around the HAL website and found what I think will be a perfect Ca. coastal Thanksgiving  2023 cruise for me. Need to contact my T.A. to get it done.

Happy to hear you are feeing better.  YAY - on putting your isolation to use and finding a cruise 👍 

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Thanks!  I appreciate everyone’s support.

Side note - While I was delivering my Santa gifts why was everyone asking me how much weight I have lost and if I am eating????  Can’t figure that one out - I don’t think I have lost that much - maybe 8 pounds?  

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Greetings Daily-ites! As always, thank you to all those who make this such a warm & welcoming spot, particularly Rich & Roy!

Bon voyage to those who are lucky to be heading off to cruises! Jacqui @kazu I hope your travels go smoothly tomorrow. And Happy Anniversary to @Sharon in AZ Sharon & Craig!

For the very first time, I had to cancel a cruise -- a B2B on NCL's Pride of America. Oh well. I filed the paperwork over the weekend, so we'll see how long the process takes & how much they agree to refund. The cruise was for next Feb., so cancellation came after final payment. The cardiologist was kind enough to fill out the required physician's statement, so I hope that will be sufficient,

I had my second cataract surgery last week, and both eyes are remarkably improved! Of course, the drops will continue for a few months, but I can deal with that!

I met with the PA at the cardiology practice last week & he upped the dosage of the AFib med to slow the heart rate, Still too fast for his liking. Hope this works! They are still waiting for the results of the "heart structure committee" review of the echocardiogram to determine the next steps. I learned something new -- what I call "a leaky heart valve" is more formally called "mitral regurgitation." Sounds much more impressive!

The best thing to happen over the weekend was that all the boxes with late DH's model train collection was moved to a storage unit, so I have my living room back! The Christmas tree goes up next weekend! I was starting to think I was going to have to settle for a tree-shaped pile of boxes with a star on top!!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good Evening Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today was an in office day.  Lunch today was provided by work so I had kale soup, it was pretty good.  I like hot cocoa, the best I had was on the Westerdam when they had a chocolate shop.  @kazu safe and uneventful travels tomorrow.  I hope everyone has a nice rest of the day.

image.png.387fbfa996135e7e8231e54177e5b9df.png

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Out of curiosity I went to look and their forecast is the same as the weather network’s which is not 2 cm’s.  Blizzard conditions later and we’ll just see what tomorrow brings.  It should calm down by the time I go and there should be time for the runway to clear things 🤞 I’ll be watching to see if the Toronto plane departs.  (If they think it’s too risky they don’t leave a plane stranded at our Mickey Mouse airport.)

I am checked in and mostly packed.  Santa deliveries are mostly done - no time for long visits which made me feel bad - but too many things and so little time - LOL.

Winging prayers her way 🙏🏻 

Glad you have some help and hope the weather doesn’t interfere with your travels 🤞 Wishing you very safe travels and a wonderful cruise!

A very happy anniversary to you both 🙂.  

0E38ED8B-106F-49BA-9E1C-4EEF6AE2D1E8.gif.6dfa4d04732c30afaf7775554668d225.gif

Thanks - whether it’s right or wrong - if I can get out - I’m going.

Oh that would be wonderful.  I hope your DB will be released in time 🙏🏻 

Me too.  Time will tell - I have a chance, I think.  Just checked in for the flight 🙂 

Happy to hear you are feeing better.  YAY - on putting your isolation to use and finding a cruise 👍 

Thanks!  I appreciate everyone’s support.

Side note - While I was delivering my Santa gifts why was everyone asking me how much weight I have lost and if I am eating????  Can’t figure that one out - I don’t think I have lost that much - maybe 8 pounds?  

Safe travels.  It's really pretty here in San Diego right now, after a good rain.  As others told you, Westgate is great -- many happy memories of events there over the years. 

If you run into any jams, reach out.  I'm typhoid Mary, but DH is healthy and always helpful.  Hope to meet soon.  😊

• Like 14

Good afternoon, all!  Busy day today , but I'm feeling a bit lethargic, we got our boosters yesterday and today we learned our neighbour (who sat beside me for couple of hours on Friday at Happy Hour,) tested positive yesterday and is feeling pretty miserable..  Pat had his keratoses zapped today (I gave him my appointment) and they were large enough that the doctor wants him to come back in January to check them.  I went to Walmart, didn't find the jelly beans I was looking for, but I got a  toy for grandpuppy Oskar for Christmas.  Evidently he is obsessed with squirrels, but I couldn't find one, so he will have to make do with a chipmunk. At least it has two squeakers!

We moved to Manila in 1948, as the Communists were coming in to Shanghai,  I lived there with my parents until 1952, when I became very anaemic and was sent to Victoria to boarding school.  My mother loved the heat, I didn't!  I will attach one of my father's paintings - of Manila Harbour.  You wouldn't want to have been cruising there then...

IMG_2155.thumb.jpeg.94eb45de973e08e4503d192befc1ada2.jpeg

I certainly hope Jacqui gets away safely!  We are looking forward to seeing her after Christmas, and we hope all goes smoothly with her (and our) travels.  I'm beginning to think that winter travel is something it is better to avoid!

• Like 21

Good day and very late due to a visit from the appliance gremlin!  DH came home from his dermatologist and Sigh, the fridge died this morning!  Luckily we were able to arrange for a replacement tomorrow and it’s cold enough outside to act as a fridge!   So dinner will be interesting!   My concerns are so trivial to what some of you are dealing with. 

Is it just me or are there more people ill with Covid lately?  I seem to know a number who have avoided it until now.  

@smitty34877 so glad you have a date!   

10 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning from a very chilly NY. My Swedish grandmother,as the oldest girl would wear the Lucia candles and deliver pastries to her parents for this special day. I remember my mother telling me that she refused the candles but did “deliver the goods”. I like hot chocolate  and cocoa drinks but rarely have them. We have not been to Manila. The recipes look great but will be tried on another day. I made vegetarian chili yesterday for tonight.

I see an orthopedist this afternoon and have my fingers crossed that I can be scheduled for surgery soon. We are concerned as hospitals in the area are full with patients not only with Covid but RSV and Flu complications. 

@kazu, I join everyone else in praying that you are able to get to your cruise.

@AncientWanderer, sorry to hear  that you have Covid. I hope you start to recover soon.

Take care everyone.

3 hours ago, NextOne said:

Greetings Daily-ites! As always, thank you to all those who make this such a warm & welcoming spot, particularly Rich & Roy!

Bon voyage to those who are lucky to be heading off to cruises! Jacqui @kazu I hope your travels go smoothly tomorrow. And Happy Anniversary to @Sharon in AZ Sharon & Craig!

For the very first time, I had to cancel a cruise -- a B2B on NCL's Pride of America. Oh well. I filed the paperwork over the weekend, so we'll see how long the process takes & how much they agree to refund. The cruise was for next Feb., so cancellation came after final payment. The cardiologist was kind enough to fill out the required physician's statement, so I hope that will be sufficient,

I had my second cataract surgery last week, and both eyes are remarkably improved! Of course, the drops will continue for a few months, but I can deal with that!

I met with the PA at the cardiology practice last week & he upped the dosage of the AFib med to slow the heart rate, Still too fast for his liking. Hope this works! They are still waiting for the results of the "heart structure committee" review of the echocardiogram to determine the next steps. I learned something new -- what I call "a leaky heart valve" is more formally called "mitral regurgitation." Sounds much more impressive!

The best thing to happen over the weekend was that all the boxes with late DH's model train collection was moved to a storage unit, so I have my living room back! The Christmas tree goes up next weekend! I was starting to think I was going to have to settle for a tree-shaped pile of boxes with a star on top!!

Glad the cataract surgery went well and hope they can get settle your A fib soon. 

@kazu sending my wishes that you will be safely on your way! 
@Seasick Sailor have a blast, lovely stateroom! 

stay safe all! 

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3