🐾 🐾  Sea Dog gets Wet, a "Soggy Adventure LIVE" 10-21-23

Sea Dog

11 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

It’s 2am, I can’t sleep. Again like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa I am consumed with anxious anticipation. Today is Soggy Day.

Sign.thumb.jpeg.350450d36618b4888ba5dfe65f452072.jpeg

But first a Soggy backstory

Remember in my first post where I mentioned the only reason we booked this cruise was to go to Tortola and take an excursion to Jost Van Dyke and the famous Soggy Dollar Bar? I stated that it took an unexpected turn. Well imagine my horror, disbelief, anger etc…etc…etc… when you get an email like this.

Screenshot2023-08-15at11_23_49AM.thumb.png.e224d8df9ec9bf9b258bdba83ee97d3f.png

Can you imagine my horror and disbelief?

What do I do???? Do I cancel the whole cruise? Find an alternative excursion? We had our Cruise Critic friends joining us on this excursion. I reached out to them with a question. Would you be willing to charter a boat on our own to take us to JVD and Soggy? They all responded with an enthusiastic “Yes.” I knew that this would be the only way we could do it as chartering a boat is not cheap. I started researching charter companies and reached out to them. I received an email from Chillout Charters. They said they would be happy to accommodate us. It would be $1850 for a 7.5 hour excursion and that we could even go to numerous stops. The price included your friendly captain, snorkeling gear, a selection of beverages, Cruising Permits, and National Park Fees. 

We did have a little issue. The ship was to be in port from 7am-3pm. Not a lot of time. Chillout suggested a 6 hour charter for $1650 and we could still go to multiple locations but after checking with the group they were fine with just JVD and not feeling rushed. Bam!!! Booked. I cannot tell you how relieved I was. I had to do my happy dance.

giphy.gif

Now if you noticed my title it said Sea Dog Gets wet, Why??? Well when you visit the Soggy Dollar at Jost Van Dyke there is no dock at White Bay. Literally the boats pull up close to shore and you jump in and swim to the beach. Hence the name “Soggy Dollar Bar.” I have come prepared with my dry/wet bag for crisp dry currency.

Stay tuned more later.

That dance is not good for your knees.

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Did you get any sleep last night Greg?  Seems like you were posting through most of the night.  I can't wait to read about your Soggy Dollar adventure.  Although expensive, I bet that the private boat ride will make the trip that much better.  I've got the webcam loaded up just waiting to see you guys arrive.  Have a great day!  

No I did not.

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Never mind...got it back to real time and guess who's there?

image.thumb.png.c7f559df401c5b6ad3d76e26fd9b5cdb.png

Edit: Looks like there's a white plastic cup in his hand. 😉

Nailed it. Video later.

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Actually, I can't confirm 100% that it was Greg on the webcam, but the guy is wearing a Seadog tee shirt, is shooting a video, is wearing a brace on his knee, and has a Painkiller in his hand.  I'd say the odds are pretty good.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looks like the gang is enjoying some refreshments in the water.  I'm getting way too much vicarious enjoyment watching the webcam.  This must be what stalkers feel like. 🫣

Thank you we couldn’t get everybody on the same page when to do it. I was going to pull up the webcam on my phone and screenshot us, but I had trouble connecting.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I Have No Words!!!!

IMG_3216.thumb.jpeg.94224c074684cf473a1d00d3b8074640.jpeg

Give me moment to sober up and thoughtfully express the proper verbiage.

Proof of life!

Goodness, were they all Painkillers?  Hope you all found your way back to the ship! Looks like you had a fabulous time.

• Like 1