2026 NCL Cruise Critic cruise (proposed)

22 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Here's what I think (not that anyone cares).

2026 will probably be our last NCL cruise (assuming we make it that far. Once you hit 70, you just never know).

We should schedule an NCL CC Board cruise. It would have to be somewhere cool...and a minimum of 10 days (seven days is way too short).

It would be great to cruise with all of you...well, most of you 😛   

Having said all that, it wouldn't necessarily have to be NCL. We have been looking to "expand our horizons" and would consider Princess, MSC, etc.

While I like the concept, you'll have to count me out.  We're limited to cruises of seven days or less because of our dogs.  

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

I'm  a member of that club. What a great concept...let's all meet on a cruise  but not talk to each other ! Sign me up.

We are a small elite club. Let’s speak no more. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

... No feet on furniture rule will be enforced.  That'll make many of us happier including @mking8288 

How about that ?  

Saw my handle mentioned, don't mind pitching in on some of the tech connectivity stuff but aren't we all partially at the mercy of StarLink unless ...  Well, can always try a remote, virtual presence if we cannot join or cruise in person. 

Weather stuff, that's the domain for @Pelican Bill and additionally@Jimopoulos and if ship has a planned Bermuda stop, @bluesea777 

Getting an intergenerational assembly of CC'er together for a 2026 cruise convention is easier said than done.  Life is too short.

11 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Getting an intergenerational assembly of CC'er together for a 2026 cruise convention is easier said than done.  

Can't say I disagree. Trying to get three people to agree on where to go for dinner is tough enough. However, where there's a will, there's a way. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

T he Viva has a nice 14 day out of Galveston in January of 2026

We've been to all of those ports, but to go back on a new ship might be nice.

And with a gaggle of our CC friends, even nicer.

14 Days Caribbean-Eastern

Norwegian Cruise Line • Norwegian Viva
Galveston, Great Stirrup Cay, Tortola, St. John's/Antigua, Philipsburg, San Juan, Puerto Plata, Cayman/George Town, Cozumel, Galveston
2 departure dates: Jan 10, 24 2026

• Like 2

Not as old a music as doo wop, but last Friday DW and I attended a John Fogerty concert at Bethel Woods (the original Woodstock site). It was billed as a Creedence celebration tour. It seems John Fogerty had lost, stolen is probably a better word.. his copyright rights to the Creedence songs he wrote. (I knew of that because I once read an autobiography by him.) Now he announced he finally got them back after 55 years due to his wife's tenacity in not taking no for an answer from the "evil record company executives" and the "even more evil lawyers". Plus, Fogerty added that he also used the "strategy of outliving them all".

It was a truly fine concert as those old Creedence songs are just wonderful. (I had previously seen Creedence in 1969 at Woodstock. They followed the Grateful Dead and preceded Janis Joplin.)

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, yakcruiser said:

Maybe if the powers that be knew there were going to be a large number of regular CC members   onboard there would be a onetime return of hashbrowns.

And cookies for general population 

• Haha 7

On 6/19/2024 at 9:51 PM, Faulkh said:

I live vivacious through all the cruises of the tagged CC’s in this post, would love to join in on potential CC cruise. At the end of the boomers but can’t we at least have songs through the mid 70’s 😂

I'm a boomer, and although I grew up with 70s music, the 80s was my favorite decade.

• Like 2

Back in the 60's when I was a newlywed we went to Richard Nader's first ever rock n roll revival in Madison Square Garden.  I can't remember all the groups that performed but I do remember the Harptones and the Skyliners.  It also was the first performance of Sha Na Na (remember Bowser?)    I would love a doo wop cruise.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Welp....I'm in. My husband will laugh at me. He doesn't understand just how we Criticer's can establish a relationship. I might be like a ghost onboard. Or perhaps my magical unicorn self! Who knows what you get until it's the day. 

Hey @complawyer, can you throw in a little T Swift for the inner Swiftie here? I'll not ask for Nick Minaj as Taylor will do for my husband too. 

This, will, of course be required wear on our NCL Cruise Critic formal night:

peng201905506-600x800w.jpg

Since I currently own this, we'll have a onesie pajama party as well...in the Observation Lounge. No feet on furniture rule will apply! That'll make @mking8288 very happy! 

Coca-Cola Coke Polar Bear Emoji One Piece Hooded Footie Pajama –  WebUndies.com

Ghost?  You must be thinking of the Dawn, deck 9 portside just behind the OS.  Do you know of such story?

14 hours ago, mking8288 said:

How about that ?  

Saw my handle mentioned, don't mind pitching in on some of the tech connectivity stuff but aren't we all partially at the mercy of StarLink unless ...  Well, can always try a remote, virtual presence if we cannot join or cruise in person. 

Weather stuff, that's the domain for @Pelican Bill and additionally@Jimopoulos and if ship has a planned Bermuda stop, @bluesea777 

Getting an intergenerational assembly of CC'er together for a 2026 cruise convention is easier said than done.  Life is too short.

If bluesea on, we can just have cc mg at her house.  Or, I actually met and worked with one of the Dunkley's Dairy so maybe if they still have any pull we can get key to city.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Can't say I disagree. Trying to get three people to agree on where to go for dinner is tough enough. However, where there's a will, there's a way. 

We did a family trip 2006 on Gem.  About 12 of us.  DM wanted us to do everything together but it derailed once we got on ship.

19 hours ago, DorothyB said:

I wonder how much it costs to "rent" the entire NCL Sun for 11 days??

Sun not my favorite but when we did sail on her, there was a large group of grocers onboard for a convention.  Several venues closed.  Did meet a nice family from Texas early on who was one of the grocers at Teppanyaki.  Saw them several other times.

Don't recall lack of hashbrowns or cookies but maybe the grocers supplied them.

29 minutes ago, dexddd said:

If bluesea on, we can just have cc mg at her house.  Or, I actually met and worked with one of the Dunkley's Dairy so maybe if they still have any pull we can get key to city.

You are "in" ? 

• Haha 1

So umm, y'all....I'm actually stunned my husband was onboard (get it, heehee, I'm hilarious) with this concept. As the planner (not really), if there's interest, I'll pledge myself as tribute to draft a Google Sheet for folks to say they're interested. Don't worry, it won't be one of those massive roll call Google Sheets that asks for maiden name, social, and first born child's working years. 

If we get a critical mass of folks, I'm thinking, like three, then let's go ahead and toss out some ideas. @MagnoliaBlossom already mentioned a V!va sailing to kick the 2026 off on the right start in Galveston (I like the cruise. I don't like the Galveston part given how hard it is to get to the port - doesn't mean I'd say no, though). If we want to have the really hard puns, to boost @schmoopie17's ego, it does have to be at least a ten day cruise. 

As an aside, since some of y'all know I do some travel agent work, I am not  offering those services. Just a planning doc to see if there's real and true interest. If there is, then I'm sure one of us conniving souls can start a Cruise Critic roll call...cuz, ya know, those are just oh so popular in this day and age. 

Let's see where this ship takes us...or nowhere.

• Like 4

Yes my DH and I would be interested.  And perhaps the cruise could be 2 7-day cruises that start in one port and end in a different with each leg not repeating any ports. Just a thought for any CCer’s that are restricted to 7 days.

11 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

And perhaps the cruise could be 2 7-day cruises that start in one port and end in a different

Can't do that with US ports unless one of them is a repositioning with a stop in South America.

• Like 1