Sea Pass Lanyard Question

This is probably a silly question but I’d like to be prepared…haven’t sailed since before Covid so not sure what to expect.  Does everyone still bring lanyards for their sea pass?  I have to wear a lanyard for work and I cannot stand it around my neck abc I want to forget work when I am on vacation?  I have lanyards I bought for a cruise that ended up canceled due to Covid so I can easily bring them, I just want to know the feasibility of not using it.  What other options might I have?  FYI…I am not a purse/bag girl either. 🙂

Posted (edited)

JMO but in 50+ cruises I never have and never will wear a lanyard for my SeaPass card.  I have a SeaPass card holder from a prior cruise that holds two cards (along with a center pocket which I use for extra drink tip $) and fits very well in my pocket.  And without that the SeaPass card is fine by itself in my pocket.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

This is probably a silly question but I’d like to be prepared…haven’t sailed since before Covid so not sure what to expect.  Does everyone still bring lanyards for their sea pass?  I have to wear a lanyard for work and I cannot stand it around my neck abc I want to forget work when I am on vacation?  I have lanyards I bought for a cruise that ended up canceled due to Covid so I can easily bring them, I just want to know the feasibility of not using it.  What other options might I have?  FYI…I am not a purse/bag girl either. 🙂

Never lanyard 

• Like 1

Its really up to you how you want to carry your card, I do a lanyard but that's because most of my clothes don't have pockets (well unless I wear workout clothing)

• Like 3

Thank you everyone!  I’m going to make sure I have pocketed bottoms because that makes more sense.  It’s Alaska, so long pants most likely most days on the ship anyway.  I really appreciate the input and the fact that I am not missing something.

My wife always wears a lanyard because most of her slacks do not have pockets. Since they no longer punch holes in your keys(Ascent in Jan), she bought a new lanyards with a clear plastic pocket to put her key in. 

2 hours ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Thank you everyone!  I’m going to make sure I have pocketed bottoms because that makes more sense.  It’s Alaska, so long pants most likely most days on the ship anyway.  I really appreciate the input and the fact that I am not missing something.

We received cardholders in our room.  Never use a lanyard...

• Like 1

I don’t care for lanyards. I found a cell phone case with a sliding cover on the back that I only use on vacation.  It holds two cards - usually my Sea Pass card and my id.  I want to be reachable by my college student son, so I always have that with me. Very handy…. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

Can you get a hole punched in your SeaPass or does that mess it up? Can we go to Guest Services and have it punched? That makes it a lot easier to carry on a lanyard!

It's apparently getting harder to get Guest Services to punch a hole in the card because the antenna for the RFID used for the electronic door locks is embedded in the card.  Most people I see with lanyards these days have plastic pouches that contain the card affixed to the lanyar. 

I use the card holder they provide you when sailing in a suite.  This, as mentioned above, has a pouch on both sides and I keep tip money in one and my card, and my spouses, in the other side.   I have also seen people use business card holders as well, but outside of a lanyard, pockets are required. 

39 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

Can you get a hole punched in your SeaPass or does that mess it up? Can we go to Guest Services and have it punched? That makes it a lot easier to carry on a lanyard!

Hello Again Mark, Remember Me ?

Go Blue !

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, LoveThatCorgi said:

I don’t care for lanyards. I found a cell phone case with a sliding cover on the back that I only use on vacation.  It holds two cards - usually my Sea Pass card and my id.  

I am also Team No Lanyard and I think one of those phone covers to hold card will help me when I wear pocketless pants! At this point DH is very accustomed to carrying my lipstick but I like to keep my card with me incase we wander in different directions. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruisegirlppp said:

I am also Team No Lanyard and I think one of those phone covers to hold card will help me when I wear pocketless pants! At this point DH is very accustomed to carrying my lipstick but I like to keep my card with me incase we wander in different directions. 

Yep I actually am thinking I might be able to stick it in my case…I’m going to try with my work ID or a credit card…it pops off easily enough.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Never did and never will! First I am on vacation and not on a convention, second - How could I look more touristy? 😁😉

Edited by Miaminice
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Miaminice said:

Never did and never will! First I am on vacation and not on a convention, second - How could I look more touristy? 😁😉

Everyone on a ship is a tourist. It's not the lanyard that gives you away. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

Everyone on a ship is a tourist. It's not the lanyard that gives you away. 😉

But if are walking around in Rome with a lanyard....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, keesar said:

But if are walking around in Rome with a lanyard....

Sure. But the Romans still know the tourists. You'll be doing, you know, tourist things.

I like using a lanyard, I don't have pockets in my dresses or skirts.

I would never put a sea pass or my mobile in my jeans pocket. (when on board, my phone is in the safe).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisegirlppp said:

This is the case I have, Spigen Slim Armor CS purchased on Amazon.

image.png.aea4f8f5e2b71ff618477b184e299c48.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1