Specialty Dining Increase?

Daniel A

On another thread about the new Princess app, there are many posts about very significant price increases for Specialty Dining.  Does anybody know if it's a glitch in the new app or has Princess drastically increased the prices for Specialty Dining?

20 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

On another thread about the new Princess app, there are many posts about very significant price increases for Specialty Dining.  Does anybody know if it's a glitch in the new app or has Princess drastically increased the prices for Specialty Dining?

It must be a glitch in the system because some are reporting the increase and others are not. 

• Like 3

I did report on seeing the price increases on the new App, when it came out 2 days ago.

I looked at CG showing $63 PP

Harmony & The Catch $53 PP

Seems some show it and others see the $39 & $35 prices still.

Is this a glitch or is there an increase coming?  IDK

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I did report on seeing the price increases on the new App, when it came out 2 days ago.

I looked at CG showing $63 PP

Harmony & The Catch $53 PP

Seems some show it and others see the $39 & $35 prices still.

Is this a glitch or is there an increase coming?  IDK

wasn't there a previous thread(s) about some high quality/grade beef coming soon - maybe associated with Nolan Ryan?

Could this be the increase for the CG?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, voljeep said:

wasn't there a previous thread(s) about some high quality/grade beef coming soon - maybe associated with Nolan Ryan?

IDK.  The Nolan Ryan beef will supposedly will be on the Regal out of Galveston. This price I show on the App, is the Majestic out of LA.

So, still a mystery.

Here is the article on Nolan Ryan.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/news/news-releases/2023/12/princess-cruises-brings-the-ranch-to-the-high-seas-with-goodstock-by-nolan-ryan

Edited by PacnGoNow

I was on the Island Princess 28 days this month. Sabatini's was $39 and Bayou was $39. Extra entree is $10. Since both were comped for being in a suite I could not tell you if there was an extra gratuity added on but it wasn't stated on the menu. Both restaurants were never full when we had dinner or when we merely walked by although Bayou was fuller then Sabitini's. 

• Like 3

Guest Snaxmuppet
11 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I was on the Island Princess 28 days this month. Sabatini's was $39 and Bayou was $39. Extra entree is $10. Since both were comped for being in a suite I could not tell you if there was an extra gratuity added on but it wasn't stated on the menu. Both restaurants were never full when we had dinner or when we merely walked by although Bayou was fuller then Sabitini's. 

Comped for being in a suite? Does that happen often?

1 hour ago, Snaxmuppet said:

Comped for being in a suite? Does that happen often?

Full suite get complimentary 1st night(embarkation) in a Specialty Restaurant . Some ships allow them to switch it to another night. You can have Concierge in lounge change if your ship has lounge, else call dine line or go to Specialty venue on embarkation to confirm or change if possible/allowed.

41 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Could it be that the new app still thinks that the Majestic will be in Australia when you are onboard?  The specialty prices are higher in AUD.

We aren’t going to OZ.  We originate in LA going to So America.  The prices for the beverage packages show correctly at $60 & $80 and the wifi shows the correct USD amount minus my 50% discount.

That’s what I thought at first, but it does show correctly on the rest of my booking.

Look at post #12.  These prices are definitely mixed up.

Edited by PacnGoNow

6 hours ago, voljeep said:

Good point!

My Regal Feb 2024 cruise has CG $39 still.

And

there was a post about Dario the butcher from Panzano Italy consulting for restaurants on the Sun Princess.  I don’t see any prices for my Sun bookings yet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

IDK.  The Nolan Ryan beef will supposedly will be on the Regal out of Galveston. This price I show on the App, is the Majestic out of LA.

So, still a mystery.

Here is the article on Nolan Ryan.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/news/news-releases/2023/12/princess-cruises-brings-the-ranch-to-the-high-seas-with-goodstock-by-nolan-ryan

I believe the Majestic is the issue.  I suspect the IT developer(s) have it loaded as AUD all the time and not checking by voyage.  Majestic is running in Australia/NZ now.  I realize yours isn't, but I get dollars-to-donuts that is the explanation.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I'm not seeing the increase...looks the same to me.

• Like 1

Guest Snaxmuppet
6 hours ago, wallyj said:

Full suite get complimentary 1st night(embarkation) in a Specialty Restaurant . Some ships allow them to switch it to another night. You can have Concierge in lounge change if your ship has lounge, else call dine line or go to Specialty venue on embarkation to confirm or change if possible/allowed.

Ah yes, I forgot first night. We are in a suite for the first time on our next cruise in April ... we must not forget that. Thanks 🙂 

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I believe the Majestic is the issue.  I suspect the IT developer(s) have it loaded as AUD all the time and not checking by voyage.  Majestic is running in Australia/NZ now.  I realize yours isn't, but I get dollars-to-donuts that is the explanation.

Coral Princess also in post by @dides and US  departure for @coo359a2..not sure which ship.

So, not just the Majestic.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

In the thread about the new Princess app, just added a screen shot from my phone showing the $63 price for Crown Grill.  Hoping that it is just a glitch as we won't be going at that price.

You’re seeing it on the ship from the US?  You are in the US.  What ship are you on?  

Edited by PacnGoNow

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I checked my account and CG is $63.00 for our SYD-SYD cruise and 2 days later it's $39.00 for our SYD-YVR leg. Both on the Majestic next year.  Our May 2025 cruises on the Emerald also show the $39.00 price. Think the crack IT dept is messed up again. 

Edited by Yehootu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1