Your favorite Celebrity waiter

GeorgeL

Do you have a favorite waiter that made your cruise dining experience more enjoyable and memorable? Here is your chance to give him/her a shout-out.

I need to add Bonifacio, our current waiter on the Connie. He's sweet, exceedingly competent, and has a great sense of humor. We're having a wonderful time with him. I've been giving him a hard time because rum raisin ice cream hasn't been on the menu. Well he conjured some up for me last night! Great guy!

We had an excellent waiter named Marius on the Summit 12/12/09 sailing. I'm not sure if he was from Romania and possibly the same Marius mentioned on another ship. He was very attentive and always tried to anticipate our requests and give us extra entrees of items we might like to try out. Best service ever!

• 9 years later...
On 12/11/2009 at 3:49 PM, Compass Rose Monica said:

On my equinox cruise, Nelson was wonderful! Our table was 320 on the 3rd deck. His assistant waiter was Yovani, also great. At the end of our first night, Nelson went around the table asking what we'd like to be called - name, nick-name, whatever. He remembered our names (10 of us) immediately. That made the evenings better. I don't remember being called by name on my other cruises.

Monica

We LOVED Nelson on the Equinox. I think he was moving to a new ship after his vacation back at home in Goa, India

We had Ramburne from Mauritius on Silhouette. He was an excellent waiter, with a great sense of humor. We don't usually go to the MDR every night, but we looked forward to seeing him and bar server Maria, who showed up tableside every evening with our favorite drinks.

A few years ago, we had Sanyo on Reflection. I believe he was from India. He was a very elegant, graceful waiter who knew exactly what we wanted without us needing to ask. We were travelling with our disabled son. The first night at Sanyo's table, he noticed that I swapped out plates with my son so I could cut his food and swapped the plates back. Every night after that, Sanyo asked my son if he would allow him to cut his food. He was so attentive and kind to my son and it was pretty nice for me, too. He told my son that he reminded him of his brother and he looked forward to seeing him each night. The feeling was mutual.

Celebrities strength is their excellent crew members. We've always had marvelous waiters and assistants, but the two above really stick out for me.

• Like 1

I sometimes wonder if something is wrong with us...we couldn’t name a single waiter, butler or crew member on any of our previous cruises.  We are unfailingly polite and respectful but that’s as far as it goes.  We don’t dine in a MDR on any of our cruises and maybe that is the difference?  Just sayin...

So many but let's give it a try.  

1998-Century-Marie/bar waiter from the Czech Republic.  We always had a drink in the Rendevouz Lounge before dinner and after the first night, she would spot us from across the room and zoom over to serve us.  The last night, DH requested her to make  an Irish Coffee for him.  Lovely young woman. 

2013-Silhouette-Jesse-MDR.  Only problem with Jesse is that he was a favorite of the Captain and on Formal nights was tagged to serve that table.  Very attentive to me and Mom and personality plus.

2018-Silhouette-Dejuan/sommelier from Romania.  Made great wine recommendations and always took time to chat with us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shofer said:

2018-Silhouette-Dejuan/sommelier from Romania.  Made great wine recommendations and always took time to chat with us.

Da Jan IS wonderful, he was Sommelier in Luminae last month on the TA.  Best one we've ever encountered and fun to talk to ...he is home now, left right after our sailing.

On 12/11/2009 at 6:16 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Carlos, Mercury to Alaska. He absolutely made the cruise for us. Best waiter ever!

Years back (14 or more) we had a waiter named Carlos from I believe Panama. He was probably in his late 40's or early 50's.

He made our MDR dining an event to look forward to each night.

Little things like joking that will be no fighting at the table as he replaced our table knives with sharper steak knives before the main entree was served or knowing our likes and dislikes after the first night. 

I am an early riser and would see him in the buffet each morning at around 6 or so as he was wrapping flatware in napkins and would chat a little as I had my morning coffee.

We felt like we were guests in his home for each meal and he was the perfect host.

There have been others, but none to equal Carlos.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, boscobeans said:

Years back (14 or more) we had a waiter named Carlos from I believe Panama. He was probably in his late 40's or early 50's.

He made our MDR dining an event to look forward to each night.

Little things like joking that will be no fighting at the table as he replaced our table knives with sharper steak knives before the main entree was served or knowing our likes and dislikes after the first night. 

I am an early riser and would see him in the buffet each morning at around 6 or so as he was wrapping flatware in napkins and would chat a little as I had my morning coffee.

We felt like we were guests in his home for each meal and he was the perfect host.

There have been others, but none to equal Carlos.

We met our favorite, Eduardo, on an Alaska cruise on board Mercury as well back in 2006 (see picture above) and met him again on Infinity two years later. Sadly, we've not cross paths again, but he would joke with us much like your favorite did. We've also had good waiters since, but none to match Eduardo. We often wonder where he is now.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2019 at 8:35 AM, Gracie115 said:

Davud on Eclipse April 2018 and wonderful Sony on Silhouette last month.  Both in Luminae, both outstanding!!

Sony is such a sweetheart! Always smiling! Saw him in March on the Silhouette and he served breakfast to us one morning! 

Domnick was also in Luminae and remembered us from a Summit cruise! Amazing memories on some of the crew! 

We requested  Domnick every night we dined in Luminae.  He was so kind with our special needs adult son! Treated him like a king. Our last night onboard they became Facebook friends and have been keeping in touch ever since! In fact Domnick sent him a message just yesterday!

• Like 1

It's nice to see so many names.....the folks on the ships really work to make our cruises outstanding.  Our most memorable waiter was Jose....don't remember his last name, but he was in Blu.  He transferred to the Reflection when they moved their "best" to that ship....and he was definitely in that group.

There was a thread here a few years ago about Jose...some loved him, some not so much.  It was ultimately deleted by the moderator.

• Like 1