Reserve Collection

Tak8

When did Club Class minis become Reserve Collection?  I was on Caribbean Princess in May and enjoyed Club Class dining again.  I was just looking at the Regal Princess for a May '24 Europe cruise and the mini-suites are listed as Mini-Suite and Reserve Collection Mini-Suite.  Description same as CC.

1 minute ago, Tak8 said:

When did Club Class minis become Reserve Collection?  I was on Caribbean Princess in May and enjoyed Club Class dining again.  I was just looking at the Regal Princess for a May '24 Europe cruise and the mini-suites are listed as Mini-Suite and Reserve Collection Mini-Suite.  Description same as CC.

Name change happened a month or two back when they introduced more details about Sun Princess.. CC has been renamed . No change in "amenities".

2 minutes ago, Tak8 said:

Along about the same time as they changed the prices online for things such as, onboard services.  That went into effect on Dec 14th.

2 minutes ago, Tak8 said:

I noticed this some time last week, I think. I can't see that anything changes for Grand and Royal class.

Remember... John Padgett is "in charge" and he is a Marketing guy. Reserve Collection sounds more snooty than Club Class. To a marketing person that is an improvement

and I'll add.. 

images (3).jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I believe that they are starting to align names in preparation for the Sun. I expect after the Sun launches you will see additional changes to the reserve collection, such as a different menu from the MDR and potentially other changes as ships go through dry dock cycles. Kind of like what happened with Celebrity Infinity class ships.

We're also curious if "360" is going to eventually expand to the Sun as well as some of the other newer ships in the fleet. We were looking at the article today and it does look like fun, especially if it continues to be free for those in suites. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...
12 minutes ago, braxx20 said:

What is Reserve Collection? Is that a complimentary dining venue/

It is a section of the MDR for Reserved Mini Suites (formerly Club Class) and suites.  Usually on Deck 6.  They have the same MDR menu with a few additional daily selections.  The staff is terrific and it seems as though pp ratio is better.  You do not need reservations and can usually walk in and be seated within 0 - 15 minutes if you don't care about same wait staff team.  They all help each other out.  

Thankyou. I have a couple of other questions and I hope you can help:

1:Do the three main dining rooms all have the same menu?

2: Is there an extra charge for the Crown Grill?

3; Is there a charge for the pastries in the International Grill?

4: The outside deck areas seem to be few. Where will we be able to view the TSE?

5: Is there a Library with real books?

Thank you for your advice!

38 minutes ago, braxx20 said:

1:Do the three main dining rooms all have the same menu? Yes

2: Is there an extra charge for the Crown Grill? Yes; it is specialty dining

3; Is there a charge for the pastries in the International Grill? No. Fancy cakes are not free, but included in Plus or Premium

4: The outside deck areas seem to be few. Where will we be able to view the TSE? You will find a spot

5: Is there a Library with real books? Yes, but very few books. Mostly games. Bring you Kindle or IPad for books

See above

1 hour ago, braxx20 said:

1:Do the three main dining rooms all have the same menu?

2: Is there an extra charge for the Crown Grill?

3; Is there a charge for the pastries in the International Grill?

4: The outside deck areas seem to be few. Where will we be able to view the TSE?

5: Is there a Library with real books?

Here is some extra information

Reserve Class Dining is only available to passengers that are booked in Reserve Class mini suites or full suites. No one else.

The Crown Grill is specialty Dining. If you have the Premier Fare Package you are able to dine there twice without additional charge. Without the package you will be charged, I think it's $46 but not certain.

The International Cafe has pastries in the morning. From lunchtime onwards it has a selection of sandwiches, I think some salads, cookies and some other items. It's all at no extra charge. Late night they have some platters of fruit, cheese, things like that. It's open 24 hours. They also have some specialty desserts. Plus fare you get 2/day. With the Premium fare they are unlimited. Standard fare there is a $12 charge. They are very goppy looking, not to my taste.

TSE. Is this the sail away? Any upper deck. There will be a deck party at the main LIDO Pool and the deck above. There is lots of space up there. Another popular is the Terrace Pool area all the way aft on the Lido deck.

The Emerald has a larger library then the newer ships. In what seems like the distant past passengers would come on board with paperback books and leave them, exchange them and so on. Now most people have electronic books. 

Edited by skynight