Celebrity website BEYOND INSANITY

twobluecats

Maybe Celebrity spent all $$ on EDGE and have nothing left to fix the web site. Or, they just don't care.. that's it - they just don't care - sad:(

If it was a money issue, they'd have just left the old website in place, since that would cost less than designing a new one. And the old one worked, so that would have been OK.

Few things rattle me, but the inexcusably pathetic online "tool" Celebrity provides is ridiculous. I can't effectively access my account, my reservations, or plan shore excursions. They should be embarrassed by their online presence-nothing modern or luxurious about it. I sure hope they don't pay their technology department standard wages-they don't earn it.

I thought it was just me. I recently booked and cannot access account that shows OBC or book shore excursions either.

What happens if you don't do the online checkin and just show up?? I would suspect there may be one person out there that doesn't have a computer even in this day ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What happens if you don't do the online checkin and just show up?? I would suspect there may be one person out there that doesn't have a computer even in this day ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nothing. It just speeds up the process a bit.

tried to register for a celebrity meet and mingle from cruise critic website and it takes me to the celebrity website! Cannot even register!

Right. When you want to register for a meet and mingle cruise critic party hosted by Celebrity, you go to the Celebrity website. Either directly or by clicking some link here. Sounds like it works for you...

My own recent experience (all with respect to a previously booked upcoming August cruise):

I've ordered some Gifts for our stateroom.

I've booked an excursion.

I've upgraded my Classic package to Premium.

[both excursion and package upgrade paid for in part with OBC. This new option is great!]

I've made final payment.

I've registered for the cruise critic party. (My wife and I were like numbers 22 and 23, the party has since been confirmed with 25+ having registered.)

I've completed on-line check in.

I've ordered my luggage tags.

I've received my luggage tags.

I get it that there are still rough spots in the new website, but I think that those who are running around like chicken little need to find a new dead horse to flog. IMNSHO.

Enjoy your cruises!

Stan

tried to register for a celebrity meet and mingle from cruise critic website and it takes me to the celebrity website! Cannot even register!

The page has changed and is now at: https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-critic-connections

When looking up a party (on the right side), the updated information is displayed on the screen below the form with about an inch of white space (on my computer) between it and the form. The lack of feedback on the form matches the site's general lack of feedback when you log in, call up your reservation (but don't then click the "Manage Reservation" link), etc.

Right. When you want to register for a meet and mingle cruise critic party hosted by Celebrity, you go to the Celebrity website. Either directly or by clicking some link here. Sounds like it works for you...

I think Cruise Critic hasn't updated the link to the new one, at https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-critic-connections

X should have redirected the old link to the new link, but I don't know if the old link was a non-secure link (redirects from non-secure to secure will sometimes throw browser warnings).

My own recent experience (all with respect to a previously booked upcoming August cruise):

My experience too. I haven't found anything truly broken on the site yet, but outlined my frustrations with it (and so many other modern web sites) with the modern interface design. I suspect you'll get heat for saying the site is OK for you.

I think Cruise Critic hasn't updated the link to the new one, at https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-critic-connections

X should have redirected the old link to the new link, but I don't know if the old link was a non-secure link (redirects from non-secure to secure will sometimes throw browser warnings).

My experience too. I haven't found anything truly broken on the site yet, but outlined my frustrations with it (and so many other modern web sites) with the modern interface design. I suspect you'll get heat for saying the site is OK for you.

Thanks for sharing this link. I've been trying to register for meet and greets for the last few days on this link but failed as the drop down menu won't work and still doesn't.

Additionally this week I was locked out of my My Celebrity account where it didn't recognise my user name or password. I spent 30 mins on the phone to Celebrity who eventually suggested a plan using a false email address. I didn't try this but the next day was able to log in using the original user name and password.

I know I'm in a long line of people saying the same thing but it is beyond my understanding as to why this company has such hopeless websites.

Just used the new website for the first time - I agree, it's beyond insanity! They shouldn't have allowed this to go live! The cabin choice seems to have stuck on one cabin, no matter what deck I click, and when I put in my captains number to access possible deals it locked completely with the error message "please call the Loyalty Desk at 1.800.760.0654 and reference SIGN ON ERROR in order to restore your sign on capability. We apologize for the inconvenience."

This was at 7am this morning, and all I wanted is to look at options and prices on a cruise over a year away. I don't want to get on the phone to Celebrity. Instead, I find myself going to the other cruise line of my choice, Princess, and looking at their options for that month. So easy. Actually I prefer Celebrity, but if it's going to be this difficult to get simple information, then it will affect our bookings. This website is likely to deter new customers, too. It's just madness :mad: !

Thanks for sharing this link. I've been trying to register for meet and greets for the last few days on this link but failed as the drop down menu won't work and still doesn't.

Additionally this week I was locked out of my My Celebrity account where it didn't recognise my user name or password. I spent 30 mins on the phone to Celebrity who eventually suggested a plan using a false email address. I didn't try this but the next day was able to log in using the original user name and password.

I know I'm in a long line of people saying the same thing but it is beyond my understanding as to why this company has such hopeless websites.

This company is just beyond my understanding

Just used the new website for the first time - I agree, it's beyond insanity! They shouldn't have allowed this to go live! The cabin choice seems to have stuck on one cabin, no matter what deck I click, and when I put in my captains number to access possible deals it locked completely with the error message "please call the Loyalty Desk at 1.800.760.0654 and reference SIGN ON ERROR in order to restore your sign on capability. We apologize for the inconvenience."

This was at 7am this morning, and all I wanted is to look at options and prices on a cruise over a year away. I don't want to get on the phone to Celebrity. Instead, I find myself going to the other cruise line of my choice, Princess, and looking at their options for that month. So easy. Actually I prefer Celebrity, but if it's going to be this difficult to get simple information, then it will affect our bookings. This website is likely to deter new customers, too. It's just madness :mad: !

It will determine new customers even more than folks who already cruise with and love X cruises.

I just took another look at the page, and the little down arrows at the sides of the fields do not activate the drop down. Try clicking in the middle of the field. I didn't notice this oddity because I must be clicking in the middle of the fields. Try that and see if that works:

A6QBlGJVRjS39mnlLQ6UEyCxgZhxa1bysZCcQI694CJFZhUAXERXxvuJYtkfxSXIRh3vBw_i0ZPCI42EFAsgOOCtPzvHHvJ5lPUaHIlacKlavZdZcqICmViAl5xAiukb-SAFTfF0d3hV0oej92_JA46xzA9CxDg_NrKv4yp630KomkSBlO5gT83tQ-qE7aFgx2FsaQukO2ZFnGMaNDXva37KZ6vmA1XICHdzauu_NOpjfMLN3OGMFvurwIN_E18HY7-9C359B91MQ16b0vey0OdfWLblBdBLJHM3sZRnJDhpkYRURQTEhJKurvLi9nuaiYkKAYCqhSyMj_4Bz8kBFq_cgti4uvbMRSrzNJlFgxz0MMA0N9ztxFuGYigKcVBhNdY2YExbjf6O8U3zyWGYIYDzAaJLorVOSUNHAJ7yuCCj_gAL-oR4vXHzG9NONlcyNRddGG2gSBRCb8go8o9q1NbynZLxxfX4y1LZ1SlU7hXOiRRZqMNuvhjpzDL0pV2A2wrJ-jI7c6VD2bbYkfZ_QwUP-D9gBa9OaMZROGwBIqHKzfG85s7jwsg9Mv30JcU_1Q0l35mqEaIUaQ35oni-wfrckfLqyolwugKtQ7B-JbYIv93AfW9WEj-d=w700-h590-no

It will determine new customers even more than folks who already cruise with and love X cruises.

Just found out that MSC honors all loyalty programs, this is a game changer for us!

We are done with X!!!:evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile:

Great marketing tool. Does Princess or Holland America match your Celebrity status?

No! MSC has an entirely different attitude...some of which we attribute to them trying to get a toehold in the US Market (they have 10 more ships on their future build list). We were able to get immediate Black status with MSC (Black would be similar to at least Elite or Elite Plus on X) by simply sending them a copy of our HAL status. While Celebrity seems determined to drive away some of their best customers.....MSC seems determined to gobble them up :).

Hank

While Celebrity seems determined to drive away some of their best customers.....MSC seems determined to gobble them up :).

Hank

I thought it was a brilliant move on MSC's part. Have yet to sail on them as I had a lot of cruises already in the pipeline, but am anxious to try out their Yacht Club. My sister did already and loved it. She has another cruise booked with them. So that's two cruises Celebrity didn't get.

One piece of really good news about the new website: You can now see graphically every cabin open in each category, one deck at a time. No longer necessary to go to another website maintained by a British cruise agency to find this information.

How many times do I have to log in? I log in, then am taken to a log in page and have to do it again.

I go to Manage My Reservation and a red box appears that tells me "Please complete your Primary Guest Information to modify your reservation." How do I do that when it is already complete?

I've figured that one out, but how annoying is it that you have to log in sometimes 4 different times before you get in. I also have found that when the screen seems to freeze when I enter cruise planner if I wait 15 minutes and refresh 12 times it eventually unfreezes. Who has time for this nonsense?!!