Black Friday starts the 9th.

30 minutes ago, thepla said:

Mine is weird.   Book chops lunch and shows booked in calendar, royal has two entries one a charge and one a credit, both pending . Btw it's at 16.99.

I go to calendar and go to change day and says oops when I hit manage reservation.

One other question, if boarding is 12:30 is it safe to book 1:30 same day as boarding.m?

I dont think you can change the day of your reservation just by clicking on the calendar. I could be wrong but that is what I read. Have to wait until you are onboard to change. Cancel yes, move to another date no.

Boarding at 12:30 should be ok for 1:30 lunch, assuming nothing unusual.

45 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Only thing that caught my eye so far is 50% off the Evian 1L package.  Think someone mentioned it before at $33.99 for 24.  Grabbed that for all the future cruises I could.

We did the same except we only grab the 12 pack.  The price, depending on the cruise, was either 16.99 or 18.99.

• Like 2

When I go to my account there's a big banner Black Friday preview and the usual 30% and kids sail free and up to $700 off.  Did mocks bookings of some sails in 2025 and same high prices. 🤣 No movement in prices whatsoever.  

Just hoping.

On 11/8/2023 at 8:26 PM, Newcruiser215 said:

Oddly enough, many of the items in my cruise planner are noticeably cheaper than yesterday. Refreshment package is now 23.99/pp-pd vs 33.99 yesterday. All specialty lunch is 40% off. I wonder if they’ve already started the sale. 

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised by the discounts!  

On 11/8/2023 at 8:36 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

I am seeing some sale items for cococay on the app but not letting me book them.   Hideaway sale for $30.99, beach club $98, jet ski $59 pp, 

I couldn't book online either, but I called and got everything I wanted quickly.  

On 11/9/2023 at 6:19 AM, SquishTheWhale said:

I'm dithering over the 10 photo package. We used to get a lot of on board photos but haven't sailed Royal since Covid and I've heard there may not be many photographers on board now? Can anyone confirm how much it costs to buy 1 or 2 photos on board?

I saw photographers onboard last week. They were doing a brisk business on formal night and Halloween.  

On 11/9/2023 at 7:05 AM, TwoMisfits said:

I am undecided if I will spring for food I've already bought (leaning against, as you can tell) or soda for the kids ... 

Off-topic, but I always bought the soda package when my girls were teens.  I lectured them before cruises about NEVER drinking a drink that'd been out of their sight for even a moment, and the soda package made that easier.  They never had to choose between finishing a drink they'd purchased vs. being safe.  

On 11/9/2023 at 8:36 AM, marci22 said:

Regardless, once people know it's happening and start booking, your preferred options may no longer be available.

Yes.  I purchased a small item yesterday for $8.99, and it's $9.99 now.  It seems to me that Royal'd start with the lower prices and raise them for people who don't buy right away.  

On 11/9/2023 at 9:30 AM, The Fun Researcher said:

It is definitely on selective things.

Well, yeah, that's to be expected.  

On 11/9/2023 at 9:47 AM, dcgrumpy said:

It's on sale for $152 for my cruise. Insanity. LOL 

My take on that:  for less than that, I can have a season's pass at a water park near home.  One day of fun (on a cruise, where fun is easy to find) vs. a summer of visits.  

On 11/9/2023 at 10:23 AM, shof515 said:

noticed the same thing for my cruise next year. with this "sale" i am only saving  only 10 dollars or less 

Small discounts are still discounts.  

On 11/9/2023 at 10:41 AM, OCSC Mike said:

Of course then they will likely have a Cyber Monday Sale that may or may not be identical.

I hadn't thought of that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Don’t do what I did.  

I waited until evening to talk to the DH about an excursion that was on sale. It went up $15 pp while I waited.  Still saved a little but I should’ve just bought it. So yes prices are changing frequently.  I’m wondering if so many purchased that it then kicks it up?

We're going on a family cruise in March. Yesterday morning I booked a shore excursion that we all wanted to go on. I sent emails/called the rest of the family to let them know that the price had gone down for the sale. By the time the rest of the family had booked later in the day, the price had gone up $4. It was still cheaper than before the sale, but it was $4 more than what I paid.

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Mine just says early access not preview.  I hope you are right.  I would really like a few more deals on things that didn't go on sale for me.  

ScreenShot2023-11-10at11_20_03AM.thumb.png.b9fceb03ebadd06a90a48108452add6a.png

I take that to mean that we just have early access to the same Black Friday sale.

1 hour ago, blueslily said:

For those of you that sail on Royal and Celebrity, does Celebrity get any good deals on cruise planner options during Black Friday? 

I was wondering the same thing since we have a cruise booked with Celebrity in December. So far I have not seen any cruise planner sales on Celebrity

6 hours ago, blueslily said:

For those of you that sail on Royal and Celebrity, does Celebrity get any good deals on cruise planner options during Black Friday? 

I currently have 5 cruises booked on Celebrity (Constellation, Summit, Reflection, Silhouette and Apex) thru next April. I have not seen any sales on these cruises, but I plan to keep checking every day. 

Wow, some are getting great deals! Not so much for Oasis spring break. I was hoping early March would be a little outside the main spring break cruises but, not so much! Only a little savings on some lunches. I'll keep trying back. Thanks for the heads up Ken!

18 minutes ago, HxFx said:

I was hoping early March would be a little outside the main spring break cruises but, not so much!

I've learned spring breaks are all over the map. Some are even in late February apparently. 🤷‍♀️

On 11/9/2023 at 6:22 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

I did purchase beach club for $98 last night.   We were there in September for $79 and said probably wouldn't pay more than that since there are nice free areas but we did enjoy that area so I grabbed it and will see if we keep it.

I already bought lunch at Jamie's on national Italian day in October for $15.

I suspect they are not releasing all sale prices at once and will monitor some other items. 

I have never bought that. Do you feel that there were enough chairs and umbrellas for all? We usually don't go out till around 11 and sometimes skip this stop due to crowds and that I dislike the food.  Was the eating area less crowded than the regular one?  Mine is on sale for 124.00 ( down from 249.99) on Wonder in Jan. 

24 minutes ago, budmeister said:

I have never bought that. Do you feel that there were enough chairs and umbrellas for all? We usually don't go out till around 11 and sometimes skip this stop due to crowds and that I dislike the food.  Was the eating area less crowded than the regular one?  Mine is on sale for 124.00 ( down from 249.99) on Wonder in Jan. 

We have been to the beach club a bunch of times of the years.    We always enjoy the area.   You feel like you are at a beach resort.    Plenty of chairs and umbrellas.  I have never seen it full even with 2 large ships docked for the day.    They will serve you drinks at your lounge chair, just raise the little flag on the lounger and a staff member will be right over to help you     The towels there are so much nicer than those blue towels.    Floating mat is included.     The beach area is very clean and easy to get in and out of the water, no big drop offs in the sand.   

The swimming pool is also very nice and is accessible for anyone with mobility issues.   Bathroom and I believe I saw showers also available within the club.   

The food is Terrific.  When you first enter the area they have a hostess that will make a lunch reservation (or you can make a reservation ahead of time while onboard your ship).   We picked 1 pm but then decided we were ready around 12:30 and had no problem with getting a table.   When there in September we had grilled lobster and filet mignon and they brought out extra lobster--no additional charge.     I do not remember the name of it but we split a fabolous chocolate brownie desert (it was very large).       We normally don't eat that much for lunch so we had salads for dinner that night.     

• Like 3

Going on Harmony January 7th with Wife and Kid (9). We're loyal RCI people but haven't been on a cruise since 2019. I don't remember drink packages being so insanely expensive back then, but I suppose I could be remembering things incorrectly.

I snagged a Coke package for Kid at $8.99/day. Seems fair enough even though it's not a massive sale.

I'd really like to get the Unlimited Drink Package for Wife and myself, but holy cow! They're "on sale" for $77.99pp/pd plus 18% gratuity. Do they ever actually get less expensive than that? If not, I'm likely to pull the trigger on the Refreshments package that's down to $23.99pp/pd right now.

3 minutes ago, Wheels Up said:

I'd really like to get the Unlimited Drink Package for Wife and myself, but holy cow! They're "on sale" for $77.99pp/pd plus 18% gratuity. Do they ever actually get less expensive than that? If not, I'm likely to pull the trigger on the Refreshments package that's down to $23.99pp/pd right now.

That’s been pricing off & on for awhile. Maybe a buck less. They just raised them before this ‘sale’ on cruises I’ve booked 

that said, you can always buy yourself the unlimited drink pkg and get the Mrs the refreshment pkg 

20 minutes ago, Wheels Up said:

Going on Harmony January 7th with Wife and Kid (9). We're loyal RCI people but haven't been on a cruise since 2019. I don't remember drink packages being so insanely expensive back then, but I suppose I could be remembering things incorrectly.

I snagged a Coke package for Kid at $8.99/day. Seems fair enough even though it's not a massive sale.

Go ahead and purchase what you want now on sale. If price goes down, you can always cancel and rebook it!

• Like 1