The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday January 27th, 2023

rafinmd

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

oh my gosh, when reading this, I thought you were going to say your DH drove all the way home before he realized you were still at the WM!  LOL

Thanks to everyone for all the welcome back comments, it’s nice to have been missed!

I read it the same way! I had to go back and reread it to understand that I guess DH stayed behind the wheel when he had to move the car back into the parking lot.

51 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

It's been  an interesting  week and not in a good way.  No real progress today and to top it off returning from the fire house I took a spill bringing my trash can back to the house.  I don;t think there;s major damage but I'm very banged up, especially my right hand and elbow.  The one good thing is that I did finish preparing the 1099'd for the fire house.

Roy

Oh, Roy, sorry about the spill and your not feeling better yet. Please take care of yourself!

My stomach has been upset all afternoon. So I'm sipping chicken broth for dinner. Just when I thought things had straightened out. I think I will go to bed early.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

It's been  an interesting  week and not in a good way.  No real progress today and to top it off returning from the fire house I took a spill bringing my trash can back to the house.  I don;t think there;s major damage but I'm very banged up, especially my right hand and elbow.  The one good thing is that I did finish preparing the 1099'd for the fire house.

Roy

Roy... oh no! Please take care. I'm so sorry you took a spill! I tripped taking the trash can OUT last night! Skinned a knee, but just hurt my pride...

I hope and pray your cold is healing.  Xx

• Like 10

The cake turned out to be a big hit, but I'm going to have to walk more to keep it from settling around my waistline.

9 hours ago, 0106 said:

If you are in Washington DC, I encourage you to visit the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.

I taught Night to my 10th grade World Literature students and afterwards we would visit the museum.  I don’t know if you can imagine what the usual field trip is like with high school students.  Many students are loud and unfocused; this was true of our hour long bus ride to DC.  But the moment we entered the museum, a hush came over them.  They were engaged;  they could see what they had read.  The shoes, the train, the crematorium …the bus ride home was always silent.  I have been to the museum more than 10 times and it still makes an impact.  This is a poster from the museum gift shop.

7BA31F75-332C-4E1B-9B08-96CE9B4D141F.jpeg.8015af75610d4d729fa45e9b1818c36e.jpeg

https://www.ushmm.org/

My guess is your students will never forget the book or the field trip to the Holocaust Museum.  That was a great way to get the lesson to become real.

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

oh my gosh, when reading this, I thought you were going to say your DH drove all the way home before he realized you were still at the WM!  LOL

Thanks to everyone for all the welcome back comments, it’s nice to have been missed!

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

I read it the same way! I had to go back and reread it to understand that I guess DH stayed behind the wheel when he had to move the car back into the parking lot.

Oh, Roy, sorry about the spill and your not feeling better yet. Please take care of yourself!

My stomach has been upset all afternoon. So I'm sipping chicken broth for dinner. Just when I thought things had straightened out. I think I will go to bed early.

Gerry and Vanessa, after reading my sentence, I realized how it read to others.  That's what happens when I try to post while trying to get the icing to thicken and cool.  Yes, DH moved the car to the parking lot and waited for me.  Then, he drove home.  But that doesn't mean he hasn't driven home only to remember he was supposed to pick me up.  That happened nearly 50 years ago after I started working near his office, and it only happened once.  I hadn't thought about that in decades until I read your comments.

Vanessa, I'm sorry your stomach is bothering you again.  I hope you feel better in the morning, and the doctors can figure out what is causing the problem.

Roy

Roy, I sorry you took a spill, but glad you don't think there is any serious damage.  Take it easy this weekend and get better.

Lenda

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

@rafinmd When wounding myself, I do the shower test.  Take a hot shower, if it feels better good, but it may bring out the bruises, and you can rethink about having someone take a look at the injuries.

About Fawn,  Well she is still lurking around the house, and running away from us both.  She is only 5 years old, maybe 6 she showed up one day in the yard.  Not thinking dementia, thinking she has been abused while wandering in the hood (their is an idiot behind us that shoots animals)  or because she loved to nuzzle mr. Bubbles and he had an ear infection, she might have picked it up.  Her left ear is extremely red, and from what I could see the inside is VERY red, like bleeding.  Well Bubbles must have been worried, because he left the porch, and went out front, (where Fawn had been sleeping, in his old "day" bed), but after we got back from dinner, she wobbled into the car port, and then onto the porch, and DH closed the door, and she is in her own bed, with the heater on the porch.

Now I called the vets to see if they would sell us some anitbiotic for the cat, that we could sneak into some food, and maybe help with what is going on, they said no, they would have to see the cat. (HA!) or we could bring in Bubbles and get the meds for him, and share the meds.  Bubbles would not pass any vet test to stay alive.  But Fawn loves him, so we knew when he showed up, that what ever he got or had, she would get.  So, I crumbled up a baby aspirin, put it in some cream, and set it out.  I either over medicated her, Bubbles, a racoon or a possum.  Any way, she will stay on the porch until we can get her to a vet, or the infection clears up.  If it is an injury from a human, I will rattle this neighbor hood.  Our Furnando who showed up looking to be adopted, was shot several times with a bb gun, and the little bbs will be in him forever.  I really am not sure that I like some humans very much!

@iluvthe-cWelcome to the best group of humans you will ever "meet".

@ger_77I am so glad you are home.  I have missed you and your meal report, that always makes me want to come over for comfort food.😸

I did like the new doc, but there were some problems, and I will explain tomorrow. 

Hugs to all!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Here’s one of them. This was my first one, made from drapery silk I got DTLA some 18 years ago. I think it was like $6/ yard, and it took 10 yards. I ended going back and finding a companion fabric a few months later for the stomacher. It was the most I had ever spent on a gown at that time, and with the time expended, I decided it was worth it to go with good fabrics. I don’t have “anonymous” pictures of the other 2.

45415268-F71C-4D9D-A4C3-31C8E81FAF91.thumb.jpeg.2941eb442f1960d26d9a40c1ff418779.jpeg

Extraordinary dress.  What an engaging hobby you have!  
Quite a treat to see this. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Roy

Yikes, Roy… take it easy!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Roy I recently took a tumble and they ate not fun, Take care of yourself and be more conscious as to what your doing,

• Like 6

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Roy, sorry you took a tumble.  Hope you are not hurting too bad.  

You are doing an awful lot.  Try to put some stuff on hold and take it easy a bit.

Prayers for you.,

Terri

• Like 6

7 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Yikes. Roy 😱 please get things checked to be safe.  You might have done same damage other than a broken bone - hope not 🙏🏻 And please rest.

6 hours ago, JazzyV said:

I hope you are feeling better today 🤞 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Take care Roy.

Sorry to hear you had a fall.

Graham.

Screenshot_20221224_105757.jpg

• Like 5

In reading yesterday's Daily this morning I'm worried about Roy.  I hope he's just so tired he's sleeping in. 

I see there's no Daily for today posted yet and am willing to post one but just hope three or four of us don't post one at the same time.  Lol

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JazzyV said:

I hope you feel better in the morning Vanessa.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

In reading yesterday's Daily this morning I'm worried about Roy.  I hope he's just so tired he's sleeping in. 

I see there's no Daily for today posted yet and am willing to post one but just hope three or four of us don't post one at the same time.  Lol

I will hold off, if you plan to do it Sandi. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I hope Roy is okay too.

We had a nice breakfast this morning.

IMG_20230128_092656.jpg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, cat shepard said:

I will hold off, if you plan to do it Sandi. 

Okay did it.  My computer is acting slow this morning so I'm glad it didn't give me trouble.  Off to look for port information.  If anyone knows anything about Roy this morning please let us know he's okay.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Okay did it.  My computer is acting slow this morning so I'm glad it didn't give me trouble.  Off to look for port information.  If anyone knows anything about Roy this morning please let us know he's okay.

Thank you Sandi. Praying that all is well with Roy. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you.

Hope Roy is okay.  Maybe he's just a little achy from his fall and is slow moving this morning.  Hope we hear from him soon.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, marshhawk said:

If it is an injury from a human, I will rattle this neighbor hood.  Our Furnando who showed up looking to be adopted, was shot several times with a bb gun, and the little bbs will be in him forever.  I really am not sure that I like some humans very much!

GRR!  If I ever saw someone shooting at a cat or dog....I think I would go ballistic. 😞  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2