Harmony of the seas right now, my AC broke and RC could care less HELP!

This is the worst vacation I have ever had.  I know you guys are biased  and will most likely give me a lot of flack for this post but I need to get it off my chest before I explode  

The ship is the exact same as the other ships in this class we have sailed like the oasis, allure and symphony. The only difference is this ship is really old it seems. When we first got here the stateroom was gross. It was dirty and dusty, it was in really bad shape. Maybe the state room attendant was having a bad day or something so I gave him the benefit of the doubt and I didn’t really mind. Our balcony door barely opens. It is just terrible. The food is just all-around awful. I’ve never had so much burnt old food in my life. the staff, well, I should say most of them, I’ve been nothing but rude and just awful. The freestyle Coke machines always broken like I mean always there have been several times where none of them have been working. Why did I pay $250 for a cup if none of them work?  One of our ports got cancelled and they did nothing about it. 

But I don’t even care about any of that, however, what I do care about is that OUR AC broke and they couldn’t care less. They don’t give a flying crap and won’t do anything to help us. Maintenance came over twice and gave us some copout answer by saying that when the sun goes down, the AC will work, however, three hours later when the sun went down, the AC is still broken. So now I have to spend the rest of my trip in a hot and uncomfortable room? I’d rather be at home with the snow. This is my ninth cruise and they just don’t care about their customers I guess so I don’t care about them either. I’m going to be switching cruise lines because this is pathetic! 

1 minute ago, fuglynchalenged said:

But I don’t even care about any of that, however, what I do care about is that OUR AC broke and they couldn’t care less.

If you point out the issues, calmly, to someone who can do something about it (not on CC), they might.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

If you point out the issues, calmly, to someone who can do something about it (not on CC), they might.

Agree. Speak calmly with Maintenance and the Housekeeping Manager to get answers/repairs as I've always found them to be more than helpful. 

If the Freestyle machine(s) isn't working, as was one case on Oasis last week, RC will put a crew member there with ice and canned sodas & bottled water to fulfill the requirements.

Wishing you a positive outcome! Relax and do try to enjoy yourself.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, fuglynchalenged said:

This is the worst vacation I have ever had.  I know you guys are biased  and will most likely give me a lot of flack for this post but I need to get it off my chest before I explode  

The ship is the exact same as the other ships in this class we have sailed like the oasis, allure and symphony. The only difference is this ship is really old it seems. When we first got here the stateroom was gross. It was dirty and dusty, it was in really bad shape. Maybe the state room attendant was having a bad day or something so I gave him the benefit of the doubt and I didn’t really mind. Our balcony door barely opens. It is just terrible. The food is just all-around awful. I’ve never had so much burnt old food in my life. the staff, well, I should say most of them, I’ve been nothing but rude and just awful. The freestyle Coke machines always broken like I mean always there have been several times where none of them have been working. Why did I pay $250 for a cup if none of them work?  One of our ports got cancelled and they did nothing about it. 

But I don’t even care about any of that, however, what I do care about is that OUR AC broke and they couldn’t care less. They don’t give a flying crap and won’t do anything to help us. Maintenance came over twice and gave us some copout answer by saying that when the sun goes down, the AC will work, however, three hours later when the sun went down, the AC is still broken. So now I have to spend the rest of my trip in a hot and uncomfortable room? I’d rather be at home with the snow. This is my ninth cruise and they just don’t care about their customers I guess so I don’t care about them either. I’m going to be switching cruise lines because this is pathetic! 

My cabin on liberty the button to flush the toilet didnt hardly work. Called maintenance 6 times. Things do break. Had one they obviously forgot to vacuum on grandeur.  Keep calling maintenance.  You arent the first or last with a issue. Just keep calling. Lol I had the room for 2 weeks. My finger hurt from having to push the button so many times. They finally got it to work better.

Sorry. Harmony is rather new actually  ... sometimes things just need fixing. 

1 hour ago, poocher said:

Was on her in March, ship was amazing.  If the AC doesn’t work, open the door to the balcony at night.  At least you’ll have fresh air.

LOL. We had some friends that did that one year going down the Mississippi river in April on Grandeur. He wanted to hear the water. ☺️ When they woke up in the morning there was a four-inch strip of bugs all around their cabin ceiling. They made me come over to look. I said, "Wow. I have never seen that many bugs that look like a wallpaper strip or crown moulding. ☺️ There were literally thousands of them.  They dropped off and died, once the AC came back on. (And no. I am not suggesting you should leave your balcony door open.) It was just interesting. 

You need to bump it up to a maintenance supervisor (calmly) if you are not getting it fixed.  

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, fuglynchalenged said:

Looks like you had a major complaint about your March cruise last year too. Perhaps trying a different kind of vacation instead of just switching lines should be explored. No shame in saying cruising is not for you. 

• Like 12

3 hours ago, fuglynchalenged said:

I know you guys are biased  and will most likely give me a lot of flack for this post but I need to get it off my chest before I explode  

Here's the thing with CC:

most of us are extremely sympathetic to those who are having a bad time on their vacations. We all understand the expense we all put toward our cruise vacations and we want them to be 10/10 every time.

The thing is, when you come to these boards and complain about every single aspect (and it genuinely seems like every single aspect) of your current vacation, we (I) can't help but wonder if it's not all just on RCL. I'm sure there are areas where RCL could do better by you, but it seems like you might just not be happy either way. When ports are cancelled, usually your port fees and taxes are refunded- surely they did that at least?

As for your AC, you might calmly go to guest services in person and request help. When maintenance comes, speak to them with grace and see what they say. If the issue isn't resolved, ask for help at guest services again. You might have to switch cabins or something, but I've found they are way, way more likely to help when you approach them with kindness (to the tune of a free extended balcony upgrade for me on my last RCL cruise).

• Like 14

11 hours ago, fuglynchalenged said:

Some of these issues occurred on our October Oasis sail.  The A/C and shower plumbing were not working properly in my son's cabin.  They maintenance guys went thru a checklist--keep drapes closed during the day, make sure that the sliding door to the balcony is closed, etc.  None of these solutions worked.  The shower water temperature was always at the hottest mode.  

Thank God no issues with my cabin as they were able to take showers there.

They went to GS and complained about the amount of time that it was taking to fix the situation.

After a few days the problems were corrected and for their inconvenience received $10% of the current cruise fare (- T&F) towards a future cruise.

• Like 2

Politeness goes a long way in these situations.  We had a problem with lack of AC and an odor in our cabin on the Allure in December.    Initially we were told all was fine with the AC and the smell wasn't mentioned.  But then that night, we got a call offering to move us to another cabin of the same category.  We took it and were all moved in less than two hours.

The new cabin was cool and had no odor.  We later figured out the odor we were smelling was marijuana.  Long story on how we deduced that. 

Now, if there are no extra cabins and they can't fix the problem, they will tend to stonewall you, especially on temperature issues. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, poocher said:

Was on her in March, ship was amazing.  If the AC doesn’t work, open the door to the balcony at night.  At least you’ll have fresh air.

Probably why AC isn't working. Their neighbors are doing that.😉🤣🤣

• Like 8

Apparently, there were mechanical issues in the room/cabin as well.  I'd believe that a lot more than the rest.  Things brake or don't function to their optimum.  Yes, I've had toilet issues (the sound of water running, constantly) and AC not as cool as I'd like it. But, never all at once and not on the same ship, single cruise.   Note:  The toilet was never fixed.  The A/C started working fine after we got out to sea, but never saw a maintenance worker work on it.  

I still find it hard to believe that a cabin can be so neglected, especially with a constant turnover, so bad that dust can accumulate to the point of complaining about it.  NO, I'm not accusing anyone of lying.  I just have my doubts.  Especially if you take the sum of the complaints/issues.  The cabin would have to be unused for several days, which is doubtful or sit in port for several days with the balcony door open.  JMHO

I’m one of those people who wipe the cabin down before we move in.  Most of the time they are pretty clean but once in a while my wipes are very dirty.  I just do it and leave it at that.  And sometimes Henry doesn’t do a good job of vacuuming.  Oh well.  

We laughed about the last issue on Grandeur.  You’d push the toilet flusher and it’d take up to a minute but then would flush.  So you’d be out in the room after washing your hands and all the sudden it would flush.  We just laughed about that quirky one. No biggie.

Each time you report something not working it’s supposed to be logged.  I’m sure that doesn’t always happen but if you’re Diamond or above or in a suite let the concierge take care of it,  be kind and not demanding.  Otherwise go to GS and take the same approach. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

in the end keep calling and when asked shoot for a 30% credit, settle on 20%. 

You bring up a good point, honestly.

OP needs to decide what a reasonable resolution to the issue is and present that to guest services. Guest services and RCL at large can't help someone who is just going to complain about every single thing about their vacation.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, fuglynchalenged said:

The freestyle Coke machines always broken like I mean always there have been several times where none of them have been working. Why did I pay $250 for a cup if none of them work?

you paid HOW MUCH for a soda package?????

16 hours ago, fuglynchalenged said:

the AC is still broken.

we learned the hard way that on the Allure the master switch in the cabin must always be on for the AC to work. We didn't know that and I kept turning it off, until I complained to our cabin attendant that our AC was broken.

If it's truly broken, I'd camp out in front of Guest Services until they transfer us or fix it.

P.S. Harmony is by no means an old ship. We were on it a year ago and it was shiny and new.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, firefly333 said:

My cabin on liberty the button to flush the toilet didnt hardly work. Called maintenance 6 times.

I don't want to highjack the thread, but this also happened to me on Liberty. I finally figured out if I turned on the tap in the sink and let the water run for a bit, I could get enough pressure in the pipes or whatever to make the toilet flush. I thought I would mention it in case others run into the same problem and maintenance isn't able to quickly fix the problem. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We laughed about the last issue on Grandeur.  You’d push the toilet flusher and it’d take up to a minute but then would flush.  So you’d be out in the room after washing your hands and all the sudden it would flush.  We just laughed about that quirky one. No biggie.

What about when you do a #2 and the damn thing wont flush for 2-3 minutes.😄

Embarrassing?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nelblu said:

What about when you do a #2 and the damn thing wont flush for 2-3 minutes.😄

Embarrassing?

Oh man, I have so many comments I could make to that.  But, none are appropriate!

• Thanks 1

We had a problem with toilet not flushing , we were in a grand suite on brilliance, happened a couple of times , they fixed it , but then repeated problems, concierge gave us 700 towards a future cruise . You definitely can get quicker service in suites. 

OP, You say you are in a balcony cabin. Almost every time someone says their AC doesn't work, they are in a balcony cabin, and either they, or a cabin in the nearby area, have left the balcony door open, or at least not locked tight.  One door ajar will affect the AC in the surrounding cabins, and not in a good way.

• Like 5