Princess Plus: Is it wrong to get my 2 daily premium desserts . . .

I hit my 15 limit every day on a 7 day cruise, and usually a few of my travel partners.  Everyone handles alcohol differently.  You would not notice if you ran into me 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jejunate said:

I hit my 15 limit every day on a 7 day cruise, and usually a few of my travel partners.  Everyone handles alcohol differently.  You would not notice if you ran into me 

I will try not to run into you in case I knock you over after I do about 7 on my daily limit. 😀  

On 8/22/2024 at 1:06 PM, Silverspringcruiser said:

if I can't finish them?  On the one hand, it's a waste of food.  On the other hand, I paid for them as part of the Princess Plus packages.  Obviously I also paid for the food in the buffet and MDR, but there I would argue that only entitles me to as much as I can eat, not as much as I can take. 

Here’s what one looks like. To me it’s delicious & I enjoy it as a special treat. 

image.thumb.jpeg.034a8a59f84435947b338e230ffac108.jpeg

Tom😀

On 8/22/2024 at 8:02 PM, Thrak said:

My wife tried one of the sundaes and one of the cakes. That was it. She said the cake wasn't very good. The sundae was about as one would expect. I've never tried either one of them and am just fine with that. (We sailed for 63 days on Grand Princess last year and I probably only ordered  dessert maybe 10 times.)

Hi Thrak, if your only going to order one dessert on your next cruise my I suggest my go to dessert

volcano 😋 see photo 

The Captain of The Rowboat, Tony

DSCN1172.jpeg

IMG_1393.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, trbarton said:

Here’s what one looks like. To me it’s delicious & I enjoy it as a special treat. 

image.thumb.jpeg.034a8a59f84435947b338e230ffac108.jpeg

Tom😀

A bit late to the party😂See my picture posts from the other day!

8 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Thrak, if your only going to order one dessert on your next cruise my I suggest my go to dessert

volcano 😋 see photo 

DSCN1172.jpeg

IMG_1393.jpeg

How can I order that, it looks amazing!

Posted (edited)

We went and just collected the sweets from the sundaes.

They were mostly wrapped in plastic and are lollipops or sugar sticks, the grands/nieces/nephews loved them. 

30 days of sweets adds up. 
I don’t see those in the pics shared so maybe they did away with them.

Edited by Jadn13

8 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

volcano 😋 see photo 

DSCN1172.jpeg

IMG_1393.jpeg

Since the 1990s, it's been our tradition to have a Volcano--available from the kid's menu--the first night of a Princess cruise.  Then we go fairly light after that on sweets since most of them on Princess are only so-so.

On 8/22/2024 at 1:06 PM, Silverspringcruiser said:

if I can't finish them?  On the one hand, it's a waste of food.  On the other hand, I paid for them as part of the Princess Plus packages.  Obviously I also paid for the food in the buffet and MDR, but there I would argue that only entitles me to as much as I can eat, not as much as I can take. 

Seems pretty clear to me.  Don't do something you won't enjoy.  If you only want to eat half, then eat half.  We are on a cruise ship with tons of food waste.  Wasting a scoop of ice cream isn't something to worry about. 

how many are there? 8-10?  we'll dip a spoon into each and every one ... depending on availability.  I might actually take a couple of bites of the key lime pie one before I am disappointed.

The dilemma is at home I try not to waste anything. That isn't to say stuff doesn't get wasted, but not without trying hard not to. So you go on a cruise. Whether you take out a package or not you want your monies worth. But surely that doesn't mean filling your plate as full as you can or having something you really don't want or need just to make sure you don't miss out on getting what you feel you have paid for. 

12 minutes ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

The dilemma is at home I try not to waste anything. That isn't to say stuff doesn't get wasted, but not without trying hard not to. So you go on a cruise. Whether you take out a package or not you want your monies worth. But surely that doesn't mean filling your plate as full as you can or having something you really don't want or need just to make sure you don't miss out on getting what you feel you have paid for. 

You mean like those who fill the plate to the brim with a bunch of different dishes and then throw out most if it. Really bothers me just like when room service pizza was free and zi would see stacks of uneaten pizzas with one slice on in the hallways

12 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

I ordered the Volcano once long ago. It was way too much for me but it did make the server get excited when I ordered it.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

We went and just collected the sweets from the sundaes.

They were mostly wrapped in plastic and are lollipops or sugar sticks, the grands/nieces/nephews loved them. 

30 days of sweets adds up. 
I don’t see those in the pics shared so maybe they did away with them.

My kids would kill us if we brought those home to the Grandkids. If I did, I treat it like a hand grenade, flip one in the door, close door and run. Wouldn't want to sick around for the sugar bomb to go off😀

• Haha 3

On 8/23/2024 at 7:32 AM, dmcfad2 said:

I hope everyone is using their free fitness classes, too. Waist not, want not. (See what I did there? LOL)

Those are limited to two a cruise, not a day, with plus. 

We'd happily trade any dessert benefit for more classes. 

On 8/23/2024 at 4:08 PM, Esprit said:

Here’s a picture of one I had last week.

Can't remember its name! It was one of five to choose from all with Italian titles.

I did manage to eat it all but couldn’t scrape off the frozen chocolate 😩

IMG_8099.jpeg

Pretty sure I could get through one of those - especially if I shared it with DH. I can't have the cookie (not GF) but I could have the marshmallow. 

On 8/22/2024 at 4:06 PM, Silverspringcruiser said:

You paid for them

6 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

oh ok I thought it was 1 each per day with the plus package?

2 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

I believe it is 2 per day and hard to believe there are not sugar overdoses 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Muffinz said:

The ice cream is 2 per day with Plus per person

The fitness classes are 2 per cruise with Plus per person

Edited by phabric
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

1 hour ago, Muffinz said:

1 hour ago, memoak said:

I believe it is 2 per day and hard to believe there are not sugar overdoses 

I think some of you are talking about desserts and some about fitness classes!  😀

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, phabric said:

The ice cream is 2 per day with Plus per person

The fitness classes are 2 per cruise with Plus per person

You would need 3 hours minimum in the gym to work off the ice cream calories 

4 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Someone actually tackled every sundae….

But with the new Premium package you can get unlimited amounts of everything. LOL 😄😄