Jim_Iain Live - 2nd Half World Cruise - B2B Singapore to Down Under 11/25 – 12/21

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

In the early 70's, I had to bail one of my sailors out of the jail in Singapore.  He was smoking in a cab and threw his cigarette butt out the window when he finished.  The Cab driver reported him and he did not have the money for a fine so they jailed him until I showed up and paid his fine. 

It has a well deserved and very proud tradition of being one of the, if not the, cleanest cities on the planet. 

Love it.   Surprisingly by the size of Tokyo I was really impressed with how clean it was also.

You got to remember we live near San Francisco.    SF can be terribly dirty but is currently shining like a new penny.     The moved the street people and drug users out for the Apex Conference and steam cleaned the whole lock down area.     Wonder how long that will last.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Thank you, Jim.  Looking forward to following your adventures!

Thanks..... I'm following you on your adventure.   For all of you how haven't seen @Georgia_Peaches live -  She is setting of on a Pre and Pre- Maiden B2B cruise on Ascent departing on November 22.  

Can't wait tor see the pictures and hear of your experience.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, StopTheWorld said:

Following along. We have booked a B2B Australia and New Zealand for Jan 25 and considering a stopover in Singapore on the journey over (from Scotland). 

Incredible.   As long as you are taking the long flight you might as well take a stopover.   Singapore is one of the easiest cities to get around and everyone is so friendly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, venicecruiser said:

Oh goody!  Another adventure to follow along on!  Safe travels and have a wonderful time!

Claudia

Glad you will be coming along. 

Feel free to join in and I also will try to answer all questions .

Will be back a little later it's 10:00 AM and time for my last 10 mile walk prior to departure. 

We had our first rain of the year yesterday (ok only 1/3 of an inch but we get excited about things like that).   The skies are crystal blue and everything so clean with 9 months of dust washed off.    Will be interesting to see if the Steven's Creek is running.

• Like 4

Have fun on your trip! We will be looking forward to your posts on the trip. Will also let you know how the Ascent is on B2B madien voyage starting on December 3rd in Sky Suite.  Are you in a Celebrity Suite this time? 

Say hello to Ian for us. 

• Like 3

Yea! After Charla great report, I can now  have yours to read each day . I so enjoy being a virtual traveller with you and Iain on your new adventure to parts of the world I always find exotic .

Edited by Azulann
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Love it.   Surprisingly by the size of Tokyo I was really impressed with how clean it was also.

You got to remember we live near San Francisco.    SF can be terribly dirty but is currently shining like a new penny.     The moved the street people and drug users out for the Apex Conference and steam cleaned the whole lock down area.     Wonder how long that will last.

Tokyo is an amazing city.  I use to love going there on my days off.  Obviously my main destination was all the electronic & parts shops in Akihabara. 

We’ve not been to San Francisco, other than an hour and a half layover last Tuesday morning, in years.  I am hoping they can keep it clean and well kept.  It was not a pleasant sight the last time we were there. 

• Like 2

Greetings Jim and Iain! Love Singapore it is a fabulous city! Looking forward to reading more of your adventures!

We wish you all the best on your cruise and wish that you and Iain always have

Fair Winds and Following Seas!!!!!

Looking forward to your review. Considering a Singapore to Hong Kong cruise next year and plan to spend a few days precruise in Singapore. Keeping adding another day to the schedule after investigating all the things to do and from feedback on CC.  Will be especially interested in seeing all the new ports you visit 

I am heading to FLL to get on Ascent next Sunday, for the 3 night shakedown trip. Will be watching your hand-off from NorwayLady. The journey doesn’t end😊

safe travels tonight!

Hi Jim 

I love reading your reviews and you pictures and writing style are excellent. But your last live review had over 7000 posts and for me I do not really want to scroll through hundreds of posts that repost your pictures and say hi, sorry I just want to read your experience. So here is a suggestion is it possible for you to start a second thread for those that wish to ask questions etc. Hope I do not offend anyone. Have a great trip 

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Jim_Iain -  2nd Half World Cruise -  B2B Singapore to Down Under 11/25 – 12/21

Celebrity-Edge-at-sea.thumb.webp.a73e947d9da30fe24017237431e51e9a.webp

Welcome!    Come along and join us for another adventure.  

As an introduction we are Jim (who writes these Live Posts) and Iain, who ends up in most of the pictures.   We have been together 34 years -  or as Iain just said “34 long hard years”  LOL.

Are were  among of the first to be Gay Couples to be married in California.  We were legally married June 2008 days after the California Supreme Court ruled the restriction of Gay Marriage was illegal.   5 Months later California had a referendum to change the constitution and make it illegal again.   Luckily the State Supreme court ruled a small group of 4,000 marriage were grandfathered and would remain legal.  It was another 7 years before the Supreme Court Legalized Gay Marriage Nation Wide. 

We have 3 kids and 5 Grand Children.  

We live in Sunnyvale, CA which is in my mind is a small town of 160,000 in the heart to Silicon Valley.   Sunnyvale is about 50 miles south of San Francisco and 10 miles north of San Jose. 

Ok..  Enough of the background. 

So glad it’s finally here! Looking forward to following along in your adventures and the great photos of Iain and all the doors! Maybe even Iain standing by some doors! Safe travels and have an easy flight!