Luminae or Murano for Anniversary Meal?

a1betpr

I appreciate all the responses I got to my question of whether lobster is still being served in Murano on the Equinox (answer seems to be “probably”).  As a follow-up, having never sailed Celebrity before, where should we have dinner the night of our 25th wedding anniversary?  People seem to generally agree that Luminae is the best restaurant on the ship, but our actual anniversary is night three and the Luminae menu, if the app is accurate, is not very exciting that night.  Plus the table side prep of certain dishes just seems to make Murano maybe more of a “special” night out.  We’re torn, so we’d like the perspectives of seasoned X passengers.  Thanks in advance!!!

23 minutes ago, a1betpr said:

I appreciate all the responses I got to my question of whether lobster is still being served in Murano on the Equinox (answer seems to be “probably”).  As a follow-up, having never sailed Celebrity before, where should we have dinner the night of our 25th wedding anniversary?  People seem to generally agree that Luminae is the best restaurant on the ship, but our actual anniversary is night three and the Luminae menu, if the app is accurate, is not very exciting that night.  Plus the table side prep of certain dishes just seems to make Murano maybe more of a “special” night out.  We’re torn, so we’d like the perspectives of seasoned X passengers.  Thanks in advance!!!

Easy answer,  Go to Murano.  We dine in Murano for birthdays and have not regretted it.  The service is outstanding as is the food.  It is a special night. Relaxed atmosphere and rather intimate.  A great place to celebrate a special occasion.   

I disagree with those who say Luminae is the best restaurant on the ship.  

• Like 3

I haven’t dined in Luminae but can confirm Murano is outstanding. The tableside lobster was available on Equinox this summer when we sailed, the week of July 16. Ask for Stanislav. He’s a phenomenal server! And happy anniversary! 

2 minutes ago, maiaaya said:

I haven’t dined in Luminae but can confirm Murano is outstanding. The tableside lobster was available on Equinox this summer when we sailed, the week of July 16. Ask for Stanislav. He’s a phenomenal server! And happy anniversary! 

Yes, he is the best.  A really classy gentleman.  Besides the Lobster Murano, the Chateaubriand for 2 is outstanding.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a1betpr said:

Unless you are staying in a suite, Luminae isn't an option. It is the dining room for suite guests. If you are, and are underwhelmed by the menu on your anniversary night, I'd definitely choose Murano. Also, you might want to clue the maitre d into the fact that it's your 25th. They will likely bring out a special yummy rich chocolate cake as an additional dessert. They did that for us on our special anniversary.

I'd definitely suggest the Lobster Murano, or Chateaubriand (or they've done both for us). The Crepes Balon Rouge is an outstanding choice for dessert as well as the Grand Marnier Souffle.

• Like 1

Hands down Murano. Enjoy.

The only reason we dine in Luminae is because we book suites for the space.  You can have Luminae.  I much prefer Blu, Murano, or even Tuscan. And when we dine in Luminae, I order off of the other menus. Ouch!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another vote for Murano.

Not only for the food, they are used to making occasions special! On a couple of occasions we have seen them produce arranged gifts from under those silver domes! They will also arrange for the ship photographer to be around to capture special moments if you speak to the M’D…

• Like 2

Murano! The setting is special, make sure to have a drink at the ensemble bar beforehand, the souffles are wonderful, (savoury and dessert) my husbands favourite dessert is Crepe Balon Rouge, they make a crepe tableside, flambe strawberries and serve in the crepe with ice cream. We always have to go at least twice to enjoy all the dishes on the menu...

Happy Anniversary to you both! Enjoy your cruise  😊

If you are in a suite you will dine in Luminae the entire cruise.  So Murano is an excellent choice for a special experience.

Just a note- you can arrange off-menu or special dishes in Luminae by 24 hr advance notice.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jelayne said:

Me too.  As someone who can’t eat fish or seafood Luminae’s menu is very limited.  

I guess I need to disagree.  I just went through the menu for Millennium's current sailing and there is at least one beef, pork, and or chicken item on the menu every night.   Also, in addition to these items, you are able to order off the MDR menu when dining in Luminae, except on Edge Class ships. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Unless you are staying in a suite, Luminae isn't an option. It is the dining room for suite guests. If you are, and are underwhelmed by the menu on your anniversary night, I'd definitely choose Murano. Also, you might want to clue the maitre d into the fact that it's your 25th. They will likely bring out a special yummy rich chocolate cake as an additional dessert. They did that for us on our special anniversary.

I'd definitely suggest the Lobster Murano, or Chateaubriand (or they've done both for us). The Crepes Balon Rouge is an outstanding choice for dessert as well as the Grand Marnier Souffle.

Thanks for the tips!  We are in a Royal Suite, so Luminae is an option.  We’ve done a couple NCL cruises in the Haven and we’ve found the Haven restaurant to be the best option on the ship, but it sounds from all of the responses that Murano wins for the special occasion on Celebrity.  And maybe we’ll book Murano more than once, it’s free!  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, a1betpr said:

Thanks for the tips!  We are in a Royal Suite, so Luminae is an option.  We’ve done a couple NCL cruises in the Haven and we’ve found the Haven restaurant to be the best option on the ship, but it sounds from all of the responses that Murano wins for the special occasion on Celebrity.  And maybe we’ll book Murano more than once, it’s free!  

Murano is quite a long experience with table side preparation of some dishes and a relaxed speed of delivery. We find it best enjoyed on evenings we are not too exhausted from hectic excursions so don’t get too tired on your Grand Cayman trip and don’t succumb to too much lunch either, a good appetite is a must!

3 hours ago, a1betpr said:

Lol, nothing is “free” You’re certainly paying for it in the cost of that Royal Suite!