Shorts in the dinning room

13 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Yes, he would (and has) helped me multiple times.  Saved me many hours of work cutting trees and moving wood.  Still need to use the backhoe to dig out my back bank to either put a shed or built a garage.  Also need to use it to demolish my deck and dig footers for a patio.  Plus I need to pull my old shed across the yard to drop a huge popular tree.

P.S.  I'm actually the one that usually parks the backhoe in my yard.

P.P.S.  My diesel garden tractor is actually parked in his garage.  😄

You two would be a perfect fit in my neighborhood.  Tractors and skid steers help each other here all the time. 

6 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

But ... what if you had to wear pants to use it?  🙃

Probably more like a tank top. 😉

1 hour ago, Tatka said:

Bummer is that some people don’t understand simple rules of coexistence.

Maybe they live in the woods and just come out for cruises? Who knows. 

I’m honestly so glad that what I wear bugs you so very much. So nice to help ruin your experience. And I know you will try to make me look bad, but I’m not the one judging people on their looks ALONE. 

The idea that you have the idea that what other people wear is a rule for coexistence….  Wow. You can look away. So I can travel light. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

I’m honestly so glad that what I wear bugs you so very much. So nice to help ruin your experience. And I know you will try to make me look bad, but I’m not the one judging people on their looks ALONE. 

The idea that you have the idea that what other people wear is a rule for coexistence….  Wow. You can look away. So I can travel light. 

If you wear crocs to MDR then it’s not me, but you making yourself looking bad. If you are experiencing joy when people feel uncomfortable next to  you then I feel for you. Talk to healthcare professionals.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tatka said:

If you wear crocs to MDR then it’s not me, but you making yourself looking bad. If you are experiencing joy when people feel uncomfortable next to  you then I feel for you. Talk to healthcare professionals.

Why would a croc make you feel uncomfortable?  It is under the table, it can't hurt you.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Okay, I'll bite. Why would anyone feel uncomfortable if someone else is wearing Crocs?

Personally, I hate Crocs. I find them incredibly tacky and ugly, but I know loads of people like them. What difference is it to me what someone else wears? Seriously, I don't get it.

Not to mention...there are floor-length tablecloths covering the tables, so how would I even be able to see what the person sitting at the table next to me is wearing?

• Like 3

Just now, reallyitsmema said:

Why would a croc make you feel uncomfortable?  It is under the table, it can't hurt you.

With tables so close they are pretty much near my table. 

Also this is just a start.., wait for some time adj you will see people in swimming suits with dripping water in MDR

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DukeASUGirl said:

Okay, I'll bite. Why would anyone feel uncomfortable if someone else is wearing Crocs?

Personally, I hate Crocs. I find them incredibly tacky and ugly, but I know loads of people like them. What difference is it to me what someone else wears? Seriously, I don't get it.

Not to mention...there are floor-length tablecloths covering the tables, so how would I even be able to see what the person sitting at the table next to me is wearing?

You are joking about floor lengths of table clothes? 

2 minutes ago, DukeASUGirl said:

May be an image of flag and text that says 'GRAY PRIDE WE'RE OLD, WE'RE TIRED GET OFF OUR LAWN!'

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Tatka said:

With tables so close they are pretty much near my table. 

Also this is just a start.., wait for some time adj you will see people in swimming suits with dripping water in MDR

You don't cruise that much if you have never seen a bathing suit in the MDR.

49 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Live and let live, and turn the other cheek seem to be two easy ones.

Another simple rule for coexistence; do not judge, or you too will be judged.  🤷‍♂️

I suppose you will be happy sitting in MDR near burping and forgive my language farting person. Don’t forget “live and let live”. 🙂  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

You don't cruise that much if you have never seen a bathing suit in the MDR.

Years ago on a budget cruise line, one kid wore a bathing suit to dinner every night except formal night ... he wore shorts that night.  Even so, he usually dressed better than his parents.

5 minutes ago, Tatka said:

You are joking about floor lengths of table clothes? 

I just went back and checked my photos, and you are correct. It isn't floor length - looks to be about a foot betwen bottom of tablecloth and the floor. But my point still stands - you would have to be really looking to see what type of shoes people are wearing under the table.

Seriously, who stares at other people that closely? I spend my time caring about my dining companions and my meal, and couldn't care less about the others in the dining room. 

Really, it's quite creepy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tatka said:

I suppose you will be happy sitting in MDR near burping and forgive my language farting person. Don’t forget “live and let live”. 🙂  

People are like cars, eventually they all spring a leak with time and age. Just be happy it’s gas and not a fluid or solid. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Are you equating a person that burps and/or farts with people that wear shorts into the MDR? Man, that's a stretch.  And I will say, you have been very insulting!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

Years ago on a budget cruise line, one kid wore a bathing suit to dinner every night except formal night ... he wore shorts that night.  Even so, he usually dressed better than his parents.

We were on Mariner back in 2006 and a woman in a bikini top and a sarong came into the MDR at lunch.  Back then, they filled up large tables with multiple parties and didn't like sitting people at tables of two at lunch.  This woman was arguing that she had a coverup and should be allowed to eat there.  They let her.

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We were on Mariner back in 2006 and a woman in a bikini top and a sarong came into the MDR at lunch.  Back then, they filled up large tables with multiple parties and didn't like sitting people at tables of two at lunch.  This woman was arguing that she had a coverup and should be allowed to eat there.  They let her.

Imagine what it would be like with a bikini from the 2020s. Under-boob is now a look. That would throw some off their food for sure.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, DukeASUGirl said:

I just went back and checked my photos, and you are correct. It isn't floor length - looks to be about a foot betwen bottom of tablecloth and the floor. But my point still stands - you would have to be really looking to see what type of shoes people are wearing under the table.

Seriously, who stares at other people that closely? I spend my time caring about my dining companions and my meal, and couldn't care less about the others in the dining room. 

Really, it's quite creepy.

Trust me, I cruise 5 times a year and enjoy every second. The very last thing I’d like to do is staring at other people. However unlike other cruises this one (maybe due to it being 5 days?) featured excess of weirdness. In case of crocs I’d prefer to unsee it. However they happened to be too close … together with hairy legs of its owner.

I don’t know.. in some reason I remembered Cousin Eddie from National Lampoon Vacations. Did you watch this movie? 

Edited by Tatka