The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday, December 22nd, 2023

kazu

Greetings from Cruz Bay, St John, USVI. The good ship Zaandam tendered us ashore today at our first port call. It is picture perfect day here, sunny and 80F, with a gentle breeze. The Seabourn Quest is also here, arriving about 3 hours after us. I know the Prinsendam use to tender here, but not sure if the other Holland America Line ships have. 

Sadly, the production shows that were on for the Grand South America have left. Otherwise, the Zaandam is pleasing us.

Our oceanview room, 1912, does not have the retrofit bathroom with new shower. We understand the Main Deck, 2, does have the new showers. Annette, future travel, told me at the Mariners happy hour, that they will retrofit the remaining ones in 2025.

20231222_131410.thumb.jpg.02a386c761d0a8f2bb3c296652d11e32.jpg

20231222_110106.jpg

20231222_110122.jpg

20231220_134638.jpg

20231220_154129.jpg

20231220_190234.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon to all of you.  Finally a port that I can add something too.  We went to Ketchikan on the N. Amsterdam during our land sea Alaska trip.  I had twin uncles one of whom had a marine radio business in Ketchikan many years ago, and the other one always went up there in the summer to help install equipment for him. Anyway, always wanted to go there and finally made it.  Most of our pictures are like the ones already posted, but I will try to add one more.  We visited the  Hump Island Oyster farm with four other people while we were there.  It was a great excursion with a tour around the city, and a drive out to a cove where a boat took us out to the farm on Hump Island.  There was a tour of the facility, and an explanation  growing process.  Then came the best part, fresh oysters right from the water.  They were great!!

@kazu Thanks for keeping the FR&D going while Rich is away, and our condolences on the loss of your DBIL's mother.  

@richwmn Enjoy your cruise, what an adventure, I will be following on the other thread.

To all the other daily contributors thank you for being here.  Merry Christmas eve, eve, eve.  

20220603_155737.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Happy Friday!  We have been to Ketchikan, it was our 1st cruise, we sailed on the Westerdam.  It was a very nice adventure!  We visited the Saxman Totem museum and then walked around the town. The scenery as we arrived that morning was very impressive! 

I'm not sure about the meal, not a wine drinker, and math was never my strong area.  At my "welcome to medicare" visit, she made me count backwards from 100 by 7's.  That did not go well!  We are done making cookies, and will share them today and on Christmas.  

@grapau27good to hear that your friend was able to be dc'd from the hospital, prayers that all goes well.  Your table yesterday was beautiful!  We watched a Hallmark movie yesterday, and someone was supposed to get the Crackers, she brought the eating kind of Crackers!  She learned what they were supposed to be!  

@RMLincolnThe baby is very cute, and so alert!  

@cruising sisteryour little one is beautiful!  Looks like she is enjoying her spa treatment! 

@kazu@1ANGELCATcondolences to you and your family members.

Tonight our church school children have their Christmas service, we're volunteering tonite, haven't been to one of these services in many years.  Can't wait to be there!  

Have a good day, hugs to all who need them and cheers to those cruising and celebrating!  Karen

P1050978.JPG

P1050929.JPG

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Just trying to do a quick catch up and I am sure I will miss some so please bear with me.

6 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

@grapau27 Prayers for Pauline's friend.

+1 - glad to hear of the release and hope for a quick recovery.

6 hours ago, summer slope said:

Happy Friday.  My tooth extraction is healing nicely.

That‘s great news, Dixie. 👍 

6 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

IMG_3498.thumb.jpeg.fbd88fcc6006e0caaa327f851b21e9af.jpeg

Your sister is absolutely right. He is adorable ♥️ 

6 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Sam had his six-month checkup yesterday at home and our vet felt he was in better condition than when she last saw him! His tumor hasn't grown and some of the fluid appears to have been re-absorbed. Her prognosis has changed (thankfully!) to possibly another year with him. Last Summer she was predicting making a choice by April.Sam is now 11 years old which is great for an Alaskan Malamute his size. He just loves her massages while examining him!

What wonderful news!  

I know all too well the life line for big dogs.  My big white mountain dog, Maverick lived for to be nearly 13.  I was very worried at our last check up looking at the lifeline scale on her wall and the vet laughed at me and said he was in such good shape he would probably make it to 16.  Cancer two months later - it’s a vicious disease and I am so glad Sam’s tumour is stable ❤️ 

6 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

IMG_10321.thumb.JPG.b7e63651ce652505278a3ff2cc5a5b22.JPG

IMG_10331.thumb.JPG.da885bdb0815da6d986274030edec468.JPG

Sweet boy and such a comfy environment for him ♥️ 

Mobile vet?  they are the best!

5 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good morning. We received a phone call this morning from Lynda that her DH Bill passed this morning around 3:30 💔🙏 She also said that she lost a cousin Drew earlier today. 💔🙏

We’re leaving for Hershey around 10:00

Blessinhs and prayers to all on our lists.

I am so very sorry to hear this 😢. My condolences to Lynda and you and all the family for the sad loss.  It’s especially heard at this time of year 💔 

Safe travels and prayers for you all 🙏 

5 hours ago, richwmn said:

It is almost 6am in San Diego. In about 5 hours I will leave for the port to board Volendam. I hope everyone has a great weekend and holiday season.

So exciting Rich and you are slowly adapting to the time 👍. Have an absolutely fantastic time 🙂 

4 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

Boarded the flight to Chicago and all of a sudden they are asking for any medical professionals.  I raised my hand and the woman next to me did also - she was a doctor.  We went to the back of the plane and assessed the patient.  Everything went ok and we continued the flight.  Got on the next plane to FLL and no problems there BUT trying to get the shuttle to the hotel - I think I could have walked here.  They told me the wrong place to stand so I didn't get to the hotel until 3 hours after arrival.  I was starved.  But the room is really nice and I would stay here again.

God bless you for stepping up and helping ♥️

this is not a first for you.  You always help others ♥️ 

I know from personal experience from the kindness you gave me nearly a year ago on the Koningsdam.  I will never, ever forget it ♥️ 

4 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

I am excited.  Off to another adventure.

I hope you have an absolutely wonderful, perfect time.  You deserve it.

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

I got very good news last night from my sister -- DBIL's latest PSA test showed a marked improvement since his treatment started.  His PSA went down from 6.9 to 3.85 so we're all celebrating that!  

That is great news.  Good to hear 👍 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, quilty964 said:

Happy Friday!  We have been to Ketchikan, it was our 1st cruise, we sailed on the Westerdam.  It was a very nice adventure!  We visited the Saxman Totem museum and then walked around the town. The scenery as we arrived that morning was very impressive! 

I'm not sure about the meal, not a wine drinker, and math was never my strong area.  At my "welcome to medicare" visit, she made me count backwards from 100 by 7's.  That did not go well!  We are done making cookies, and will share them today and on Christmas.  

@grapau27good to hear that your friend was able to be dc'd from the hospital, prayers that all goes well.  Your table yesterday was beautiful!  We watched a Hallmark movie yesterday, and someone was supposed to get the Crackers, she brought the eating kind of Crackers!  She learned what they were supposed to be!  

@RMLincolnThe baby is very cute, and so alert!  

@cruising sisteryour little one is beautiful!  Looks like she is enjoying her spa treatment! 

@kazu@1ANGELCATcondolences to you and your family members.

Tonight our church school children have their Christmas service, we're volunteering tonite, haven't been to one of these services in many years.  Can't wait to be there!  

Have a good day, hugs to all who need them and cheers to those cruising and celebrating!  Karen

P1050978.JPG

P1050929.JPG

Thank you and nice photos.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, kazu said:

Just trying to do a quick catch up and I am sure I will miss some so please bear with me.

+1 - glad to hear of the release and hope for a quick recovery.

That‘s great news, Dixie. 👍 

Your sister is absolutely right. He is adorable ♥️ 

What wonderful news!  

I know all too well the life line for big dogs.  My big white mountain dog, Maverick lived for to be nearly 13.  I was very worried at our last check up looking at the lifeline scale on her wall and the vet laughed at me and said he was in such good shape he would probably make it to 16.  Cancer two months later - it’s a vicious disease and I am so glad Sam’s tumour is stable ❤️ 

Sweet boy and such a comfy environment for him ♥️ 

Mobile vet?  they are the best!

I am so very sorry to hear this 😢. My condolences to Lynda and you and all the family for the sad loss.  It’s especially heard at this time of year 💔 

Safe travels and prayers for you all 🙏 

So exciting Rich and you are slowly adapting to the time 👍. Have an absolutely fantastic time 🙂 

God bless you for stepping up and helping ♥️

this is not a first for you.  You always help others ♥️ 

I know from personal experience from the kindness you gave me nearly a year ago on the Koningsdam.  I will never, ever forget it ♥️ 

I hope you have an absolutely wonderful, perfect time.  You deserve it.

That is great news.  Good to hear 👍 

Pauline's best friends husband has just received an MRI appointment for next Friday.

They found an old bleed and a blockage on his brain scan today.

I'm really sorry to hear your DBIL mother has died.

Condolences to her family and friends.

Thank you for taking the reins of the daily.

Best wishes.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Graham, that is good news.  I hope he recovers completely.

Our first visit to Ketchikan was in June 1993, in the pre-digital age on the old Sky Princess.  We have been back there many times, mostly on BHB's and in all kinds of weather.  I have too many pictures for one post.  It may even take three posts.

In 2012 and 2014 we visited Ketchikan five times on Amsterdam.  We generally do multiple b2bs in Alaska figuring we'll get at least one decent day in the ports.

In 2012, we booked two tours using 2 for 1 coupons from the Great Alaskan Tour Saver.  The first one was a float plane flight to Misty Fjords.  Most of my pictures are the same as those posted earlier.  This tour was interesting, but it is one and done, since we came within seconds of flying into one of the mountains.  Fortunately, the fog cleared just in time for the pilot to pull up and turn very sharply.

P1000540.thumb.JPG.b3b29c8a4c8eabbbc503bca3731fb45d.JPG

We landed on calm bay and had the opportunity to step out on the pontoon.  After the near miss, neither of us nor the other couple wanted to do that.

P1000566.thumb.JPG.37ee5b6dd7f5cadf6d0eb4328fac1a82.JPG

The next time the Amsterdam took us to Ketchikan, we took the Duck Tour.  It was disappointing as we did not spend very long on the water, and most of the time was touring downtown.

P1010078.thumb.JPG.687f861cd3234d87dfdbeb994cc9b6e1.JPG

P1010080.thumb.JPG.62ff582046443e8ea9fcaca89038bfbb.JPG

In 2012, we did b2b2bs on Amsterdam.  We arranged to take the Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour on the Aleutian Ballad.  The ship had been a crab fishing boat and was featured in season 2 of Deadliest Catch when it was caught by a wave and rolled 360 degrees.  They showed that scene from the show on the boat.

P1050574.thumb.JPG.23d43bc63d327fd92e4f67b34c828af9.JPG

P1040235.thumb.JPG.7bb65aae93356d0938898282c53b8a78.JPG

P1040259.thumb.JPG.eece6cc81cfbadddd6d796ded2ccac7a.JPG

It is illegal to feed Bald Eagles in Alaska.  However, the tour took us to an island owned by one of the native corporations where they also owned the surrounding water, and the law did not apply.  The crew cut up bait fish and threw them toward the eagles.  It was amazing to watch the eagles catch the fish.

P1040276.thumb.JPG.1c5fd6c5d6b9fdc47e7c4189a6911c5d.JPG

P1040289.thumb.JPG.e5122d8ac782f66a698de4ba19e78857.JPG

Another part of the tour was demonstrating the various crab traps and other traps.  They would haul the traps up and show us the catch, which was then released.

P1040315.thumb.JPG.0f5d04eb56fa97418ef542c8bbd5d478.JPG

We also learned that an octopus is really very, very floppy.

P1040342.thumb.JPG.07924ae4839c0f0e284b93391b376964.JPG

On one of the subsequent visits to Ketchikan, we took an off road tour featuring Tom-Toms, an Israeli built ATV.  DH did not like how it drove.  It was wet, misty and cold up in the mountains, but it turned out it was dry and sunny in town.

P1040953.thumb.JPG.5038f836182abbfc01ff7f18138dae84.JPG

We were the height of fashion that day.  

P1040955.thumb.JPG.faa6339b24af4cde13af1bdd2b9b41c0.JPG

P1040956.thumb.JPG.bf539d44269682cce0044c99ff8e17d7.JPG

We stopped at one point to see a waterfall and to learn about the different plants and trees.

P1040959.thumb.JPG.bc511f05cc643a021375c869d02f8b03.JPG

I'll be back later with more pictures.  It's time for breakfast, and baking.

Lenda

We met you on one of those 2012 legs and would have loved to join you for the excursion- if only we would have “known” each other thru the daily!

• Like 12

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I like mathematics and was a math minor in college. Sadly no cookie exchange here. I'll salute Zimbabwe Unity. Nice quote. Pass on the meal (fake meat), and drink. I'd try the wine. I have been to Ketchikan. The USGA is older than I thought.

It's cloudy here, very drab, and 49F. I managed to sleep 4 hours last night, but I stayed in bed a while, because getting up starts the leg pain. I had to run one errand, to pick up the disc with my MRI. I would have liked to stop at a bakery to get some cookies, but walking is such a pain that I didn't stop. 

@richwmn Bon Voyage!

@Nickelpenny Bon Voyage! 

@kazu Thank you for starting us up today. 

@StLouisCruisers Nice photos. 

@grapau27  Prayers for Pauline's friend and her husband. Thanks for the update.

@RMLincoln Your niece's baby is adorable. I hope the closing on the condo goes smoothly.

@Heartgrove I'm glad Sam got a better prognosis this time from the vet. 

@Denise T Enjoy your time off work. Nice Ketchikan photos.

@1ANGELCAT I'm sorry to hear of the passing of Lynda's DH Bill and her cousin Drew. Condolences to their families and friends.

@dfish @ottahand7 @kochleffel @marshhawk @Quartzsite Cruiser @bennybear@sailingdutchy  Thanks for the Ketchikan photos.

@Suslor So sorry you developed Covid and spent the cruise in bed. I hope you will rebound quickly. 

@Cruzin Terri I'm sorry DH's test results upset you so much. I agree about getting results before any medical contact. My health system's portal lets you check a box to not see results if not yet reviewed by your provider. Patients frequently would call the office because a lab test was minutely abnormal, of no consequence, but all they saw was it was outside the normal range. Try not to worry too much until you see the Neurologist.

@Cruising-along Good news about DBIL's PSA responding to treatment. Thanks for the photos.

@cruising sister She's a cutie.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers to those Celebrating. Safe travels to all going to visit friends and family.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 8

@kazu  and  @1ANGELCAT, condolences on your losses. 

My trip to New Hampshire was fine and the DGC’s were a nice welcoming committee.Their dog is completely recovered from his unfortunate sock eating/surgery episode.It is a clear cold day here but there is no snow.

@Cruzin Terri, I understand the feelings you expressed. if I can help translate, please let me know. 

Take care everyone and enjoy the cruises!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Thank you @kazu  for posting the locations of the HAL Fleet, and the daily,  Thanks for the food and drink information and photos of Ketchikan, which bring back good memories of our two visits there on the beautiful Volendam.

This morning fog is stopping us from viewing the Pacific Ocean.

Have not posted much lately,  we been quite busy, including  taking family members to lunch, the restaurant was very busy, fortunately we had booked a private room for the 12 of us, so a pleasant get together away from the busyness of the main  room.  Thursday we were out for morning tea, then lunch, and in the evening we had visitors here.  

Will read all the posts later, must go and dip peppermint truffles in melted chocolate.

• Like 20

@Cruzin Terri I always thank the doctors for asking me if I have reviewed the information on their portals.  I explain to them, that while I spent my parents money on an education, it was not in medicine, and I know not what they speak.  I do have a degree in Creative Writing with a core in education, and if they would like me to teach them to write poetry, or how to draw a horse I would be glad to tell them.  And then I ask them to tell me what is going on in plain English.  In other words, look at the info, write down your questions, and ask them to be honest and direct in their answers.  I personally don't even go to the portals.  At all. 

There is a saying if you are going to pray don't worry. (its in Gods hands) and if you are going to worry, don't pray. I cant control spell check, so you know who I leave my prayers with.  Sending you a hug.  And we are all here for you.  We will all support you.  Just reach out.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon after a busy day that is still not finished.  The messy baker appeared as I was making the pie crusts.  This time it was a spectacular mess.  As I was taking a pie shell out of the oven it slipped and hit the top of the oven and landed on the rack.  The shell broke in many pieces, some of which landed on the bottom of the hot oven.   Has anyone else ever vacuumed a hot oven?  We thought we might be able to salvage the shell, but no.  I need to make another one a little later.  So those pies will be finished after dinner or tomorrow morning.  At least, the pecan pies are safely in the over, and I hope to get them out safely too.  When I finish here, there is a mess waiting to be cleaned up.

The laundry is waiting to be folded and I still need to put the sheets one the bed.  My busy morning followed by an relaxing afternoon didn't happen.  Our rain finally started about 1 pm and was coming down steadily  the last time I looked.  As of about an hour ago, we'd gotten more than 1/10th of an inch, which is a lot for here.  It was really raining in the mountains to the east.

5 hours ago, Suslor said:

Thanks Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser  unfortunately day after boarding I was diagnosed with Covid and spent the whole cruise in bed. Thankfully my DH and DGS carried on. I had avoided it the entire pandemic, have all the shots, etc but it caught up with me. Hopefully a few days at home will let me recoup as we’re scheduled to leave 1/2 for seven weeks Asia cruise. Happy holidays everyone. Susan

Susan, I'm sorry you had Covid on your cruise.  I hope you have a speedy and full recovery.  I'm glad your DH an DGS stayed well.

5 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Good Friday Morning Dailyites!

You all know that I am not that great with sending out the right thing to say, you are all more eloquent than I am, but this season has been so hard on many of you, with losses of friends and loved ones, for health problems, with life changes.  I am sending you all warm and fuzzy hugs, and I hope that 2024 will bring back joy into your hearts, and good decent doctors into your lives.

I'm not sure I ever passed algebra.  Really.  I suck at math.  How I ever ended up with a minor in physics baffled not only me, but my professors.  My last physics professor put it down to common sense.  Which he said, few people actually have.  LOL, for years after I proved him wrong.....

DH and I have been to Ketchikan twice, both times it was sunny.  Both times we had a great time.

The first time we went, we went on a crab boat in some harbor which was followed by the most fantastic all you can eat Dungeness crab.  Oh my.  We wanted to do that again on this last trip, but our friend wanted to do something not so food oriented, so we took a boat cruise of Misty Fjords.

IMG_0351.thumb.JPG.0db128cbc322c556e9865e545b8e93a9.JPG

IMG_0356.thumb.JPG.a1a55f1586c8ade695d7cc138b96796c.JPG

IMG_0367.thumb.JPG.58ea88c394072f3f35196b82ff0213be.JPG

IMG_3464.thumb.JPG.dd5daf45e1f08091ece80128e548d030.JPG

image.png.9c2dec1e0074b2e55540d409b1b22f77.png

image.png.c8ee51a8c9d6f49217c58fa56bcb4f77.png

Annie, you said it very well when you sent us your wishes for the coming year.  I hope 2024 is good for both you and Chuck.

5 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning.

Happy Friday.   Thank you to @kazu Jacqui for the daily and for stepping up to fill in for Rich.

Thank you to Vanessa @JazzyV for the Cares and celebration list.   I hope you get some relief from your leg pain.

Thank you to the F&B ladies—Debbie @dfish, Ann @cat shepard and Dixie @summer slope for your dedication in making sure that we are fed and hydrated each day.

I must confess, I will pass on the meal and probably the drink.

I have been to Montepulciano and while I may not have had the exact wine in today’s Daily, all their wines are wonderful.

I have been to Ketchikan but my photos are not on this Ipad.

I was fairly good in Math but did not pursue it.  Set my sights on learning Spanish and becoming fluent in it.  My neighbor brought us some homemade cookies the other day.  We were grateful for them.  They were delicious.

I did not sleep well last night.  Too much on my mind.
We were encouraged to set up a Patient Portal with the Neurology Office.  DH does not use it, nor does he know how.  So it is up to me.  The results of the Mini Mental Exam done the first day were uploaded and that was okay, I guess.  Be got 26 out of 30 correct.

Yesterday the results of the MRI were uploaded, and this girl is trying to make sense of the report.  From what I can see there is a cause of concern.   I did not share any of it with him.  However, all I could think of, is how am I going to handle all this by myself as things get worse.  Now I should probably wait until we see the Doctor, but that is not until Jan. 11.  I really think they should wait to upload these results until the Doc can explain what is going on rather than leaving people to their own devices and wonder and fear the worse.
I shed a lot of tears last night

As you all know I have no family or support system. 

Today i will get the house in order.  Tomorrow we will go to Fresh Market and pick up our order for Christmas Day.  That is the best decision we made for dinner.  We will have enough for leftovers during the week.  That will give me a break.

Hope everyone has a good day.

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, know that all of us are here to support  you anyway we can.  I wish we could do so in person.

4 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Her first spa apIMG_1744.thumb.jpeg.16d442f9d4c86f16c4e6a4945e0eb6ef.jpegIMG_1748.thumb.jpeg.aaffccf0b8560200d2415f241cd4abce.jpegpointment 

She is adorable, and seems to be having a great time.

1 hour ago, superoma said:

We met you on one of those 2012 legs and would have loved to join you for the excursion- if only we would have “known” each other thru the daily!

I remember meeting you at the informal M&G which just a few of us attended.  We book the tour before the cruise, but for just the two of us.

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

My trip to New Hampshire was fine and the DGC’s were a nice welcoming committee.Their dog is completely recovered from his unfortunate sock eating/surgery episode.It is a clear cold day here but there is no snow.

@Cruzin Terri, I understand the feelings you expressed. if I can help translate, please let me know. 

Terry, I'm glad you arrived safely.  Enjoy your visit and DGS time.

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

I'll try to add a few more of my pictures from Ketchikan.  I always enjoy the sail away, and the trip down the channel.

First, this is an interesting totem that we saw in 2018.

DSC03892.thumb.JPG.b74e55753fc1dd056d9c8ead5222e671.JPG

DSC03894.thumb.JPG.539ceac7d38df8a697b87bc4cce92da1.JPG

Heading down the channel.

DSC03897.thumb.JPG.223904f6b9e6fde6bedeb29ed20a2160.JPG

DSC03898.thumb.JPG.478562f09d711ab83860750d2251a3c4.JPG

One of the Alaska Marine Highway ferries, Columbia.

P1000622.thumb.JPG.bafb56c555b702bf91b9bf78ce6e2d07.JPG

The drydock

P1000630.thumb.JPG.ac2750f4f48829d3fc0b2c06668d9738.JPG

DSC03221.thumb.JPG.43e58d7825bca648a0ebc267f4b10dad.JPG

The airport, which is reached by ferry.  Does anyone remember the bridge to nowhere controversy.  The bridge was supposed to connect Ketchikan with the airport.

P1010094.thumb.JPG.8f408d7241f161ff277690fc6e8ebe2e.JPG

P1000632.thumb.JPG.5eb16f5111f9a7f04f92aaad9bcf3ac4.JPG

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

The final set of pictures.  We have rented cars a few times in Ketchikan and driven both directions from town.

Heading southeast from town.  

P1050501.thumb.JPG.aa44e363ec4a2f20cb3be15106063237.JPG

P1050506.thumb.JPG.54e3479b3d5dd77fd2fb0e0229b1f27c.JPG

Now, going northwest from town.

P1050541.thumb.JPG.a762b47eaa95fcba7bce89a3be077e3b.JPG

Totem Bight State Historical Park.

P1050543.thumb.JPG.5afcb40be018080835ae04229a74bbd6.JPG

P1050544.thumb.JPG.304dd315dd845721baa37b00b39c6dd1.JPG

P1050546.thumb.JPG.f80b38d75111944e66c3f294b931d3b1.JPG

P1050547.thumb.JPG.7f9a74ca112b294d87d12f483a09c510.JPG

In 2018 on Zaandam, we were also fortunate to see their 4th of July Parade.  It was a warm, sunny day in the mid 80s, and the locals were complaining about the heat.  It was the only time we've left the ship in shorts and without a raincoat.  We watched the parade from the ship, which gave us a great viewpoint.

DSC03418.thumb.JPG.5205af85fe42349d7ef5da085b949f2b.JPG

DSC03423.thumb.JPG.14e05513b9ad76b72c0e3f3c37d0aa69.JPG

DSC03425.thumb.JPG.f4d4efd8e634b379e13aa751226dc98e.JPG

The flyover by the seaplanes.  These were just two of  many.

DSC03439.thumb.JPG.d33115593b210e6bc37e76576341a760.JPG

The final entrant.

DSC03454.thumb.JPG.40a66c53212505775c6fc05f3f939a82.JPG

Now, back to my mess.  I wonder if I can make it any worse when I make the replacement pie crust.

Lenda

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

I'm sorry DH's test results upset you so much. I agree about getting results before any medical contact. My health system's portal lets you check a box to not see results if not yet reviewed by your provider. Patients frequently would call the office because a lab test was minutely abnormal, of no consequence, but all they saw was it was outside the normal range. Try not to worry too much until you see the Neurologist.

Thank you Vanessa.

Terri

• Like 8

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Thank you Terry

Terri

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@Cruzin Terri I always thank the doctors for asking me if I have reviewed the information on their portals.  I explain to them, that while I spent my parents money on an education, it was not in medicine, and I know not what they speak.  I do have a degree in Creative Writing with a core in education, and if they would like me to teach them to write poetry, or how to draw a horse I would be glad to tell them.  And then I ask them to tell me what is going on in plain English.  In other words, look at the info, write down your questions, and ask them to be honest and direct in their answers.  I personally don't even go to the portals.  At all. 

There is a saying if you are going to pray don't worry. (its in Gods hands) and if you are going to worry, don't pray. I cant control spell check, so you know who I leave my prayers with.  Sending you a hug.  And we are all here for you.  We will all support you.  Just reach out.

Thanks Annie,

Terri

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1