Princess and Amex offers

cusematt4

Hi all,

does anyone know the last time there was a worlds leading cruise line Amex offer?  This in the past had included Princess and has ranged from spending 500 to 1000 for cash back or points equal to $100-$400.

does anyone know if there is usually a once or twice a years worlds leading cruise line Amex offer?

Thank you

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Me too.  I believe the high end AmEx accounts have gotten them in the past.  I've never been offered a promotion.

I have received in the past, the World Leading Cruise lines offer on my AMEX Blue Cash, no annual fee card, so the offers are not only offered to the ‘high end’ cards.

Have received on this same card, offers for Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Carnival and NCL. Just used earlier this year offer for Celebrity, spend $1000 get $350 back. I know I used a AMEX Carnival offer for my January 2023 Carnival Panorama sailing, I believe it was spend $500 get $150?

It is nice that fellow cruise critic members will usually post they have received or noticed the offer and post on the respective boards.

• Like 5

I’ve had several Amex Cards for over 25 years and have never received a promotion remotely connected to Princess and/or cruising.  You are most fortunate.  Every little bit helps.  

I have seen others post about the offers and I quickly manually check…I’m excluded.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I’ve had several Amex Cards for over 25 years and have never received a promotion remotely connected to Princess and/or cruising.  You are most fortunate.  Every little bit helps.  

I have seen others post about the offers and I quickly manually check…I’m excluded.

Do you have the Blue Cash AMEX, no fee? All of my friends who have this card, tell me they have received the various cruise line ‘offers’. Seems like the co branded AMEX cards associated with an airline or hotel chain very rarely get the cruise offers.

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, ChangeOrder said:

I've seen every cruise line BUT Princess on my AMEX over the past years 🤣 Princess would have to reach out to AMEX themselves to get the promo added, so I'm guessing they haven't bothered.

AMEX has had offer for World Leading Cruise Lines, of which Princess is a member, so not specifically for Princess but was eligible for a Princess booking.

• 3 months later...

The $175 back goes until 2/15, so plenty of time for a new booking. And since they're committed to  never reducing cruise prices, you could book any 2024-2025 cruise now and get the best price, absolutely guaranteed (for 72 hours after booking that is). I've also added $300 off $1000 for HAL and $200 off $1000 for NCL, both good until the end of 2023. If you don't see the Princess one on your card, I find that adding and sometimes redeeming travel offers will get them to aim more travel ones my way, even on my no-fee Blue Cash Everyday card. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bellebaby said:

Just noticed a Princess offer on my American Express Blue Cash Everyday card.  

Spend $700 or more, get $175 back. 

Specifics are outlined on the offer, if available with your card.

B

Thank you so much for posting this! I just added it to my Amex Blue Cash card. In reading through the terms I see it must be a "booking" purchase of $700 or more, which normally the deposit on a booking isn't that high. Even though we book multiple cabins they usually charge the cabin deposits individually and this says it must be a "single" purchase so I'm wondering how I can get the cash back. It also says it excludes any onboard purchases and "cruise personalizer" (weird) and also excludes "if not booked at the time of reservation" excursions, "MedallionClass" which I assume is Plus or Premier upgrades, etc. Why can't they just make it simple and let us get the cash back with any Princess purchase of that amount, as in when we make cruise payments, add excursions, etc.? I can see this will be a tricky one to get but would be worth it. If anyone uses it successfully please update us here 🙂

25 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

You all are just the best!  I just logged into my Amex card and have an offer for Princess:  $175 for $700.  
yay!  

That's what I just noticed on my Amex Platinum.  Since my cruise is in 4 weeks, I guess I'll just have to book another so I can use it!

I loved when it also applied to the additional Platinum cards on the account as I could go back 4 times. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

That's what I just noticed on my Amex Platinum.  Since my cruise is in 4 weeks, I guess I'll just have to book another so I can use it!

I loved when it also applied to the additional Platinum cards on the account as I could go back 4 times. 

Sounds like a solid plan to me!!  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

If I read the terms correctly, the current offer is only good for bookings made directly with Princess. Any booking using an outside TA does not qualify. Is this correct? 

It has been my experience across multiple TAs that any payments for deposits or cruise fares are listed on credit card transactions/statements as the cruise line itself, not the TA. I would fully expect payments that got charged as Princess Cruises to apply for the purposes of the AmEx offers.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Kerry's Girls said:

Shoot - mine is spend $700 get 17,500 points - much rather have the $.  Don't forget to check your authorized user cards as well.  I've often been able to double up on offers using mine and my authorized user card. 

Agreed that most folks would rather have cash back than the points.  For me, however, I prefer the points, where I can usually get more than one cent per point value.    For example, I am looking to book a flight to Hawaii from SFO next September.  I want to fly first class if possible on this long five and half hour flight.  AMEX points transfer to Hawaiian airlines at a 1:1 ratio, and that first class ticket costs 40,000 Hawaiian points.  If I paid cash for the same ticket it would cost me $790, so that is a value of almost two cents per AMEX point.  So I will combine my 17,500 points from this Princess offer with some other AMEX points I have to get that airline ticket.

BTW, the offer on my AMEX Everyday Preferred card reads as follows:

Get 17,500 additional Membership Rewards® points one-time by using your enrolled eligible Card to make a single purchase of $700 or more on cruise  reservations booked online at princess.com, by calling 800-774-6237 or through a Princess Cruises travel advisor. Must be booked by 2/15/2024.

Edited by Petersonfcu
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, sfaaa said:

If I read the terms correctly, the current offer is only good for bookings made directly with Princess. Any booking using an outside TA does not qualify. Is this correct? 

I have used them with an outside TA many times in the past.