The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday September 27th, 2023

richwmn

Forgiveness is a theme of Yom Kippur, and there is a teaching that it's mandatory to forgive a person who requests it, but not until the third time they ask. On Yom Kippur, the rabbi at the service I was attending remotely in the morning preached on the times when forgiveness is not required: when the person asks insincerely, when a wrong cannot be righted by any human means. But he also said that it is better, when possible, not to let it dominate your life.

I would be OK with the vegetarian lasagna (kosher cooking does not combine meat ingredients with dairy ingredients), except that I'd have to make it with lactose-free ricotta, which is hard to find, or a substitute. No on the pseudotini. I don't think we grow any Chenin Blanc in the Finger Lakes, so I might go with Bristol Valley's 2019 Valley White. I haven't been to Dakar.

I'm scheduled to receive the new covid jab on Friday, but despite pressure from multiple directions (the government, the pharmacy, the media) I'm not having the flu jab at the same time. Two reasons: the last time I received two vaccinations together, I had a severe reaction, and the peak of flu season here is late. If I got the vaccination now, immunity would be decreasing by then.

I had a new mattress delivered yesterday. The delivery window was 12:30 to 2:30, so I was ready at 11:30 and able to wait all afternoon is necessary. At 12:20 the driver called to say that according to GPS they were 15 minutes away. The doorbell rang at 12:35.

Someone from the local interfaith coalition called me during Yom Kippur services. I didn't see the message until this morning. It's about an event on October 8. Are they always that clueless? In my experience, yes.

moonrock.thumb.jpg.302ebd4fb67e8e1f117e66605a079c8a.jpg

• Like 18
  • Haha 8

There have been long waits for medical screenings here ever since the shutdown in 2020. When they were allowed to resume, patients were still afraid to go, so the backlog continued to grow. There are more choices for imaging, if insurance will pay for a for-profit provider, but when I was due for a colonoscopy last year, it was five months from the referral.

• Like 20

Good morning to all the Dailyites.  Happy Wednesday.

Three cheers for the Days we celebrate today.  All good ones.

We are all tourists on this journey of life. Here we share a common interest of seeing new places in our wonderful world.

As many as possible should register to vote.  It is our duty and privilege and should not be take for granted.

As for forgiveness, sometimes it is hard, but it does more for the forgiver than the forgiven.

I like the quote.

Thank you to Debbie for the recipe.  I think I will pass on the vegetarian lasagna.  I just don’t make lasagna at all any more, now that there is only two of us.  Too much work.

Thank you to Dixie and Ann in the beverage department.  I will pass on the drink.  May try the wine.

Thank you to Vanessa for keeping up with us and attending to our needs and celebrations.

Prayers for all that need them.  

Baby Murphy

@kazu condolences for your BFF’s DH

@smitty34877 you are in my daily prayers as you adjust to your new situation. Prayers for Tana also as she struggles each day with her respiratory problems.  Hope you find a new aide soon.

@HeartgroveWelcome Home

@cruising sister hope you get everything done and ready for your cruise.

@Cruising-alongHappy Anniversary. Wishes for many more happy years together.

Today is another rainy day.  So there are plenty indoor activities to keep me busy.  I have tons of ironing to do.  Thought I would do them the other day.  That never happened.  Will try today as I also run my robot in various rooms of the house.  

Tomorrow the contractor is coming to address the issues with the mess the floor guy made.  The problem is that the floor is still not right. I really don’t want the floor guy back in this house.  First of all he takes forever to schedule an appointment and then he makes a mess.  i am tired of all this and I need to get ready for our trip.

We also decided to change our Tauck River cruise to a New England Canada cruise. Since we cannot get the deposit back, we will do it with Tauck if they agree to the change.  We will spend the fist night in New York (like a really need that) then board the Silver Shadow (Silver Seas) for a cruise of New England and Canada, finishing in Quebec.  Three nights at the Chateau Frontenac and then go home.  We just do not want to go back to Europe next year.  Silver Seas should be a new adventure for us.  Have no idea what it is like.  Tauck partners with them fo the tour.

That is it for today.  At least for now.

Have a good day and God Bless.

Terri

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, cunnorl said:

@Cruising-along Happy Anniversary!  Hope you have many more

4 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

@Cruising-along Happy Anniversary! 🥂

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I see on Vanessa's list that Carolyn @Cruising-along and Henry are having an anniversary!  A shout out to both of you on your special day!🥂

4 hours ago, kazu said:

Happy anniversary @Cruising-along

IMG_5961.gif.d88be13869589580642aa73cb4cc03bf.gif

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

@Cruising-along.

Very best wishes for your wedding anniversary.

6jQg.gif

3 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

@Cruising-along  Happy Anniversary! ❤️🍾

3 hours ago, Denise T said:

Happy anniversary to @Cruising-along

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Happy anniversary @Cruising-along

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

@Cruising-along Henry and Carolyn Happy Anniversary

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@Cruising-along  Carolyn, wishing you and Henry a very HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, and many more to come.

images(1).jpg.8c2a61d0335843ee7f924e3bc2e84d8c.jpg

Lenda

3 hours ago, Cruisercl said:

@Cruising-along, @durangoscots, @cruising sister and @richwmn (did I forget anyone, if so please correct me), I looked at the HAL website this AM; it is 97 days until our GV AUS/NZ! We have been waiting and planning a long time. I am still working on getting my stuff in a group but it looks better. My lists have lists....

@Cruising-along Happy Anniversary to you and DH!!

3 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

@Cruising-along, Happy Anniversary!

3 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Happy Anniversary @Cruising-along Carolyn and Henry 🎉. Anniversaries are an accomplishment. 

2 hours ago, dfish said:

@Cruising-along  Happy Anniversary to Carolyn and Henry!

3fd70c4469801cf6583758a9db429c76.jpg.b06b47bbdc090d9a4419b7cd922d6ead.jpg

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

@Cruising-along Happy Anniversary to you and your DH; let the love and laughter continue!

WOW!  What a nice surprise this morning!  Thank you all and I hope I didn't miss anyone. I see @Cruzin Terri posted when I was typing, thank you!   Much appreciated 🙂  Yes, this is year 54 for us -- hard to believe when I feel like I'm still 18 😉  

Caron @Cruisercl I have lists of lists too, and they seem to be getting longer!  I think we should think of having a "Daily get together and/or meal" near the beginning of the cruise, that would be fun. I see that some of us are on the same tours, but it would be nice to get to know each other sooner.  

Good collection of days, I like the quote.  Will pass on the meal and drink but love Chenin Blanc.  Have never been to Senegal.

Safe travels @Nickelpenny.

Jack @Heartgrove Welcome home!

54 years ago today -- we were so young!!

Scan_20170927(2).thumb.jpg.eea8d74a14730d0e4211f0d847c0b4dd.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

WOW!  What a nice surprise this morning!  Thank you all and I hope I didn't miss anyone. I see @Cruzin Terri posted when I was typing, thank you!   Much appreciated 🙂  Yes, this is year 54 for us -- hard to believe when I feel like I'm still 18 😉  

Caron @Cruisercl I have lists of lists too, and they seem to be getting longer!  I think we should think of having a "Daily get together and/or meal" near the beginning of the cruise, that would be fun. I see that some of us are on the same tours, but it would be nice to get to know each other sooner.  

Good collection of days, I like the quote.  Will pass on the meal and drink but love Chenin Blanc.  Have never been to Senegal.

Nice photo.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

A question for Canadian Dailyites.  There was a Canadian Documentary called something like "You are here: A Come From Away Story" that has not been available for streaming in the US.  I'm wondering if I can still access it from a Canadian port.

Roy

I just checked and there are several listings on you tube. Thinking you should be able to connect in a Canadian port 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. I went out this morning and picked up limbs that came down last night in the wind. Apparently I either got into an ant hill or there was one already on the limbs but either way my legs and arms are covered in bites.  Oh well, the bites will be gone before I fly out. I hope everyone has a great day.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Good afternoon. I went out this morning and picked up limbs that came down last night in the wind. Apparently I either got into an ant hill or there was one already on the limbs but either way my legs and arms are covered in bites.  Oh well, the bites will be gone before I fly out. I hope everyone has a great day.

Linda, I'm sorry to hear about those nasty bites!  I hope you have some Benadryl and/or itch cream to put on them, and that they disappear quickly.  Probably fire ants and they're no joke!

• Like 19

Good morning  and thanks al! 

@Cruising-along happy anniversary Carolyn and Henry!  Fabulous photo!  

@RMLincoln again such wise words about grief! 

Please ladies don’t put off your screening mammograms, the one time I was too busy…..

early detection is so important! 

@smitty34877 sending gentle hugs, such a tough time,  glad you had your friends support. 

@kochleffelagree with your rationale of separation of shots.  

wishing you all blue skies…

IMG_2952.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Carolyn, I think that is a great idea to have a "Daily get together and/or meal" near the beginning of the cruise. As you know we are at sea for the first few days so one of those might work. Hope others will be interested. It would be fun!

Beautiful picture of your wedding. Looks like a very elegant wedding. Love your red hair; all of my 5 siblings have red hair, a beautiful shade of color like yours. I was the only white blonde, hmmm. Just a bit of trivia about my family...LOL.

I'll put my em here so others can contact me off CC; clab648 at gmail dot com.

Caron☺️

Edited by Cruisercl
typo
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

@kazu Jacqui, I am sorry to read that your BFF has lost her husband.   I am sure you knew him well so sympathy for the two of you.  

@Cruising-along A lovely photo of you and your DH.   

We are home and unpacked.   Tonight is crab cakes for dinner and since I bought 2 pounds I am doing a double recipe and we will freeze half of them.   I forgot we have a wine dinner tomorrow and the crab won't keep that long.   Cool and windy here but we have lots of sun and 70s and 80s for the weekend.  

Thanks for the reminder on scheduling my mammogram.  I got the letter reminding me to schedule the day before we left for Baltimore and would have forgotten it for a while.    I called and I get in on Columbus Day, the first day of eligibility.   There are benefits of living in a small town.   

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Nice photo.

2 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

What a lovely picture!  Happy Anniversary!

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@Cruising-along Beautiful photo of you two, and what a great multi-quote!  Enjoy your day!

1 hour ago, puppycanducruise said:

@Cruising-along Love that picture.

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

@Cruising-along happy anniversary Carolyn and Henry!  Fabulous photo!  

27 minutes ago, Cruisercl said:

Carolyn, I think that is a great idea to have a "Daily get together and/or meal" near the beginning of the cruise. As you know we are at sea for the first few days so one of those might work. Hope others will be interested. It would be fun!

Beautiful picture of your wedding. Looks like a very elegant wedding. Love your red hair; all of my 5 siblings have red hair, a beautiful shade of color like yours. I was the only white blonde, hmmm. Just a bit of trivia about my family...LOL.

I'll put my em here so others can contact me off CC; clab648 at gmail dot com.

Caron☺️

3 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

@Cruising-along A lovely photo of you and your DH.   

Thank you all so much!  We've decided to just go "down the road" for dinner tonight, and stay off the freeways.  The rain is coming down hard, and the traffic is awful even in good weather..

Caron @Cruisercl We will definitely plan something, and yes, we'll have a lot of sea days in the beginning of the cruise -- perfect for get togethers. Looking forward to it!

Our wedding was very small, this photo was taken at the reception at my parents' house.  All of DH's family was in GA and mine in WA state (the wedding was in CA). In those days flying across country wasn't as easy as it is now.  Thank you for the lovely compliments. 🙂  

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

All 3 important days. Good quote. Maybe on the meal (with some meat thrown in). Pass on the drink and wine. I haven't been to Dakar. 2 interesting days in history.

I tried to post earlier but CC wouldn't load. And then I fell asleep around 1PM due to the Benadryl pre-medication before my RA shot this morning, plus a bad night's sleep. I was awake at 2:30, 4:30 and then 6:30 AM due to my leg pain. We're finally seeing a bit of sun, after about 5 cloudy days in a row; it's beautiful out. I got a call that my new glasses are ready, but I will pick them up next week.

@Cruising-along Happy Anniversary! Great photo from your wedding day.

@Ichiban Nekko @Nickelpenny Safe travels today.

@Heartgrove Welcome back. Sounds like it'll take a few days to get adjusted to the time change.

@StLouisCruisers Dakar does look a bit scary, especially if people were getting too close.

@grapau27 I hope you stay safe during the storm.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the photos of Dakar and I'Ile de Goree.

@smitty34877 (((Hugs))) I'm glad your BFF is coming to help you.

@cruising sister Ugh on all those flight changes. Coming back from my cruise this year I had a long layover like that.

@marshhawk I hope you get some down time somehow, before you travel.

@Cruzin Terri Hopefully you get some satisfaction with the floor issue.

@ottahand7 Good to hear you're safely home.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 7

Good afternoon from central Texas. It's 94F and feels like 94F.  Even though it was cooler today when I worked on the car, I still got hot by the time I was finished.  Changing the four remaining coils went smoothly, I thought, and didn't take but a little more than an hour.  However, when I started the car, it was missing, and I had to go back and redo one of the coils.  It seemed to be seated properly, but it wasn't.  Since I could not find the dielectric grease that DH wanted around the opening in the coil, I redid all four coils.  The grease was where it is always kept, but for some reason I couldn't remember where.  The second time, I was finished in less than an hour and the engine idled fairly smoothly.  However, when we drove the car, it was still running rough.  After several times trying different things, DH thinks there were two problems.,   The first was bad sparkplugs and a bad coil.  The second is the fuel filter is getting clogged.  We will get it replaced in the next week or so.  The good news is, I don't think I will need to work on the coils again, and someone else will replace the fuel filter.

Once we were home from the test drive, I took the car up to the grocery store to get a few tings, and of course, forgot one item.  It will wait a while.  I also filled the car with gas, so it's ready for tomorrow.  We're pretty much ready, but I have to put a few last minute things in the small suitcase.  We should only be there on night, but it could be two, which makes it hard to know how much to take.  I'm trying to go light.

5 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites. 

I had a terrible night's rest and a bit tired this morning. Sometime during the night we got a shower and all our deck pillows are wet. The deer came through last night and cleaned out our bird feeders, so Oliver helped me refill them and the hummingbird feeders.

Tourism is why we are gathered here on CC.

image.png.d84b44280c29024b08dae8c4dbfaaac8.png

image.png.020130f658e34f69a2ca812b08925a6f.png

image.png.1a9343edad38a55e39c6e5648ed52752.png

Forgiveness is difficult sometimes but we don't want to let the anger sit on our hearts, so I try to always say a prayer and let it go.

image.png.fe0502d2c3bddb4ef893b3ee133cfca5.png

Today I have a neighbor coming over to take the ledger, paperwork, cash/checkbook, lockbox, etc as I turn over my Treasurer duties for our neighborhood.  I have had the position for 3 years, it's time to let someone else take it.

Tonight I'm making chicken in the air fryer, salad and herbed rice. Lasagna will be for cooler weather.

Prayers for each of you, Happy Anniversary and plenty of Bon Voyages! Have a great day!

Joy, I imagine it will be a relief to turn over the books to the new treasurer.  I hope you sleep better tonight.

4 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning to all the Dailyites.  Happy Wednesday.

Three cheers for the Days we celebrate today.  All good ones.

We are all tourists on this journey of life. Here we share a common interest of seeing new places in our wonderful world.

As many as possible should register to vote.  It is our duty and privilege and should not be take for granted.

As for forgiveness, sometimes it is hard, but it does more for the forgiver than the forgiven.

I like the quote.

Thank you to Debbie for the recipe.  I think I will pass on the vegetarian lasagna.  I just don’t make lasagna at all any more, now that there is only two of us.  Too much work.

Thank you to Dixie and Ann in the beverage department.  I will pass on the drink.  May try the wine.

Thank you to Vanessa for keeping up with us and attending to our needs and celebrations.

Prayers for all that need them.  

Baby Murphy

@kazu condolences for your BFF’s DH

@smitty34877 you are in my daily prayers as you adjust to your new situation. Prayers for Tana also as she struggles each day with her respiratory problems.  Hope you find a new aide soon.

@HeartgroveWelcome Home

@cruising sister hope you get everything done and ready for your cruise.

@Cruising-alongHappy Anniversary. Wishes for many more happy years together.

Today is another rainy day.  So there are plenty indoor activities to keep me busy.  I have tons of ironing to do.  Thought I would do them the other day.  That never happened.  Will try today as I also run my robot in various rooms of the house.  

Tomorrow the contractor is coming to address the issues with the mess the floor guy made.  The problem is that the floor is still not right. I really don’t want the floor guy back in this house.  First of all he takes forever to schedule an appointment and then he makes a mess.  i am tired of all this and I need to get ready for our trip.

We also decided to change our Tauck River cruise to a New England Canada cruise. Since we cannot get the deposit back, we will do it with Tauck if they agree to the change.  We will spend the fist night in New York (like a really need that) then board the Silver Shadow (Silver Seas) for a cruise of New England and Canada, finishing in Quebec.  Three nights at the Chateau Frontenac and then go home.  We just do not want to go back to Europe next year.  Silver Seas should be a new adventure for us.  Have no idea what it is like.  Tauck partners with them fo the tour.

That is it for today.  At least for now.

Have a good day and God Bless.

Terri

Terri, I hope the contractor can fix all the problems including the flooring, and that the flooring guy can be left out of the fix.

4 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Carolyn, that is a great picture of you and Henry.

3 hours ago, lindaler said:

Linda, I'm sorry about the ant bites.  Fire ants are a problem here, too, and they can be sneaky.

Lenda

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

A question for Canadian Dailyites.  There was a Canadian Documentary called something like "You are here: A Come From Away Story" that has not been available for streaming in the US.  I'm wondering if I can still access it from a Canadian port.

Roy

That documentary is a Canadian production and was on TV a lot on various stations for a while.  I now only see you tube availability which is a real shame.  It was very well done.

6 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Today I have a neighbor coming over to take the ledger, paperwork, cash/checkbook, lockbox, etc as I turn over my Treasurer duties for our neighborhood.  I have had the position for 3 years, it's time to let someone else take it.

You’re darn right it’s time for someone else to take it over.  So kind of you to do it for 3 years.  It’s a thankless task.

4 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

What an absolutely exquisite picture ♥️ 

I’ve probably missed some I meant to quote and I apologize.  I’m not in the best shape to do a big multi quote right now.  Hoping everyone is having a good day.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

Good Evening, thanks for today’s report.  It has been a beautiful fall day.  Each time I started to read the daily work got in the way.  I did manage to do a load of laundry and DH will be happy when he realizes that I put the flannel sheets on the bed.  We received an offer from HAL today, pay off our March cruise and get an extra $100 OBC. We are passing on that offer. 
I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.
It’s National Chocolate Milk Day.  I could go for a glass.

image.png.df493de587f60358529ebb64192c1d09.png

• Like 20

Doctor appointments were just six month wellness checks and we passed. My doctor did advise to get Covid booster, flu shot and RSV separately on different dates to avoid possible overload of reactions. Covid booster booked tomorrow.

My doctor said he has not had to hospitalize one patient in a year for Covid. Covid is now your annual flu shot option.

He prescribed enough refills that my pharmacy can override enough meds for entire world cruise.

Today Florida, in our area,  did not live up too being the Sunshine state. Overcast but just a few sprinkles. We could really use a good soaking.

Dinner, Jeopardy, the Wheel and debates. Have a great evening. B.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 18

@Cruising-along I'm another raising a toast to your anniversary and that gorgeous photo. I love weddings!  I love small weddings - ours was at our house, 17 people. Perfect and so much fun. 

@Crazy For Catswe too received that extraordinarily generous offer, and passed. They need to up the ante on that one!

Hugs for all who need them (that is all of us), but there are some who qualify for buckets full.  

Happy packing for those running all over their house like I am!

Best ~~

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Greeting from Quebec Dailyites!!

it was an early start but everything went like clockwork! Air Canada flights were on time, entering Canada using the ArriveCAN app made it the speediest entry ever. We are pleased with our room at Hotel 71. The weather is gorgeous. We are having dinner al fresco near the hotel. Life is good.

Do you think this cute guy is my type?

-Cat

IMG_5154.jpeg

IMG_7285.jpeg

• Like 25

Good evening, it was a nice sunny day but it will not last. Rain is expected tomorrow night and part of Friday Next week is supposed to be beautiful and warm. 
   Picked up the first cans of special food for Houdini, 6 cans were $10, he better eat it all.

I’m going to see about ordering online for a discount. 
  Tomorrow I have an appointment at Hershey for the second round of Botox, 🤞 it works better than the first round. 
Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 16

Good evening.  We are as ready as we can be for tomorrow.  Everything is in the small carry on except what we need tomorrow morning.  I can't believe I got everything we will need for one or two nights for two people in a small hand carry bag.  We never leave home this light, but I couldn't see dragging a rolling carry on around the hospital.  We have to leave here at 7:45 am and I don't know if I'll have time to get on the Daily before we leave.

1 hour ago, Ichiban Nekko said:

Greeting from Quebec Dailyites!!

it was an early start but everything went like clockwork! Air Canada flights were on time, entering Canada using the ArriveCAN app made it the speediest entry ever. We are pleased with our room at Hotel 71. The weather is gorgeous. We are having dinner al fresco near the hotel. Life is good.

Do you think this cute guy is my type?

-Cat

IMG_5154.jpeg

IMG_7285.jpeg

I'm glad you made it safely to Quebec City.  If I don't get a chance before you sail Saturday, Bon Voyage, and have a great cruise.  

BonVoyage.png.6b0702c20c43d61778342bb5fab3aab0.png

40 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good evening, it was a nice sunny day but it will not last. Rain is expected tomorrow night and part of Friday Next week is supposed to be beautiful and warm. 
   Picked up the first cans of special food for Houdini, 6 cans were $10, he better eat it all.

I’m going to see about ordering online for a discount. 
  Tomorrow I have an appointment at Hershey for the second round of Botox, 🤞 it works better than the first round. 
Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

I hope Houdini likes his new cat food.  We were able to return the unopened cans of special cat food when our Nikki died before she could eat them.

@cruzn single  Mary Kay, if I don't get home before you sail, I hope you have a great cruise.

BonVoyage.png.83f78da34b7bcef129e68337bb6b147c.png

Lenda

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2