The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday June 29th, 2023

richwmn

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here! 

@cruising sister Prayers that Murphy's medical complications can be overcome.

Love today's quote. I miss the "News from Lake Wobegon."

I have three different Sony A6XXX bodies that Sue and I to use. Each body can be used with any of the lenses that I have. Great for different photo effects. An A6500 is my primary, Sue uses an A6400, and I carry an A6000 body as a spare. Having the lens mount commonality makes it very convenient for traveling.

The painters are making good progress without the rain. A quick shot of the new darker color for the body. Some of the trim is looking dark because it is in shadow. It will eventually be white.

0628231754.thumb.jpg.1e5f86e8afe0ef1f12619617724b6eff.jpg

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 24

Thanks for our Thursday Daily, Rich.

Interesting collection of days.  DD DH was a huge camera nut.   They have all found new homes.  I do have one I like but honestly I used my phone for all pics last time, so I don’t know if I will bother taking my camera next time.  I’ll pass on mud - there’s enough here with all the rain and no one to hug.

I LOVE today’s quote.  It is so true and I confess I have said something similar on more than one occasion.  Today’s meal sounds delish if I could find someone to make it for me 😉 I don’t feel badly about today’s wine’s price since it’s red LOL.  We really enjoyed Ushuaia when we visited the ‘end of the world’.  Thanks @StLouisCruisers I remember that rock and the sign.  Good memories 🙂 

IMG_3864.jpeg.0c6ad3ea9a86da4bba3ae0219cabcad2.jpeg

Busy day yesterday - putting some finishing touches on a canal cruise in Amsterdam and then a post got me riled.  So, I figured it best to get off CC until I calmed down. There’s always one ‘sigh’.  My sweet neighbour was over for a visit and we had a wonderful long chat.  She brought my sister’s birthday gift she had ordered for me.  (My neighbour is a very talented sculptress and doesn’t do little jobs - but she did it for my sister and me).  It’s beautiful and going on my cruise for sure.

IMG_1717.jpeg.bce0d09ec4ba3d02a22c111e317674bd.jpeg

@Oceansaway17 Bon Voyage!

Ann, @Vict0riann  I hope the physio helps.  It should.  And yes, (assuming it works) if you find you have this again head straight to the physio.  I am so sorry to hear you have had to make the decision to cancel a cruise but health is first.  Prayers for Pat and recovery to be his healthy self again 🙏🏻 

@cruising sister my prayers for Murphy and her surgery.  🙏🏻 Prayers that her surgeons are especially skilled 🙏🏻 

@luvteaching Karen best wishes today with your difficult visit to the funeral home 😢.  Your idea for a Celebration of Life later is a good one.  If it is of any help, I did a burial at sea with some of DD DH’s ashes on the Oosterdam and they did a really nice job.  I am so glad you have people with you and hope God can help give you strength in these horrific days. 🙏🏻 You are in my heart and my prayers.

Oh Terry, @smitty34877 I am so sorry to hear about complications.  I pray it is not too serious 🙏🏻 Best wishes for your meeting with the surgical oncology team 🙏🏻 

It is so dark here with the clouds & rain it looks like night.  4th day in a row.  I guess it’s applicable with all the sadness & worries for so many of our Daily-ites.

Prayers for those on the Care list & those that need them.  Cheers 🥂 to those celebrating.

IMG_3865.thumb.jpeg.e66003a8f700b3810b662b0c8e958233.jpeg

Have a great Thursday everyone !!!!!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

@StLouisCruisers I just received an email from Shutterfly re their 4th of July sale for free unlimited photo book pages - I'm sure you're going to be a busy lady!!

Forgot to mention our new door and sidelights were installed yesterday - it was seamless from beginning to end.  The 2 fellows were fast, efficient, courteous, and cleaned up everything, including wet mopping the inside floor area.  It doesn't look terribly different from our old, but with privacy glass, I no longer have to worry about curtains for the sidelights.  And they installed a peep hole viewer, since we can no longer just look past the curtain to see who's out there.  Yay!

• Like 27

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  June 29, 1313 was certainly a sad day in London.  I'll pass on the mud but celebrate hugs and cameras.  I've been to Ushuaia 4 times, embarking Professor Multinovski there in 1997, then Crystal Symphony in 2016, Zaandam in 2017, and Prinsendam in 2019.  I love that quote by Kieler.   I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Indonesian Tea goodies as served on MS Prinsendam June 2, 2015.

indonesian1.jpg

Roy

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately more sad news. The father of my friend Ruth in the UK emailed me this morning to say that in a few days she's being put in an "end of life" hospice. She has bravely fought cancer for 10 years. Due to the pandemic I haven't seen her in person since 2018, when she and her DM last came over to see the Pens play. We met and bonded through hockey. She just turned 60 in March. Asking for prayers for a peaceful transition for Ruth.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 19

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from a sunny central Texas where it is 79F.  Our high should be about 101F.  While we are still in the triple digits and still getting heat advisories, the highs are not as high as originally predicted.  Unfortunately, the heat is moving east toward those Dailyites in the southeast part of the US.  This morning after a quick walk, I have some errands to run, and I plan to stay inside and keep cool.

I'll celebrate camera day, and I still use my small camera when we cruise.  It has a wrist strap and is less likely to get dropped than my phone.  Hugs are always nice and welcome.  Mud Day not so much.

I like the Garrison Keillor quote.

The meal sounds interesting, and we enjoyed the food when we visited Vietnam.  I'll pass on the drink, and was interested in trying the wine until I saw the price.

We have been to Ushuaia twice.  In 1999 we were there on Noordam III in the predigital age.  We were there again in 2015 on Ruby Princess, and I'll post my pictures in a few minutes.

Another interesting day in history.

Lorraine, sending positive thoughts for Murphy as she undergoes her surgery. for her family and for the medical team.  I hope she has a quick and easy recovery after  her successful surgery.

Enjoy your visit with your DD.   

345613714_757262165855175_3463160791906559058_n.thumb.jpg.60401e8153371e0245ec992ca958c3f9.jpg

347562892_218749317710188_5009137766426970695_n.thumb.jpg.1f09f4e1a099b81de1c354e0f637403d.jpg

347563249_1412216292866069_5791081304766468491_n.jpg.e2017c9e7c43065c3ad9450034e0bb38.jpg

348586987_780948120175097_4905000107868074974_n.jpg.aab2d0a534d071eb48508edd450bc721.jpg

349016523_573166851611823_8952083312071863130_n.jpg.c4f0a05f681b9b250c26ee336ada8999.jpg

Lenda

OK, another pi fight. But how can you have a fight when pi are round not pi are square!  😳

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

19 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Unfortunately more sad news. The father of my friend Ruth in the UK emailed me this morning to say that in a few days she's being put in an "end of life" hospice. She has bravely fought cancer for 10 years. Due to the pandemic I haven't seen her in person since 2018, when she and her DM last came over to see the Pens play. We met and bonded through hockey. She just turned 60 in March. Asking for prayers for a peaceful transition for Ruth.

I'm so sorry to hear your news about your dear friend Ruth.

60 is so young and so sad she has had a 10 year battle with cancer.

Prayers 🙏 for a peaceful and dignified end for Ruth.

Graham.

• Like 13

56 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

@StLouisCruisers I just received an email from Shutterfly re their 4th of July sale for free unlimited photo book pages - I'm sure you're going to be a busy lady!!

Forgot to mention our new door and sidelights were installed yesterday - it was seamless from beginning to end.  The 2 fellows were fast, efficient, courteous, and cleaned up everything, including wet mopping the inside floor area.  It doesn't look terribly different from our old, but with privacy glass, I no longer have to worry about curtains for the sidelights.  And they installed a peep hole viewer, since we can no longer just look past the curtain to see who's out there.  Yay!

Gerry I had my order in within 30 minutes of seeing that email today!  I had my Covid cruise photo book sitting in my cart waiting for this promotion to come back to Shutterfly.  I'll have that book in my hot little hands in about a week and a half.  I'm all caught up now with cruise photo books!  

32 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Vanessa, how sad to receive that news today.  She has fought so long!  I pray she has a peaceful, loving end of life.🙏 

• Like 16

I don’t know where to start, so many people needing prayers. Know that you are on my prayer list but I hesitate to list everyone for fear of forgetting someone but Special mention of little Murphy.

we have an AQI of 186. Dh left on a bike ride this a.m., silly man, and was back within the hour when he couldn’t even see the Detroit skyline. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I spent yesterday indoors. So far temperatures are not too bad and I can keep the windows closed. Not helping my chronic cough. If I do go out I will have to use an n95 mask.

• Like 20

Good morning all and thank you Rich for another interesting Daily report with a wonderful destination . 
Will have to look for some worthy pictures to share before I start my daily tasks .
These are from 2015 while on the Zaandam to Antarctica from Santiago to Argentina .

We are almost there ….

DSCN2356.thumb.JPG.751e41cb216dce3be2fcd38fc6b73cc3.JPG

Some Expedition ships are waiting in port 

DSCN2367.thumb.jpg.0455b031cac6c2b68dab8495f6456168.jpg

DSCN2370.thumb.JPG.0086b65b56cc57640dbc3f756c9c5ea7.JPG

The flora in this most Southern Town was a big surprise 

DSCN2375.thumb.jpg.a856fa5d513eb2e2fcbc046b0d1ecbf4.jpg

DSCN2381.thumb.JPG.e5b4ec56deee5483e7943553b7a281c9.JPG

DSCN2395.thumb.JPG.5ee943b46751c8f65a99705a04b282c8.JPG

DSCN2400.thumb.JPG.793296c8f24b48820ccb3da1793d3cea.JPG

Getting my postcards stamped at the “ End of the World “ postoffice .

DSCN2404.thumb.jpg.78d39d360ab13f2f264d0ae22d4aeff2.jpg

DSCN2410.thumb.JPG.eba3d3ab0c87021f9bb6d4b8c8efa57a.JPG

DSCN2412.thumb.JPG.1b335e6bddff5c300d5f2e74fca97d0c.JPG

1889816813_DSCN24152.thumb.JPG.441bcf8f7e205c592a960f3c7a5a3e57.JPG

Another War monument in Argentina for the war in the Malvinas ……... Falkland Islands  

P2060166.thumb.JPG.85a0e4036a1d4eee211852b7178ba269.JPG

P2060205.thumb.jpg.2b2f18ae4794b561ba783f5b139a4412.jpg

P2060216.thumb.JPG.34af4efb2c018c5db96dfc9fcf27f3e4.JPG

That is NOT me escaping from prison ......

P2060215.thumb.JPG.c67cf4fd9080e25fc6d3b332d52d222d.JPG

P2060228.thumb.JPG.8f753a77933c27d32b887b57ed888b2c.JPG

Back on board ship …….tonight it is the Indonesian crew show  …….

P2060279.thumb.JPG.73bf351f933231ee1a1b5d45e7d29c5d.JPG

DSCN2429.thumb.jpg.61da52ba131337e829db8fe690444fe9.jpg

Tony 😁
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 4

Prayers for Murphy and Lou and Terry!  And for Jazzy’s friend Ruth!  

We love the Vietnamese salad rolls.  

DH celebrates camera day with his professional Nikon D850 along with two other Nikons and lenses, whoever thought birdwatching was a cheap thing to do🤷‍♀️

The peonies are bursting forth!   Courtesy of our IPhone. 

IMG_2400.jpeg

IMG_2398.jpeg

IMG_2403.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Visited Ushuaia twice, west to east from Santiago to Buenos Aires, and back around all the way to Miami on our b2b2b on Oceania’s Marina in February/March, 2023. Our pictures are much as others have posted. We bought wine and penguin shaped back packs for our youngest granddaughters from a small shop at the port. 
Prayers & peace for so many on the Care list. Some days, the bad news seems overwhelming. 
I use my (old!) iPhone for pictures. Surprised that with all of our downsizing the last 2 years, we never found our “real” camera.
Today is sunny and calm. We plan to spend the day tidying up for the 4th of July company, DD, DSIL and 3 grands, repacking suitcases, one for the the 3 more WA weeks, one for our 11 day Alaska cruise on Oceania’s Regatta, and one for the travel home, stopping for visits with family and friends in CA. 
6/29/23 view from the porch:

IMG_9096.thumb.jpeg.9d0d4f4ed17e92457746f67420a76ca1.jpeg

• Like 22

Good morning all!

At 7:30 west coast time there were 3 pages already -- most likely this will be on page 4 by the time I finish typing!

DH is the camera person in our family, I just use my phone but the newer phones do a fine job for my needs.  Our family are big huggers, I'll pass on the mud.  We get enough of that every winter and spring here. 😉  We've finally "dried out" and are having beautiful summer weather.  Heading to the mid 70's today and warming to the low 80's by next week.

The quote is often times very true.  Sadly I've known many people who don't act like Christians the other 6 days of the week.  

The drink sounds good, will pass on the red wine.  The meal sounds delicious!!  I'll pass on making it myself (ingredients I wouldn't use often) but would love it if someone made it for me. 🙂  Tonight we'll be having the salmon with the strawberry basil relish.  Debbie @dfish last night's chicken skewers was a big hit!  We loved it and the recipe is definitely a keeper.  Hopefully we'll be in Ushuaia for the first time in '25 on the South America/Antarctica cruise.  Thank you everyone for the wonderful photos!

Lorraine @cruising sister Prayers for little Murphy and her surgeons when she has the surgery on the 6th.

Terry @smitty34877 Prayers for a successful treatment plan. I hope the complications aren't serious.

Jack @Heartgrove The house is looking great!

Vanessa @JazzyV I'm so sorry to hear that your friend is entering end of life hospice. My dear sister also fought cancer bravely for 10 years....so sad.

This is the first bloom on my newest rose bush "Radiant Perfume".  

RadiantPerfume.thumb.jpg.beedb5eb31e651579641bf573951d48f.jpg

Ha-- just made it to page 3!

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 2

The mentions of Tierra del Fuego remind me of fourth-grade geography. The one thing that everyone I went to school with remembers is that women in Tierra del Fuego killed the fish they caught by biting the heads off.

My principal camera is an Olympus OM-10 for which I have a range of lenses. I also have a Panasonic compact superzoom that is smaller and lighter and doesn't require additional lenses, but I find it hard to use, and a little Panasonic waterproof camera. I use the standard neck strap for the Olympus, but replaced the wrist strap of the compact superzoom with a lanyard, and use a flotation wrist strap with the waterproof.

• Like 20

Before the day gets away from me (as it usually does), I will try to get a post in.  I have learned one very important thing in preparing for my major move!  Total downsizing is so hard, both physically and emotionally.  I have embarked on this project with the mindset of "If I don't figure out how to get rid of xxxx, then the kids will just be putting xxxx into a dumpster when I am gone."  

I have contributed to the weekly trash bins, sent stuff for recycling, and found new homes for other things.  One thing I just learned is that Best Buy will take 3 electronic devices per day per person for recycling for free!  Got the last of several items dropped off there yesterday.  My appointment with the relocation/estate sale company will be on July 10, and then I will have a sense of what comes next.  Next week I am going to have the 3 step-kids and their spouses come and pick out things they want to have in their homes.

@luvteaching, my heart aches for you and you have my condolences and prayers for your peace.  You showed such grace during your late DH's final days and months.  Your new journey will take strength but you will honor Phil as you progress.  Trust me, it is a difficult one.

@smitty34877, prayers for you and your family as you work through the problems and setbacks with your DH's surgery aftermath.  Also prayers for stability with Tana's IPF.

Amazingly, our AQI is good, unlike most of the nation(s).  We have a fire less than 50 miles away that exploded on Monday, but that smoke is mostly going toward the East.  So far, no evacuations.  It is a hard fire to fight as most of it is in very rugged area.  The weather service just put out that the arrival of monsoon season seems to be delayed.

My continued prayers go out for those on the Cares List and now baby Murphy.  

Have a great day everyone.

Mary Kay

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Praying for Amazing!  
@cruising sister sending prayers for little Murphy and her Care team and family. Maybe postponing will give her some stability. 

@smitty34877prayers for Lou and a path forward, and all the family. 

@JazzyV comfort care for Ruth!  
@luvteaching Strength for you during these difficult days. One step at a time. 

Granddaughter and her DH will come tomorrow.🤞 Today it’s Code Red air quality here in MD and DGD has had asthma issues but not recently. Tomorrow AQI should be better. We have 2 air cleaners and good inside air when closed up. Hoping they can leave early and avoid some of the I-95 traffic jams. 

Disjointed day today for me, hope to get back to finish reading all the Daily contributions. 

We spent part of our time in Ushuaia looking for an extra rechargeable camera battery. DH uses Cannon DOS I think it’s a 5. I use a waterproof, need a new one every couple of years, they have eventually all leaked. Olympus, Panasonic, Fuji…. but I don’t want to snorkel without one!  

{{{HUGS}}} to each of you!  m—

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good morning a little late today. Monty had an appointment for shots and an annual check up. I notice that he is limping a bit but the vet thinks that is due to his bad front legs (a show dog he definitely is not!!). His little elbows turn outward in a weird way.... but they do not seem to hurt. We will just continue to watch him. He was very well behaved....all 5 lbs of him. No biting, no barking at other dogs.... not typical of chihuahuas at all. He is now home and sleeping off the strain cuddled up close to "his" Bandit.

Our dry weather continues. There are fires to the south and to the east of us, but so far nothing really close and I hope it remains that way. We have several missing person searches going on around us. One a hiker and the other a mysterious body seen floating in the river which is running very high just now.The body disappeared before anyone could get it out.... maybe caught on a snag somewhere.  I am truly grateful to all the people who put the time in for search and rescue. Seems recently we have had a lot of lost people these days.

I am sending prayers and positive thoughts out to all needing them. @smitty34877I hope your meeting with doctors goes well. You certainly do not need more stress.

Take care all.

Susan

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Long day. 3 AM wake up in Amsterdam and just arrived Atlanta. All went smoothly and luggage is here. Should be home by 3:30 Central time.

If you loved the Prisendam you would have loved this cruise. Perfect until they kicked us off. Bruce

• Like 22

2 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

Good morning all and thank you Rich for another interesting Daily report with a wonderful destination . 
Will have to look for some worthy pictures to share before I start my daily tasks .
These are from 2015 while on the Zaandam to Antarctica from Santiago to Argentina .

We are almost there ….

DSCN2356.thumb.JPG.751e41cb216dce3be2fcd38fc6b73cc3.JPG

Some Expedition ships are waiting in port 

DSCN2367.thumb.jpg.0455b031cac6c2b68dab8495f6456168.jpg

DSCN2370.thumb.JPG.0086b65b56cc57640dbc3f756c9c5ea7.JPG

The flora in this most Southern Town was a big surprise 

DSCN2375.thumb.jpg.a856fa5d513eb2e2fcbc046b0d1ecbf4.jpg

DSCN2381.thumb.JPG.e5b4ec56deee5483e7943553b7a281c9.JPG

DSCN2395.thumb.JPG.5ee943b46751c8f65a99705a04b282c8.JPG

DSCN2400.thumb.JPG.793296c8f24b48820ccb3da1793d3cea.JPG

Getting my postcards stamped at the “ End of the World “ postoffice .

DSCN2404.thumb.jpg.78d39d360ab13f2f264d0ae22d4aeff2.jpg

DSCN2410.thumb.JPG.eba3d3ab0c87021f9bb6d4b8c8efa57a.JPG

DSCN2412.thumb.JPG.1b335e6bddff5c300d5f2e74fca97d0c.JPG

1889816813_DSCN24152.thumb.JPG.441bcf8f7e205c592a960f3c7a5a3e57.JPG

Another War monument in Argentina for the war in the Malvinas ……... Falkland Islands  

P2060166.thumb.JPG.85a0e4036a1d4eee211852b7178ba269.JPG

P2060205.thumb.jpg.2b2f18ae4794b561ba783f5b139a4412.jpg

P2060216.thumb.JPG.34af4efb2c018c5db96dfc9fcf27f3e4.JPG

That is NOT me escaping from prison ......

P2060215.thumb.JPG.c67cf4fd9080e25fc6d3b332d52d222d.JPG

P2060228.thumb.JPG.8f753a77933c27d32b887b57ed888b2c.JPG

Back on board ship …….tonight it is the Indonesian crew show  …….

P2060279.thumb.JPG.73bf351f933231ee1a1b5d45e7d29c5d.JPG

DSCN2429.thumb.jpg.61da52ba131337e829db8fe690444fe9.jpg

Tony 😁

Interesting collection of photos Tony.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1